HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jordan Leopold to STL for draft picks (2nd, conditional 5th)

Old
03-31-2013, 07:38 AM
kirby11

vCash: 500
Darth's motto for trades: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU
Also GO ST. LOUIS

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:58 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
A very solid get for a team with the defensive depth. It sucks about losing McNabb. He'd be the perfect guy to bring up. What do the pairings look like without Leopold. Sorry I only minorly watch the Sabres.
Ehrhoff/Regehr-Myers
Ehrhoff/Regehr-Sekera
Weber-Pysyk

I think if we move any other d-men (ahem, Regehr), Darcy will probably look to pull in a depth d-man to plug in for the rest of the year, similar to Sulzer last year. With Sulzer done for the reason and Brennan long gone we're minus a 7th d-man, and with McNabb out the only real call-up option is Pardy.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:22 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Ehrhoff/Regehr-Myers
Ehrhoff/Regehr-Sekera
Weber-Pysyk

I think if we move any other d-men (ahem, Regehr), Darcy will probably look to pull in a depth d-man to plug in for the rest of the year, similar to Sulzer last year. With Sulzer done for the reason and Brennan long gone we're minus a 7th d-man, and with McNabb out the only real call-up option is Pardy.
..or Biega.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:26 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Still can't believe we got a second, Darcy is holding out for a first for RR, maybe package back St. Louis pick. It's a great time to reload but we could really suck next year

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:28 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by two Tylers now View Post
That's the impression I got. The look and non answer to wether or not Miller gave list of teams before the season made me think he might be looking for a move.
He'll get moved but only if the price is steep. I guarantee.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:46 PM
McTankel

vCash: 50
If we can get a 1st for Robyn this trade deadline is already a success. 2 1sts and 2 seconds in a very deep draft would restock the shelves instantly along with last years picks. Really hope he is able to get this done.

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:56 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Still can't believe we got a second, Darcy is holding out for a first for RR, maybe package back St. Louis pick. It's a great time to reload but we could really suck next year
Why?
It's the standard price for a rental defenseman every year at the deadline.

There was nothing special about this deal.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:05 PM
Kruschiki

Not sure why there is so much praise for Regeir's trade acumen. This team has sucked for the better part of 5 years and much of that are his trades and draft picks.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruschiki View Post
Not sure why there is so much praise for Regeir's trade acumen. This team has sucked for the better part of 5 years and much of that are his trades and draft picks.
I can understand that Regier's hesistance to make deals is a strike against him.....

But generally speaking, his trades and drafts the last 5 seasons are most certainly NOT a strike against him.

In the last 5 years, he hasn't had a first round pick bust and turned Kassian into Hodgson. Granted, the only "top flight" talent he's drafted is Myers (who I know is stunted in his growth, but the talent is there) and Miller.

And trade-wise the last 5 years? There certainly isn't much that hurt us. He got a 1st for Goose, got our 1st/2nd line C of the future, got something for Campbell, got something for Leopold, etc.

While I'm ambivalent as to DR's future here, his work the last 5 years isn't the root problem of the Sabres' issues. The root problem is that we don't have the high-end talent needed to compete in the NHL.......something that is hard to do consistently without top 10 picks.

Zman5778 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:35 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
I can understand that Regier's hesistance to make deals is a strike against him.....

But generally speaking, his trades and drafts the last 5 seasons are most certainly NOT a strike against him.

In the last 5 years, he hasn't had a first round pick bust and turned Kassian into Hodgson. Granted, the only "top flight" talent he's drafted is Myers (who I know is stunted in his growth, but the talent is there) and Miller.

And trade-wise the last 5 years? There certainly isn't much that hurt us. He got a 1st for Goose, got our 1st/2nd line C of the future, got something for Campbell, got something for Leopold, etc.

While I'm ambivalent as to DR's future here, his work the last 5 years isn't the root problem of the Sabres' issues. The root problem is that we don't have the high-end talent needed to compete in the NHL.......something that is hard to do consistently without top 10 picks.
How can you list Myers there but not Vanek?

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:05 PM
aceface33

But if St. Louis misses the playoffs would a higher second round pick trump having a 4th over a 5th? What say you?

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:13 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
But if St. Louis misses the playoffs would a higher second round pick trump having a 4th over a 5th? What say you?
I think it might yes.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:19 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Depends on how big the difference in the 2nd round pick is.

If it's the difference between 44 and 45...then I'd take the 4th.
If it's the difference between 41 and 50...then that's a tougher call.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote