HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 10:14 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
What would it cost to get Shawn Matthias from Florida:

Old
03-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Dannyhab

Can someone explain to me why all this talk about Clowe? A 30 year old winger for San Jose who has no goals this year? Sure I see he has size but enlighten me please. Has he expressed interest in Mtl or something?

Old
03-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyhab View Post
Can someone explain to me why all this talk about Clowe? A 30 year old winger for San Jose who has no goals this year? Sure I see he has size but enlighten me please. Has he expressed interest in Mtl or something?
He's big. Thats the reason.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:27 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
how often to players express interest in another team mid season when they are on another team?....let me answer that for you NONE

Old
03-31-2013, 10:32 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
As mentioned, size and toughness. He's also pretty much the only winger without a bad contract who can play in the top 6 known to be fully available.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
He's big. Thats the reason.
Why the shakehead?

Yes he is big, we never get too much of those.. and he plays big.

He also have plenty of playoffs experience, we also in big need of that.

He performs quite well in the playoffs. You don't want that?

Yes, he has 0 goal this season but I think we all know that he's capable of much better and maybe he is just snakebitten. And with a production like that, maybe he will come cheaper than a 10-15g player.

I would also wouldn't be surprised that we could give him an extension if things go well with him and us here.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:38 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
He's handsome.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:40 PM
habtastic

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is Clowe not offensively inert this season (and not like he's an Art Ross contender otherwise)? As much as I get frustrated with Gio, he does play an important role that would only be evidenced by removing him and seeing what happens with a Clowe.

I totally get that Clowe hits and crashes, and I'm fine with acquiring him using picks, but I don't see him making the Ryder-Plek-___ line more effective offensively than Gionta. Remember, Gio is fast and backchecks all the time. It allows Pleks a little more freedom. I don't mind Clowe playing a Prust like role, but we already have Prust and if we are so lucky to get RB back, I'm even more confused about our lineup. I like Prust in the top 9. I guess juggling would have to occur.

Is it certain that Bourque won't return or is it just concussion unpredictable status?

Old
03-31-2013, 10:45 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

What would we have to give up for Jason Pominville? He could be a really good top 6 winger for us for this spring.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:47 PM
Habit11

So if they are fully healthy (including Bourque) and acquire Clowe, who sits? The 3 most likely to sit then imo, would be Galchenyuk/Armstrong/White. Is that a good guess for scratches?

Old
03-31-2013, 10:48 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
What would we have to give up for Jason Pominville? He could be a really good top 6 winger for us for this spring.
Yeah.. plus he's french.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:49 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but is Clowe not offensively inert this season (and not like he's an Art Ross contender otherwise)? As much as I get frustrated with Gio, he does play an important role that would only be evidenced by removing him and seeing what happens with a Clowe.

I totally get that Clowe hits and crashes, and I'm fine with acquiring him using picks, but I don't see him making the Ryder-Plek-___ line more effective offensively than Gionta. Remember, Gio is fast and backchecks all the time. It allows Pleks a little more freedom. I don't mind Clowe playing a Prust like role, but we already have Prust and if we are so lucky to get RB back, I'm even more confused about our lineup. I like Prust in the top 9. I guess juggling would have to occur.

Is it certain that Bourque won't return or is it just concussion unpredictable status?
If we get Clowe I'd play him with Prust and Eller. It would make one hell of a third line, tough to play against. Not sure Galchy is ready for the playoffs.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:54 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Looks like Smid is off the market. I'm pretty damn sure the habs aren't looking for a D anymore. The auditions for the core in Hamilton is for knowing them better in case they need them in the playoffs.

They were probably never going to overpay for anybody. Clowe included. 3 days left to prove me wrong.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
He skated today, so clearly there's still a fairly solid chance he returns this season. But with a concussion, you just never know.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:01 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Why would you want to send Gionta away? He's guy that score about 1 goal every 3 games, regular season OR playoffs throughout his whole career.

He's probably our team best playoffs performer but just because he misses the net too often these days, we should send him away? Bourque, Pacioretty, Eller, DD, Gallagher and Galchenyuk all have 7 playoffs games or under FYI.

Now you want our captain, our most experienced playoffs forwards and our best playoffs performer anywhere but here while 67% of our top 9 have basically no experience at all in the playoffs?

Yeah great thinking there.
For some very odd reason which defy logic, some people are dead set against Gionta and/or Desharnais. That's why.

Quote:
Let's see... last 3-4 years prior to this shorten season:
  • 45-60 points per season
  • 17-24 goals per season
  • 9-15 fights per season
  • 100-150 hits per season

Now put that on a 6'2" 225 lbs frame, on a guy who doesn't mind going in the tough areas, a guy who excels along the boards, a leader (wears the A)... That'd be why.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:02 PM
InglewoodJack

Any interest for Fleishman on the cheap?

Old
03-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
For some very odd reason which defy logic, some people are dead set against Gionta and/or Desharnais. That's why.

Let's see... last 3-4 years prior to this shorten season:
  • 45-60 points per season
  • 17-24 goals per season
  • 9-15 fights per season
  • 100-150 hits per season

Now put that on a 6'2" 225 lbs frame, on a guy who doesn't mind going in the tough areas, a guy who excels along the boards, a leader (wears the A)... That'd be why.
Basically Bourque's stats without all the fights and about 15lbs.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Any interest for Fleishman on the cheap?
No to Versteeg, Fleishman or Pominville. Don't need small soff forwards. Clowe, Clarkson, Jagr for at most a 2nd and maybe a prospect or bust. We have more needs on D especially if Diaz is not coming back. May need a puck voting and a depth dman.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:13 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kade View Post
No to Versteeg, Fleishman or Pominville. Don't need small soff forwards. Clowe, Clarkson, Jagr for at most a 2nd and maybe a prospect or bust. We have more needs on D especially if Diaz is not coming back. May need a puck voting and a depth dman.
Fleishmann is 6ft2.. but yeah.. he's soft.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:16 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Basically Bourque's stats without all the fights and about 15lbs.
Actually, I was surprised to see that it matches quite closely to... Milan Lucic.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:32 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
What would it cost to get Shawn Matthias from Florida:

The Florida fans I know seem to love him and he's cheap for them. Not happening.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:44 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

I could see Fleishmann being really good with Eller at some point if a playmaker lined up with them, might nullify the defensiveness of the 3rd line though.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:51 PM
InglewoodJack

I think Fleishmann and Eller would be excellent. Florida is clearly going nowhere and they're not going to be building with Fleish. I think a 3rd, or maybe someone like Pateryn could interest Florida, and he'd do wonders in complimenting our scoring. He's having a tough season, but he'll turn it around on a good team.

Although a part of me thinks this team needs something to match Pittsburgh's getting of Iginla. A big splash that turns this team from a maybe contender to a bonafide favourite.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:55 PM
Et le But

Fleischmann has been probably Florida's most consistent player. He'd be a good fit here but he doesn't add to the toughness, so like with everyone else it depends on the cost.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:56 PM
DanltQC

I don't want the Canadiens to trade picks or good prospects. Let's build on the future

Closed Thread