HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds @ Avs

Old
03-30-2013, 06:18 PM
NCAA Hockey Fan

vCash: 500
First game in a while that Rinne didn't get a sunburn on his neck.

NCAA Hockey Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Biggun35
Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
He had 14:30 of ice time 1 shot. Three big giveaways I noticed one of which created an odd man rush. Twice had the puck in his skates in the slot and could do nothing about it.

I can not understand anyone defending the play of this guy. He just came back from a conditions assignment which was done to help his confidence. At this point its more then his confidence thats the issue.
Could have been worse like almost 20 minutes of ice time, 2 shots, -1, a drop pass to nobody on the rush and be making $4.5 million like #10.

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:32 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggun35 View Post
Could have been worse like almost 20 minutes of ice time, 2 shots, -1, a drop pass to nobody on the rush and be making $4.5 million like #10.
Yeah I would agree. Alot of our top paying guys seen to be underperforming this year compared to previous years, including Rinne imo. Although he did have a great game today and one of his better games in a while.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 06:59 PM
klt2001

I think in the past when one player was having an off night, another player would step up to pick up the slack and so was able to keep the winning streak going. This year there aren't as many players stepping up and it seems a bunch of our players are struggling not just one or two.

Hopefully they can gain some confidence again as a team and build off of that. Would love to see the Preds team win a game where they were clicking on all cylinders (i.e. good goaltendering, good defense, good PK, good PP, good offense, etc.) all in one game. Don't think we have had too many of those games this year. Instead, it seems when one area of our play would do well, the other area or areas would struggle. Kind of makes it hard to win games that way.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-30-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 07:03 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
If Fisher hadn't have gotten injured Smith would still be in Milwaukee. It was good to have Gaustad back and he did what he does well but he belongs with Clune and Yip. Tons of chances and no goals. Our PP totally sucked. On the bright side it was good to see Rinne play like Rinne again. We got a point but it was like giving a point to everybody else. This is an AHL team and we'll get killed by Chicago.
The Wolves? No way, Milwaukee has their number this season!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
glenngineer

We can sit an blame SK, Smith, etc. but when your coach puts a guy on the ice who isn't a scorer on the PP in Gaustad what do we really expect the results to be. A four minute PP and we've got Gaustad AND Spaling on the ice? Really? Wtf is that all about? That is absolutely ridiculous. Beck, Legwand and Bourque were creating chances yet we come back from intermission and Gaustad and Spaling got time before them. That's when a lot of profanities started coming out of my mouth. What's next, playing 5 defensemen on the PP?

And really Gaustad between Erat and SK? A bottom six is playing on the "top" line while Smith, who we're grooming for a top 6 role, is playing on the bottom 6. It's idiotic. It's redundant. It's doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

And when are they going to learn when we're on the PP and the other team gets another penalty to give them the puck immediately. It drives me batty that we wasted a good 10-15 seconds of 5 on 3 time for no apparent reason. And Crisp said it best, why do we have guys off to the side on a 5 on 3? Poor coaching. Same mistakes over and over. I'm over it. Trotz needs to go and the sooner the better.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:14 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
We can sit an blame SK, Smith, etc. but when your coach puts a guy on the ice who isn't a scorer on the PP in Gaustad what do we really expect the results to be. A four minute PP and we've got Gaustad AND Spaling on the ice? Really? Wtf is that all about? That is absolutely ridiculous. Beck, Legwand and Bourque were creating chances yet we come back from intermission and Gaustad and Spaling got time before them. That's when a lot of profanities started coming out of my mouth. What's next, playing 5 defensemen on the PP?

And really Gaustad between Erat and SK? A bottom six is playing on the "top" line while Smith, who we're grooming for a top 6 role, is playing on the bottom 6. It's idiotic. It's redundant. It's doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

And when are they going to learn when we're on the PP and the other team gets another penalty to give them the puck immediately. It drives me batty that we wasted a good 10-15 seconds of 5 on 3 time for no apparent reason. And Crisp said it best, why do we have guys off to the side on a 5 on 3? Poor coaching. Same mistakes over and over. I'm over it. Trotz needs to go and the sooner the better.
While I don't think the results would have changed, it did give me a head scratch seeing Paul Gaustad between Erat and SK.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:43 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
While I don't think the results would have changed, it did give me a head scratch seeing Paul Gaustad between Erat and SK.
I think he's perfect for this line the other two (sk and erat won't shoot) they can drop pass to the other team real good. Seriously though Trotz doesn't how to mesh offensive lines together and never will.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:58 AM
deanwormer

Ugh - I saw SK just looking around there and was yelling at the TV for him to look before that guy even got to that rebound and shoved it just barely under Peks - not sure SK ever realized where that guy came from. Couple random thoughts:
1 - the PP has looked better recently, the difference today when we sucked was both Varlomov's good play and no BButler. Laugh if you will, but while he's not racking up a ton of stats, the lines he plays with have been getting chances and actually converting a bit, including the PP.
2 - Goose does not belong between SK and Erat. Should have been Smith - no real excuse for this. Goose needs to play with guys who will park their butts in front of the goal cause he's always throwing pucks there; Horny, Hals, Yip, Clune - pick 2 and that's a better line. Better turn out we were maximizing his minutes to show peeps he was healthy so we can deal him. I know what he brings, I value it, but not on this team, not today, not next year - we simply need to open up spots for our kids and Poile needs to aggressively go after a C or a scorer.
3 - Captain, our Captain, I sure wonder where you are? Yes, I know your scoring has picked up, but we need your aggressiveness; for setting the tone, for setting an example for our kids, and for sending a message that their guys are not welcome to buzz around Peks. We've not seen much of that this year and we need to.

I could go on, but...... we could be Flyers fans - who use the lack of Pronger as an excuse, but that don't fly when you're 14th; we could be Ranger fans, who even added Rick Nash and yet - they suck and spend a whole lot more doing it. It's a crummy season relative to where we've been, but the results aren't much off what a lot expected, although probably for different reasons than what we've experienced. But, the west is way tougher than the east - we really don't suck so bad against the whole, but finishing behind EDM would be embarrassing any way you look at it.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:29 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

I'm actually happy with the level of overall play from the team yesterday. Our guys generated quality chances throughout the game, minimized the defensive lapses we've seen too much of lately, and stayed fairly disciplined. Both goalies had solid performances in regulation with the rebounds they did give up going either to open space or handled by teammates.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 07:37 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I'm actually happy with the level of overall play from the team yesterday. Our guys generated quality chances throughout the game, minimized the defensive lapses we've seen too much of lately, and stayed fairly disciplined. Both goalies had solid performances in regulation with the rebounds they did give up going either to open space or handled by teammates.
I was happy with their play too, we could have EASILY won that game. We had multiple point blank chances and it came down to a goaltending duo. This was the only game Ive honestly felt really bummed about losing this season. We dominated the play that game, the Avs could barely get it out of their own zone. After that loss, I am officially lowering my expectations for the year...

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote