HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Chris Neil vs Frazer McLaren fight Mar 30 2013

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2013, 02:49 PM
  #51
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,580
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YunelYESco View Post
yeah, a game misconduct.. that excuse doesn't really work when your a 4th line goon with one minute left in the game.
Ahh, thanks for clearing up what is and what is not a legit excuse. How dare he not want to get suspended.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:54 PM
  #52
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
He already fought Orr and won...............

check out hockey fights . com to see his resume 150+ fights. Orr, Lucic, Domi, Engallend, Chara, etc etc. he doesnt win it all but doesnt back down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MDYqUTacAY

kinda looks like he backs down here, ive seen orr ask neil to fight alot and he always says no. i dont really care that he says no, sometimes he doesn't need to fight sometimes he does, but when its 4-0 and a guy has already fought and its the end of the game and a shift and u do that when these guys ask u to fight all day and all night and u turn them down is just stupid.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:55 PM
  #53
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,806
vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Latvian View Post
But McLaren fighting Kassian was fine?
No. It only works one way.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:10 PM
  #54
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,984
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MDYqUTacAY

kinda looks like he backs down here, ive seen orr ask neil to fight alot and he always says no. i dont really care that he says no, sometimes he doesn't need to fight sometimes he does, but when its 4-0 and a guy has already fought and its the end of the game and a shift and u do that when these guys ask u to fight all day and all night and u turn them down is just stupid.
"lol so why the hell is he acting like a tough guys. If he doesnt wanna fight these guys, which he never does, then why is he poking the bear."

I was alluding to your statement that he never wants to fight these guys.

1. he has fought Orr
2. he tried to fight McLaren at the end of the game.

So, I am not sure why you think he is acting like a tough guy as when you look at his fight card he has fought almost all of the toughest players in the game to date.

Regardless. I am sure he will eventually drop them with McLaren. Actually I would like to see them go. One more game left this season. McLaren will have a def reach advantage so I think Neil will be smart and bring it in close as he has no chance in a long range bomb bout and will most def get beat by Mclaren if he gets to use his reach advantage.

and yes most fighters/grinders/pests have turned down fights in their careers, especially staged ones.

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:33 PM
  #55
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
"lol so why the hell is he acting like a tough guys. If he doesnt wanna fight these guys, which he never does, then why is he poking the bear."

I was alluding to your statement that he never wants to fight these guys.

1. he has fought Orr
2. he tried to fight McLaren at the end of the game.

So, I am not sure why you think he is acting like a tough guy as when you look at his fight card he has fought almost all of the toughest players in the game to date.

Regardless. I am sure he will eventually drop them with McLaren. Actually I would like to see them go. One more game left this season. McLaren will have a def reach advantage so I think Neil will be smart and bring it in close as he has no chance in a long range bomb bout and will most def get beat by Mclaren if he gets to use his reach advantage.

and yes most fighters/grinders/pests have turned down fights in their careers, especially staged ones.
lol ya he tried to fight mclaren when he already fought and its the end of the game/shift. If Mclaren asked him to go in the first period off the draw neil would shy away 100 percent. Even Kassian knew that it wasn't the right time to fight because he didnt really look to eager to fight orr when orr challenged him. Neil fought orr 2 years ago because orr made him. He fought orr later this year because DD got ko'd and he felt the need to fight orr which im sure orr was so suprised that he did wanna fight him because orr asks neil to fight every time they play and the guy says no. Look i know neil is tough and i prob shouldn't of said "why is he trying to be a tough guy" because i know he can throw, but seriously, if your gonna try and start a fight then, you better not back down when they ask you to fight next game in the first period and square off, because everyone knows that there going to be gunning for neil now, so he better not be a ***** and decline them. And if your going to reply to this post please dont say "well hes not a ***** he fights everyone look at his hockey fights blah blah" because i know hes faught tough guys, but dude i watch every leaf and ottawa game, orr literally asks neil to fight each time they play and neil skates away which is probably a smart move for neil and his team because yes he is a better player then orr.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:39 PM
  #56
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
lol ya he tried to fight mclaren when he already fought and its the end of the game/shift. If Mclaren asked him to go in the first period off the draw neil would shy away 100 percent. Even Kassian knew that it wasn't the right time to fight because he didnt really look to eager to fight orr when orr challenged him. Neil fought orr 2 years ago because orr made him. He fought orr later this year because DD got ko'd and he felt the need to fight orr which im sure orr was so suprised that he did wanna fight him because orr asks neil to fight every time they play and the guy says no. Look i know neil is tough and i prob shouldn't of said "why is he trying to be a tough guy" because i know he can throw, but seriously, if your gonna try and start a fight then, you better not back down when they ask you to fight next game in the first period and square off, because everyone knows that there going to be gunning for neil now, so he better not be a ***** and decline them. And if your going to reply to this post please dont say "well hes not a ***** he fights everyone look at his hockey fights blah blah" because i know hes faught tough guys, but dude i watch every leaf and ottawa game, orr literally asks neil to fight each time they play and neil skates away which is probably a smart move for neil and his team because yes he is a better player then orr.
So you're upset that Chris Neil turns players down for fights? He's earned the right to dictate when he wants to fight on his own terms, he's been in the show longer than McLaren and Orr combined. Domi did the same thing during his last years. And going with your reasoning, is McLaren turning down Neil in the 3rd the same thing and just as bad as Neil turning down Orr? You do realize you make no sense and look like a fool to everyone on these forums.. You must be friends with that Renner guy..

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:47 PM
  #57
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,984
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
lol ya he tried to fight mclaren when he already fought and its the end of the game/shift. If Mclaren asked him to go in the first period off the draw neil would shy away 100 percent. Even Kassian knew that it wasn't the right time to fight because he didnt really look to eager to fight orr when orr challenged him. Neil fought orr 2 years ago because orr made him. He fought orr later this year because DD got ko'd and he felt the need to fight orr which im sure orr was so suprised that he did wanna fight him because orr asks neil to fight every time they play and the guy says no. Look i know neil is tough and i prob shouldn't of said "why is he trying to be a tough guy" because i know he can throw, but seriously, if your gonna try and start a fight then, you better not back down when they ask you to fight next game in the first period and square off, because everyone knows that there going to be gunning for neil now, so he better not be a ***** and decline them. And if your going to reply to this post please dont say "well hes not a ***** he fights everyone look at his hockey fights blah blah" because i know hes faught tough guys, but dude i watch every leaf and ottawa game, orr literally asks neil to fight each time they play and neil skates away which is probably a smart move for neil and his team because yes he is a better player then orr.
So because McLaren fought in the first period he was tired? he had 5 minutes of ice time the whole game compared to Neils 15! If Kassian can fight twice in one period I am sure that McLaren can recover after two periods of limited shifts.Pretty sure Neil was out there the whole shift with McLaren playing and hitting just as hard before they had their scrum.............but a moot point it seems.

I agree. I hope they go next game as well. Probably will depend on the score though. Till next time I guess ha.

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:53 PM
  #58
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
So you're upset that Chris Neil turns players down for fights? He's earned the right to dictate when he wants to fight on his own terms, he's been in the show longer than McLaren and Orr combined. Domi did the same thing during his last years. And going with your reasoning, is McLaren turning down Neil in the 3rd the same thing and just as bad as Neil turning down Orr? You do realize you make no sense and look like a fool to everyone on these forums.. You must be friends with that Renner guy..
lol and do you realize that you sound like some upset and embarrassed sens fan crying on this forum page. Relax and stop getting so heated my friend its only a forums website lmao. take it easy

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:55 PM
  #59
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
So because McLaren fought in the first period he was tired? he had 5 minutes of ice time the whole game compared to Neils 15! If Kassian can fight twice in one period I am sure that McLaren can recover after two periods of limited shifts.Pretty sure Neil was out there the whole shift with McLaren playing and hitting just as hard before they had their scrum.............but a moot point it seems.

I agree. I hope they go next game as well. Probably will depend on the score though. Till next time I guess ha.
I agree to i hope they go next game, my only argument was i hope neil takes the fight, but im sure he has to now because of what he did at then end of the night. Should be a good one tho.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 03:57 PM
  #60
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
lol and do you realize that you sound like some upset and embarrassed sens fan crying on this forum page. Relax and stop getting so heated my friend its only a forums website lmao. take it easy
Upset and embarrassed? I can admit what actually happened last night and it doesn't bother me in any way, Toronto dominated Ottawa. Kassian beat Orr, McLaren beat Kassian. Those three things happened, for some reason Toronto likes to change these simple facts around. Why? I don't know, any other fan base would just accept what happened and not try to discredit the most minuscule things from the opposing team.. By the way, you come across as exactly all those things you mention..

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:05 PM
  #61
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
Upset and embarrassed? I can admit what actually happened last night and it doesn't bother me in any way, Toronto dominated Ottawa. Kassian beat Orr, McLaren beat Kassian. Those three things happened, for some reason Toronto likes to change these simple facts around. Why? I don't know, any other fan base would just accept what happened and not try to discredit the most minuscule things from the opposing team.. By the way, you come across as exactly all those things you mention..
lol okay pal, whatever you say bud, ill take the two points. and on a side note if you didn't care you wouldn't be on a hockey forums website wasting your time arguing with me. keep livin the dream tho

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:11 PM
  #62
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
lol okay pal, whatever you say bud, ill take the two points. and on a side note if you didn't care you wouldn't be on a hockey forums website wasting your time arguing with me. keep livin the dream tho
Aren't you doing the same thing?

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:19 PM
  #63
Kylie Sven Opossum
DocClownSucker
 
Kylie Sven Opossum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Wow, neil is so classless. I think i saw him kick a baby in the first. Did you see in the scrum at the end when he punched a puppy in the face? He probably did that because he's scared of phaneuf or something. Neil's a *****. He's scared of everyone. Neil sucks!
This.

Kylie Sven Opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:01 PM
  #64
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
lol ya he tried to fight mclaren when he already fought and its the end of the game/shift. If Mclaren asked him to go in the first period off the draw neil would shy away 100 percent. Even Kassian knew that it wasn't the right time to fight because he didnt really look to eager to fight orr when orr challenged him. Neil fought orr 2 years ago because orr made him. He fought orr later this year because DD got ko'd and he felt the need to fight orr which im sure orr was so suprised that he did wanna fight him because orr asks neil to fight every time they play and the guy says no. Look i know neil is tough and i prob shouldn't of said "why is he trying to be a tough guy" because i know he can throw, but seriously, if your gonna try and start a fight then, you better not back down when they ask you to fight next game in the first period and square off, because everyone knows that there going to be gunning for neil now, so he better not be a ***** and decline them. And if your going to reply to this post please dont say "well hes not a ***** he fights everyone look at his hockey fights blah blah" because i know hes faught tough guys, but dude i watch every leaf and ottawa game, orr literally asks neil to fight each time they play and neil skates away which is probably a smart move for neil and his team because yes he is a better player then orr.
So its OK for McLaren to fight a guy like Kassian whose already fought Orr, but Neil cant fight McLaren because he already fought earlier?

Neil isnt scared of either of them, he chased McLaren for an entire shift and instigated a fight with Orr already this year

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:28 PM
  #65
Renner*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
So its OK for McLaren to fight a guy like Kassian whose already fought Orr, but Neil cant fight McLaren because he already fought earlier?

Neil isnt scared of either of them, he chased McLaren for an entire shift and instigated a fight with Orr already this year
I havent been a member here for very long and I love fighting in hockey. Since ive been here I see sens fans acting very off. I notice them making things up and trying to make things better than they seem. Maybe its because they hate getting beat by the leafs because all those playoff defeats or maybe just because its a rivalry. I dont really care either way its just something I notice. its very silly anyways.

There is a difference between what Neil did and what McL did. McL asked Kassian for a fight and Kassian said yes.

Neil did not ask for a fight...he threw his gloves off and threw punches over a ref.

I fully expect 100% Neil to innitiate a fight with McLaren next time they play. Im really hoping McLaren doesnt have to go after him...since Neil seemed so pissed and angry with McLaren while refs were around...that should be carried over to the next game.

With Kassian joining the Sens its going to be a lot of fun games to watch. I think Orr and Kassian will be the next Orr and Carkner fights where there was at least one fight every game

Renner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:29 PM
  #66
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I cant stand when people say Neil turns downs a lot of fights. Every fighter does. Neil has fought Orr a couple times and tried to fight McLaren all shift at the end of the game.

To say Neil, Kassian Orr or McLaren are scared of anyone is ridiculous. They will all fight anyone. Neil might have beaten up guys that some Leaf fans hate him for like Schenn, but contrary to some belief around here Neil is small out there. He can fight guys that size, its not him being a spot picker itshim dominating his weight class.

Ottawa and Toronto are both really tough teams, neither fan base should be calling out the other team
Neil will fight anyone. But, he also has no problem picking his fights too. Going after a kid like Luke Schenn, who was clearly overmatched isn't the most respectable move, for example.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:32 PM
  #67
Renner*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Latvian View Post
But McLaren fighting Kassian was fine?
If you really think hard about, Im sure you can find a massive difference. Here is a hint:

One guy asked the other guy to go and the other said yes.

One guy did not ask the other guy to go and started throwing punches out of left field.

Renner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:37 PM
  #68
OttawaSenators11
Registered User
 
OttawaSenators11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renner View Post
If you really think hard about, Im sure you can find a massive difference. Here is a hint:

One guy asked the other guy to go and the other said yes.

One guy did not ask the other guy to go and started throwing punches out of left field.
Happens all the time!

Kinda like how Orr went after Kaleta

OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:38 PM
  #69
H2ODP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,839
vCash: 177
If McLaren didn't expect Neil to come at him then he's not very smart, Neil was asking him to go that entire shift leading up the the scrum. It wasn't unexpected by any means.

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:46 PM
  #70
Renner*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
Happens all the time!

Kinda like how Orr went after Kaleta
The guy dove...checked a guy from behind then mouthed off. Pretty sure we shouldnt ever use kaleta as an example of anything.

It actually does not happen. When a guy already has a fight...the other enforcer asks if he wants to go..they dont just start throwing them out of nowhere.

If Orr has done this...then its ridiculous..if Engelland has done it..its BS. etc etc

My main problem with Neil is watching him avoid guys look Orr and Brown on a shift sometimes and when they go off ..he goes after Luke Schenn...a guy is probably one of the worst fighters in the league.

Then I catch the game last night and he starts throwing bombs at McLaren pretty much out of no where.

I keep seeing sens fans saying Neil chased him all over the ice and Mclaren was running away every single time. Can someone provide a video to this? I watched it and I only saw them chatting a couple times but please feel free to prove me wrong.

I didnt think Mclaren ran from guys but since sens fans are saying it..Id like to see some proof

Renner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:49 PM
  #71
OttawaSenators11
Registered User
 
OttawaSenators11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 50
Can't believe some Leaf fan continue to think Neil is afraid to fight whomever, lol

Check his fightcard, he's dropped the gloves with pretty much all the tough guys over the years.

Orr, Chara, Brashear, Lucic to name a few of the top of my head.

Some of you guys need to stop being so silly, you really look bad on HF boards.

OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:53 PM
  #72
Renner*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
You do notice the black bolded part that says sometimes? Guess not.

Sheesh some fans really just read what they want.

Renner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:00 AM
  #73
OttawaSenators11
Registered User
 
OttawaSenators11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,211
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renner View Post
You do notice the black bolded part that says sometimes? Guess not.

Sheesh some fans really just read what they want.
You can say that about every fighter though.. When Ottawa faced BOS last week Kassian challenged Lucic right off the faceoff, and guess what Lucic said no thanks! Does that make Lucic afraid of him?

Not all the time is a fighter going to accept a challenge.

Stop singling out one fighter because you don't like him.


Last edited by OttawaSenators11: 04-01-2013 at 12:12 AM.
OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:50 AM
  #74
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor
 
TheGooooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 17,879
vCash: 50
Neil actually plays hockey and doesn't need to fight all the time. He has the right to choose and he still goes with the heavies

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:34 AM
  #75
The Latvian
#rooster #classless
 
The Latvian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renner View Post
If you really think hard about, Im sure you can find a massive difference. Here is a hint:

One guy asked the other guy to go and the other said yes.

One guy did not ask the other guy to go and started throwing punches out of left field.
Please, when McLaren went to the net at the whistle he knew what was gonna happen. If he wanted to avoid it, going to the net is the wrong way of doing that.

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.