HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

All Trade Deadline Talk

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 01:24 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I have a hunch we'll see a changing in dynamics with the aggregated draft this coming offseason. Instead of having to wait overnight to get 'your guy' he may be available at 31-33 for you to trade down to without risk someone does their homework overnight and finds out who you want.

Just a hunch, but otherwise I agree with your post. Two 2nds got the Sens Puempel in the late 1st, the 2nds got Detroit Jurco and Ouellet. Guess who won that?
Some of the pundits are saying teams really want to hang on to their first rounders these days since all the good young players get tied up to long contracts. So it's more valuable than ever to draft your own talent. If anything, I think moving up might be more expensive now than in the past.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:30 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Call me crazy but I'd keep ROB, unless you get like 2nd for him. We've all seen how good he can be but for sone reason hes gotten away from his game this year. I say keep him for next season to see ifhe ccan rebound.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Call me crazy but I'd keep ROB, unless you get like 2nd for him. We've all seen how good he can be but for sone reason hes gotten away from his game this year. I say keep him for next season to see ifhe ccan rebound.
Point is, we need to upgrade our defense and O'Byrne sucks. Hunwick and others still have at least one more year in contract, so O'Byrne is first guy out. Trade him and get max. His value is probably 3rd rounder at this point, which I would be more than satisfied with, because he will be gone in summer for nothing otherwise.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:48 PM
avsfan89

it would be AMAZING if we pulled a burke and shipped off ROB to a team for a great prospect like burke shipped beauchemin to anaheim for jake gardiner

one can dream

Old
03-31-2013, 02:16 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Theres also the risk of ROB staying the same, playing 18-20 minutes a night costing us games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
it would be AMAZING if we pulled a burke and shipped off ROB to a team for a great prospect like burke shipped beauchemin to anaheim for jake gardiner

one can dream
Beauchemin is a better defenseman than ROB could be in his dreams.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:47 PM
Avsboy

Quote:
I live in Montreal and watched him on the habs. Trade him.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:58 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
There is no room. Too much garbage under contract, too many prospects trying to crack the roster.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
There is no room. Too much garbage under contract, too many prospects trying to crack the roster.
Exactly.
If we keep him here we might have another year with 4 pylons+Hunwick on the roster.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

I agree with needing a change and getting rid of the dead weight but if ROB is willling to sign a cap friendly contract I say sign him and trade of the others Zannon,Hunny,SOB.

xxx-EJ
Hejda-Barrie
Wilson-ROB

Either sign a player for EJ or trade Stastny for one. I'm thinking Josi, Smid(who might have an extension already, Scuderi?

Old
03-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Spot on. Barrie could replace O'Byrne anyday and he would be better. Elliott is coming soon as well. We need to upgrade this defense, get rid of O'Byrne!

Old
03-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Hans Landaskog

O'Byrne was never good, just sometimes he wasn't as bad.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

LeBrun was on radio and mentioned O'Byrne and O'Brien as possible Avs player that could move at deadline.

He also completely blasted Avs and called it a gong show and said that they need to clean house, indicating that Lacroix needs to go. Link to mp3. He talks about Avs 54.40 in.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
O'Byrne was never good, just sometimes he wasn't as bad.
He did pretty damn well in the role he was given in 11/12, so no I wouldn't agree with this at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
LeBrun was on radio and mentioned O'Byrne and O'Brien as possible Avs player that could move at deadline.

He also completely blasted Avs and called it a gong show and said that they need to clean house, indicating that Lacroix needs to go. Link to mp3. He talks about Avs 54.40 in.
I really like LeBrun and I completely agree with him on this one, but PL will stay in Denver for as long as he likes.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Worst idea ever.

Quote:

Nice. It's what the fans have been saying for years.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:03 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I really like LeBrun and I completely agree with him on this one, but PL will stay in Denver for as long as he likes.
Lebrun is only behind Mckienze IMO.

I think he was talking about Kroenke. He said (Lebrun) that they need to start caring about their team again and not just dollars and cents. He also said that he had to hold back.

The avs have become a mockery but don't worry some 18yr old will save this team.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:12 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Lebrun is only behind Mckienze IMO.

I think he was talking about Kroenke. He said (Lebrun) that they need to start caring about their team again and not just dollars and cents. He also said that he had to hold back.

The avs have become a mockery but don't worry some 18yr old will save this team.
He was talking about Lacroix. You don't clean out owners.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
I thought #90 was supposed to save the team?

My expectation for the deadline is that the Avs will be very quiet. Nothing major, nothing minor even.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
He was talking about Lacroix. You don't clean out owners.
He never actually used the term clean house but said they need to bring change starting from the top. Why, would PL care about dollars and cents he's not paying the bills? IMO he was talking about Kroenke.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
I thought #90 was supposed to save the team?

My expectation for the deadline is that the Avs will be very quiet. Nothing major, nothing minor even.
Who was expecting that?

This team needs more than one players, this team needs a culture change.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
He never actually used the term clean house but said they need to bring change starting from the top. Why, would PL care about dollars and cents he's not paying the bills? IMO he was talking about Kroenke.
So LeBrun suggest that Kroenke realize he is a poor owner and decide to sell the team?

It makes zero sense. He's talking about Lacroix.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:53 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
So LeBrun suggest that Kroenke realize he is a poor owner and decide to sell the team?

It makes zero sense. He's talking about Lacroix.
I think he's calling out ownership to invest money in the team and stop looking at it in a dollar and cents point of view.

Old
03-31-2013, 05:15 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I just really hope the Avs actually sell, they need to show some sign that they realize that what is happening will not be good for the long run.

Old
03-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
I think he's calling out ownership to invest money in the team and stop looking at it in a dollar and cents point of view.
No doubt owners are the ones that have the final word on organizational philosophies but he called out management.

It does seem the owners generally have a very hands off philosophy when it comes to Avs, letting PL run the show because of the goodwill he build with Stan Kroenke during the championship era.

I don't think the owners are the problem with the Avs. The team probably isn't expected to spend to the cap until they are more ready to contend, but that's not a problem. There hasn't really been many affordable UFAs lately. Parenteau was money well spent and Avs offered Suter/Parise contracts. I think when the time is right, the money will be there.

I think the problem is an antiquated style of management, as evidenced by the O'Reilly fiasco. A complete lack of flexibility almost led to us trading one of the best players Avs developed in the last decade.

Anyway, all this is OT and probably belongs in one of the other threads where we complain about Lacroix/Kroenke, so I'll end there.

I was surprised that LeBrun had heard a lot about O'Brien being available. It does seem like Avs are trying to move a defender at least.

Old
03-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Aren't the Avs still making a profit? No reason for Kroenke to sell if he's making money while not coming close to selling out games.

Old
03-31-2013, 05:32 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Aren't the Avs still making a profit? No reason for Kroenke to sell if he's making money while not coming close to selling out games.
The team in itself makes a profit. Add that Kroenke owns the arena and there are probably revenue that's related to the arena and not the hockey team during hockey events and I don't think money is an issue.

I think the insular/nepotistic character of Avs is the problem. They do things their way and have very seemingly very little interest in what happens in the rest of the league. The idea that they might be grooming Laxcoix Jr for a prominent role makes me cringe.

Much like Murray/King in Calgary, Katz/Lowe in Edmonton, Leonsis/McPhee in Washington and Dolan/Sather in New York, I don't think it's healthy when owner and president/GM are too close.

Damn, I went OT again. Sorry.

Closed Thread