HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yandle as per TFP

Old
03-31-2013, 02:23 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

vCash: 500
I'd do Peverley + a 1st for Yandle from the Bruins perspective.

UConn126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
It might take more than that to be honest. Maloney is going to ask for a ton

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:25 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Yes.

Stepan is playing the 1C role for the Rangers right now and is fitting in admirably. He plays in every situation and produces points. He's got 25 points in 34 games and is coming off a 51 point season. He's still very young at 22.

I think Couturier is going to be a solid 2C, in the mold of a Travis Zajac. Good player, but I think Stepan is objectively the superior player at this moment. Couturier is young and has potential, but let's face it - his offensive upside really isn't anything special. 8 points in 30 games this season. He's a smart player with decent hands, but whenever I've watched him, he's either invisible or he's making dumb decisions with the puck (in the offensive zone, definitely not in the defensive zone). Not to say he doesn't have decent offensive upside (45-50 points), but I don't really see anything more than that.

The main thing, though, is that Stepan is worth a LOT more to the Rangers than Coots is to the Flyers, IMO. The Flyers have center depth. The Rangers, at the moment, don't. They can't move Stepan in a trade without a center coming back. The Flyers could easily move a center for a defenseman.
Clearly Couturier is garbage offensively, his numbers in juniors and his numbers in the AHL this season (on one of the lowest scoring teams in the AHL I might add) prove this. Kid has no offensive instincts whatsoever.

But Stepan... he is truly something special. He performs when you stick him in between Hagelin and RICK NASH. Imagine that.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:26 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Clearly Couturier is garbage offensively, his numbers in juniors and his numbers in the AHL this season (on one of the lowest scoring teams in the AHL I might add) prove this. Kid has no offensive instincts whatsoever.

But Stepan... he is truly something special. He performs when you stick him in between Hagelin and RICK NASH. Imagine that.

Yeah, I said that.

He doesn't impress me offensively. He's not terrible offensively, he's average, IMO. Stepan has played 9 games with Hagelin and Nash. He's been good on every line this season. Not saying Stepan is going to be a superstar, I think he has 65-70 point upside.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:38 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Stewart + Cole for Yandle.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:41 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
You mean as a starting point? It's going to take a lot more than that...

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:41 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
it was speculated at the draft the oilers MAY HAVE offered Gagner, MPS and a second rounder for Yandle it was turn down

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:42 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Few teams could compete with an offer like that. The problem with yandle is that he would be asking for the moon if you gave up that much for him. He could easily demand a dougty like contract because if you gave up that much to see him walk away as a free agent you as GM would be fired on the spot.
I'd want a little something back with a package like that, no doubt.

And Yandle is signed for 3-more years, I think.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Khokhlachev will also have to be included in this deal to get Yandle. Basically two 1sts (Khoklachev's prospect value has risen considerably since his draft) and Peverley for Yandle.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:43 PM
zaYG
Nerevarine

I wanted Krejci for Yandle more but I think Krejci is worth more now.

How about Khokhlachyov + 1st for Yandle?

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Phoenix has no need to trade Yandle, who is on an affordable contract and produces at an above-average level.

I haven't a clue why you believe the Coyotes should have moved their #2 defenseman in exchange for a second-line forward and an unproven, bottom-six forward.
Those are the same questions I'm asking and yet Yandle appears to be on the block. Whatever the case he'll fetch a very good return.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:02 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaYG View Post
I wanted Krejci for Yandle more but I think Krejci is worth more now.

How about Khokhlachyov + 1st for Yandle?
Try way more.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:03 PM
rockinghockey

With the way that Gagner has played this year and PRV finally figuring out that he has to go to the paint do you think it is fair value?

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:31 PM
zaYG
Nerevarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Try way more.
Spooner + 1st?

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:34 PM
umwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Yes.

Stepan is playing the 1C role for the Rangers right now and is fitting in admirably. He plays in every situation and produces points. He's got 25 points in 34 games and is coming off a 51 point season. He's still very young at 22.

I think Couturier is going to be a solid 2C, in the mold of a Travis Zajac. Good player, but I think Stepan is objectively the superior player at this moment. Couturier is young and has potential, but let's face it - his offensive upside really isn't anything special. 8 points in 30 games this season. He's a smart player with decent hands, but whenever I've watched him, he's either invisible or he's making dumb decisions with the puck (in the offensive zone, definitely not in the defensive zone). Not to say he doesn't have decent offensive upside (45-50 points), but I don't really see anything more than that.

The main thing, though, is that Stepan is worth a LOT more to the Rangers than Coots is to the Flyers, IMO. The Flyers have center depth. The Rangers, at the moment, don't. They can't move Stepan in a trade without a center coming back. The Flyers could easily move a center for a defenseman.
You're certainly entitled to that opinion, but I think you're being a little unfair towards Couturier in this scenario. A 20 year old, 2 years removed from an awesome junior career that is being thrust into a 3rd line forward role.

Couturier is younger and exemplifies physically the prototypical #1C. He's shown top flight production as a 16,17,18 year old in junior and all of the sudden 2 years later he's a 50 point guy tops? Based on what? An average rookie year and being thrown into a half season with no training camp?

I'd say their value is damn near the same, and more to the point of the thread, I don't think it would be wise for either team to deal them for Yandle without something else coming back.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:36 PM
YotesFan47

It's rumored that gmdm is looking for a young, top talent forward, young talented defenseman, and a 1st for Yandle. I'd have to find where I read that but it's the gist of what kind of package he wants. I'd imagine NHL ready prospects would qualify to an extent depending on the prospect.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:43 PM
Stats01

Any team going for Yandle will probably have to give up an NHL ready prospect, a B prospect and a first round pick. You're not going to get Yandle for scraps like an Iginla trade or anything like that. Yandle is in his prime top 4 D-man, I'm not a Coyotes fan but teams are going to have to pony up.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaYG View Post
Spooner + 1st?
keep adding.

Think about it, a top 4 d-man in his prime. You're going to have to entice Maloney to give him up. Spooner is a good prospect, the 1st is nice, but there has to be more to that IMO.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:47 PM
smitty10

Come on, Nonis. We need someone to play with Phaneuf.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Wait, so Yandle isn't worth Stepan but he's worth more than Couturier?
Absolutely, Stepan>>Couturier. Both players are solid defensively, but Stepan is the only one who's shown any offensive instinct whatsoever.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:49 PM
ducky

IF GMDM trades Yandle it will be for an immediate upgrade on the top forward line (granted Phoenix does not have a 1st line). Think youngish 2nd line centre with lots of upside. Then add.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:50 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Come on, Nonis. We need someone to play with Phaneuf.
I'd love Yandle on this team. But we'd have to give up a crap load for him. You're looking at possibly Gardiner being part of the deal. Or we put in Colborne, our first and another top end prospect and even then we'd probably have to add.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Stanley Cup
Bettman's ice bucket

vCash: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
IF GMDM trades Yandle it will be for an immediate upgrade on the top forward line (granted Phoenix does not have a 1st line). Think youngish 2nd line centre with lots of upside. Then add.
Turris?

Stanley Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:53 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post
Absolutely, Stepan>>Couturier. Both players are solid defensively, but Stepan is the only one who's shown any offensive instinct whatsoever.
Couturier is better than Stepan defensively, for sure, but Stepan is very good defensively. He plays a lot on the PK and is an excellent PKer.

I see Couturier as a 2nd line shutdown C. Stepan, a playmaking 1C. Both are valuable in their own right.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Any team going for Yandle will probably have to give up an NHL ready prospect, a B prospect and a first round pick. You're not going to get Yandle for scraps like an Iginla trade or anything like that. Yandle is in his prime top 4 D-man, I'm not a Coyotes fan but teams are going to have to pony up.
If this were to be reliable at all, Boston's ALL over this, and fast. Chia's looking to bolster, Yandle's a hometown kid, and there has been mention in previous seasons about it.

Spooner or Khokhlachev
Krug or Bartkowski
1st round pick

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote