HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Chris Neil vs Frazer McLaren fight Mar 30 2013

Old
03-31-2013, 12:25 AM
fahad203

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=H2ODP;62835917]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad203 View Post

Let's say it happened for the sake of argument, are you claiming Neil is afraid of McLaren? I mean, Neil was chasing McLaren all over down the ice before the scrum in the 3rd. Does that mean McLaren is afraid of Neil?

I don't believe any of the above, I'm just making a point like I posted in an earlier post above. I don't get the logic of fans these days.. "Your fighter turned my guy down, he's a coward!!" I don't get it..
I never said Neil was. I am pointing out the fact that he did what he did to save face. That fight doesn't take place in first period. Neil had a bad game, Kassian is proving to be a better and willing fighter.

I enjoy these games because of it.

fahad203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:27 AM
T M L

This was not a fight. It was Neil being a cheap shot at the end of the game.

McLaren will take Neil's head off if he wants too.

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:30 AM
Renner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
It's silly to say Neil/Kassian/McLaren/Orr are afraid of anyone, none of them are. However, I think it's fairly safe to claim that it was Neil that was challenging McLaren during that entire last shift that led to the scrum. He was chasing him the whole time. Again, there's nothing wrong with turning someone down, Kassian turned Orr down later in that scrum. For some reason, fans don't like admitting that their own guy turned another fighter down, there's nothing wrong with that, especially in the circumstances of this game, everyone fought that should have fought already.
Kassian had the right to turn down anyone. he had two fights. You didnt see Orr jump him though and start pounding. he asked him Kassian said no..game over whatever.

What did Neil do? He didnt have a fight..McL had a big scrap with Kassian already and Neil just starts throwing punches...you dont do that ****..its absurd and disrespectful.

Renner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:31 AM
h2

vCash: 120
Quote:

I never said Neil was. I am pointing out the fact that he did what he did to save face. That fight doesn't take place in first period. Neil had a bad game, Kassian is proving to be a better and willing fighter.

I enjoy these games because of it.
I don't think you can make a claim like that with the justification you are using. Otherwise, I agree with Kassian being a better and more willing fighter, that's his job and Neil isn't getting any younger.

h2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:32 AM
h2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renner View Post
Kassian had the right to turn down anyone. he had two fights. You didnt see Orr jump him though and start pounding. he asked him Kassian said no..game over whatever.

What did Neil do? He didnt have a fight..McL had a big scrap with Kassian already and Neil just starts throwing punches...you dont do that ****..its absurd and disrespectful.
Oh, I can find videos of Orr jumping people and starting to pound.. Let's not go down this road..

Old
03-31-2013, 12:44 AM
Renner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
Oh, I can find videos of Orr jumping people and starting to pound.. Let's not go down this road..
This has nothing to do with the situation tonight. I looked up the Kaleta fight just now and saw Orr did that but cmon its kaleta who has diving around and being a *********. Im sure Orr has done it before but Im pretty sure he hasnt made a habit of going after guys like Schenn and Phaneuf.

Orr fights anyone and everyone any chance he gets. Neil does not.

Renner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:47 AM
h2

Quote:
This has nothing to do with the situation tonight. I looked up the Kaleta fight just now and saw Orr did that but cmon its kaleta who has diving around and being a *********. Im sure Orr has done it before but Im pretty sure he hasnt made a habit of going after guys like Schenn and Phaneuf.

Orr fights anyone and everyone any chance he gets. Neil does not.
You do realize you are contradicting yourself left and right here?

Old
03-31-2013, 01:12 AM
McDooRoo

I think Neil is a pompous ass, can't stand him. Kassian is a ****** too. Orr isn't bad most of the time

McDooRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:26 AM
h2

Quote:
Yes he did. Behind Leafs net. Maclean was calling for a penalty in that play. Happend in first period.
I just saw what you were mentioning. This was during the Greening/Fraser fight during a scrum in front of the net, the linesmen got between McLaren/Neil before it took off, so I'm pretty sure nobody was running away from anyone in that instance you were talking about.

And MacLean was calling for a penalty on Fraser for instigating vs Greening..

Old
03-31-2013, 01:39 AM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Neil is a big baby. He wanted no part of Orr, McLaren or any Leaf big guy. He knew better. Then he acts all manly when the ref is in between. What a jerk.
Neil puts up as many points in a season as Orr has in his 400+ game career, what advantage could possibly be had by Neil fighting either him or McLaren? Hate him all you want, the man can both fight and play, he doesn't have to fight every teams' journeyman scrappers. This is almost as silly as when people complain that certain 30 goal scoring Bruin doesn't answer every bell.

Tap on the Ankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:10 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Neil wins cos McLaren turtled...

HE'S SO SCARED OF NEIL LIKE A LITTLE GIRL.

Jeez guys, stop with the homer-isms...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Sinter Klaas

vCash: 1147
What happened to McL's face? It looked like he was in a car accident recently.

Sinter Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:32 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
Westgarth happened I believe. That was his last scrap on the 28th

tacogeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:39 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinter Klaas View Post
What happened to McL's face? It looked like he was in a car accident recently.
Westgarth cut him up in their fright a few days ago.

As for this scrap, the linesmen really need to be trained to back off when players start throwing punches. Two heavyweights like that, throwing haymakers over and around an official, that's not a safe situation for anyone. Just back off and let 'em go if that's what they want to do.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:50 AM
Erz8771

I only watched parts of the game. But why did Neil wait till the end of the game to get involved?

Erz8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:18 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Pretty classless by neil to be honest, hes a good fighter but now next time they play orr or mclaren has a real excuse now to just kick his ass. Neil always turns down orr, orr has been here for 4 years now and Toronto plays Ottawa 6 times a year and they have fought 2 times. The first time orr didnt give neil an opportunity to say no and won the fight. The second time neil probably felt like he had to fight orr because DD got KO'd by mclaren and im sure orr was really not expecting it because when does neil ever have the guts to drop them with orr, but neil did win the second fight. In this case pretty coward by neil here to go after a guy who has not only fought that game but is coming off a fight there last game. He also goes after him at the end of a shift and at the end of the game. Neil also gets tougher as the more linesmen come in, pretty funny if you read mclarens lips he says "your a ****ing has-been" to neil. And yes it did look like kassian declined orr, but i dont really blame kassian he already fought twice, but the first fight with orr though it was a win im sure both fighters were not proud of it and want a rematch when their both fresh.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:22 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap on the Ankle View Post
Neil puts up as many points in a season as Orr has in his 400+ game career, what advantage could possibly be had by Neil fighting either him or McLaren? Hate him all you want, the man can both fight and play, he doesn't have to fight every teams' journeyman scrappers. This is almost as silly as when people complain that certain 30 goal scoring Bruin doesn't answer every bell.
lol so why the hell is he acting like a tough guys. If he doesnt wanna fight these guys, which he never does, then why is he poking the bear.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:39 PM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
lol so why the hell is he acting like a tough guys. If he doesnt wanna fight these guys, which he never does, then why is he poking the bear.
He already fought Orr and won...............

check out hockey fights . com to see his resume 150+ fights. Orr, Lucic, Domi, Engallend, Chara, etc etc. he doesnt win it all but doesnt back down.

tacogeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YunelYESco View Post
Thank you! Someone else witnessed this
3 fights in a game earns you a misconduct which piles up to a suspension.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:26 PM
jbeck5

Wow, neil is so classless. I think i saw him kick a baby in the first. Did you see in the scrum at the end when he punched a puppy in the face? He probably did that because he's scared of phaneuf or something. Neil's a *****. He's scared of everyone. Neil sucks!

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:29 PM
newfy

I cant stand when people say Neil turns downs a lot of fights. Every fighter does. Neil has fought Orr a couple times and tried to fight McLaren all shift at the end of the game.

To say Neil, Kassian Orr or McLaren are scared of anyone is ridiculous. They will all fight anyone. Neil might have beaten up guys that some Leaf fans hate him for like Schenn, but contrary to some belief around here Neil is small out there. He can fight guys that size, its not him being a spot picker itshim dominating his weight class.

Ottawa and Toronto are both really tough teams, neither fan base should be calling out the other team

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:36 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
First of all Neil is a tough boy and isnt scared of either one of them. However, watching this game I thought what Neil did was very classless. Not only should you not fight a guy who already fought in a game who is most likely tired out...but it looked like he suckered that guy too.
But McLaren fighting Kassian was fine?

MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
I respect Neil.

I just came in here to say this. I remember hating on him, until someone reminded me that he rarely does anything dirty or has gotten suspended often. Solid hockey player, can't say too much more or less.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:41 PM
BeSeeingYouSeattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Neil is a big baby. He wanted no part of Orr, McLaren or any Leaf big guy. He knew better. Then he acts all manly when the ref is in between. What a jerk.
You may want to get your eyes checked. Neil was trying to fight him back in TO's zone and McLaren wouldn't go. I'm not saying McLaren was scared, clearly that would be silly (just as silly as you implying Neil was), but he likely didn't feel the need to fight at the end of a game they already had won. However, the fact is that Neil was trying to fight him and McLaren did not want to go for whatever reason. So basically, what you said, except completely different.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:44 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Good fighters know when do fight and when not to. Even if a player was "scared" of another he would fight him. When your job is to fight and you are expected to fight the other teams fighter, you fight cause if you don't you won't be around long. Simple as that. People who claim a player didnt fight because he is scared don't know ****.

MrCraigAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote