HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any season ticket holders calling in for a seating upgrade this week?

Old
08-13-2006, 12:11 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Any season ticket holders calling in for a seating upgrade this week?

I'm supposed to call in tomorrow. For anyone who called in already did you have success? I'm guessing it will be dificult to get much of an upgrade this year due to the teams' improvement last season. Then again, prices are up 16% so some may be forced to drop their subscriptions...although probably not very many.

I'm also trying to purchase an additional pair of seats (to get 4 together) but I bet that will be difficult as well. Not sure if there's really any point to getting two pairs in different locations. Kind of defeats the point of getting more seats to be able to bring more people to the game, but then having to sit apart.

Here's another question, would you rather sit in section 111 or 210? What about 111 vs. 209?

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 12:47 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I downgraded my seats this season....I was in section 92, Row F, seats 1+2 (its the first row in the "split" between the floor and the upper section.) I was very happy with them so I know sure those are available (I just downgraded yesterday).

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 12:51 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I downgraded my seats this season....I was in section 92, Row F, seats 1+2 (its the first row in the "split" between the floor and the upper section.) I was very happy with them so I know sure those are available (I just downgraded yesterday).
Where'd you move to, FLYline?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 12:53 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Where'd you move to, FLYline?

Old
08-13-2006, 12:56 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Is that the Lundqvist side or the visiting team side?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 12:57 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Is that the Lundqvist side or the visiting team side?
Lundvist's

Old
08-13-2006, 01:07 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Those are very nice seats, but anything over $70/ticket is out of my price range. Did you specifically request those seats behind Lundqvist, or were those the best that were available in that price range?

Old
08-13-2006, 01:12 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Then again, prices are up 16% so some may be forced to drop their subscriptions...although probably not very many.
seats really didn't go up 16% unless last year was the first year you had tix. last year we had a one time 10% discount, they took that discount away and then raised the prices 4-5%.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 01:19 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
seats really didn't go up 16% unless last year was the first year you had tix. last year we had a one time 10% discount, they took that discount away and then raised the prices 4-5%.
Thus increasing ticket prices by 16%. You can sugar coat it all you want, but the reality is ticket prices were increased across the board by 16% from the year before. No point in us arguing over it anyway as the prices are what they are...and that's not really the point of this thread.

Old
08-13-2006, 01:29 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Those are very nice seats, but anything over $70/ticket is out of my price range. Did you specifically request those seats behind Lundqvist, or were those the best that were available in that price range?

Best available in that range. Would have liked tix on the other side where the Rangers shoot twice but its not as bad as its been in previous years (with Dunham in net)....at least I get to watch Lundqvist make unbelievable saves.

Old
08-13-2006, 02:07 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Best available in that range. Would have liked tix on the other side where the Rangers shoot twice but its not as bad as its been in previous years (with Dunham in net)....at least I get to watch Lundqvist make unbelievable saves.
I guess I won't be getting an upgrade from my current seats in 112 then...was hoping to move over to 111 or 210. Looks like that's not happening this year. Considering the team is on the way up there might not be much available for quite a while.

Old
08-13-2006, 05:44 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Thus increasing ticket prices by 16%. You can sugar coat it all you want, but the reality is ticket prices were increased across the board by 16% from the year before. No point in us arguing over it anyway as the prices are what they are...and that's not really the point of this thread.
it is not sugarcoating it you are twisting it to make it seem worse than it really is...

if you go to a department store and they have a coat on sale 25% off and then when the sale ends they put it back to the original price the store did NOT increase the price by 25%, they put it back to the original price. and that is exactly what the rangers did.

my seats in the 400s were $25, then there was a 10% discount much like the sale on a coat that sale ended and it went back to the original price, then it increased from the ORIGINAL $25 to $26, a 4% increase.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 06:28 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I once had a problem getting an upgrade.The season ticket office was giving me a hard time so I wrote a letter to Dave Checketts who was the Garden president at the time.A few days later,the rep who handled my account-I think his name was Mike Hammer or something like that-called me and said Checketts's assistant told them to give me the upgrade to whichever section I wanted

If those bums give you a hard time,write to Steve Mills who runs the Garden

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 06:55 PM
dank

calling to try and upgrade two seats, i think from 125 (been so LONG!)

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Blueshirt13

Quote:
FLY I have tickets in section 115 and might be up for swapping some games if you want to watch a few games on the attacking side. I'll know for certain after this week.

Blueshirt13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2006, 10:13 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'm supposed to call in tomorrow. For anyone who called in already did you have success? I'm guessing it will be dificult to get much of an upgrade this year due to the teams' improvement last season. Then again, prices are up 16% so some may be forced to drop their subscriptions...although probably not very many.

I'm also trying to purchase an additional pair of seats (to get 4 together) but I bet that will be difficult as well. Not sure if there's really any point to getting two pairs in different locations. Kind of defeats the point of getting more seats to be able to bring more people to the game, but then having to sit apart.

Here's another question, would you rather sit in section 111 or 210? What about 111 vs. 209?

If you're gonna be on the corners, I think closer is better.

----

In my own world, since I want to u/g from the 300s to the 200s, it would make sense to me that people may not want to make the $12 per seat increase. So maybe the center section 200s might be available? But then again maybe the people from 100s may trickle up? Wasnt club gold $110 last year?

I think the center section 200s are the best value seat in the house. The Club 100s for me were a complete waste of time. Constant walking in front. Twenty and thirty somethings complaining about how much money they make and how tough their lives are all around.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 06:50 AM
gaglinefan

We are in 300's center 7th Ave. side. No one moved, next best would have been one section over and 8 rows back. When the Rangers started were offering season seats you could still get corner (329, pretty good) 300's, now I don't think there is too much. As far as the increase goes, ours went from $36 to $43, still good value for a good view of the game. I remember sitting in club seats in the 70's for $17. Go Rangers!!

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 06:54 AM
gaglinefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaglinefan View Post
We are in 300's center 7th Ave. side. No one moved, next best would have been one section over and 8 rows back. When the Rangers started were offering season seats you could still get corner (329, pretty good) 300's, now I don't think there is too much. As far as the increase goes, ours went from $36 to $43, still good value for a good view of the game. I remember sitting in club seats in the 70's for $17. Go Rangers!!
Know what you mean abnout the traffic. I always think of something like "Thanks for coming to the game, sit down stupid" but not my style to say that. Where we are the same group used to come late, stand there looking for same seats , I wanted to put out a road map.

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 08:29 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaglinefan View Post
Know what you mean abnout the traffic. I always think of something like "Thanks for coming to the game, sit down stupid" but not my style to say that. Where we are the same group used to come late, stand there looking for same seats , I wanted to put out a road map.
Two things good to say about the Devils in that respect:

1- CAA is set up to prevent walking in front (can I give the Devils credit for that?)
2- The ushers are leftovers from Stalin's regime. NOBODY walks in during play.

Toss a coin at MSG as far as the ushers go. Some really do a nice job. The problem is people(fans?) seem to have no clue where they are and walk in circles.

Old
08-14-2006, 12:26 PM
dank

where our seats were last season were great, section 124, but we were right up towards the front of the section and the people traffic was awful at times.. time to move on up, like the Jeffersons.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 01:53 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I once had a problem getting an upgrade.The season ticket office was giving me a hard time so I wrote a letter to Dave Checketts who was the Garden president at the time.A few days later,the rep who handled my account-I think his name was Mike Hammer or something like that-called me and said Checketts's assistant told them to give me the upgrade to whichever section I wanted

If those bums give you a hard time,write to Steve Mills who runs the Garden
Very cool that they hooked you up...but I'm curious to know what you meant by "had a problem getting an upgrade." From what they say, at least, upgrades are based on tenure and availability. Did you know that seats were available and they didn't want to release them to you?

By the way I got shot down this morning. The best they had available were in 218, 214, 131, and 201.

Old
08-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Two things good to say about the Devils in that respect:

1- CAA is set up to prevent walking in front (can I give the Devils credit for that?)
2- The ushers are leftovers from Stalin's regime. NOBODY walks in during play.

Toss a coin at MSG as far as the ushers go. Some really do a nice job. The problem is people(fans?) seem to have no clue where they are and walk in circles.
Very true, I never thought about it but you have a point. Some seats in MSG are just awful because of people constantly walking in front of you. I've had first row 300-level seats and it was a constant parade of people, very annoying.

Aside from the team and the fans and the atmosphere, CAA is a good place to watch a hockey game.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2006, 02:59 PM
broadwayblue

well hopefully they design the new 8th Ave. MSG with these problems in mind...assuming it ever happens.

Old
08-15-2006, 10:31 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

So was everyone told to call on Monday regardless of their tenure? I only have 2 years full season tenure. I am pretty sure some of you guys have more.

If thats the case, how does tenure really work if we all call the same day?

Old
08-15-2006, 11:25 AM
patnyrnyg

I have sat in the 400's since 1998, and I will never leave. I could win Mega Millions this week and I will keep my seats. The view is great, I can see the entire play, I sit with real fans, and most importantly, noone gets in my sight lines during the play. I have sat all over the place in the arena, and I'll take the 400's anyday of the week and and twice on sunday.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote