HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 14.0 - The "Jinxed Undefeated Season" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
IMFC looked unprepared for KC last night. It was the first time this season an opponent has applied a lot of pressure and the Impact did not handle it well at all. There was a lot of confusion in the back 4 and they could not make 2 passes.

Probably a good learning experience and it will bring them back to Earth but we may not see Ouimette again for a while.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Captain Saku

I don't want to see the 4-1-4-1 anymore.

Let's play 4-2-3-1 again. For me it makes no sense to play 4-1-4-1 at home. Last year, I thought Felipe was a bad player when we played 4-4-2 at the start of the season, but then I changed my mind on him when we switched to 4-2-3-1. He's having a bad season so far and part of it IMO the formation we're playing. It's not only bad for Felipe, but for Di Vaio too, he's completely isolated and the only way he can score is either a long or a through ball behind the defenders, and with a defense like SKC with Collin, he was completely dominated physically.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:38 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Just saw this picture. Pretty incredible. Fifa 06. And we have one of those players on our team. Only if Nesta could convince Kaka

Old
03-31-2013, 04:09 PM
RoadTotheCup

We can't blame Bernier, the opponents finally catch up. The transition and the play-making pass by him almost every time since nobody else is doing a thing. You can't ask him everygame to destroy the other team offensive and do most of the work offensively, he can't play 90mins like these for a full season.

Felipe, blame the formation all you want, is doing nothing and is not there. Even if this is not the optimal formation for him he should be able to contribute more than this. Arnaud is playing is best but is very limited.

Right now take Bernier out like KC have done last night and the little play-making the team have is gone and our midfield is weak.

This team have not yet find is dominating midfielder. With the 4-1-4-1 if you are not strong in the midfield you are done. So either we get better there or we are trying something new.

Still giving credit to KC, but even in victory it was the same point we needed to improve. We can't just wait for errors from the other team, when they give you nothing like yesterday and you can't create an control the play you are not gonna win like that.

Last edited by RoadTotheCup: 03-31-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old
03-31-2013, 04:24 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTotheCup View Post

This team have not yet find is dominating midfielder.
Not to say Felipe was a dominant midfielder last season, but I'm sure most of us thought he could one day be that man. Felipe just seems one step too late this season. Just behind the pace. And it isn't necessarily his fault. Other teams have had a season to see him go and adapt to him. Felipe is basically following the same path as Camilo in Vancouver, who had an amazing first season, and a OK second. Not saying that he is, just not as dominant as he can potentially be.

There is only one way to find a dominant Midfielder with who you can't go wrong with. Possibly will need some help to get him though.

Just for the sake of it, I wonder if Di Vaio would look at Kaka with big eyes and moan if he doesn't receive the pass when hes open.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:34 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Not to say Felipe was a dominant midfielder last season, but I'm sure most of us thought he could one day be that man. Felipe just seems one step too late this season. Just behind the pace. And it isn't necessarily his fault. Other teams have had a season to see him go and adapt to him. Felipe is basically following the same path as Camilo in Vancouver, who had an amazing first season, and a OK second. Not saying that he is, just not as dominant as he can potentially be.

There is only one way to find a dominant Midfielder with who you can't go wrong with. Possibly will need some help to get him though.

Just for the sake of it, I wonder if Di Vaio would look at Kaka with big eyes and moan if he doesn't receive the pass when hes open.
the only thing if you switch to a 4-2-3-1 do we really want Arnaud on the wings again.

Yep Felipe as potential, but this season just doesn't work for him yet. There is still some time the season is young for him and the club. He usually bring something when he is deeper in the opponents territory so in the 4-2-3-1 he would probably be much better especially if he is getting is **** back togheter, but I just don't like the fact that he can't do a thing when slightly out the optimal formation for him.

A long shot but yeah Kaka would be

Last edited by RoadTotheCup: 03-31-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old
03-31-2013, 04:42 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Yep Felipe as potential, but this season just doesn't work for him yet. There is still some time the season is young for him and the club.

A long shot but yeah Kaka would be
I would honestly think it would be plausible if Kaka didn't have such a huge salary at Madrid, and if he was a bit older. I'm sure Nesta could put Montreal on Kaka's map. We all know that chances are that if/when he comes to the MLS he will probably go to New York or LA, but if Nesta speaks really highly about Montreal, who knows what can happen?

Right now Kaka's salary is 17 million Euros, which is 21 million USD. Now I doubt that after his years at Madrid that money is something important for him. Hes got some leftover, I'm pretty sure. None the less, I think its safe to say that Kaka would expect & deserves something in between 4 to 7 million as a salary (His own sponsorship deals could pack him a couple of millions as well). Can Joey afford that? Hard to tell. It depends on his estimations. Kaka brings something extremly powerfull on the marketing point of view. Will it balance out at the end of the line making it a good investment? Hard to say.

And last of all, Kaka has been getting call ups to the Brazilian national team as of late. With the World Cup in Brazil next year, going to the MLS could eventually make him lose his spot in the national team. Players like Robbie Keane can still play in their national team whilist playing in the MLS because the caliber of his national team is significantly inferior to the calbre of the Brazilian national squad.

But one can dream! If you guys told me we would have Alessandro Nesta in our team 1 year ago day for day, nobody would believe you. We barely even had Matteo Ferrari at this time last year. IIRC, we used to joke about having Nesta with the Impact on these boards last year

Old
03-31-2013, 04:47 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
I would honestly think it would be plausible if Kaka didn't have such a huge salary at Madrid, and if he was a bit older. I'm sure Nesta could put Montreal on Kaka's map. We all know that chances are that if/when he comes to the MLS he will probably go to New York or LA, but if Nesta speaks really highly about Montreal, who knows what can happen?

Right now Kaka's salary is 17 million Euros, which is 21 million USD. Now I doubt that after his years at Madrid that money is something important for him. Hes got some leftover, I'm pretty sure. None the less, I think its safe to say that Kaka would expect & deserves something in between 4 to 7 million as a salary (His own sponsorship deals could pack him a couple of millions as well). Can Joey afford that? Hard to tell. It depends on his estimations. Kaka brings something extremly powerfull on the marketing point of view. Will it balance out at the end of the line making it a good investment? Hard to say.

And last of all, Kaka has been getting call ups to the Brazilian national team as of late. With the World Cup in Brazil next year, going to the MLS could eventually make him lose his spot in the national team. Players like Robbie Keane can still play in their national team whilist playing in the MLS because the caliber of his national team is significantly inferior to the calbre of the Brazilian national squad.

But one can dream! If you guys told me we would have Alessandro Nesta in our team 1 year ago day for day, nobody would believe you. We barely even had Matteo Ferrari at this time last year. IIRC, we used to joke about having Nesta with the Impact on these boards last year
Exactly, I don't think he will come in MLS before the world cup. But After anything is possible if you are ready to spend the money. Just not sure if it would be in Montreal, LA and NY are still the favorites destinations but we still can hold our own and we are really ambitious.

Old
03-31-2013, 04:50 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Exactly, I don't think he will come in MLS before the world cup. But After anything is possible if you are ready to spend the money. Just not sure if it would be in Montreal, LA and NY are still the favorites destinations but we still can hold our own and we are really ambitious.
Yep. Out of curiosity though, does anyone know what Joey's net worth is? Or at least the net worth of the Saputo brand?

Old
03-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Padrino86

Quote:
Yep. Out of curiosity though, does anyone know what Joey's net worth is? Or at least the net worth of the Saputo brand?
over 4 bilion $... i don't think u need to worry about the saputo family. They're richer than red bulls

Old
03-31-2013, 07:10 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

We need a new formation, I hate the 4-1-4-1

Old
03-31-2013, 07:37 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
We need a new formation, I hate the 4-1-4-1
Let's play 451 then

Old
03-31-2013, 11:42 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
We can't blame Bernier, the opponents finally catch up. The transition and the play-making pass by him almost every time since nobody else is doing a thing. You can't ask him everygame to destroy the other team offensive and do most of the work offensively, he can't play 90mins like these for a full season.

Felipe, blame the formation all you want, is doing nothing and is not there. Even if this is not the optimal formation for him he should be able to contribute more than this. Arnaud is playing is best but is very limited.

Right now take Bernier out like KC have done last night and the little play-making the team have is gone and our midfield is weak.

This team have not yet find is dominating midfielder. With the 4-1-4-1 if you are not strong in the midfield you are done. So either we get better there or we are trying something new.

Still giving credit to KC, but even in victory it was the same point we needed to improve. We can't just wait for errors from the other team, when they give you nothing like yesterday and you can't create an control the play you are not gonna win like that.
I don't want to say Pisanu would've solved all of the problems last night, but along with Bernier, he's been a great playmaker this year. We clearly missed him last night.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:54 AM
DanltQC

I don't like Mapp, Nyassi is way better.

I love the intensity of Arnaud but he needs to take better decisions with the ball and also, stop complaining to the ref on every play.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:29 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Woahhh!!! this came out of nowhere. Hard to complain though! This probably explains why we loaned out Valentin and got the cap space!

Skysports Italia reporting that Totti is signed with the Impact and will join the team within the next few days after mutually agreeing to terminate his contract with Roma.

EDIT:Here is the link/confirmation: http://sport.sky.it/sport/calcio_italiano/2013/03/19/totti_ipotesi_ritorno_nazionale.html

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 04-01-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old
04-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
Woahhh!!! this came out of nowhere. Hard to complain though!

Skysports Italia reporting that Totti is signed with the Impact and will join the team within the next few days after mutually agreeing to terminate his contract with Roma.

http://sport.sky.it/sport/calcio_italiano/2013/03/19/totti_ipotesi_ritorno_nazionale.html

Sorry guys, I just had to do it
ah come on man!

Not cool....

Old
04-01-2013, 03:38 AM
L4vK

not cool bro =( I was PUMPEDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Old
04-01-2013, 09:25 AM
JunglePete

anyone else think Davy Arnaud looks like Robert Downey?

Old
04-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Woahhh!!! this came out of nowhere. Hard to complain though! This probably explains why we loaned out Valentin and got the cap space!

EDIT:Here is the link/confirmation: http://sport.sky.it/sport/calcio_italiano/2013/03/19/totti_ipotesi_ritorno_nazionale.html
lol good one Laurent

Old
04-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:

Got me

Old
04-01-2013, 10:05 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Fortunately, I looked at my calendar before opening the thread or else you would have got me very excited.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Fortunately, I looked at my calendar before opening the thread or else you would have got me very excited.
Yeah I would have been more cautios had I open the thread this morning but since it was in the middle of the night I didn't have "april's fool awareness" yet.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Padrino86

Quote:

Fk u lol

Old
04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Bud2790

Great stuff Laurent

Old
04-01-2013, 04:16 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Closed Thread