HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If Not Now, When?

Old
03-31-2013, 08:42 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Some smaller moves can be made with picks or mid level prospects. You keep beaulieu and Tinordi. Eveyrone else is available.
That list is too short.

Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Kristo
Beaulieu
Tinordi
Dietz
Bennett
Leblanc
Hudon

Price
Subban
Pacioretty
Emelin
Eller
Prust

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:08 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
That list is too short.

Galchenyuk
Gallagher

Kristo
Beaulieu
Tinordi

Dietz
Bennett
Leblanc
Hudon

Price
Subban
Pacioretty
Emelin
Eller
Prust
I wasn't talking about guys on the team...I wouldn't trade any. But to say Kristo, Leblanc, etc....are not tradable? C'mon

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:33 PM
SouthernHab

For whatever reason, once a player is drafted by Timmins, they become untouchable to a lot of fans and are not to be used in trades to improve this team.

Until they flame out like Leblanc............or not even then. But definitely when they head off into the sunset like the formerly pumped Avstin.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:43 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
For whatever reason, once a player is drafted by Timmins, they become untouchable to a lot of fans and are not to be used in trades to improve this team.

Until they flame out like Leblanc............or not even then. But definitely when they head off into the sunset like the formerly pumped Avstin.
Exactly. As good as Timmins is...he's not going to hit a homerun on everyone. Heard the same crap about Enqvist, Chipchira, Avstin, etc. You can't hang onto every prospect.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:49 PM
Stephpa10

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
DO NOT TRADE THE FUTURE.

The Habs are not in that position yet.
how long do you want to wait an other 5 years,

your team is leading the div with 3/4 of the year, they are for real tired of people saying they are not for real.

i knew we had a good team Martin style was keeping us down along with inj. if you wait 2,3,4,5 years we might not be in the same position our vets getting older, injuries bad trades etc...

not sure what is out there, but i would only try to improve our 4th line(unless some team is offloading a top notch winger/Defence man with some contract left) and get insurance for Diaz, so no trading our 1st, not trading Tinordi, Beaulieu every one else in Hamilton i can live without.

Stephpa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:54 PM
Stephpa10

Quote:
Exactly. As good as Timmins is...he's not going to hit a homerun on everyone. Heard the same crap about Enqvist, Chipchira, Avstin, etc. You can't hang onto every prospect.
prospects i would consider moving 1st

Kristo
Leblanc
Bournival
Dumont
Colberg
Quailer
Bennett
Pateryn

i wouldn't mind any of these guys going to improve team, yeah i would like to keep Kristo and Leblanc but we are going to need to give something to get something.

Stephpa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:57 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
how long do you want to wait an other 5 years,

your team is leading the div with 3/4 of the year, they are for real tired of people saying they are not for real.

i knew we had a good team Martin style was keeping us down along with inj. if you wait 2,3,4,5 years we might not be in the same position our vets getting older, injuries bad trades etc...

not sure what is out there, but i would only try to improve our 4th line(unless some team is offloading a top notch winger/Defence man with some contract left) and get insurance for Diaz, so no trading our 1st, not trading Tinordi, Beaulieu every one else in Hamilton i can live without.
Markov is aging before our eyes and this is a half season. No way Markov can play at this level next year for a full season.

Plekanec is getting older. Ryder might not be here because he may be playing himself out of here and into a very good contract elsewhere. Gionta will soon be past his prime.

Price is not going to get any better if anyone wants to use that excuse. We have a very short window of opportunity with the talent we have on the ice this season.

Next year will look different. It would be a shame to waste this opportunity.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:59 PM
herashak

vCash: 50
i think habs fans are doing themselves a disservice by thinking they cant win now. the canadiens have a great goaltender, are a top 4 dman away from a great defense, and im not sure about the offence but with the influx of young talent i think it has a perfect mix of vets and young guys. if i was the canadiens i would be very open to trying to win now. by bringing in guys who will be able to pitch in for 2-3 more years. you can only have these young guys on there cheap contracts for so long.
*sorry if it is hard to read i wrote it on my phone

herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:10 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephpa10 View Post
prospects i would consider moving 1st

Kristo
Leblanc
Bournival
Dumont
Colberg
Quailer
Bennett
Pateryn

i wouldn't mind any of these guys going to improve team, yeah i would like to keep Kristo and Leblanc but we are going to need to give something to get something.
I'm not too keen on trading Kristo or Collberg and to a lesser extent Bournival unless the return's ridiculous. I'd put Ellis and Nygren on that list. I think we've got such great depth for D prospects we can stand to lose a few and still be in great shape.

Really want all to keep all 3 2nd rounders while some how still getting Clowe. I wonder if there's quite the bidding war between us and Boston for us. Can't help but think Boston will want him at all costs.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:31 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
That list is too short.

Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Kristo
Beaulieu
Tinordi
Dietz
Bennett
Leblanc
Hudon

Price
Subban
Pacioretty
Emelin
Eller
Prust
Leblanc is worthless and likely a bust.

I'd trade him in a minute.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:35 AM
bsl

Quote:
I wasn't talking about guys on the team...I wouldn't trade any. But to say Kristo, Leblanc, etc....are not tradable? C'mon
I'd be worried about trading Kristo, very worried.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:03 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Yeah, I'm not moving Kristo.

Kristo, Tinordi, Beaulieu, one of Ellis/Dietz, Collberg, Hudon, and Bozon (like his game) are players right now I wouldn't be dealing.

I'd move Thrower in a heartbeat tbh but this season might have hurt his stock.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote