HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seriously- who would you 'expect' for Bergeron?

Closed Thread

Old
12-25-2003, 03:22 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Seriously- who would you 'expect' for Bergeron?

We know- but what do you think he'd net in the open market. I say this because I was talking to a friend about Brad Richards and he said would you deal Bergeron for him and I went into shock and couldn't speak. This is not about Bergeron for Richards though- what do you guys and gals think his value is.

If MOC didn't receive his Christmas card from JJ hand delivered by some faceless guy dressed in a black robe we'd be looking at several years of Samsonov, Thornton and Bergeron upfront- what talent. I'm worried he may be gone by Monday but we'll see.

Would the Canes trade Staal for Vinny? Would you trade Bergeron for Staal?

JFM douse me with egg nog (worked food into thread- btw no one, I mean no one out ate me in dessert department- I am going to be doing the equivalent of the neutral zone trap in the funometer tomorrow at 7 AM- the stairclimber I hate that damn thing. (I once did it next to Wesley and he had his Carolina Hurricanes manual with him on the floor and it was as thick as a chemistry book- and I didn't realize teams actually had those but Carolina does; maybe thats why Maurice lasted so long)

Last edited by DKH: 12-25-2003 at 03:29 PM.
Old
12-25-2003, 03:53 PM
neelynugs

richards is still very young, but i'm not sure how much more upside there is to him. personally, i'd keep bergeron. guess that's saying a lot, right? however, i'd definitely trade him for staal. that kid is gonna be a total stud- #1 center like joe. i say this b/c the 2003-04 version of joe is the "kinder and gentler joe"...staal would basically be viewed as thornton without the edge.

Old
12-25-2003, 03:57 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
richards is still very young, but i'm not sure how much more upside there is to him. personally, i'd keep bergeron. guess that's saying a lot, right? however, i'd definitely trade him for staal. that kid is gonna be a total stud- #1 center like joe. i say this b/c the 2003-04 version of joe is the "kinder and gentler joe"...staal would basically be viewed as thornton without the edge.
If thats true then we could ask Wally to keep all the negative Thornton posts, have them edited to Staal and bring them back in 4 years.

doesn't Eric Staal look like Anthony Michael Hall from 16 Candles and Breakfast Club- he was also born in Boston and had a drinking problem- I wonder if he was a Broons fan? I used to see Woody Harrelson sitting in about lodge 10 behind the net in Cam's seats. He was there several times and I never thought of him as a Natural Born Killer.

Last edited by DKH: 12-25-2003 at 04:08 PM.
Old
12-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
We know- but what do you think he'd net in the open market. I say this because I was talking to a friend about Brad Richards and he said would you deal Bergeron for him and I went into shock and couldn't speak. This is not about Bergeron for Richards though- what do you guys and gals think his value is.

If MOC didn't receive his Christmas card from JJ hand delivered by some faceless guy dressed in a black robe we'd be looking at several years of Samsonov, Thornton and Bergeron upfront- what talent. I'm worried he may be gone by Monday but we'll see.

JFM douse me with egg nog (worked food into thread- btw no one, I mean no one out ate me in dessert department- I am going to be doing the equivalent of the neutral zone trap in the funometer tomorrow at 7 AM- the stairclimber I hate that damn thing. (I once did it next to Wesley and he had his Carolina Hurricanes manual with him on the floor and it was as thick as a chemistry book- and I didn't realize teams actually had those but Carolina does; maybe thats why Maurice lasted so long)
At this point I really would shelve the idea at all of trading Bergeron simply because its too early to put a pricetag on. The kid is still just 18 and playing far beyond his years and often times has been the best player on the ice despite being amongst superstars. I think trading him at this point could be disasterous, if he continues to grow and develop both physically and mentally I don't see why he won't be a superstar in this league. While this very well maybe a bit presumptuous the Count has nothing to dissuade me from believing so.

Old
12-26-2003, 02:33 AM
Jake3648

Love the KID....but anyone realize he has ONE five on five goal???? just food for thought...we sometimes predicate our assessment based on too little expectations

Old
12-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

I don't think people are talking about stats when they talk about Bergeron's worth, or how good of a player he is, or what his trade value is.

I don't need to say how good the kid is. I don't need to restate where his talents lie.

I think that if you look at the fact that the youngest player in the NHL has gone from the fourth line wing at the beginning of the season, to centering the second line, to playing on the top line (last game), in not even half a season... That tells you what he's worth.

I think if you look at the fact that he plays in every situation (PP, PK, 4-4), and plays well in every situation (at 18), that tells you what he's worth.

I think if you look at the fact that even through this slide... This wretched inability to win... This last month that is making us (Bruins fans) say... "Let's trade Samsonov... Get rid of that Murray..." Even through this rough period, I have never stopped being impressed with Bergeron's play.
Not one game.
And not just because he's young, or mature "for his age." But because he is genuinely a fantastic player regardless of his age.
Not only that... But he's only played 35 games. He will improve.
That tells you what he's worth.

So yeah... One 5-5 goal. Big deal.
If you want to be a stats master, then Bergeron's 20 points would put you on top of the scoring list in Carolina, Chicago, Florida, Nashville, and Pittsburgh, and in the top 3 scorers of many other teams.

What is Bergeron worth in trade value?

A lot more than Brad Richards, I assure you.

Old
12-26-2003, 03:30 PM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Mike KOMISAREK would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH

If the Habs would go for it...Jay BOUMEISTER would be even better.

Closed Thread