HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potter, Crabb and Guenin

Old
08-13-2006, 11:57 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
What exactly, besides being a first round pick, has Korpedo done to deserve rookie max salary? I would give Dubinsky more and he got under 500k didn't he?
FYI,most first round picks receive the max or close the max for their draft year.Some even receive performance bonuses.Second round picks receive less than first round picks.Third round picks receive less than second round picks.That's the way it is

Dubinsky got in the neighborhood of what second round picks receive

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 12:00 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Dubinsky got in the neighborhood of what second round picks receive-he got a little more than what Bruce Graham and Dane Byers got and both of those players went ahead of Dubinsky who probably has a better agent than Graham and Byers.Dubinsky is repped by Kurt Overhardt who seems to have every college player signing a NHL contract or American kids in the CHL.Overhardt also has Al Montoya.I wouldn't be surprised if Overhardt reps either Potter,Crabb or Guenin

Old
08-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dubinsky got in the neighborhood of what second round picks receive-he got a little more than what Bruce Graham and Dane Byers got and both of those players went ahead of Dubinsky who probably has a better agent than Graham and Byers.Dubinsky is repped by Kurt Overhardt who seems to have every college player signing a NHL contract or American kids in the CHL.Overhardt also has Al Montoya.I wouldn't be surprised if Overhardt reps either Potter,Crabb or Guenin
I wouldn't necessarily say he has a better agent, I just think the Rangers realized he's more valuable than Graham and Byers and thus were willing to give him more money than those two.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 01:51 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Information on other college players who may become free agents on August 15th.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=280144

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
What exactly, besides being a first round pick, has Korpedo done to deserve rookie max salary? I would give Dubinsky more and he got under 500k didn't he?
Typical first round money, which is how these things usually work unless the kid completely bombs and even then someone is usually willing to give them a bit more.

And one thing that does keep getting overlooked is that Korpikoski wasn't playing in a junior league. This kid, who is barely 21 has been playing professional hockey in a men's league.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 11:49 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
I wouldn't necessarily say he has a better agent, I just think the Rangers realized he's more valuable than Graham and Byers and thus were willing to give him more money than those two.
Yeah, but he was drafted AFTER them. Don't salaries typically slot in the NHL? Especially once you get out of the first round? Especially, especially among subsequent players picked by the same team? I've got to go with the better agent theory on this one.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 12:42 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Yeah, but he was drafted AFTER them. Don't salaries typically slot in the NHL? Especially once you get out of the first round? Especially, especially among subsequent players picked by the same team? I've got to go with the better agent theory on this one.
Typically? Yes. Always? Nope.

If a player develops and you feel he's gonna be the real deal, you're going to give him what it takes. Why risk losing him and seeing him go back into the draft?

Brad Richards got 1st round money from Tampa Bay after being selected in the 3rd round.

Certain guys teams don't want to lose. They'll pony up the cash. I don't necessarily think it's an agent thing. Sure they'll push for more money, but teams know when they've got a blue-chipper on their hands.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 02:24 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

do any insiders know if there are still contract talks going on? late minute efforts before the 15th deadline (which has passed of this post)

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 05:38 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
do any insiders know if there are still contract talks going on? late minute efforts before the 15th deadline (which has passed of this post)
deadline hasn't passed...they have till midnight tonight

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 05:47 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Typically? Yes. Always? Nope.

If a player develops and you feel he's gonna be the real deal, you're going to give him what it takes. Why risk losing him and seeing him go back into the draft?

Brad Richards got 1st round money from Tampa Bay after being selected in the 3rd round.

Certain guys teams don't want to lose. They'll pony up the cash. I don't necessarily think it's an agent thing. Sure they'll push for more money, but teams know when they've got a blue-chipper on their hands.
that makes brad richards the exception to the rule, but that might be a 1 in 100 case. and none of our guys being discussed are brad richards...when we pick a guy in the 3rd round as good as richards than the comparison works.

and another factor to add when comparing the rookie contracts of dubinsky to korpikoski...dubinsky has no where to go, korpikoski could have stayed in finland making decent $$. if basically all other first rounders are getting what he got then why would he leave finland for less?

Old
08-15-2006, 08:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The NHL did away with the midnight deadline's for qualifying offers,QO's expring,the new December 1 deadline for signing group II free agents and the June 1 deadline for draft picks.The deadline's are 5pm

Old
08-15-2006, 09:32 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The NHL did away with the midnight deadline's for qualifying offers,QO's expring,the new December 1 deadline for signing group II free agents and the June 1 deadline for draft picks.The deadline's are 5pm
the new deadline for ncaa players is august 15th following their class' graduation

Old
08-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
the new deadline for ncaa players is august 15th following their class' graduation
Indeed, I think we're mixing qualifying offers for Group II free agents and the need to sign players drafted out of the US college program

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 09:42 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
Gee thanks for telling me something which I already know

Look at the 2nd post in this thread

I was referring to the time of the deadline,not the date

Old
08-15-2006, 02:55 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Joey Crabb is not expected(going)to sign with the Rangers.The $$$$ gap is too wide.It's been that way for nearly four months

Can't blame Crabb for wanting to be a free agent considering Anaheim did give Colby Genoway $850,000 per and they gave Ryan Carter $850,000 to leave school early and you can't blame the Rangers not wanting to fork over major $$$ when they have better prospects making between $450,000-$600,000 NHL

Last edited by RangerBoy: 08-15-2006 at 04:36 PM.