HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 01:59 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
What? Clowe won't help us in the playoff?

He prooved in the past that he is clutch in the playoff and he has all the intangible to be succesful. He will be useful in front of the net on the powerplay when d-mans are gonna start pushing our little players away.
He would be okay but takes some of our speed game away.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:02 PM
deandebean

If Savard had Timmins, he would have surpassed Pollock. Gms weren't made to scout at the time. They were named to manage pro assets. That, he was good at. The Leclair trade was his lone big mistake. Chelios wasn't his. Blame Corey.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kade View Post
But he brings a ******** of grit and playoffs experience that will definatly help our team. Its not because we are a fast team that every players needs to be fast. You need good balance.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:07 PM
le_sean

Playoff hockey is about winning board battles, crashing the net, and grinding down your opponent. It's not a fastest skater competition. I'd happily welcome Clowe.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:09 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

TO CALGARY

1st Round Draft Pick (2013)
Nathan Beaulieu
Yannick Weber (roster spot)

TO MONTREAL

Mark Giordano
Laurent Brossoit

Posted that in the Trade Rumours section. Giordano is a great two-way defenseman who is signed to cap friendly contract for years.

Going to war with (for years);

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Giordano
Tinordi - Diaz

would be awesome.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:10 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Playoff hockey is about winning board battles, crashing the net, and grinding down your opponent. It's not a fastest skater competition. I'd happily welcome Clowe.

Exactly it's a war you have to win 16 games to win the cup the more big brawny guys you have the better, look at LA's roster last year. Besides i've watched many san jose games this year Clowe is not that slow, yes he is slower then couture, havlet, marleau but he's not super slow or anything he won't hurt out team due to his skating

Old
03-31-2013, 02:12 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Don't know if it'll be you or Boston, but if you guys get him, you'll love Clowe. Guarantee Lucic won't push anybody around.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:13 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Exactly it's a war you have to win 16 games to win the cup the more big brawny guys you have the better, look at LA's roster last year. Besides i've watched many san jose games this year Clowe is not that slow, yes he is slower then couture, havlet, marleau but he's not super slow or anything he won't hurt out team due to his skating
I am sure our faster skaters will still skate just as fast.

Wouldn't want to give up too much for him. But I think he is worth a shot if the price is right.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:14 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Don't know if it'll be you or Boston, but if you guys get him, you'll love Clowe. Guarantee Lucic won't push anybody around.
Great to hear. I'm definitely interested, but the price just seems so high and we're not really sure where to slot him in.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:17 PM
CoconutHockey

I would take Clowe any day of the week, but I am not a big fan of rental players. There were some rumors that a potential deal would involve a pre-arranged contract extension between Clowe and the Habs. If that'd be the case, Clowe would fill a big need for the playoffs.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:17 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kade View Post
BS. Ryder is slow and he is doing good on a fast team.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:20 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Clowe would be the perfect winger with Eller and Galchenyuk. The two younger guys are fast enough to carry the puck and keep possession while Clowe cleans up the garbage goals in front of the net that they can create.

It would then make a 4th line of Moen Halpern Prust

Ryder Plek Gionta
Pacioretty DDH Gallagher
Clowe Eller Galchenyuk
Moen Halpern Prust
Very solid team right there and if and when Bourque comes back Galchenyuk would be the 13th man in playoffs as some others mentioned in Boston Seguin was actually sitting a lot when the won the cup.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
TO CALGARY

Nathan Beaulieu

TO MONTREAL

Mark Giordano
Laurent Brossoit

Posted that in the Trade Rumours section. Giordano is a great two-way defenseman who is signed to cap friendly contract for years.

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Giordano
Tinordi - Diaz

would be awesome.
I think Beaulieu will end up being a VERY good defenceman. He's currently ranked 24th in the league according to HF, with 8 other defencemen being ahead of him. Obviously that's all just speculation and opinion but even seeing him play last game you can see that he should be a very good player for the Habs. I think you over value Giordano, there's nothing very special about him, that is to say, nothing to give up a 1st and a "blue-chip" prospect for.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:26 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I think Beaulieu will end up being a VERY good defenceman. He's currently ranked 24th in the league according to HF, with 8 other defencemen being ahead of him. Obviously that's all just speculation and opinion but even seeing him play last game you can see that he should be a very good player for the Habs. I think you over value Giordano, there's nothing very special about him, that is to say, nothing to give up a 1st and a "blue-chip" prospect for.
I think a 1st and Leblanc would be better value, to be honest. I started very, very high on the Trade Proposal forum (originally had 2 + 3 + Beaulieu) because those fans are violent.

But I also think we can afford to lose a defensive prospect more than an offensive one.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
TO CALGARY

Nathan Beaulieu

TO MONTREAL

Mark Giordano
Laurent Brossoit

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Giordano
Tinordi - Diaz

would be awesome.
No way I would do that deal. Beaulieu has more long term upside than what Giorado is. Plus we'd be giving up a 1st rounder.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
I think a 1st and Leblanc would be better value, to be honest. I started very, very high on the Trade Proposal forum (originally had 2 + 3 + Beaulieu) because those fans are violent.

But I also think we can afford to lose a defensive prospect more than an offensive one.
We can afford to lose a defensive prospect more than an offensive one but not our best one,

And I get the high high offer not to have the other fans pissed but if you go too high you get us pissed and that's even worse lol

Old
03-31-2013, 02:32 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
No way I would do that deal. Beaulieu has more long term upside than what Giorado is. Plus we'd be giving up a 1st rounder.
I don't believe that at all. Giordano is a great two-way defenseman. Fantastic #3 who can play top pairing minutes (he plays more than every Hab this year except Markov).

I think Giordano is Beaulieu's ceiling (I could be wrong in the future, no doubt). This season not withstanding of course, but Calgary is horrible so it's not all on him.

Giordano is like a mix of Diaz/Gorges/Emelin. He's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
We can afford to lose a defensive prospect more than an offensive one but not our best one,

And I get the high high offer not to have the other fans pissed but if you go too high you get us pissed and that's even worse lol
Weird for me to say this, considering how hard I was on him, but Tinordi is our best defensive prospect, IMO.

And nah, if you guys get pissed, I can just throw out infractions.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:32 PM
Tyson

A 20 y/o kid who played his first NHL game last night is not going to be moved for any one. Beaulieu will ultimately replace Markov.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Draft

Quote:

If you're looking to give up a defensive prospect, in no way should the Habs consider giving up Tinordi OR Beaulieu unless it is part of a big trade. In reality, Beaulieu is more likely going to be the better player. Or at least the more noticeable one. Tinordi fills an organizational need now because of his size but he will not be the next Chara, he might be the next Hal Gill. I get that dealing with prospects and potential is risky business but unless you're getting back something that is undoubtedly better than what you're giving, it's just poor asset management. A guy like Ellis or Nygren who also have great potential are safer to build a trade around.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Wishlist:

Keith Yandle
Scott Hartnell

Old
03-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
I don't believe that at all. Giordano is a great two-way defenseman. Fantastic #3 who can play top pairing minutes (he plays more than every Hab this year except Markov).

Weird for me to say this, considering how hard I was on him, but Tinordi is our best defensive prospect, IMO.

And nah, if you guys get pissed, I can just throw out infractions.
Hahaha well put and I find them very close honestly we need them both Markov is losing his touch and gonna be gone in a few years so we need beaulieu to be the PP guy with PK and tinordi is a guy we need too honestly I see the future as them on our 2nd D pairing I feel they'll be incredible together

Old
03-31-2013, 02:37 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
A 20 y/o kid who played his first NHL game last night is not going to be moved for any one. Beaulieu will ultimately replace Markov.
Mark is that you

Old
03-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Clowe and Prust would make one mean duo, I must admit. Tempting indeed. Maybe Eller would REALLY turn on his thug game with those guys on his wings. lol XD

Old
03-31-2013, 02:40 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Ryder-Plekanec-Gio
Clowe-Eller-Galchenyuk
Armstrong-Prust-Moen

(White)

Solid as hell.

I said it earlier. Halpern is here for a reason. Eller could be used as trade bait for Clowe if Bergevin gets a sign and trade agreement from San Jose. That way, Clowe is not a rental. He is a Hab for 3-4 years.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:41 PM
shutehinside

If we could get Hartnell without giving up too much I'd be as happy as a pig in mud.

Closed Thread