HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it Wed yet?

Old
03-31-2013, 11:04 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Hi guys! WELL, I thought this game was a MOSTLY.....MOSTLY good effort. I think we saw the team float around in the last 10 or so minutes of the third. We certainly had the chances to have Buffalo go up, yes. Gotta gear up for next time. Don't dwell.

TCRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Sean McG
Grigorenkensons

vCash: 500
G:
- No points
- Only 12 more games
- 2nd last game before the deadline
- I agree with Rolston, one of the better games they've played under him. They had chances and Khudobin played phenomenal. Obviously the third was bad, but they were on par all game.
- Thought Myers was pretty solid.

B:
- The stupid combination embellishment + actual penalty calls. Really don't understand how the refs can say Ott saw the biggest guy in the league coming at him from behind and voluntarily launched his face in to the boards. The call on Seguin was bad, too.
- Apparently if you're a talented young center on this team who shockingly isn't strong in his own zone, you get stuck on the 4th line. Who cares if you're second on the team in goals and points?

Sean McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:05 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

G: One day closer to the end of our season

B: Not sure we can send out enough players in worthwhile trades to make the majority of us happy

U: CoHo on the fourth line... I understand the rationale for Hecht centering Ott and Pommers in that game, but why isn't CoHo with scoring wingers? Not that it matters, it's all basically deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:09 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Brian Duff ‏@duffersabres 1m

“@BuffaloSabres: @Mike6Weber after tonight's gm http://******/jC9YE ” i want to add - weber is plus or even in 16 of last 17 gp. #solid

Weber has had a nice season. I hope this continues.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:12 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post

“@BuffaloSabres: @Mike6Weber after tonight's gm http://******/jC9YE ” i want to add - weber is plus or even in 16 of last 17 gp. #solid

I wonder if teams have been interested in him. I wouldn't mind keeping him, though.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:14 PM
Dubi Doo

Myers played good...

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:18 PM
dan213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post

That might have something to do with him usually being in the box when the other team scores...

I've never been so bored by a hockey team. This is at the Trent Edward's Bills level of boringness for me.

dan213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:05 AM
sand1138man

seriously.....
g- miller, but honestly he gets paid to make up for teams bad mistakes, and he didn't tonight on those goals, not saying he should have a shut out every game, but none all year? obviously our defense is awful, so I can't really expect much from any other goalie, but if we could pay a guy less who will get the same results then maybe we could afford to buy some more offense.

b- ONCE AGAIN, folding in the third period. what can you even say anymore? this team seems to have a chance to win EVERY NIGHT after the second period, and break down mentally every night....even on nights where they win in OT, they usually had a lead until late in the third and gave up a tying goal

u- right now - pominville, the teams attitude is horrendous and listening to them talk, it sounds like they don't care at all. i mean from TERRY down (not that we ever hear him talk anymore), also rolston does not seem like a good coach, but how good of a poker player would you be if you had a 2,6,7,9,10 and had to somhow go out there every hand and bluff your opponents into folding. (especially when your opponents know you have nothing)

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
Anyone catch Pommer's post game interview. Did he seem sort of shaken to anyone else?
I noticed that too.

I wonder if it was hitting Pommers that that may have been his last game in the Sabres home uni.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Squantosawuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
I wonder if teams have been interested in him. I wouldn't mind keeping him, though.
He is from Pittsburgh.

Speaking of Pittsburgh....

Is it too early to start the Pittsburgh GBU?

I'll start:

G:
Ott

B:
Waiting until 8th goal to pull Miller

U:
Florida, Colorado & Tampa forfeit all remaining games.

Last edited by Squantosawuss: 04-01-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:11 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
They did contain the Bruins well almost all night and it was some Leopold-like defense from Sekera and both their young centers chasing that lead to both goals against. Rolston was clearly concerned by Hodgson's defensive game against a team like the Bruins. It's part of the growing pains he and Ennis will have to go through.
Cody is in the doghouse. It's no secret. He was on the ice for 1:20 on one shift that led to a Caps goal, saw three shifts after that in the third against Washington, one shift :11 seconds and the other :21 seconds, and didn't get a second on the ice during the final four minutes of play.

He was then relegated to fourth line vs Boston. Rolston has been doing that since he got here. Cody deserves it. It wasn't about showcasing Hecht, and Ron can say what he wants about "gettin Jochen with Ott and Pommer"... But he clearly has Hodgson in the ******* right now.

Lets see if coho pouts or plays his way out of it.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Criispen

G

U

Criispen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:54 AM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Cody is in the doghouse. It's no secret. He was on the ice for 1:20 on one shift that led to a Caps goal, saw three shifts after that in the third against Washington, one shift :11 seconds and the other :21 seconds, and didn't get a second on the ice during the final four minutes of play.

He was then relegated to fourth line vs Boston. Rolston has been doing that since he got here. Cody deserves it. It wasn't about showcasing Hecht, and Ron can say what he wants about "gettin Jochen with Ott and Pommer"... But he clearly has Hodgson in the ******* right now.

Lets see if coho pouts or plays his way out of it.
\

On the defensive side of things, yes. However, with Vanek and Leino already out, putting your team's second leading scorer on the fourth line is tantamount to saying you don't want to score goals.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:13 AM
dlonce

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan View Post
\

On the defensive side of things, yes. However, with Vanek and Leino already out, putting your team's second leading scorer on the fourth line is tantamount to saying you don't want to score goals.
The almighty Coho is one of the worst players in the defensive zone I have ever seen. He's also terrible in the offensive zone. He gives the puck away often by attempting to carry into the zone while being hounded by defensive players. He's a liability,period.

I thought him to be a Tim Connelly clone, but Connelly played defense better. I don't believe he will ever grasp the defensive side of hockey.

We need some quicker players and a QB on the point. Coho is useless.

dlonce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:36 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Sometimes I can't help but feel like we should just let Myers go nuts and be something like a 4th forward. There appears to be a correlation between his overall level of play with relation to his aggressiveness on offense.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:37 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlonce View Post
The almighty Coho is one of the worst players in the defensive zone I have ever seen. He's also terrible in the offensive zone. He gives the puck away often by attempting to carry into the zone while being hounded by defensive players. He's a liability,period.

I thought him to be a Tim Connelly clone, but Connelly played defense better. I don't believe he will ever grasp the defensive side of hockey.

We need some quicker players and a QB on the point. Coho is useless.

You have any more jokes?

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:58 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Costanza View Post
UGLY: Rolston quoted as saying, "I thought that was probably one of our best games since I’ve been here."

WHAT?

I don't care about defensive prowess. You got no goals, Ron.
Caught that too. He reminds me so much of the milk toast era of Levy.

MacOfNiagara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:37 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Sometimes I can't help but feel like we should just let Myers go nuts and be something like a 4th forward. There appears to be a correlation between his overall level of play with relation to his aggressiveness on offense.
He needs a buckle down tight defensive guy with him. .

TCRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:22 PM
TheHoff

Sekera with his two mistakes to give us another loss. yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Exactly what I'm thinking all season long. Mike Milbury said this in one of his "analysis", but I think that he's right in this point - Myers sometimes pinches way to aggressive or lead the rush way to deep in the offensive zone without having even the chance of creating a good play out of these situations. Don't know what's wrong with this guy.

TheHoff is offline   Reply With Quote