HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu sent down to Hamilton (April 18th, 2013)

Old
03-31-2013, 01:41 PM
FranksterQc

vCash: 500
They also had him in the center of the ice to demonstrate the stretching exercices to the rest of the team...

FranksterQc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:41 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
On top of the team trolling Beaulieu, the coaching staff took turns slashing the stick out of his hands when he wasn't looking. It was quite funny, and he was a good sport about it too.
lol I like this team.

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:43 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I think Beaulieu has an outside chance at sticking with the team this season with Diaz's return uncertain.

We can really use the extra offensive instincts for the 2nd PP (keeping Subban on for 2 full minutes just makes sense and I've advocated for that for years). Having him play on the bottom pair doesn't hurt us, and shouldn't hurt us most nights. We can just give Subban more minutes to compensate. I think he could really pick up a lot of the small things from playing with Subban and Markov.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:49 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
I am thinking it is an audition for one of themm in a trade. MB has been talking to some teams and they are wanting to see what Dman they may want coming the other way. Been saying this since the first call up.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
He got over 17min. in ice time so he clearly had MTs confidence.
He is clearly physically unready, and I imagine it will be a while yet before he becomes a bit more poised with the puck under the pressure of NHL forechecking. Will have to become stronger on his feet AND on his stick. You can tell that he can read/see the play almost quickly enough, but that his reactions are simply inexperienced (gets the right play off but doesn't leave himself in good body position, or vice versa, seldom both, but also didn't double-clutch or seem to get caught between decisions). He'll be looking good in a year or so, I'd say. Tinordi is obviously more ready to step in, even if he obviously has the lowest puck skills of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I am thinking it is an audition for one of themm in a trade. MB has been talking to some teams and they are wanting to see what Dman they may want coming the other way. Been saying this since the first call up.
I would say their evaluation of Beaulieu has a direct impact on how much more patience they'll show with Weber. With Kaberle waived, and Diaz under an affordable contract and playing better than his cap hit, Weber is obviously the odd man out as on of the few guys who are left with serious/"legit" aspirations above the AHL level that need to be dealt with (impending RFA).

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:55 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
No, this is due to the injuries and the recent powerplay deficiencies. He also wants to see where they are in their development and how far they are from making the jump to a full time starter in the NHL. Bergevin learned alot from Stan Bowman and Dale Tallon as an assistant GM, scout etc... Did the Blackhawks get where they are now by trading away their best prospects? No. So to all the people who think there is a trade coming and Beaulieu or Tinordi are involved think again they will be major pieces for a cup run in the future.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:00 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Trading either of Beaulieu or Tinordi would be a step backwards unless we are getting back a young established Top-4 defenseman who is going to contribute for the next 4-5+ years. I believe both of these youngsters has it in them to become Top-4 defenders for this hockey club.

Bouillon/Markov are not getting any younger. Emelin IMO is over utilized.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:05 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Trading either of Beaulieu or Tinordi would be a step backwards unless we are getting back a young established Top-4 defenseman who is going to contribute for the next 4-5+ years. I believe both of these youngsters has it in them to become Top-4 defenders for this hockey club.

I see Tinordi as possible trade bait and Markov moving along with him while he has some trade value. Trying to trade Markov next year would be pointless. We will have to wait and see. Rumor is from what I have heard MB is interested in Hartnel and Simmonds out of Philly Dubinsky to come in and play with Prust and Matthias. Some are saying Jagr but I can't see it. Philly needs D so I can see why we are auditioning our kids from the farm.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:10 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
I see Tinordi as possible trade bait and Markov moving along with him while he has some trade value. Trying to trade Markov next year would be pointless. We will have to wait and see. Rumor is from what I have heard MB is interested in Hartnel and Simmonds out of Philly Dubinsky to come in and play with Prust and Matthias. Some are saying Jagr but I can't see it. Philly needs D so I can see why we are auditioning our kids from the farm.
What are all these crazy rumors? If you're expecting for this many moves on trade deadline you are in for a disappointing day. Expect us to get Clowe for a 2nd round pick + mid prospect to fill in for bourque who might not come back this season. Nothing crazy that might set our franchise back 5 years.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:13 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
What are all these crazy rumors? If you're expecting for this many moves on trade deadline you are in for a disappointing day. Expect us to get Clowe for a 2nd round pick + mid prospect to fill in for bourque who might not come back this season. Nothing crazy that might set our franchise back 5 years.
I can't see us making many moves but I do not want clowe here I would like to see Dubinsky come in or Hartnel or Simmonds.. Ok wrong tread but I see these call ups as auditions for othr teams to evaluate who they ay want back in a possible trade.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:14 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
I see Tinordi as possible trade bait and Markov moving along with him while he has some trade value. Trying to trade Markov next year would be pointless. We will have to wait and see. Rumor is from what I have heard MB is interested in Hartnel and Simmonds out of Philly Dubinsky to come in and play with Prust and Matthias. Some are saying Jagr but I can't see it.
Moving Markov at this stage just cause his value is still high doesn't make much sense from the team's perspective at the current time though. It still opens up a pretty large void on the defensive side of the game, especially if we are trading for forwards.

I think this is just the team evaluating their young talent in a real world scenario. You can only do so much evaluating from a CHL and AHL level and at some point you have to see how a prospect handles himself in the bigs. For the first time in ages we've actually had the flexibility to ease in some young players for auditions due to having both Markov and Subban in the line up, the fact that the team is currently winning and has a positive aura just accents this even further.

It's entirely possible too that maybe Bergevin has trade offers on a current roster defenseman and he's just trying to gauge where his prospects stand to see if trading that player is a viable route to shore up another need. I seriously doubt that player is Markov though, but I could be wrong.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:16 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
I can't see us making many moves but I do not want clowe here I would like to see Dubinsky come in or Hartnel or Simmonds.. Ok wrong tread but I see these call ups as auditions for othr teams to evaluate who they ay want back in a possible trade.
These aren't auditions stop kidding yourself MB has often said that he doesn't want to give up players who are going to be key contributors for this team for rentals. And you are naming players who are untouchable in their respective teams.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:18 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
I was at the game yesterday, and holy ****! This guy has no mobility right now. He needs a lot of improvement in that department imo.

Anyone else think he might have been showcased? He played a whole 17:17minutes. As opposed to Tinordi who has a 10min or so average per game.
Whooaaaa! Easy there cowboy! What you saw was not a lack of mobility, more like he looked out of place defensively, especially down low. On a few occasions he looked a little lost down low and the rangers got a scoring opportunity.

It was Beaulieu's first NHL game so we need to give the kid some slack. Tinordi looked a lot better defensively but he does not have the offensive upside of Beaulieu so we need to show a little more patience with Nathan.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:20 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Those trades will never happen, Philly doesn't want to trade players like Simmonds and Hartnell. Dubinsky is also playing an important role in a much improved Columbus team who is fighting for a playoff spot.

Last edited by MonkeyBusiness: 03-31-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old
03-31-2013, 02:23 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Keep sayin' it then - and then come April 4th remember to come back and say how wrong you were.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:24 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Whooaaaa! Easy there cowboy! What you saw was not a lack of mobility, more like he looked out of place defensively, especially down low. On a few occasions he looked a little lost down low and the rangers got a scoring opportunity.

It was Beaulieu's first NHL game so we need to give the kid some slack. Tinordi looked a lot better defensively but he does not have the offensive upside of Beaulieu so we need to show a little more patience with Nathan.
I agree with your comment but he didn't look that bad defensively and his flaws are blown out of proportion. He was pretty good positionally for most of the game in his own end and when got the puck he made nice crisp passes to get it out of the zone. All game he only made 2 mistakes in his own zone.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:28 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

I think that the young Habs dmen are not beig showcased. Management is looking to see what they have down in Hamilton in case they need a callup at some point. With Kaberle sidelined we are down to just Weber as an extra D.

As far as trading one of the kids for an established D... their are always cap considerations. Any established D will cost in excess of 4M per year, with Gorges, Markov and Subban already slotted for big bucks, it would be difficult to pull that off. I think the piece which would most likely move would be Gorges if, for example, we would try to acquire a Bouwmeester type Dman.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:47 PM
elsubz

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...232892&lang=en

lmao

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Teufelsdreck

I doubt that either Beaulieu or Tinordi will go in a deadline trade unless it's for someone exceptional. As a number of posters have speculated. Bergevin is probably looking forward to the playoffs and wants to see if either or both should be brought up.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:28 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I'm not saying beaulieu is letang, but don't his mannerisms on the ice sort of remind you of him?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:59 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
No, this is due to the injuries and the recent powerplay deficiencies. He also wants to see where they are in their development and how far they are from making the jump to a full time starter in the NHL. Bergevin learned alot from Stan Bowman and Dale Tallon as an assistant GM, scout etc... Did the Blackhawks get where they are now by trading away their best prospects? No. So to all the people who think there is a trade coming and Beaulieu or Tinordi are involved think again they will be major pieces for a cup run in the future.
There is ZERO chance of either being traded , unless they are part of a large package where we end with up a solid player under contract for years at a position for need

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:03 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I'm not saying beaulieu is letang, but don't his mannerisms on the ice sort of remind you of him?
skills wise he is better potentially . He is bigger and has a better shot , but right now doesnt have Letang`s vision or hockey sense

he has work to do in his own end , but skills wise only he is as good as any D prospect to enter the league in years .

Old
03-31-2013, 07:06 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
I could see a Tinordi-Dietz Pairing in the future
not bad bro , not bad second pairing

Old
03-31-2013, 07:09 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
The three Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn played well. They are different types of defensemen. Tinordi is a big tough dman who surprise me by being very mobile for his size. He reminds me of Derian Hatcher. Beaulieu on the other hand is speed and very smart moving the puck. He's got size too and can play the powerplay. Beaulieu reminds me of Mathieu Schnider when he first broke into the league. Pateryn on the other hand skates very well and smart moving the puck. His shooting and offensive ability are limited. Pateryn is a positional player and you rarely see him out of position. He's a better skating Josh Gorges in my mind.
agreed the thing is play them to their roles and strengths

Pateryn I think is a 5 which is fine by me , Tinordi a 4 and Nathan a # 3 and maying a two if he improves defensivley

Old
03-31-2013, 10:46 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Did someone notice his Hitler's mustache ? I saw it in the interview after the habs practice at bell center.

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote