HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu sent down to Hamilton (April 18th, 2013)

Old
03-31-2013, 01:17 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

vCash: 500
You could just see it in Moen's face. He was dying, even said something like "Alright lets go" to Nathan

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He has the most "flashy" skills of the three. Tinordi may still have a bigger NHL impact down the line.
Of the three, I think Tinordi potentially gives the Habs more of what they're missing - size and shutdown ability. Our team's weakness seems to be in our own zone, where we give opposing forwards time to set up and often get stuck with failed clearing attempts. Our system already has lots of backchecking from our forwards, so there are always plenty of players able to move the puck out. But we need another solid, responsible D to keep our shooting lanes closed in front of Price and punish the opposition when they get anywhere near the net. Tinordi could be that guy.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:32 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Of the three, I think Tinordi potentially gives the Habs more of what they're missing - size and shutdown ability. Our team's weakness seems to be in our own zone, where we give opposing forwards time to set up and often get stuck with failed clearing attempts. Our system already has lots of backchecking from our forwards, so there are always plenty of players able to move the puck out. But we need another solid, responsible D to keep our shooting lanes closed in front of Price and punish the opposition when they get anywhere near the net. Tinordi could be that guy.
This is just stupid, why are we discussing who would be more essential to this team? Can't we be glad that we have both? You need a mix of talent to win the cup and everyone has a role to fill. Except for P.k we also don't have any mobile d's and our second PP unit is terrible. We need both, plain and simple.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
This is just stupid, why are we discussing who would be more essential to this team? Can't we be glad that we have both? You need a mix of talent to win the cup and everyone has a role to fill. Except for P.k we also don't have any mobile d's and our second PP unit is terrible. We need both, plain and simple.
??

Who's saying we don't need both?? If you thought I meant Beaulieu was tradable, you misunderstood. No way in hell should we consider trading either! My point was that Tinordi's skill set addresses a more immediate weak spot.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

For his first outing it was not so bad. I love that the Habs are a winning team, they can just insert guys in a winnning environment with minimal pressure, they don't have to be the sort of guys that we put all our hopes in. He didn't have to be great last night, just not make too many mistakes. It's a different situation than when Latendresse came in for example where we needed a power forward badly. Beaulieu especially is not the sort of guy that can really carry the play and be all gangbusters. So it's the perfect time for him.

If Beaulieu plays better in the next couple of games, with the return of Weber, we could have an interesting second-pairing on the PP and not have to make a trade for a D. They don't have to always play together, though. I like how last night they put PK on two units, with Markov and Beaulieu so the kid didn't have to carry the load(since PK does everything).

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:42 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
I was at the game yesterday, and holy ****! This guy has no mobility right now. He needs a lot of improvement in that department imo.

Anyone else think he might have been showcased? He played a whole 17:17minutes. As opposed to Tinordi who has a 10min or so average per game.

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:42 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
??

Who's saying we don't need both?? If you thought I meant Beaulieu was tradable, you misunderstood. No way in hell should we consider trading either! My point was that Tinordi's skill set addresses a more immediate weak spot.
In my opinion Beaulieu is the one who fills the immediate weak spot, we don't have any mobile D's except PK for now with Diaz out and he fills that role and will be great
on the second PP unit.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:46 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
I was at the game yesterday, and holy ****! This guy has no mobility right now. He needs a lot of improvement in that department imo.

Anyone else think he might have been showcased? He played a whole 17:17minutes. As opposed to Tinordi who has a 10min or so average per game.
He has no mobility? Are you freaking blind? He played a great game which is why Therrien trusted him. He's not being showcased... Bergevin wants his prospects to get a bit of experience and see what they have to work on in the AHL.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Lshap

Quote:
In my opinion Beaulieu is the one who fills the immediate weak spot, we don't have any mobile D's except PK for now with Diaz out and he fills that role and will be great
on the second PP unit.
I love Beaulieu's potential and would love to be proven wrong, but I'm afraid his defensive gaps might hurt us more than his offensive bursts will help us. Thinking ahead to the playoffs, we need to be rock-solid in our own zone. Right now we're not.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:51 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:

LOL sorry but,

No mobility?

Showcased?

No.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Lshap

Quote:

I'd guess the TOI difference might be because Beaulieu was playing against a much weaker team than the teams Tinordi faced. Last night was the easiest, lowest-risk game we've played for awhile!

Old
03-31-2013, 01:53 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Beaulieu also got PP time.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Did you happen to drink a lot pre-game, and forget your glasses?

His skating is really good.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:54 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
I love Beaulieu's potential and would love to be proven wrong, but I'm afraid his defensive gaps might hurt us more than his offensive bursts will help us. Thinking ahead to the playoffs, we need to be rock-solid in our own zone. Right now we're not.
I think his defensive game gets overcriticized. He's way better than he gets credit for and has improved so much since the beggining of the year.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:55 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Did you happen to drink a lot pre-game, and forget your glasses?

His skating is really good.
I guess the scouts got it wrong, he's not an offensive d-man with great skating. Maybe Tinordi can fill that role because Beaulieu just has cement in his skates.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:56 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
Quote:
He has no mobility? Are you freaking blind? He played a great game which is why Therrien trusted him. He's not being showcased... Bergevin wants his prospects to get a bit of experience and see what they have to work on in the AHL.
No speed, turns like a truck, maybe it wasn't apparent on the TV, but in the Bell Center it was blatant. Thats my opinion and time will tell!

He has great offensive flair, on the pp he held onto to the and even attempted a small deke and created a big gap and a shooting lane.

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:56 PM
CoconutHockey*

Quote:
I'd guess the TOI difference might be because Beaulieu was playing against a much weaker team than the teams Tinordi faced. Last night was the easiest, lowest-risk game we've played for awhile!
I think Tinordi played just over 15 minutes on his first game (at the Bell Center). But then we faced Pittsburgh and Boston back-to-back on the road, where MT could not get the match-ups he wanted. The coaching staff is doing a good job at giving them sheltered minutes.

CoconutHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:00 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
First you're out of line... he's not being stupid his post is dead on.

Secondly as far as who would be more "essential"... right now I'd say it's a Tinordi type guy. He and Beaulieu are different players with Beaulieu being far better on the offensive side of things... obviously great to have. But we are in real need of a big shutdown guy who can clear the crease. Tinordi fits that bill better than Beaulieu does. That doesn't mean he's a better player...

As to your question "can't we be glad that we have both" well yeah of course we can. I don't think LSHAP was saying that we can't.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:01 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
No speed, turns like a truck, maybe it wasn't apparent on the TV, but in the Bell Center it was blatant. Thats my opinion and time will tell!

He has great offensive flair, on the pp he held onto to the and even attempted a small deke and created a big gap and a shooting lane.
This is just too funny, he was the best skating D in the whole Q. The best skater in Hamilton and the second best skater yesterday. I don't even know how someone could think he's a bad skater. Unles you have no clue what you're talking about which is what I'm leaning towards.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to Carey Commit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHJMQFan1 View Post
I think Tinordi played just over 15 minutes on his first game (at the Bell Center). But then we faced Pittsburgh and Boston back-to-back on the road, where MT could not get the match-ups he wanted. The coaching staff is doing a good job at giving them sheltered minutes.
His first game was in Jersey and he played 14:48, he didn't even play 12 minutes in any of the next 5 games (even the home games) obviously bottoming out vs Pittsburgh and Boston when he didn't even play a combined 15 minutes in the 2 games.

Carey Commit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Wait, I think I figured it out.

You thought he was #20, not #40. Understandable mistake.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:08 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
First you're out of line... he's not being stupid his post is dead on.

Secondly as far as who would be more "essential"... right now I'd say it's a Tinordi type guy. He and Beaulieu are different players with Beaulieu being far better on the offensive side of things... obviously great to have. But we are in real need of a big shutdown guy who can clear the crease. Tinordi fits that bill better than Beaulieu does. That doesn't mean he's a better player...

As to your question "can't we be glad that we have both" well yeah of course we can. I don't think LSHAP was saying that we can't.
I didn't say he was stupid, obviously I don't think we need Tinordi more than Beaulieu nor is it the other way around. We need both just as much, Markov's time might be coming to an end and Beaulieu could fill those shoes when it's his time. Both players will be great for this team and just as valuable.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:29 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:

His skating is arguably his biggest asset.

He's an effortless skater.

I think the alcohol was blatant in your system.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
On top of the team trolling Beaulieu, the coaching staff took turns slashing the stick out of his hands when he wasn't looking. It was quite funny, and he was a good sport about it too.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:38 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:

You can't do April Fools jokes on March 31st. If you are serious I don't know what to say because he has no mobility issues.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote