HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2013, 03:59 PM
  #951
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Yeesh, that Ben Maxwell comparison frightens me. But really, the entire team has been horrible. He's had a terrible time with Lefebvre running the show, or so I've heard. I think he'll still end up as a fringe 2nd liner.
Look at Gallagher, he wasn't looking that great down in Hamilton but looks awesome in the NHL.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:01 PM
  #952
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,981
vCash: 500
I think Leblanc is far from untouchable, the problem is his value is at an all time low right now. Pretty much every returning forward on the Bulldogs has only gotten worse under Lefebvre, Palushaj was lucky enough to get out while it looks like Avtsin and Nattinen's NHL potential is over (not that they weren't long shots to begin with). I don't think Leblanc's value can get much lower unless he legitimately does Lebust, which I'm not ready to declare after a few months of Lefebvrepuck.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:02 PM
  #953
Habanero514
Registered User
 
Habanero514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Would you bring back Cammy now since the ghost and company are gone ?

Habanero514 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:02 PM
  #954
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Yeesh, that Ben Maxwell comparison frightens me. But really, the entire team has been horrible. He's had a terrible time with Lefebvre running the show, or so I've heard. I think he'll still end up as a fringe 2nd liner.
I disagree with myself. He will be a 3rd liner and I consent to him being a B prospect THIS YEAR. He still has the potential to get his mojo back.

Draft is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:03 PM
  #955
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Saad? I like him, but I'm not even sure I'd give up Eller for him.

Eller + Emelin would cost Saad/Hjalmarsson OR Leddy/Sharp (we add a pick or something) for me.


I thought you would be the biggest Giordano fan here. Seems like your type of player.

I think just think Giordano is the perfect compliment to Subban. Signed long-term at $4M.
He is actually but our need on D is a top pairing guy to join the top 3 of PK beaulieu and tinordi we can't give one up cause then we gotta find a replacement

And yeah I think the Chicago thing is bull no real point cause their big 2 is untouchable, hossas too old and no one other guy is worth that

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:03 PM
  #956
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,382
vCash: 500
Everyone is going over the top for an unproven youngster playing with one of the best playmakers in the game. Saad seems good and all but he is on the best team in the leagues top line.

Eller for Saad? This trade would show how much Gauthier sees in Eller or how little they see in Saad. Would be big time risky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero514 View Post
Would you bring back Cammy now since the ghost and company are gone ?
No Ryder filled his role, no need to watch cammy float all game.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
  #957
overlords
youmyboyblou!
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Planet Squanch
Posts: 26,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Everyone is going over the top for an unproven youngster playing with one of the best playmakers in the game. Saad seems good and all but he is on the best team in the leagues top line.

Eller for Saad? This trade would show how much Gauthier sees in Eller or how little they see in Saad. Would be big time risky.
Would really be need for need. But as you say, risky. Trades like that really open one side up to looking stupid a few years down the line.

overlords is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:07 PM
  #958
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,981
vCash: 500
I like Saad from what I see but everything is going right for the Blackhawks this year, Bergevin would have to really be sure he isn't another Kreider case. I don't understand the obsession with trading Eller even if he's been mediocre for the past few games.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:07 PM
  #959
Habanero514
Registered User
 
Habanero514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Everyone is going over the top for an unproven youngster playing with one of the best playmakers in the game. Saad seems good and all but he is on the best team in the leagues top line.

Eller for Saad? This trade would show how much Gauthier sees in Eller or how little they see in Saad. Would be big time risky.



No Ryder filled his role, no need to watch cammy float all game.
I miss Cammy!

Habanero514 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:08 PM
  #960
teh doors
ice hockey fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero514 View Post
Would you bring back Cammy now since the ghost and company are gone ?
No, even though he's putting up numbers. Trading him was a good move, the procedure of it was just poorly done. The reason to trade him was the top six was so small, and unlike Cammy, Plekanec and Gionta can both skate, play with energy, and play defence. When Cammalleri didn't earn the C, his play and attitude really weren't where they should have been. Now, with Desharnais and Gallagher in the top six, bringing in Cammalleri wouldn't make sense.

Oh, and pretty sure the player Bergevin is interested in from Chicago is Hjalmarsson but I hope Eller is not moved there for him.

teh doors is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:10 PM
  #961
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,559
vCash: 500

Gauthier hanging around reminds me of this guy.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:12 PM
  #962
Habanero514
Registered User
 
Habanero514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors View Post
No, even though he's putting up numbers. Trading him was a good move, the procedure of it was just poorly done. The reason to trade him was the top six was so small, and unlike Cammy, Plekanec and Gionta can both skate, play with energy, and play defence. When Cammalleri didn't earn the C, his play and attitude really weren't where they should have been. Now, with Desharnais and Gallagher in the top six, bringing in Cammalleri wouldn't make sense.

Oh, and pretty sure the player Bergevin is interested in from Chicago is Hjalmarsson but I hope Eller is not moved there for him.
Oh, that could be good!

Habanero514 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:12 PM
  #963
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 11,440
vCash: 500
Cammalleri would put another player into the queue ahead of Eller and Galchenyuk on the PP. Right now, we need Gionta and DDelicious injured before they ever see time on there again....

SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:13 PM
  #964
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 11,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

Gauthier hanging around reminds me of this guy.
Yes, he's bitter about the franchise that he used to know and wants to burn the Bell Centre down.

SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:13 PM
  #965
ericd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Three-second-round picks in 2013 for the Montreal Canadiens

http://www.prosportstransactions.com.../Canadiens.htm

ericd is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:13 PM
  #966
Natey
#feelthelove
 
Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I think Leblanc is far from untouchable, the problem is his value is at an all time low right now. Pretty much every returning forward on the Bulldogs has only gotten worse under Lefebvre, Palushaj was lucky enough to get out while it looks like Avtsin and Nattinen's NHL potential is over (not that they weren't long shots to begin with). I don't think Leblanc's value can get much lower unless he legitimately does Lebust, which I'm not ready to declare after a few months of Lefebvrepuck.
Any chance we can get rid of him and bring back Boucher?

I've only watched a handful of Dogs' games this year, but they are a ****ing mess.

Natey is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:14 PM
  #967
SirClintonPortis
ProudCapitalsTraitor
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 11,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Any chance we can get rid of him and bring back Boucher?
Boucher's facial expressions alone would terrify the refs.

SirClintonPortis is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:15 PM
  #968
Natey
#feelthelove
 
Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

Gauthier hanging around reminds me of this guy.
As much as we hate Gauthier.. a lot of this team is the team he built. He just couldn't put the pieces together, hence whey he's not here anymore.

Natey is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:16 PM
  #969
Habanero514
Registered User
 
Habanero514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 236
vCash: 500
How about Mark Streit and/or Brad Boyes ?

Habanero514 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:17 PM
  #970
Natey
#feelthelove
 
Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
He is actually but our need on D is a top pairing guy to join the top 3 of PK beaulieu and tinordi we can't give one up cause then we gotta find a replacement

And yeah I think the Chicago thing is bull no real point cause their big 2 is untouchable, hossas too old and no one other guy is worth that
Well Giordano would be that replacement. And Diaz is going to be a solid Top-4 guy too if he can get healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero514 View Post
How about Mark Streit and/or Brad Boyes ?
Streit is definitely a good option for defense.

I like Boyes, but I'm only interested in a physical winger who can play 3rd/4th line minutes. With Bourque healthy, we are too deep right now.

Natey is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:20 PM
  #971
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Well Giordano would be that replacement. And Diaz is going to be a solid Top-4 guy too if he can get healthy.


Streit is definitely a good option for defense.

I like Boyes, but I'm only interested in a physical winger who can play 3rd/4th line minutes. With Bourque healthy, we are too deep right now.
You would prefer Diaz over beaulieu? If we trade either for me it's Diaz

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:20 PM
  #972
teh doors
ice hockey fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero514 View Post
How about Mark Streit and/or Brad Boyes ?
Hmm... Streit would be great but NYI is pushing for a playoff spot and trying to resign him. Boyes, the team have a better version of a sniper riding shotgun in the top six, Ryder

teh doors is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:23 PM
  #973
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,604
vCash: 50
After reading threads in the Trade Rumors and Free Agent talk... I'd rather not have any trades this deadline. It's a seller's market. I don't mind going to war with what we have. At least it will give playoff experience to Beaulieu and Tonordi. And up top, we're fine.

FF de Mars is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:23 PM
  #974
WarrenBuffett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
With everyone so interested in Eller, I could see us flipping him for some interesting like Hjalmarsson + a decent draft pick.

It is very possible one or two GMs out there would overpay for Eller.

WarrenBuffett is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:23 PM
  #975
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,981
vCash: 500
Streit is having a rough year defensively. He's been outplayed by Visnovsky and is mostly just a power play specialist at this point. I love Streit but I'm not sure he's what we need.

Same with Boyes, I like him too but he's pretty one dimensional. He's the poor man's Ryder.

If there's any Islander worth targetting (besides Martin) it's a redemption project like Okposo or Nino. Bailey would be fantastic but he's been playing well lately and is probably unavailable.

Et le But is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.