HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

How long before the Flames make the playoffs again?

View Poll Results: When will the Calgary Flames make the playoffs again?
1-2 years 5 5.05%
3-5 years 38 38.38%
5-7 years 35 35.35%
7-10 years 5 5.05%
More than 10 years 16 16.16%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Edmonton Oilers (never-ending rebuild)
Are the Oilers not playing "meaningful hockey" right now? The only reason I make a point of it is because that's all we heard from Flames fans from 2010-recently. Over and over and over and over again. And you can take my word for it, rebuildng (or "retooling"/whatever Calgary wants to call it) SUCKS. I have to say though, watching your fanbase do a complete and total 180 on "rebuilding" has been funny.

Quote:
otherwise we'll be in Toronto Maple Leafs/Edmonton Oilers territory!
Toronto is a lock for the playoffs right now and even the Oilers are making a surprising go at it.

I mean your team has already missed the playoffs going on 4 straight years. The Flames have only won 3 playoff rounds since 1989, all in the same year. Flames fans don't have any right to be condescending to the Leafs and Oilers, especially now.

Look I'm not trying to be a dick but these situations often come full circle. Oilers fans have taken an unbelievable amount of abuse from Flames fans in the past decade, the shoe's almost on the other foot if it isn't already.

Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:44 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
Are the Oilers not playing "meaningful hockey" right now? The only reason I make a point of it is because that's all we heard from Flames fans from 2010-recently. Over and over and over and over again. And you can take my word for it, rebuildng (or "retooling"/whatever Calgary wants to call it) SUCKS. I have to say though, watching your fanbase do a complete and total 180 on "rebuilding" has been funny.

Toronto is a lock for the playoffs right now and even the Oilers are making a surprising go at it.

I mean your team has already missed the playoffs going on 4 straight years. The Flames have only won 3 playoff rounds since 1989, all in the same year. Flames fans don't have any right to be condescending to the Leafs and Oilers, especially now.

Look I'm not trying to be a dick but these situations often come full circle. Oilers fans have taken an unbelievable amount of abuse from Flames fans in the past decade, the shoe's almost on the other foot if it isn't already.
The shoe's on the other foot. I voted 7-10, so you can tell how optimistic I am.

Enjoy rubbing it in!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:00 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
The shoe's on the other foot. I voted 7-10, so you can tell how optimistic I am.

Enjoy rubbing it in!
Oh I will.

Seriously, why are HFBoards Flames fans such better sports than the ones at CP?

Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Johnny Budwick

4-5 years at the worst.

They got a lot of work to do to even think of playoffs, in that extremely competitive western conference.

6-7 years to be a solid playoff team.

Last edited by Johnny Budwick: 03-31-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Johnny Budwick is offline   Reply With Quote