HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 08:32 PM
Lions999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Rangers, Habs and Bruins are in for Clowe, I don't see him waiving his NTC for NY, rumor has it that he was a habs fan in his youth, it seems we have good odds of seeing clowe in a habs jersey.
I don`t see Clowe going to rangers they are messed up...

Old
03-31-2013, 08:40 PM
Lshap

Honestly, why do people believe the Habs would trade our future foundation on defense of Beaulieu or Tinordi? And why would anyone want to?

The other thing about trades is that we should expect absolutely nothing or very little in the next three days. It would take a major swap to improve our club that's currently near the top, and I don't see MB ruining the existing great chemistry and tossing a major piece of our roster for the hope of even greater chemistry. Makes no sense. Our standards have become very high.

Yes, I can see adding a size-based bandaid player to address our 'toughness' issues, but only if it has zero effect on our future. People love the idea of Clowe, but I don't want him if he costs anything more than a 3rd-round pick.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:41 PM
vokiel
#FireBergerrien

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtotheO View Post
I'd go for Fistric or Erskine.
Erskine is on IR and I doubt the caps trade him being ~1 point away from a spot in the playoffs.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:46 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 192
Wishlist:
1) Jaromir Jagr
2) Mark Streit
3) Big body, top 9 player that can put the puck in the net

I've heard of Dallas being interested in re-signing Jagr, but I really hope they end up trading him and Montreal is in on it. Jagr and Plekanec playing together would be magic.

Islanders are in a playoff position, but if something happens, I hope we're in on Streit depending on the price.

As for the 3rd one, it can be Clowe, it can be someone else that can do the same thing. Just a big body that can play physical and put the puck in the net too.

I'm happy with the way the team looks when completely healthy, and adding some of these pieces would be very good for the playoffs.

03-31-2013, 09:04 PM
skidboot

I think the Habs would deal a pick or 2 but not deal anybody on the roster ala the Pens.

and I think they need another vet Dman, they've relied on the top 5 too much.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:06 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot View Post
I think the Habs would deal a pick or 2 but not deal anybody on the roster ala the Pens.

and I think they need another vet Dman, they've relied on the top 5 too much.
The fact that we have a 1st, three 2nds and two 3rds this year helps a lot.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:08 PM
skidboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
The fact that we have a 1st, three 2nds and two 3rds this year helps a lot.

absolutely.

just deal the picks, not the players.

how about Smid from Edm?
big body for the D.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:10 PM
Mue

Quote:
how about Smid from Edm?
big body for the D.
On the cusp of signing an extension.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:11 PM
sheed36

Quote:
absolutely.

just deal the picks, not the players.

how about Smid from Edm?
big body for the D.
About to be re-signed by the Oilers according to the main trade rumour board here..

Old
03-31-2013, 09:14 PM
PsychoticHab

Barring crazy injuries by Wednesday, we could use an extra D-Man but that's pretty much it. Anything else would go against Bergevin's style of team first. (Unless he wants to continue molding the team in his image before the off-season which is unlikely)

Old
03-31-2013, 09:15 PM
skidboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
On the cusp of signing an extension.

Thanks Mue.

he's the type of guy I think they need.
We have enough Offense from our Dmen but not anyone who can really get it done in front of the net.

Nice to have that physical presence.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

First of all, he got us a first-round draft pick who was already in the pros, Lars Eller, for a half-time goaltender,

He is also the one who moved up to draft Tinordi,

and also picked Ellis, Beaulieu, Dietz, Gallagher and Hudon.

He traded for Bournival.

got some extra picks while moving Gill and A. Kostitsyn and Cammalleri.

succeeded in convincing Alexei Emelin to come over,

signed free agents Diaz and Budaj.

So while I blame Gauthier for several BAD moves, he also had a part in forging the nucleus of this club.
At the time of the trade Halak was not considered a half time goalie. After a spectacular playoff He was looked upon as a goalie on the verge of becoming first class. Eller may have been a first round pick but there were questions. Gauthier didn't win or lose this trade. He traded an excess asset for an equal quantity in an area we were short. When comparing assets he didn't win the trade.

He may have moved up to get Tinordi but it was Timmins that told him Tinordi was worth it.

He didn't pick Ellis, Hudon, Dietz or Gallagher. Again that was Timmins. There are two fallacies with you attributing the credit for those players to Gauthier.

First fallacy it requires an enormous amount of time to scout just once all the junior players in North America. If Gauthier actually did that then he wasn't performing his GM duties and was wasting Molson's money by having Timmins doing the same thing. Fallacy two if he didn't scout the players then what was he doing giving his input on players he never watched?

He traded O'Byrne for Bournival. The jury on that trade is still out. We could still come out on the losing end.

He got picks for Gill, Andrei K & Cammaleri? Really? You're giving him credit for getting picks? Did he set the bar so low that you expected him to get nothing for those players?

Signing Emelin...okay I'll give him that.

Signing Diaz & Budaj.......I'll give him that also.

So basically that's three. A broken clock is right twice in one day. Gauthier in 2 and a half years was right three times. Once more than a broken clock in one day.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:22 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Eller, Beaulieu and 1st for Vanek

Vanek-Plekanec-Ryder
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Prust-Halpern-Moen

Just dreaming!
More like a nightmare...

Old
03-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Bring back Robidas. Can play on the power play and he's a good hitter too.
This. Me like. Right handed. Same mold of Diaz with a Canon of shot.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:25 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
At the time of the trade Halak was not considered a half time goalie. After a spectacular playoff He was looked upon as a goalie on the verge of becoming first class. Eller may have been a first round pick but there were questions. Gauthier didn't win or lose this trade. He traded an excess asset for an equal quantity in an area we were short. When comparing assets he didn't win the trade.

He may have moved up to get Tinordi but it was Timmins that told him Tinordi was worth it.

He didn't pick Ellis, Hudon, Dietz or Gallagher. Again that was Timmins. There are two fallacies with you attributing the credit for those players to Gauthier.

First fallacy it requires an enormous amount of time to scout just once all the junior players in North America. If Gauthier actually did that then he wasn't performing his GM duties and was wasting Molson's money by having Timmins doing the same thing. Fallacy two if he didn't scout the players then what was he doing giving his input on players he never watched?

He traded O'Byrne for Bournival. The jury on that trade is still out. We could still come out on the losing end.

He got picks for Gill, Andrei K & Cammaleri? Really? You're giving him credit for getting picks? Did he set the bar so low that you expected him to get nothing for those players?

Signing Emelin...okay I'll give him that.

Signing Diaz & Budaj.......I'll give him that also.

So basically that's three. A broken clock is right twice in one day. Gauthier in 2 and a half years was right three times. Once more than a broken clock in one day.
With the benefit of hindsight we could all be geniuses and your evaluations are way off. I don't like Gauthier but you can't be so biased as to not give him any credit. And yes, I think draft choices for Gill and Kostitsyn were a good return... it is more than you would get today.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
I'd love to get Clowe and Giordano at the deadline.

Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher
Clowe-Plekanec-Ryder
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Halpern-Moen

Giordano-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Bouillon

Old
03-31-2013, 10:14 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
With the benefit of hindsight we could all be geniuses and your evaluations are way off. I don't like Gauthier but you can't be so biased as to not give him any credit. And yes, I think draft choices for Gill and Kostitsyn were a good return... it is more than you would get today.
He made some decent moves (very few)...majority were terrible. The moves he didn't make were terrible and the way he ran the franchise was terrible. Bad GM's make decent deals. Gauthier was bad.... And the Halak deal was terrible...and I'll tell you why. The rest of the league had no idea he was available. He also misjudged Eller. Eller simply was not ready and was not the type of player he thought he was getting. Again, he made a some good and decent moves....but the majority were poor. And the bad moves were really bad.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:15 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher
Clowe-Plekanec-Ryder
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Halpern-Moen

Giordano-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Bouillon
Even without Giordano that lineup is solid.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:16 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher
Clowe-Plekanec-Ryder
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Halpern-Moen

Giordano-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Bouillon
We'd have to steal both for me to like those trades....they are absolutely 2 of the guys i want but just dont know how we could do it without parting with some major ****....clowe i think we can get...but giordano that'll be tougher..even with feasters incompetent decision making

Old
03-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Traded13

I'd be happy to get Clowe... and since we like bringing back ex-Habs, I want Staubitz back!! Send Gionta anywhere but here, also.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Even without Giordano that lineup is solid.
I think him and Subban would make a dynamic top pairing and would love to see Gorges and Markov try and play together, but that would be a transition.

Also, I don't think Bourque is going to be back this season tbh and we need a suitable replacement and Clowe fits the bill for me.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
We'd have to steal both for me to like those trades....they are absolutely 2 of the guys i want but just dont know how we could do it without parting with some major ****....clowe i think we can get...but giordano that'll be tougher..even with feasters incompetent decision making
Feaster will be so preoccupied with trading Bouwmeester he might bumble a Giordano trade! hehe one can hope!

Old
03-31-2013, 10:33 PM
Jay Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
We have no idea if bourque or Diaz will be back anytime soon
In fact, it's looking more and more like the team shouldn't be counting on either of them returning this season. I might be a little pessimistic, but post-concussion syndrome can linger ad infinitum if not handled properly. Better to err on the side of caution and depth.

For PO depth, I opt for Clowe and Regehr. Then we're ready for war!

Old
03-31-2013, 10:58 PM
Tyson

Regehr would help. He has a bit left in the tank.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
I'd be happy to get Clowe... and since we like bringing back ex-Habs, I want Staubitz back!! Send Gionta anywhere but here, also.
Why would you want to send Gionta away? He's guy that score about 1 goal every 3 games, regular season OR playoffs throughout his whole career.

He's probably our team best playoffs performer but just because he misses the net too often these days, we should send him away? Bourque, Pacioretty, Eller, DD, Gallagher and Galchenyuk all have 7 playoffs games or under FYI.

Now you want our captain, our most experienced playoffs forwards and our best playoffs performer anywhere but here while 67% of our top 9 have basically no experience at all in the playoffs?

Yeah great thinking there.

Closed Thread