HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2013, 02:42 PM
  #926
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,272
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Sorry, Hawkeye... I'm not paying Beaulieu, a 1st and whatever else for Giordano when Beaulieu has a higher offensive ceiling and isn't that far away. Especially not during the first (half) season that we've looked somewhat competent since winning the conference (and subsequently bombing the following season).

Hockey trades only.. If the Sharks want a forward coming back.. White, Leblanc and a 3rd.. or Leblanc and our 2nd. Nothing more. We can deal with the loss of those players. I'm not throwing away top notch prospects for guys who don't fill a need or won't be filling a need in the not-so-distant future.

Clowe I somewhat understand if he rounds back to form since we don't have bruising forwards in the system. But you have to be damn sure he's gonna turn back on.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:43 PM
  #927
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If we could get Hartnell without giving up too much I'd be as happy as a pig in mud.
Hartnell signed his life away last year !!!!!!

charlie is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:44 PM
  #928
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If we could get Hartnell without giving up too much I'd be as happy as a pig in mud.
If we are to make a big run this spring, I would give up our 1st rounder + Markov + B level prospect for Hartnell + 2nd round pick.

B level prospect: any prospect other than Tinordi, Beaulieu and Collberg.

Leblanc, Hudon, Thrower, Ellis are all available.

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:44 PM
  #929
prairie hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
John Jaeckel a Chicago beat reporter/blogger says Gauthier was yet again in Mtl last night to scout the Rags/Habs game. He claims the Hawks will inquire about Emelin and Eller.

The return?????

prairie hab is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:45 PM
  #930
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,234
vCash: 500
Have thought about the possibility of Galchenyuk being out of the-up if we acquire Clowe and Bourque is back? It could do him some good to take some time off and look at the games from the box.

Bourque - Plek - Gionta
Patch - DD - Ryder
Clowe - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Halpern - Moen - That could the best shutdown line of the Playoffs.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:45 PM
  #931
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Solid as hell.

I said it earlier. Halpern is here for a reason. Eller could be used as trade bait for Clowe if Bergevin gets a sign and trade agreement from San Jose. That way, Clowe is not a rental. He is a Hab for 3-4 years.
I'd really hate to give up on Eller, he's worth a lot more than Clowe at this point in time. I also lied about the lineup, this one looks better.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Clowe-Eller-Galchenyuk
Prust-Halpern-Moen
(Armstrong/White)

Just about forgot about old 'Pern.

Draft is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:45 PM
  #932
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
John Jaeckel a Chicago beat reporter/blogger says Gauthier was yet again in Mtl last night to scout the Rags/Habs game. He claims the Hawks will inquire about Emelin and Eller.

The return?????
For that much? Saad+ please.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:46 PM
  #933
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sorry, Hawkeye... I'm not paying Beaulieu, a 1st and whatever else for Giordano when Beaulieu has a higher offensive ceiling and isn't that far away. Especially not during the first (half) season that we've looked somewhat competent since winning the conference (and subsequently bombing the following season).

Hockey trades only.. If the Sharks want a forward coming back.. White, Leblanc and a 3rd.. or Leblanc and our 2nd. Nothing more. We can deal with the loss of those players. I'm not throwing away top notch prospects for guys who don't fill a need or won't be filling a need in the not-so-distant future.

Clowe I somewhat understand if he rounds back to form since we don't have bruising forwards in the system. But you have to be damn sure he's gonna turn back on.
A second and Ellis, A second and Leblanc... whatever. Anything around a 2nd rounder and a B Prospect is good for the kind of guy we don't have. Clowe instantly neglects the Lucic effect from Boston. We wouldn't have to worry about his antics anymore.

Especially since we have the depth and the assets to make a trade like this, without sacrificing the future of the franchise.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:48 PM
  #934
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
John Jaeckel a Chicago beat reporter/blogger says Gauthier was yet again in Mtl last night to scout the Rags/Habs game. He claims the Hawks will inquire about Emelin and Eller.

The return?????
Would like to see Hjalmarrson+/- for Emelin+/-. Oh, Terravainen seems like he might end up a pretty good player.

Draft is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:48 PM
  #935
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
If we are to make a big run this spring, I would give up our 1st rounder + Markov + B level prospect for Hartnell + 2nd round pick.

B level prospect: any prospect other than Tinordi, Beaulieu and Collberg.

Leblanc, Hudon, Thrower, Ellis are all available.
I would not do that since IF we're gonna make a run, we NEED Markov. Also 1st round picks in THIS draft...you cannot give those away under any circumstance (or at least not for Hartnell). Markov + 1st would already be overpayment. Hartnell is awesome, yes, but we have a team concept and Markov is being strangely undervalued here lately. And again, we need that pick (low 20s? Hopefully 30th).

habtastic is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:49 PM
  #936
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
A second and Ellis, A second and Leblanc... whatever. Anything around a 2nd rounder and a B Prospect is good for the kind of guy we don't have. Clowe instantly neglects the Lucic effect from Boston. We wouldn't have to worry about his antics anymore.

Especially since we have the depth and the assets to make a trade like this, without sacrificing the future of the franchise.
Leblanc is not a B prospect. I fully promote the Ellis + 2nd though.

Draft is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:50 PM
  #937
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
John Jaeckel a Chicago beat reporter/blogger says Gauthier was yet again in Mtl last night to scout the Rags/Habs game. He claims the Hawks will inquire about Emelin and Eller.

The return?????
What I read was patches diaz Emelin and Eller.... For leddy and a top hawk forward...??? Idk about you guys but this doesn't make much sense to me

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:51 PM
  #938
Habanero514
Registered User
 
Habanero514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
How much to get Jack Johnson ?

Habanero514 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
  #939
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I would not do that since IF we're gonna make a run, we NEED Markov. Also 1st round picks in THIS draft...you cannot give those away under any circumstance (or at least not for Hartnell). Markov + 1st would already be overpayment. Hartnell is awesome, yes, but we have a team concept and Markov is being strangely undervalued here lately. And again, we need that pick (low 20s? Hopefully 30th).
Markov's playing has been regressing for the best few years. He stacks up points on the powerplay I give it to you. But, he is starting to be slow and turns out to be a liability in the back end.

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
  #940
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Leblanc is not a B prospect. I fully promote the Ellis + 2nd though.
Let's get real. Leblanc IS a B prospect. He's been absolutely pathetic in Hamilton this season. He's become as soft as Ben Maxwell was.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
  #941
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
John Jaeckel a Chicago beat reporter/blogger says Gauthier was yet again in Mtl last night to scout the Rags/Habs game. He claims the Hawks will inquire about Emelin and Eller.

The return?????
Kane

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
  #942
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
What I read was patches diaz Emelin and Eller.... For leddy and a top hawk forward...??? Idk about you guys but this doesn't make much sense to me
Let's hope it's Toews.

Draft is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:54 PM
  #943
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero514 View Post
How much to get Jack Johnson ?
No thank you.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:54 PM
  #944
Habanero514
Registered User
 
Habanero514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Let's hope it's Toews.
+1

It would be lovely!

Habanero514 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:55 PM
  #945
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Kane
Sharp and Hossa.

Madam Kadri is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:55 PM
  #946
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Let's hope it's Toews.
Lol I doubt it haha I was thinking maybe Saad but idk kinda massive overpayment for me

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:57 PM
  #947
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Let's get real. Leblanc IS a B prospect. He's been absolutely pathetic in Hamilton this season. He's become as soft as Ben Maxwell was.
Yeesh, that Ben Maxwell comparison frightens me. But really, the entire team has been horrible. He's had a terrible time with Lefebvre running the show, or so I've heard. I think he'll still end up as a fringe 2nd liner.

Draft is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:57 PM
  #948
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Sharp and Hossa.
No we need Kane since Tavares will need a winger when we trade our 1st, Kaberle, Lablanc for Dipietro (Isle salary dump) and Tavares.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:58 PM
  #949
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
For that much? Saad+ please.
Saad? I like him, but I'm not even sure I'd give up Eller for him.

Eller + Emelin would cost Saad/Hjalmarsson OR Leddy/Sharp (we add a pick or something) for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sorry, Hawkeye... I'm not paying Beaulieu, a 1st and whatever else for Giordano when Beaulieu has a higher offensive ceiling and isn't that far away. Especially not during the first (half) season that we've looked somewhat competent since winning the conference (and subsequently bombing the following season).
I thought you would be the biggest Giordano fan here. Seems like your type of player.

I think just think Giordano is the perfect compliment to Subban. Signed long-term at $4M.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:58 PM
  #950
gillings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
A good BIO on clowe..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2561

He's shown a few things in his career..

Consistintly put up point throughout his whole career, and prone to injury.

gillings is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.