HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Bishop for Curtis Glencross

Old
03-31-2013, 09:29 PM
bigfatfist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I wouldn't trade GlenX for Michalek.
HAHHAHAHAHAHA. Michalek is bigger, faster and has been scoring more for longer. Don't worry, that trade would never be offered.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:31 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatfist View Post
HAHHAHAHAHAHA. Michalek is bigger, faster and has been scoring more for longer. Don't worry, that trade would never be offered.
I'd say they're on par actually. Michalek definitely has a better offensive game to him, but Glencross is more developed in terms of his two-way game. Glencross is also on a much better contract. Michalek's salary is bumping up to 6 mil soon.

http://capgeek.com/player/128

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:32 PM
trobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem trading him. If he were willing to waive, I'd go for it. Just not for Bishop (Again, unless something else were added)
Bishop + Da Costa + 3rd + 8x10 Framed Autographed picture of Iginla. Inscribed with "Thank You Fans - Flame Forever", with a heart around the "Flame Forever".

Deal?

trobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:32 PM
EJsens1

Quote:
So we should trade everyone and tank for a few years? Man thats a pathetic thought process.
How would you suggest the team rebuilds then? Through trades and UFA? Hope all your mid level first round picks become top 6 forwards and top pairing dman? Maybe I'm wrong, but more of the same strategy doesn't seem to be working. Explain how the flames will rebuild and become a legitimate Stanley Cup contender with the way things are right now without bottoming out like Pittsburgh, Chicago and Edmonton have? I'm very curious to see your response...

EJsens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:33 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatfist View Post
He can be as fast as he wants in the last 158 games Michalek has 55 goals or a goals per game pace of .348 and GlenX has 64 goals in 177 games for goals per game of .361 and GlenX makes 2 million less. I don't care when Michalek was drafted or what he did 8 years ago right now recently Glencross is the better deal.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobby View Post
Bishop + Da Costa + 3rd
Honestly, I don't think this is as bad as most Flames fans here make it out to be. HOWEVER, I would much rather look elsewhere if it meant getting a better forward/defenseman prospect, rather than a goalie.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:34 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Calgary is better off keeping him if that's the case.
That's why I said keep him.

Curtinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:36 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJsens1 View Post
How would you suggest the team rebuilds then? Through trades and UFA? Hope all your mid level first round picks become top 6 forwards and top pairing dman? Maybe I'm wrong, but more of the same strategy doesn't seem to be working. Explain how the flames will rebuild and become a legitimate Stanley Cup contender with the way things are right now without bottoming out like Pittsburgh, Chicago and Edmonton have? I'm very curious to see your response...
I think we need to trade vets but not all vets it would be a joke to tank and sure it works for some teams. But Chicago took 20 years to rebuild, NYI are still trying to rebuild, Florida is still trying to rebuild. Top picks does not equal success and simply trading away everyone for picks and prospects is a poor choice. You need Vets that help the kids and give them the right attitude and make sure they have to work for minutes and don't simply expect to be in the top 6.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:36 PM
Kezia
Benny

This thread

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:38 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:

The Flames will most assuredly finish in the bottom five for the foreseeable future. And they'll be building through the draft. But rebuilding doesn't mean icing a roster of complete garbage and rookies.

Good organizations; clubs that don't want a culture of losing permeating around them, try to maintain a certain level of professionalism and competitiveness. Yes, the Flames won't be winning anything for a while, but that doesn't mean they should aim for last place year in, year out.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:38 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobby View Post
Bishop + Da Costa + 3rd + 8x10 Framed Autographed picture of Iginla. Inscribed with "Thank You Fans - Flame Forever", with a heart around the "Flame Forever".

Deal?
They rather the pick say "**** you Boston"

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:39 PM
Some Other Flame

And how on earth is this still classified as a rumour when it's clearly speculation?

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:41 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
And how on earth is this still classified as a rumour when it's clearly speculation?
HFboards needs a separate tag for Garrioch.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:42 PM
stempniaksen

Quote:
HFboards needs a separate tag for Garrioch.
Finally something Sens and Flames fans can agree on

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:44 PM
EJsens1

Quote:
I think we need to trade vets but not all vets it would be a joke to tank and sure it works for some teams. But Chicago took 20 years to rebuild, NYI are still trying to rebuild, Florida is still trying to rebuild. Top picks does not equal success and simply trading away everyone for picks and prospects is a poor choice. You need Vets that help the kids and give them the right attitude and make sure they have to work for minutes and don't simply expect to be in the top 6.
I can respect the veteran aspect, but going forward you need to use the chips you can. He can get you some good pieces. Considering the Flames drafting and development history for about 20 years with picks between 6-20, getting the cream of the crop picks seems like a route needed. We can simply agree to disagree I guess. Good luck with your rebuild then.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:45 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I can respect the veteran aspect, but going forward you need to use the chips you can. He can get you some good pieces. Considering the Flames drafting and development history for about 20 years with picks between 6-20, getting the cream of the crop picks seems like a route needed. We can simply agree to disagree I guess. Good luck with your rebuild then.
That sounds fine to me.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
If I were Ottawa, I wouldn't trade Bishop until the off-season, unless it's a significant player. Glencross is good, but I don't know if that would be enough for me. I know they still have Lehner, and it is an asset in a position where they have a surplus, but if Anderson gets hurt again, or is ineffective, I'd rather have that option available.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Henrik To Daniel

Silfverberg, 1st, Bishop for Glencross

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EJsens1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post

The Flames will most assuredly finish in the bottom five for the foreseeable future. And they'll be building through the draft. But rebuilding doesn't mean icing a roster of complete garbage and rookies.

Good organizations; clubs that don't want a culture of losing permeating around them, try to maintain a certain level of professionalism and competitiveness. Yes, the Flames won't be winning anything for a while, but that doesn't mean they should aim for last place year in, year out.
Considering some of the stupid contracts they have given to guys, they'll always have some veterans around to keep this level of professionalism and competitiveness you claim good organizations have. For the last time though, Glencross is one of the ones with a contract teams will like. I'm not saying dump him for blah, blah and blah.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
I love when people hate on Bruce. He is far more connected then people give him credit for. Called a number of trades and signings before anyone else.
And yet he showed zero interest in researching the fact Glenncross has an NMC and is adamant about staying put. There is one team he MIGHT accept a trade to - the Oilers - and that's IF he doesn't hold a grudge about not being re-signed there. Then there's the fact it's EDM and CAL, so the likelihood a deal would be made is next to zero. The guy has a ranch in Provost if I'm not mistaken, likes the country life and likes where he's at. Rebuild or not, this guy remains a Flame for the duration of his contract.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:50 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Silfverberg, 1st, Bishop for Glencross
I would take that and run. Huge no from the Sens.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:53 PM
EJsens1

Quote:
I would take that and run. Huge no from the Sens.
Ottawa wouldn't trade silfverberg straight up for Glencross. Every Sens fan will tell you that.

Old
03-31-2013, 09:57 PM
SaintMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Calling Glencross a 25 goal scorer because he scored 25 goals once is a bit of a stretch.
24 goals in 79 games
26 goals in 67 games
14 goals in 31 so far this year

Did he really need to score 1 more goal 2 years ago for us to call him a 25 goal scorer?

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
24 goals in 79 games
26 goals in 67 games
14 goals in 31 so far this year

Did he really need to score 1 more goal 2 years ago for us to call him a 25 goal scorer?
This is the trade forum of HF. No need for logic here!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
This is the trade forum of HF. No need for logic here!
Exactly.