HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slightly OT/ Oddest Jerseys

Old
08-13-2006, 09:55 AM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickice View Post
not an 'odd' jersey as such, but I own Petr Prucha's road game worn pre-season jersey from last season, the one he scored his first Ranger goal in I think? It has the number 58 on it, rather than his now regular Rangers number, so I guess that makes it a bit unusual and almost unique (My avatar pic is the very jersey I own).

The tale of how I got it goes like this, and it shows how Prooch caught a lot of people by surprise last season.

Meigray sell Rangers game worn jerseys, and last season, the pre-season jerseys where being used in the first few weeks of the regular season as well. So not as many jerseys where available. But cos Prooch wanted a different number when he made the team, they had his 2 pre-season jerseys to sell. And I snapped one up at a time there was not much call for them. They where on Meigrays website for a while with no buyer! I got it at a reasonable price for a game worn - basically cost me not much more than if I'd bought a pro jesey and got it professionally crested with name and numbers.

It wasn't till later in the season, that Meigray realised how big a star Prooch was gonna be that season, and upped the prices of the jerseys. So noway could I have ever afforded one, so I count meself lucky to snag his pre-season jersey when I did!

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 10:10 PM
bk3nj

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
While primarily a gimmick to sell more jerseys, has there been any word if the road/home jersey flip-flop is here to stay.

By all accounts, I think it's staying the same this year but I'm not a fan.

Does anyone know definatively if this dark/home, light/road is facet of Bettman's new NHL?
I believe I read somewhere that the road whites (home whites sounds so much better) was a change put in place to help the equipment manager of the away team - that way the team only has to travel with one set of jerseys, rather than bringing third jerseys too..

bk3nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:44 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk3nj View Post
I believe I read somewhere that the road whites (home whites sounds so much better) was a change put in place to help the equipment manager of the away team - that way the team only has to travel with one set of jerseys, rather than bringing third jerseys too..

That would make alot of sense. That way you'll never run into the problem of having similar jersey colors.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 06:18 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickice View Post
not an 'odd' jersey as such, but I own Petr Prucha's road game worn pre-season jersey from last season, the one he scored his first Ranger goal in I think? It has the number 58 on it, rather than his now regular Rangers number, so I guess that makes it a bit unusual and almost unique (My avatar pic is the very jersey I own).

The tale of how I got it goes like this, and it shows how Prooch caught a lot of people by surprise last season.

Meigray sell Rangers game worn jerseys, and last season, the pre-season jerseys where being used in the first few weeks of the regular season as well. So not as many jerseys where available. But cos Prooch wanted a different number when he made the team, they had his 2 pre-season jerseys to sell. And I snapped one up at a time there was not much call for them. They where on Meigrays website for a while with no buyer! I got it at a reasonable price for a game worn - basically cost me not much more than if I'd bought a pro jesey and got it professionally crested with name and numbers.

It wasn't till later in the season, that Meigray realised how big a star Prooch was gonna be that season, and upped the prices of the jerseys. So noway could I have ever afforded one, so I count meself lucky to snag his pre-season jersey when I did!

Thats cool man, again to show how little most people payed attention to Prucha early on in the season. I had no idea he even wore #58. Nice find

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 01:14 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
I have a Red Wings sweater. Two. Ew.

I respect the legacy, not the team!

But I find it hard to hate the Red Wings anymore with the salary cap in place.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote