HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Negotiations with Kristo have started.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 05:49 PM
  #151
Gustave
Registered User
 
Gustave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
What options does he have?
Sign with the Habs or wait it out until August 15th.

Gustave is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 07:01 PM
  #152
25get
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 50
With Yale win over UND, Kristo is now available to come in Hamilton/Montreal.
So we will see what he does.

25get is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 11:42 PM
  #153
ekof232
Registered User
 
ekof232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
With Yale win over UND, Kristo is now available to come in Hamilton/Montreal.
So we will see what he does.
I only hope he doesn't decide to pull a Blake Wheeler off his hat. That would piss the **** out of me.

ekof232 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:24 AM
  #154
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,777
vCash: 500
According to bobby Mac on twitter

There will be no issues in signing Kristo, Habs want him and he wants us. He will not go UFA

HomaridII is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:25 AM
  #155
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Lets play a game called THE COLLEGE HOCKEY TEAM.

The goal is to build an awesome-tastic roster full of players who graduated from the NCAA!

Lets take a look at the teams:

TEAM 1

Zach Parise - Jonathan Toews - Martin St. Louis
Thomas Vanek - Joe Pavelski - Patrick Sharp
Max Pacioretty - Ryan Kesler - Phil Kessel
Chris Kunitz - T.J. Oshie - David Backes

Ryan McDonagh - Ryan Suter
Dan Boyle - Paul Martin
Kevin Bieksa - Kevin Shattenkirk

Jonathan Quick
Ryan Miller

TEAM 2

Dany Heatley - Derek Stepan - Blake Wheeler
Matt Read - Paul Stastny - Michael Cammalleri
James VanRiemsdyk - Travis Zajac - Brian Gionta
Viktor Stalberg - Colin Wilson - Kyle Okposo

Nick Leddy - Jack Johnson
Matt Niskanen - Erik Johnson
Alex Goligoski - Justin Faulk

Cory Schneider
Jimmy Howard

TEAM 3

Carl Hagelin - Kyle Turris - Drew Stafford
Mike Knuble - Tyler Bozak - Teddy Purcell
Chris Higgins - Shawn Horcoff - Matt Frattin
Ryan Malone - Matt Cullen - David Booth

Joe Corvo - Andy Greene
Justin Schultz - Jeff Petry
Ryan Whitney - Patrick Wiercioch

Tim Thomas
Ben Bishop

HM:
Ron Hainsey
Nathan Gerbe
Chris Kreider

That is not even including Duncan Keith who played a year and a half in the CCHA before going to the WHL for the second half of a season.

So in other words, the NCAA is an excellent way for a player to get prepared for the NHL. Looking forward to seeing Kristo hit that plateau one day.
One: He spelled College as Collage, which is a french term for layering elements in a work of art, but definitely not a term for post secondary education, (BTW, If you misspell something, misspelling 'College' is probably not a good choice. The irony is thick) and :

Two: You just super-killed the guy with your post.

bsl is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 08:32 AM
  #156
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
You clearly haven't seen my Sid the Kid collage then!

You the Man.

bsl is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 10:13 AM
  #157
walsy37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Lets play a game called THE COLLEGE HOCKEY TEAM.

The goal is to build an awesome-tastic roster full of players who graduated from the NCAA!

Lets take a look at the teams:

TEAM 1

Zach Parise - Jonathan Toews - Martin St. Louis
Thomas Vanek - Joe Pavelski - Patrick Sharp
Max Pacioretty - Ryan Kesler - Phil Kessel
Chris Kunitz - T.J. Oshie - David Backes

Ryan McDonagh - Ryan Suter
Dan Boyle - Paul Martin
Kevin Bieksa - Kevin Shattenkirk

Jonathan Quick
Ryan Miller

TEAM 2

Dany Heatley - Derek Stepan - Blake Wheeler
Matt Read - Paul Stastny - Michael Cammalleri
James VanRiemsdyk - Travis Zajac - Brian Gionta
Viktor Stalberg - Colin Wilson - Kyle Okposo

Nick Leddy - Jack Johnson
Matt Niskanen - Erik Johnson
Alex Goligoski - Justin Faulk

Cory Schneider
Jimmy Howard

TEAM 3

Carl Hagelin - Kyle Turris - Drew Stafford
Mike Knuble - Tyler Bozak - Teddy Purcell
Chris Higgins - Shawn Horcoff - Matt Frattin
Ryan Malone - Matt Cullen - David Booth

Joe Corvo - Andy Greene
Justin Schultz - Jeff Petry
Ryan Whitney - Patrick Wiercioch

Tim Thomas
Ben Bishop

HM:
Ron Hainsey
Nathan Gerbe
Chris Kreider

That is not even including Duncan Keith who played a year and a half in the CCHA before going to the WHL for the second half of a season.

So in other words, the NCAA is an excellent way for a player to get prepared for the NHL. Looking forward to seeing Kristo hit that plateau one day.
Not sure what you meant by graduated - but very few of those players played for 4 years in NCAA and graduated the way Kristo is. Also, while I am sure there are many omissions, you missed one major NCAA player, Hobey Baker Award, Olympian, All-Star in Paul Kariya. Also, most of the 1980 US Olympic team played in the NCAA. including some long-time NHLers.

Edit: I get it - current players.


Last edited by walsy37: 03-31-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: misunderstood
walsy37 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
  #158
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,547
vCash: 500
Great video. Suggest you watch the whole thing. Really explains that Kristo isn't alone. UND Hockey Program is something special. Made me understand a little bit more why he decided to stay.

5:40, Teamates start talking about Danny Kristo. Some pretty great comments by them.

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:15 PM
  #159
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,410
vCash: 500
The kid may become a real good top line player, exceptional skating and skill.

Tyson is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
  #160
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,468
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Great video. Suggest you watch the whole thing. Really explains that Kristo isn't alone. UND Hockey Program is something special. Made me understand a little bit more why he decided to stay.

5:40, Teamates start talking about Danny Kristo. Some pretty great comments by them.
Interesting, is he a Gallagher type player? Or less gritty more finesse maybe.

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:27 PM
  #161
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,362
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Interesting, is he a Gallagher type player? Or less gritty more finesse maybe.
Judging from his picture I'd say he is fiery and soulless.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:29 PM
  #162
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Judging from his picture I'd say he is fiery and soulless.


I haven't seen a full game, but from the highlights, seems less "Fiesty" than Gallagher. Less net driving and in-your-face than BGally

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:30 PM
  #163
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Interesting, is he a Gallagher type player? Or less gritty more finesse maybe.
Faster skater and better vision, I would say. However, not as gritty or fearless.

Fozz is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:32 PM
  #164
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Judging from his picture I'd say he is fiery and soulless.
hahahahaha

DJ Breadman is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:37 PM
  #165
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
I get the vibe he can dish out some good hits and plays hard but spends less time crashing the crease than Gallagher (as is the case for most players lol). They're not very comparable, Kristo has better hands and vision

Gally11 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 04:54 PM
  #166
Mats86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
I get the vibe he can dish out some good hits and plays hard but spends less time crashing the crease than Gallagher (as is the case for most players lol). They're not very comparable, Kristo has better hands and vision
that's good to hear

Mats86 is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:06 PM
  #167
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,468
vCash: 700
So jokes aside, which NHL player would be comparable?

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:07 PM
  #168
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,514
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
So jokes aside, which NHL player would be comparable?
Poor man's Kessel.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:29 PM
  #169
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Poor man's Kessel.
I do not like Kessel type of player. Too much perimeter playing and soft like butter.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:34 PM
  #170
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Poor man's Kessel.
No Kessel is soft and allergic to contact. Kristo won't go to the net by instinct. He's a sniper but he is physical enough and figures to be better along the boards.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:35 PM
  #171
WaltWhitman
Registered User
 
WaltWhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I do not like Kessel type of player. Too much perimeter playing and soft like butter.
Kessel sucks. Former Gopher

I don't think kristo will play a gutless game like Kessel does. Haha.

I would say maybe a poor man's Jonathan toews, but as a winger.

WaltWhitman is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:38 PM
  #172
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
Kessel sucks. Former Gopher

I don't think kristo will play a gutless game like Kessel does. Haha.

I would say maybe a poor man's Jonathan toews.
From what I know, he doesn't have the defensive game to be considered that.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:38 PM
  #173
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Kritso was a (talented) man playing against boys this year, as a senior in a weaker (for him) league.

I can't wait to see his true value, his true development, and his true dedication, to better judge if he will (or not) live up to the hype.

For the record, I hope he does.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:41 PM
  #174
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,102
vCash: 500
tweeter, scout, whatever lol...corey pronman says he's a 2nd liner, pro-skating right now...could be a solid top 6er

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 05:42 PM
  #175
WaltWhitman
Registered User
 
WaltWhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
From what I know, he doesn't have the defensive game to be considered that.
Yeah good point.

Danny is a complete player though. I don't think his defensive game is a weakness.

WaltWhitman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.