HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 04:23 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Trust me some very powerful and rich people in Zagreb will be extremely happy if KLH Medvescak fails and cease to exist in this form and goes back to obscurity.
Got it. You can trust me that KHL is much stronger than anybody in Croatia. Including all sports/politics. Remember who Medvedev is.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:27 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by guderian View Post
croatian hockey federation?

Well that almost doesn't exist
And problem is not related to hockey federation, it's a bit complicated to explain:

Most of those who are in envy are coming from football, handball or basketball surroundings (almost all clubs in Zagreb and Croatia in generall survive just because they receive hefty sums of money from local community-in this case city of Zagreb, with KHL Medvescak and probable KK Cedevita as lonely exceptions).

In a way Medvescak is showing to everybody that you can run profesional club without public money if you have capable marketing division and some sort of vision what are you trying to accomplish.....and naturaly rest of them are afraid that someday someone will ask them wtf are they doing with all that money they receive (and there are some really shady characters involved, especially in football and handball and they don't like any, even remotely possible, disturbance in the way they operate).

Trust me some very powerful and rich people in Zagreb will be extremely happy if KLH Medvescak fails and cease to exist in this form and goes back to obscurity.
Everything you wrote is 200% correct, but those people are not relevant on eventual success or failure of Medvescak in KHL. If we succed their mouths will stay shut, if we fail, they will "enjoy" few days by selling all smartness of world in newspapers and then - nothing. They will still recieve big money from City of Zagreb and Medvescak will be back in amateur waters.

My feelings on this Medvescak in KHL story are following : Would I be happy to see Medvescak in KHL ? - Yes

Will KHL bring something that will push croatian hockey forward and will people from "federation" try to lobby for some new ice-rink(s) ? - No. Because they didn't do it now despite of enormus popularity of EBEL.

My ideal scenario would be to stay in EBEL and try to build team with 60% of domestic players, yes, it would take 7-8 yeras, but I would be ready to wait. Will that happen ? No.

In situation like that I would rather watch 20 foreginers in second best world league, then 20 foreginers in EBEL (where some croats could play if not for insane and hysteric run for title in previous two seasons).

Old
03-31-2013, 04:31 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Got it. You can trust me that KHL is much stronger than anybody in Croatia. Including all sports/politics. Remember who Medvedev is.
All of those people guderian talked about are Church mouses compared to Medvedev

They are just "local" bosses, who are nothing the second they cross croatian border.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:54 PM
guderian

Media is having big part in driving Medvescak success and I feel that even with slight regression of club ambition or results on ice will open the doors for some very negative press reactions(which will undoubtedly be fueled by some of those shady characters I was writing before ).
You could see part of it this year and with any prolonged period of such negativity interest of regular fans will go down and with that average attendance will go down which could kill this project in relatively short time. That is, imo, main reason Medvescak was trying to win title for the last two years.

At the sam time I am convinced that Medvescak was fully aware that winning the title would be almost imposible when EBEL is so openly bias towards Austrian clubs(Jesenice and Olimpija had much beter roster and a lot of depth 5,6 years ago in comparison with Medvescak and couldn't do it - in case of Jesenice rest of the league just went out and buyed almost half of their roster or in case of Olimpija they were cheated in most perfidious way after coming just one win away from the title)

I must say that I was happy beyond the words a couple of weeks ago when I saw there are some attempts to form hockey club in Delnice...it's based mostly on some romantic enthusiasm but it's a start, getting 2 or 3 more ice halls could do wonder fo hockey in Croatia(it's not talent that is limiting quantity of domestic players its lack of opportunity/possibility)

Old
03-31-2013, 04:57 PM
guderian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
All of those people guderian talked about are Church mouses compared to Medvedev

They are just "local" bosses, who are nothing the second they cross croatian border.

From what I heard Medvedev would get along just well with likes of Mamic or Gobac

Old
03-31-2013, 05:12 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by guderian View Post
From what I heard Medvedev would get along just well with likes of Mamic or Gobac
I am more likely to believe that he is gentlman compared to those two primitive villagers.

Old
04-01-2013, 05:45 PM
marquinhos

http://izvestia.ru/news/547770

In short, Medveščak can join KHL season 13/14. However, if the results of screening, they will have time to fix all the bugs to start of the season, they will come next year.

And now we know, why AZ won't their main arena. It is not completely finalized at a hockey, thus the club before each game have to re-fill the ice. I don't know how do it, but i think AZ can be altered quickly and converted an European Steples Center.

Last edited by marquinhos: 04-01-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old
04-11-2013, 08:46 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I don't understand why they don't put the teams joining the KHL into the VHL for one season?! So they get prepared at a high level of hockey for their KHL season.

Also what is the update on Medvescak and Gdansk (not for this year, but next)???? I was watching some EBEL highlights and that league is very disappointing to be honest. Really low hockey and arenas are normally usually empty, I totally understand why Zagreb would rather play this year in the KHL even if they're ready or not.

Old
04-11-2013, 11:22 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I don't understand why they don't put the teams joining the KHL into the VHL for one season?! So they get prepared at a high level of hockey for their KHL season.

Also what is the update on Medvescak and Gdansk (not for this year, but next)???? I was watching some EBEL highlights and that league is very disappointing to be honest. Really low hockey and arenas are normally usually empty, I totally understand why Zagreb would rather play this year in the KHL even if they're ready or not.
? Your average EBEL game is probably of higher quality than the average VHL game and even then KHL is in different universe compared to VHL, so no amount of games will prepare you for games with big boys in the K.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:28 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
? Your average EBEL game is probably of higher quality than the average VHL game and even then KHL is in different universe compared to VHL, so no amount of games will prepare you for games with big boys in the K.
Are you serious, VHL is that bad?

Old
04-12-2013, 04:00 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Your average EBEL game is probably of higher quality than the average VHL game
not true

Old
04-12-2013, 05:31 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Average game not...of course that is only my opinion, but top EBEL game is comparable to top VHL game. After all, results of Vienna and Salzburg in European trophy can confirm that

Old
04-12-2013, 05:35 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post

Well...EBEL for third year in a row has increase in it's attendance. And that is not reason why Medvescak (please everyone write Medvescak, not Zagreb, because Zagreb is another hockey club ) wants to go in KHL. Reason is in KHL they would be much more financialy stable, while in EBEL they barely survive season with money they have.

Old
04-12-2013, 06:02 AM
ebis

Quote:
Slovan replaced Poprad, new club from Prague joined
Come on...

Old
04-12-2013, 11:11 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
not true
Prove me wrong. I'm watching a lot of Torpedo games and highlights and the actual hockey is not impressive at all. And Ustinka is your average team.

Every half-capable player already is in KHL and there's not much left. For example if Vladivostok joins this fall (and no Russian teams leaves the league), I have no idea where they will find those 20 local players.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:05 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
When is the deadline and new teams will be announced for next season? Hoping a team in Sochi will be annuonced.

Old
04-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Spektanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
When is the deadline and new teams will be announced for next season? Hoping a team in Sochi will be annuonced.
The deadline to apply is April, 30. All the teams will be announced during the first weeks of May, I guess.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:41 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
seems like Vladivostok is the only team in this year.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:44 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I would wait, but it seems like you wrote.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Spektanto

It's said that it will be three geographical divisions next season, 9 teams each. The questions are:
- which teams of the Moscow Region will go either to the Western or to the Central
- which team among Avto, Traktor and MMg will stay in the Central while the two other will go to the Siberian (and will play with Amur and Vladivostok five times... OMG)

Quote:
I hope Medvescak has chances yet.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:11 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektanto View Post
It's said that it will be three geographical divisions next season, 9 teams each. The questions are:
- which teams of the Moscow Region will go either to the Western or to the Central
- which team among Avto, Traktor and MMg will stay in the Central while the two other will go to the Siberian (and will play with Amur and Vladivostok five times... OMG)

I hope Medvescak has chances yet.
how's that OMG vs Amur's daily life?

Old
04-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Spektanto

Quote:
how's that OMG vs Amur's daily life?
Well, it's just because I follow Traktor . In general, I understand it, and I think it'll be a bit easier for Amur next season - they have one more team at the Far East.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:11 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
what about the Island of Sakhalin, there was rumour about a new arena and potential team a few years back, or Yermak? They could eventually have a full division of eastern teams.

Old
04-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
How will playoffs work with 3 divisions? Would it be done by top sixteen teams in overall standings?

Old
04-22-2013, 08:48 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
what about the Island of Sakhalin, there was rumour about a new arena and potential team a few years back, or Yermak? They could eventually have a full division of eastern teams.
lol, no way.

Closed Thread