HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Draft Discussion Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 12:32 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop88 View Post
building up Miami/South Florida would be a huge boost for the league right now.
One playoff series win in like the last 20 years. They desperately need to get back there.

Calgary would be a reward to an horribly run franchise that just lost literally the best player in franchise history . Missed the playoffs for 4 straight years. Losing in the lottery could doom them for many years to come.

Colorado started out out for the first 5-6 years in Denver, but it's been all downhill since. Mediocrity.
Attendance has dwindled and the team has fallen to a distant 4th in Denver sports teams.

The Flyers are having an awful year, but this franchise is still beloved in Philly, sell out every game. Not a desperate organization right now by any stretch.
No that's BS. Why should an organization with a fanbase that doesn't give a **** about them regardless be more entitled to a superstar player than a team who's fanbase sticks with them through thick and thin. We deserve that ****, were here no matter what.

That team shouldn't even be there.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:34 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
No that's BS. Why should an organization with a fanbase that doesn't give a **** about them regardless be more entitled to a superstar player than a team who's fanbase sticks with them through thick and thin. We deserve that ****, were here no matter what.

That team shouldn't even be there.
No team is "entitled" to the 1st overall pick or at least they shouldn't be.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:36 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Really? Who cares about race anymore?
What was racist about that post?

Old
03-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Really? Who cares about race anymore?
A league that is mostly white and an afterthought in the minds of most African Americans in the United States.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:39 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
No team is "entitled" to the 1st overall pick or at least they shouldn't be.
Not my point at all. No one is entitled to the 1st overall pick. But the posters rational was that Florida is a bad organization who can't draw fans and the flyers are not, like that's some kind of reason why they should deserve a franchise player more, when were here no matter what. If anything, in a hypothetical scenario, WE should deserve that franchise player more.

Old
03-30-2013, 12:56 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
If the league didn't care about Pittsburgh they would have let the Penguins relocate instead of giving them Crosby. That's my thoughts on that. Either way if we get Jones or one of Nurse/Drouin/MacKinnon/any top d-man prospect I would be ecstatic.
Am I the only one who don't believe in conspiracy theories and thinks that Pitts got lucky and got the first pick? A team had to win it, and it was them.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:03 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Am I the only one who don't believe in conspiracy theories and thinks that Pitts got lucky and got the first pick? A team had to win it, and it was them.
No I don't believe in it. I may joke about it but deep down I don't actually believe that's what happened.

Old
03-30-2013, 01:06 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Nope, count me in that group as well.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:21 AM
BillDineen

Homer:

On pursuit for a No. 1 defenseman to replace injured star Chris Pronger:

Us and 29 other teams are looking for that guy. Its a never-ending quest to try to find that defenseman that can play all situations. Maybe you have to draft that guy. I dont know. I like our defensemen when the top 5 guys are healthy. If we could find the right guy and put him into that mix, it would make them better. Obviously, youre not going to replace a Chris Pronger, but if you can find the right guy who plays on your power play and kills penalties

Pryor:

On Jones:

I saw Jones play last year with the U.S. team (in the Under-18 World Championships) and this year at World Junior, and hes got a lot of things going for him for a big man, Pryor said. Hes got good skills and moves extremely well. Hes been a good player at every level, and on the World Junior stage this year he elevated himself from the rest of the group as a young kid in that tournament. That tells you what kind of player he is and what he could be down the road.

On Nurse:

Hes a good player and a big kid who hasnt even scratched the surface of being a man, said Pryor of Nurse, listed as the sixth-best prospect in TSN.ca draft expert Craig Buttons March rankings. Hes got a little edge to his game too. You need those type of players. Hes one of those guys people will be talking about and weve seen a lot of him.

Flyers have always taken the BPA, but they seem to realized young No. 1 defensemen are rarely traded. The only way to potentially acquire one is by trading for a young one after early struggles (Coburn and Schenn) and hoping they fulfill or exceed their potential or acquiring one after they have signed a pricey contract and then have struggled a season or two like Myers.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:03 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
This is more than likely the truth but what fun is that. There is actually a bit of shadiness surrounding Bettman and his dealings with owners and struggling franchises. The Nashville and Minnesota sale were a bit dubious and a couple NHL owners have gone to jail for illegal business practices, or at least brought charges against. At the top of any billion dollar entity, there is an environment outside the publics eye ripe for nefarious back room deals, whether that be in sports leagues, corporations, or governments. The only people who get screwed out of fixing a lottery are the fans of other teams, and the league showed how much it cares for the fans in general this past year.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:46 PM
FLYguy3911

Our first is getting traded. I can feel it now.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Time to unload our 2013 and 2014 picks for rentals.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
If we tank for Jones, Pens fans wouldn't stop about us tanking just like them. How bout we go on a run, barely miss the playoffs, then win the lottery instead?

Old
03-31-2013, 08:02 PM
snoop88

this is legitimately depressing.

this team is ****ing up their future right before our eyes. this has been my worst fear for a couple weeks now and its coming true.

we'll sneak into the 8th-9th seed, get demolished in the first round. Snider and Homer are gonna "go for it" and trade off our assets. Have nothing to look forward in the draft, no solutions to defense or goaltending in free agency. Boom we slowly turn into the new Calgary Flames.
Mediocrity reigns.

some of the people on this board are too dumb to see the forrest from the trees.
all they care about is the instant gratification.

there is no payoff in the end for this pointless "hot streak"

Old
03-31-2013, 08:03 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
If we tank for Jones, Pens fans wouldn't stop about us tanking just like them. How bout we go on a run, barely miss the playoffs, then win the lottery instead?
I don't think management would legitimately tank. I don't think Pittsburgh tanked for Crosby and all them but they did for Mario back in the day.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:06 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop88 View Post
this is legitimately depressing.

this team is ****ing up their future right before our eyes. this has been my worst fear for a couple weeks now and its coming true.

we'll sneak into the 8th-9th seed, get demolished in the first round. Snider and Homer are gonna "go for it" and trade off our assets. Have nothing to look forward in the draft, no solutions to defense or goaltending in free agency. Boom we slowly turn into the new Calgary Flames.
Mediocrity reigns.

some of the people on this board are too dumb to see the forrest from the trees.
all they care about is the instant gratification.

there is no payoff in the end for this pointless "hot streak"

go away.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Dr. Octagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
go away.
He's wrong? Seems pretty accurate to me

Old
03-31-2013, 08:35 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
go away.
lol. 3 games ago everyone couldn't wait to land one of the top 3. Now that we've won two and a row and gotten points in the last 3 it's all like "We can win the cup!!!!"

It's kinda ridiculous. The guy you're criticizing is entitled to his opinion. He's also entitled to not have some kind of massive Pittsburgh related inferiority complex which 90% of people here seem to have to the point where you'd all like to ruin Pittsburgh's season even if means striking a blow to our future too.

Don't tell him to go away just because he has a different point of view than you.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
lol. 3 games ago everyone couldn't wait to land one of the top 3. Now that we've won two and a row and gotten points in the last 3 it's all like "We can win the cup!!!!"

It's kinda ridiculous. The guy you're criticizing is entitled to his opinion. He's also entitled to not have some kind of massive Pittsburgh related inferiority complex which 90% of people here seem to have to the point where you'd all like to ruin Pittsburgh's season even if means striking a blow to our future too.

Don't tell him to go away just because he has a different point of view than you.
he is entitled to his opinion and I still dont think this is a playoff team. People act like this team ought to go out and lose on purpose.
i think we all know this team has to much talent to suck enough to get a top 2 or 3 pick. Getting it would be nice but I am not expecting it.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:42 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:

A different point of view is fine but this guy is in the GDT insulting people who are happy with the comeback. It's childish and immature.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:46 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
he is entitled to his opinion and I still dont think this is a playoff team. People act like this team ought to go out and lose on purpose.
i think we all know this team has to much talent to suck enough to get a top 2 or 3 pick. Getting it would be nice but I am not expecting it.
I don't want them to try to lose, but I'm still pissed that they won (yes I'm aware that makes no sense lol). I'm afraid this season is going to end w/ like the 13th overall pick which is just dreadful. Not high enough to get a guaranteed impact player, and you missed the playoffs too.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:52 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
I don't want them to try to lose, but I'm still pissed that they won (yes I'm aware that makes no sense lol). I'm afraid this season is going to end w/ like the 13th overall pick which is just dreadful. Not high enough to get a guaranteed impact player, and you missed the playoffs too.
Well this team only has 4 road wins and is somehow 2 points out of a playoff spot. 7 road games left and they have not really played well on the road.
I really dont know whats going to happen tradewise the next few days. what is there 3 points separating 8-13? crazy.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:54 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
A league that is mostly white and an afterthought in the minds of most African Americans in the United States.
The NBA is 90% black and more white people watch that than hockey.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:59 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Well this team only has 4 road wins and is somehow 2 points out of a playoff spot. 7 road games left and they have not really played well on the road.
I really dont know whats going to happen tradewise the next few days. what is there 3 points separating 8-13? crazy.
I'll call it right now: Homer will make a splash. At the very least a minor acquisition, more likely something bigger. We will still flounder down the stretch and finish ~13th and obviously we won't get that lucky in the lottery.

We'll see how good I am

Old
03-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

What would Philadelphia teams be without the constant headaches they give us!

Closed Thread