HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks after Frans Nielsen

Old
03-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Jester9881

vCash: 500
How about this? Instead of trading away Neilsen..... we aquire a 2nd line center? Bump Frans and Casey down the depth chart and Reasoner off the team completely?

I think I'd much rather see that happen. No, I KNOW I'd much rather see that happen.

Jester9881 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:54 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I think putting a rookie in the 2nd line center spot, with 0 nhl experience, puts a lot of pressure on that kid.
this....

Nelson looks like a gem but the kid is in his first pro season...I really dont like the idea of throwing him into the fire now....

If BPORT season was over and you told me Nelson would center our third line for the rest of the year I might be ok with it o the kid gets some NHL games....

The truth is we closer to the playoffs than we have been in a long time and the first time in Garths rebuild era...

Aucoin,Reasoner, and Boulton are all place holders for these guys....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit Power View Post
Have you all seen the price of the market right now for rental players? Doug Murray getting two second round picks and he is UFA at the end of the year! Just try to imagine what you have to pay for Nielsen who is under a good contract for the next 4 years?!?!

It's all about what the price people are willing to pay for these players, not what they are actually worth. So if you want Nielsen, you will have to pay what the market demands, and that right now is really high
Murray was traded for 1 2nd so far and it could end up for 2 2nds.

Have you seen what Iginla and Morrow are worth? This doesn't help your case. In the end, we are still talking about a forward that has a whooping 3 goals this season

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:58 PM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
How about this? Instead of trading away Neilsen..... we aquire a 2nd line center? Bump Frans and Casey down the depth chart and Reasoner off the team completely?

I think I'd much rather see that happen. No, I KNOW I'd much rather see that happen.
I agree about bumping Frans down, specifically to the third line as a winger. Frans is one of the few legitimate NHL players on the Isles.

However, I think the second line center will come in the form of either Ryan Strome or Brock Nelson.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:59 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Murray was traded for 1 2nd so far and it could end up for 2 2nds.

Have you seen what Iginla and Morrow are worth? This doesn't help your case. In the end, we are still talking about a forward that has a whooping 3 goals this season

Maybe during the Vis trade talks, Chicago's gm bought up Frans Nielsen. But, Staple is a very credible source and he's saying Frans is not being moved.

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday
Having been asked, I asked a source about Nielsen rumors: "No chance they trade Frans." There you have it. #Isles

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:04 PM
goal1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...rts/703309860/

Doesn't fix faceoff problem nor is he a #2 C

But he would be better fit for 2nd line C and would allow Bolland to fall back to 3rd line/Shaw back to wing

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Nielsen-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Stalberg-Kruger-Frolik
(Carcillo/Mayers)

I can live with that forward group going into playoffs

I think Nielsen has untapped potential offensively and might get chance to finally show it playing with guys like Sharp/Hossa (Possibly Kane instead of Hossa)

BWC - I know you have always liked Nielsen as a player. This is the first year in awhile the Isles have a shot at the playoff's so i don't believe Neilsen or Streit are availabe at this time ( even if we can not resign Streit). It too important for this team to get some playoff experience if possible.

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:10 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Maybe during the Vis trade talks, Chicago's gm bought up Frans Nielsen. But, Staple is a very credible source and he's saying Frans is not being moved.

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday
Having been asked, I asked a source about Nielsen rumors: "No chance they trade Frans." There you have it. #Isles
and the Hawks writer Sassone is very credible too. He doesn't make up something

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:28 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
He doesn't have to be making things up. The press has reported for a while now, that the Hawks were looking for center help. I've already said I think the isles and Hawks were discussing Visnovsky and the Hawks gm bought up Nielsen's name.

Now, in response to fans tweeting him questions about Nielsen to the Hawks rumors, Staple tweets that he's reached out and spoken to someone in the know, he's been told that the isles aren't moving Frans.

1. Streit's a ufa in July. Nielsen's signed for 3 more seasons, on a cheap contract.

2. For the first time since 2007, the isles are in the playoff race, with a real chance to slip in as the #7 or #8 seed.

3.The isles have no one to step in an replace Nielsen on the 2nd line, except for rookies with 0 nhl experience or 3rd/4th liners like Cizikas/Reasoner.

4.While the Hawks can offer some good prospects, Snow's got a very deep prospect pool. Trading a 28 Frans for picks/prospects, makes no sense.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:42 PM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Quote:
There is no doubt the Isles and Hawks had talks about Frans, but I doubt the severity of them.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote