HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nazem Kadri Discussion #2 - 21st. in NHL Scoring, (77 point pace) Mod Warning #402

Old
03-31-2013, 11:54 AM
sexytime

vCash: 500
I'm conflicted with Kadri. I love him because he's Lebanese, but hate the leafs.

sexytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:55 AM
TorMapleJays

want a jersey?

bandwagon only makes one more stop before the play offs

TorMapleJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:56 AM
RASHBEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Nothing makes me happier than being totally wrong about Kadri. I'm honestly stunned that he's been consistently producing with only the odd bad game. I doubted the Leafs ability to ever develop a top offensive player and I seriously doubted that player would ever be Kadri. Tonight finally did it for me, I'm now officially a fan of the kid. The way he's stepping up as we drive towards the playoffs is impressive, and I'm also a bit surprised with the number of goals he's managing to put in. He was always supposedly a playmaker, and he is, but the kid is finishing more than he did earlier in his career. His performance tonight combined with the way he gave proper respect to McLaren and Orr for the job they do and the mafia kiss from the Don was enough to finally allow all the hate to dissipate completely. Kadri is playing awesome, and if he could ever win a damn faceoff he'd be our number one center.

RASHBEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:51 PM
mozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidKadri View Post
I agree with the above poster.

Everything happens for a reason. I think Kadri learned a lesson the hard way. There is no doubt in my mind he was NHL worthy 3 years ago. Indeed, he proved that in the Leafs pre-season. However, going through the adversity made him play every moment on the ice with more intensity, hunger, motivation etc. I don't know if the Leafs would have made the playoffs before, but I guarantee that he would have been a PPG player 2-3 years ago. He's playing better now though and God is merciful.
umm no, lol. Let's be reasonable here.

mozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Rielly Good

Excited to watch Kadri In the playoffs. He has raised his game on every team he's been on. Kitchener, London, marlies and hopefully now Leafs!

Rielly Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Rielly Good

Kadri needed every year he had down with the marlies. Eakins taught him a lot. We are watching a mature adult play all ends of the ice. He understands now not to deke in the neutral zone with a toe drag. His mindset has changed drastically since being drafted. We handled Kadri perfect!

Rielly Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:54 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytime View Post
I'm conflicted with Kadri. I love him because he's Lebanese, but hate the leafs.
And I thought he was born in London.

When did he immigrate to Canada?

Hopefully he pursues citizenship so that he can stay here and raise a good Canadian family.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Babs - short for Barbara
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:59 PM
CanadianLov3

The other thing I love about Kadri is how smart he is when it comes to positioning on ice, he's always at the right spot.

CanadianLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Leafswillrulesometim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLov3 View Post
The other thing I love about Kadri is how smart he is when it comes to positioning on ice, he's always at the right spot.
Yup

I think it's the reason he builds chemistry with all the wingers so easily...

Leafswillrulesometim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Atomos2
WE ARE ABLE 340

vCash: 543
Quote:
Nothing makes me happier than being totally wrong about Kadri. I'm honestly stunned that he's been consistently producing with only the odd bad game. I doubted the Leafs ability to ever develop a top offensive player and I seriously doubted that player would ever be Kadri. Tonight finally did it for me, I'm now officially a fan of the kid. The way he's stepping up as we drive towards the playoffs is impressive, and I'm also a bit surprised with the number of goals he's managing to put in. He was always supposedly a playmaker, and he is, but the kid is finishing more than he did earlier in his career. His performance tonight combined with the way he gave proper respect to McLaren and Orr for the job they do and the mafia kiss from the Don was enough to finally allow all the hate to dissipate completely. Kadri is playing awesome, and if he could ever win a damn faceoff he'd be our number one center.
I gotta respect you for this. Class act.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:14 PM
WhatASaveDave

Brayden Schenn 40 points in 96 career nhl games. Kadri 39 points in 36 games this season LOOOOOOL

WhatASaveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Lahey

vCash: 1297
I can believe hes playing so well, wow

Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Lahey

vCash: 1297

Feel it SENS FANS

Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:27 PM
Superstar

Quote:
You're the man!

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Paradoc
Mitch Marner :)

vCash: 80
What something most people forget to mention is that Kadri is NE division killer. He is #7in Dv points, which I think is very important, considering our division is pretty tough this year.

Paradoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidKadri View Post
I agree with the above poster.

Everything happens for a reason. I think Kadri learned a lesson the hard way. There is no doubt in my mind he was NHL worthy 3 years ago. Indeed, he proved that in the Leafs pre-season. However, going through the adversity made him play every moment on the ice with more intensity, hunger, motivation etc. I don't know if the Leafs would have made the playoffs before, but I guarantee that he would have been a PPG player 2-3 years ago. He's playing better now though and God is merciful.
I do not think he was ready mentally and physically 2-3 years ago, and possibly his growth curve would have been stunted like Nugent-Hopkins, who has been clearly rushed by the Oilers leading to all his recent injuries.

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:46 PM
kesleaf

kesleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:16 PM
SidKadri*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
And I thought he was born in London.

When did he immigrate to Canada?

Hopefully he pursues citizenship so that he can stay here and raise a good Canadian family.
lol he was born in London, Ont though his family is originally from Lebanon. His dad dreamed about being a hockey player, so he moved to Canada to pursue that dream; however, realized how expensive hockey is he saved every last penny he had to ensure his son would become a hockey player...and it's paying off about now haha

SidKadri* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:27 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Well just look at him!

Lose some weight chubby!

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:44 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
On the other hand, Kadri is now getting the easier PP time because he isn't going out first? Anyways, they seem to be getting about equal time on the PP now. On the season Kessel is 3:22 per game, Kadri 2:11. But have to remember Kadri didn't even play on the PP for the longest time which is really bringing down that number of his.

And was it a figment of my imagination, or was Kadri on the PK last night too? I swear I saw #43 clear the puck from the zone one time when we were killing a penalty.
Was at the end of the PK, he was out there because I think Kule was coming out of the box.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Darcy Tucker

my favorite part about his game is that every so often he will just demolish someone with a nice clean check. it'd be nice to see more of that from our offensive players.

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Kadri43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshaw View Post
lmao "suck it haters" "where are the haters now". you guys sound like you're 5 years old, who caaaares, we get it you stuck by him so did most leaf fans..
"Most Leafs fans" did not stick by him. I got made fun of a few times for having my name Kadri43 as well. I like to point out that I was not an idiot saying we should trade him for picks like many other posters on here.

Kadri43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 05:43 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri43 View Post
"Most Leafs fans" did not stick by him. I got made fun of a few times for having my name Kadri43 as well. I like to point out that I was not an idiot saying we should trade him for picks like many other posters on here.

I think most wanted him to earn it while a few wanted him to be granted it and others wanted him to fail.

All he ever deserved was to be treated like every other prospect.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
Was at the end of the PK, he was out there because I think Kule was coming out of the box.
Nah, I saw him clear it at the like 50 second mark and he went back to the bench before the penalty was over. And I think after his penalty Kulemin went straight to the bench. Someone else (mikebel I think it was) said I definitely wasn't imagining it If Kadri becomes a good PKer too....damn. He may be able to become the next Kovalchuk (in terms of playing in all situations and 25 minutes a night).

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 05:59 PM
Sundinisagod
93 v2.0

respek

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote