HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Canadiens | 3/30/13 | March 17th, 2009 Is All I Have To Say

View Poll Results: Star of the Game?
March 10 20.00%
17th 10 20.00%
2009 30 60.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2013, 01:03 PM
  #351
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Yeah, I have to hope for OT when the Jets and Rangers meet. On the plus side, I can cheer for pretty much every goal in the game.
So like, 2 goals?

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:04 PM
  #352
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Don't worry, we'll win tomorrow and we'll beat the Pens too. Crosby ate a puck and is out for some time
He's not expected to miss any games.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:08 PM
  #353
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,246
vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
So like, 2 goals?
Thanks for reminding me.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:14 PM
  #354
JD123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Yeah, I have to hope for OT when the Jets and Rangers meet. On the plus side, I can cheer for pretty much every goal in the game.
So you won't be cheering much I guess

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:24 PM
  #355
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 50
"@RealKyper: #87update. Can confirm #Penguins Crosby had surgery yesterday to his jaw. Extent of the damage still being evaluated 2day. Out indefinitely"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
He's not expected to miss any games.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:26 PM
  #356
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,627
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
"@RealKyper: #87update. Can confirm #Penguins Crosby had surgery yesterday to his jaw. Extent of the damage still being evaluated 2day. Out indefinitely"
Does it really matter if he plays or not? We're still gonna get shut out whether he plays or not.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:31 PM
  #357
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
Forget about looking at the Kings, look at the Habs, everyone had this team pegged to finish outside of the playoffs this season, they bring in a new coach, new system, new identity and player buy in and voila!!!
Not as simple as you make it sound; first of all, it is more than one player that's been added to the Habs lineup and, if I remember correctly, Terrien was fired by the Pens for very much the same reasons we're all *****ing and moaning about with Torts.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:35 PM
  #358
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
So basically this place is going to be a war zone...
Touché

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:35 PM
  #359
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
So what do you guys think? Does this show that Avery was a problem in the locker room? or it's just a way to control rumors and assumptions on how the team feels about Torts?
Face facts, Avery was a non factor when he was here and he is now become a non entity without a platform to stand on and be heard other than the social media.
Shameful, isn't it?

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:37 PM
  #360
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
"@RealKyper: #87update. Can confirm #Penguins Crosby had surgery yesterday to his jaw. Extent of the damage still being evaluated 2day. Out indefinitely"
Good for Kypreos. Bylsma said they expect he'll be ready Tuesday against Buffalo. Also said he had "dental" surgery, not "jaw" surgery.

Edit: Now NBC is reporting a broken jaw. Maybe we'll get lucky. Players have played with broken jaws before, but I could see them shelfing him til the playoffs. Still, Malkin, Neal, Iginla and the rest of the Penguins are going to be a handful the way we've been playing.

Though I expect us to score 4+ in one of the next three games because of how putrid we've been. That's how it goes. Break out and waste all the scoring in one game.


Last edited by SERE 24: 03-31-2013 at 01:54 PM.
SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:10 PM
  #361
iceman9999
Registered User
 
iceman9999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
What does that have to do with anything? Torts isn't some slob. He has played hockey in his career albeit not at the NHL level. Guys like Scotty Bowman and Mike Babcock and Barry Trotz have never played NHL hockey either.



Minus the obvious hyperbole, of course they did. He's their coach. A lot of athletes do it. Whether or not they like John is a different debate but they aren't unique in their defense of him.



Because they actually play for the New York Rangers? Is this part serious???



Based on what? He had a pretty strong season last year playing the same system. It's not Torts' fault that Richards is infatuated with mindless behind the back drop passes. It's not Torts fault that Richards looks terribly out of shape.



He's actually projected to have a 13 goal season which is just under his usual average. Dump and chase did work for Artem. He played well in his time with us. The kid was just a streaky player.


Not everyone but this might be the only solid point you make throughout this rant.




My Pyschologist just broke me down again.. just 2 things..
you want to compare compassionate, smart, intelligent hockey coaches like ( Scotty Bowman and Mike Babcock and Barry Trotz ) to Torts?????..

AND?? You forgot to comment on the best part, Penguins games back to back??? NO COMMENT???

iceman9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:12 PM
  #362
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman9999 View Post
My Pyschologist just broke me down again.. just 2 things..
you want to compare compassionate, smart, intelligent hockey coaches like ( Scotty Bowman and Mike Babcock and Barry Trotz ) to Torts?????..

AND?? You forgot to comment on the best part, Penguins games back to back??? NO COMMENT???
Not a psychologist. Just someone who finds some glaring flaws in posts like this.

I was referring to the irrelevant point of Torts NHL experience as a player.

What do the Penguins have to do with anything? They will probably beat us as we are a weak hockey team and they are on a 15 game winning streak. Not exactly hard hitting analysis there.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:25 PM
  #363
iceman9999
Registered User
 
iceman9999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Not a psychologist. Just someone who finds some glaring flaws in posts like this.

I was referring to the irrelevant point of Torts NHL experience as a player.

What do the Penguins have to do with anything? They will probably beat us as we are a weak hockey team and they are on a 15 game winning streak. Not exactly hard hitting analysis there.





Irrelevant Pts & flaws?? if you were referring to irrelevant pts about torts in your post, you would not have mentioned Richards & Artem.. correct>>????

but being you mentioned about Richards & Artem you also forgot to post about home & home with Penguins in your post.. so which is it?? post about torts ONLY flaws or post only some pieces of information you wanted to touch on or post about??


Bottom line, Torts has no experience in the NHL thats why he likes young players because he can boss them around. He is by far no were near in the same caliber as these guys(Scotty Bowman and Mike Babcock and Barry Trotz)... no disrepect to you at all, but it seems you have flaws in your determination of excellent coaches and verbal abuse, out of control coach...

iceman9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:29 PM
  #364
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman9999 View Post
Irrelevant Pts & flaws?? if you were referring to irrelevant pts about torts in your post, you would not have mentioned Richards & Artem.. correct>>????

but being you mentioned about Richards & Artem you also forgot to post about home & home with Penguins in your post.. so which is it?? post about torts ONLY flaws or post only some pieces of information you wanted to touch on or post about??


Bottom line, Torts has no experience in the NHL thats why he likes young players because he can boss them around. He is by far no were near in the same caliber as these guys(Scotty Bowman and Mike Babcock and Barry Trotz)... no disrepect to you at all, but it seems you have flaws in your determination of excellent coaches and verbal abuse, out of control coach...
I mentioned Torts and Artem because YOU mentioned Torts and Artem. I disregarded the Penguins piece because I felt it had even less relevance than others but I responded to it in my previous post because you asked me to.

There are perfectly legitimate gripes against torts and equally strong reasons why axing him from coaching could be beneficial. Saying things like Torts doesn't have experience in the NHL when he is a Stanley Cup winning coach (something Trotz lacks and Babcock has the same amount of Cups) is a tad bit ridiculous.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:34 PM
  #365
iceman9999
Registered User
 
iceman9999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I mentioned Torts and Artem because YOU mentioned Torts and Artem. I disregarded the Penguins piece because I felt it had even less relevance than others but I responded to it in my previous post because you asked me to.

There are perfectly legitimate gripes against torts and equally strong reasons why axing him from coaching could be beneficial. Saying things like Torts doesn't have experience in the NHL when he is a Stanley Cup winning coach (something Trotz lacks and Babcock has the same amount of Cups) is a tad bit ridiculous.




Ok but still think both would be a better fit for the rangers.. cant bring myself to believe that the rangers can win at least one game from the pens this week.. Thats why I am so frustrated....

Torts loses both these games it will be bye bye rangers in the playoffs.. they will deflate.. hopefully he will be gone.. but you never know with Sather whats gonna happen....................

iceman9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:40 PM
  #366
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman9999 View Post
Ok but still think both would be a better fit for the rangers.. cant bring myself to believe that the rangers can win at least one game from the pens this week.. Thats why I am so frustrated....

Torts loses both these games it will be bye bye rangers in the playoffs.. they will deflate.. hopefully he will be gone.. but you never know with Sather whats gonna happen....................
I like Torts. I think he can be a winner but my opinion on him has slowly degraded over the past few weeks. I still think he can win, just not with this team. Coaches like him work but they have shelf lives. Torts may have exhausted that very notion.

The easiest fix to make on this team is a change of either GM or Coach and we all know who will lose that battle. Honestly, whether or not firing Torts is a good idea probably doesn't matter too much either because he'll end up as a casualty of this season.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:00 PM
  #367
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,342
vCash: 500
I'm so sick and tired of all the negative comments in here. They played well last night, you could see a 100% effort from most of them. But we had a to see a puck in our net after 40 secs of play, which messed up the entire gameplan, that's tough...and, they had to beat an excellent goalie.

The Rangers are still very much in the playoff race, no disaster yet. And if they continue like last night, the new lines, Hank back in net, I really believe they will secure a playoff spot. But tomorrow is really a must win

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:02 PM
  #368
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
He's not expected to miss any games.
Hes out for the season.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:37 PM
  #369
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Hes out for the season.
He's out "indefinitely". It's new news since I cited Bylsma's initial comments that Crosby would likely be good to go on Tuesday after dental surgery. Selanne missed only a handful of games with a broken jaw a few years ago. Vanek missed 9 games with a broken jaw. Roenick missed 18 games with a broken jaw. Sid likely will miss 2 weeks, but he should be back for the playoffs at the latest. Anyhow, good news for us. Too bad we still have to handle Malkin, Neal, etc.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:47 PM
  #370
HockeyIsEverything
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
So, if Rangers manage to stumble into the playoff, then what?

HockeyIsEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:51 PM
  #371
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIsEverything View Post
So, if Rangers manage to stumble into the playoff, then what?
Stumble out.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
  #372
iceman9999
Registered User
 
iceman9999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Stumble out.


Maybe, just maybe, if Jets beat Rangers tomorrow, dont be suprised if Sather makes a coaching change with the hopes of lifting the rangers against PENS..

iceman9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:06 PM
  #373
HockeyIsEverything
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Stumble out.
Exactly. Would this season be considered successful if that happened?

I would'nt be happy until I see a team that has a fair chance of making it to the final.

How to get there(next season)?

HockeyIsEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.