HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 03:37 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Broken jaw - Crosby - out indefinitely.
delusionals on the broons board delighted by the "karma"

Old
03-31-2013, 03:41 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
delusionals on the broons board delighted by the "karma"
Watch if something doesn't suddenly happen to one of their key guys because of their karmic celebration.

Also funny now, it seems dmen have caught onto the scoring tricks of Bouillon. If you can't beat your opponents goalie then beat your own.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
HNIC is decent, but we are spoiled by TSN
I like HNIC better. But HNIC needs to fix a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Their shows are professional, very well produced and often feature Canadian artists. You're just mad because Cherry is a Leafs and Bruins fan. Get over it, HNIC is amazing.
HNIC is still the best but they need to get rid of Stock. Healy could probably be replaced as well. It's really starting to go downhill and I think its because the CBC is in a frantic search to find the next Cherry... it's a mistake.

Replace Cherry with Kelly Hrudey's Behind the Mask. Don't bother trying to find the next Cherry because he doesnt' exist.

Get rid of Stock, get rid of Healy... bring back Maclean to the Hotstove with Friedman, Weekes, Hrudey and maybe somebody like Lebrun. Enough with the clown show. Right now it's everyone trying to shout over one another with one idiot trying desperately to be clown enough to be the next Cherry (I may not have big collars but look at my stupid lapels.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I love how Leafs fans absolutely lose their **** if you dare claim that perhaps Kadri's 20% shooting percentage isn't sustainable and he's not guaranteed to be a 90+ point player for the rest of his career. If you assume that, you can only be jealous.

Kadri is legit unfortunately, but there's a big difference between being a good player and playing like Kadri is right now for a regular 80+ game year. You'd really think they'd have learned their lesson by now - not that Habs fans aren't occasionally guilty of overhyping small sample sizes, but the outright hostility of suggesting Kadri isn't a top 10 center in the league is outright hilarious.

Honestly, Kadri still reminds me of Ribeiro more than anything else. Maybe a slightly better shooter - give it another year before we see how much this current shooting is a fluke, but really the same exact strengths and weaknesses, it's uncanny - ridiculous hands, game defined by playmaking, physically slight, a massive diver/pest that you'd want on your side and would want to murder if he's not. I feel like if I told that to Leafs fans they'd flame me for not suggesting Kadri is more like a cross between Datsyuk and Gretzky.
Same with Paciorretty. A few weeks back he was being declared a superstar... he's not. He's a solid first liner who will pot 30-40 goals and generate shots. Fans get excited when their players go white hot. And to be fair, they've waited a long time for this guy to produce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Man, can Malkin and Crosby ever play at the same time? I mean, how many games have they had with them both in the lineup at the same time?
It's uncanny how one is always hurt... it's also uncanny how it's never both who are hurt.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Same with Paciorretty. A few weeks back he was being declared a superstar... he's not. He's a solid first liner who will pot 30-40 goals and generate shots. Fans get excited when their players go white hot. And to be fair, they've waited a long time for this guy to produce.
Well, I think Pacioretty is a legitimate first liner, and that alone is exciting because we really haven't had a ton of legitimate first line wingers in the past few years (there was Kovalev, and maybe Cammalleri, and both were seriously flawed even if Kovalev was a star), but yeah, I remember at times last year he was being called the francise player and people definitely got overboard.

Habs fans were guilty of overrating Pacioretty and Desharnais to a considerable degree last year, and the Eller comparisons go overboard when he's on a hot streak. But in Pacioretty's case, a 30 goal guy who dominates possession was exactly what we needed, even if he does tend to float defensively and isn't the superstar power forward he looks like during hot streaks.

But right now there's outright hostility on the general board and twitter if you dare consider Kadri less than a guy who will get over a point per game for the rest of his career.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
charlie

Wow take a look at the empty seats. I know its Easter Sunday and all but still.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Kadri is not top-10 center. You can bookmark this.

I just don't beleive you can go from a guy who had a bunch of auditions in the NHL but then deemed not ready, to a true PPG played and top-10 center. He's just riding a pretty nice hot streak.

Don't get me wrong. He's super talented but just not as good as some people believe he is. Rebeiro is a good comparison and Mike ain't PPG player, nor top-10 center.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:59 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post

I just don't beleive you can go from a guy who had a bunch of auditions in the NHL but then deemed not ready, to a true PPG played and top-10 center. He's just riding a pretty nice hot streak.

Don't get me wrong. He's super talented but just not as good as some people believe he is. Rebeiro is a good comparison and Mike ain't PPG player, nor top-10 center.
I think he's benefitting a lot from the Leafs' system and his linemates as well as previously being shielded from top D. He is opportunistic as hell, and honestly, if Eller could convert the chances he creates for himself, he'd be in the top 10 scorers in the league (so something missing from Lars's game, but that I expect will come). His AHL stints definitely helped him and similar to Spezza, (as much as I hate Burke), his success right now is similar to when JS was buried in the minors.

Let's not forget he has several years on Chuckie who will likely surpass him, but (thankfully) without any impromptu remodelling of the CBC (or RDS ftm) studio sets.

I can't think of the equivalent of Don Cherry for the Habs in terms of pumping up a loser fanbase for years and years (not that we were losers for years and years) and then culminating in the money shot heard all around Canada.

Old
03-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven

vCash: 250
Anybody else watching the Duke game (NCAA Basket)? What a freak accident

Old
03-31-2013, 05:55 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Anybody else watching the Duke game (NCAA Basket)? What a freak accident
Horrible. Never seen anything like that in a basketball game.

Old
03-31-2013, 05:55 PM
HomaridII

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Med experts suggest with no concuss' #Penguins Crosby out min 4 wks if had only isolated jaw fracture. Will need cage through #NHL playoffs

Old
03-31-2013, 05:57 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
What happened??

Old
03-31-2013, 05:58 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Med experts suggest with no concuss' #Penguins Crosby out min 4 wks if had only isolated jaw fracture. Will need cage through #NHL playoffs
holy crap. I thought he'd be back on the ice in a game or two. What is the delay for a broken jaw?

Tbh that is some freaky timing re: Iginla.

Old
03-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
What happen?

Old
03-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
I didn't see it and hope I never do but from what I read:

Kevin Ware went up for a block and when he came down his leg gave way and snapped in half. Apparently his shin bone was fully protruding

Old
03-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
What happen?
I suggest not watching this

Old
03-31-2013, 06:02 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
What happen?
NSFW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5505z5l2Lw

I don't suggest clicking on this.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post

I think he'll be a 25-30 goal scorer for most of his career. Opposing teams are now going to take more notice of him and he won't be as successful. He makes me think of Pacioretty with less speed but with a better shot release. Most of his goal come from him being in the slot area and taking a wrister, he's good but in no way crazy good.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
NSFW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5505z5l2Lw

I don't suggest clicking on this.
His whole career just vanished in the span of 1 second. That's just sad and unfortunate.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Jesus Christ. Poor kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
holy crap. I thought he'd be back on the ice in a game or two. What is the delay for a broken jaw?

Tbh that is some freaky timing re: Iginla.
It depends...if it's only a small part of the jaw you can play pretty quickly with a full shield. This must not be a small break and he is probably going to be wired shut.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Watch if something doesn't suddenly happen to one of their key guys because of their karmic celebration.

Also funny now, it seems dmen have caught onto the scoring tricks of Bouillon. If you can't beat your opponents goalie then beat your own.
damn!

2 best jerseys in the NHL, Red Wings red and Hawks white!

omg that leg injury.........

Old
03-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Go Sabres! Keep owning Boston. Game about to start on TSN...in 30 minutes.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:11 PM
sheed36

Quote:
It was so awful to look at.. Speedy recovery to him..

Old
03-31-2013, 07:27 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I'm starting to doubt it since 30 minutes is about how long the last 3 minutes of this basketball game has lasted.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:36 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
do buffalo have john scott playing tonight

Old
03-31-2013, 07:47 PM
sheed36

The Sabres have Scott, Kaleta and Ott in the line up so hopefully we'll see some fireworks in this game.

Closed Thread