03/30/2013 | Los Angeles Kings @ Minnesota Wild | 7:00 PM CST FSN & FSWI

Old
03-31-2013, 10:44 AM
TheeNorthStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
He just floatin

Love hearing DONT STOP THE PARTY in the background. I cant help but think we have something to do with that.

http://video.wild.nhl.com/videocente...ed-share-video

TheeNorthStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 10:55 AM
Karl

Mornings are always better after a Wild win.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:17 AM
57special

vCash: 335
Stoner can be clumsy, and has no creativity, but we need team size and toughness, especially in the playoffs when teams such as the Kings (or Boston or Philly,etc.) start to play the bully card. I think he needs to be kept, albeit playing limited minutes as a 6 th or 7 th D.

57special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Some pretty funny pics in here. Haven't seen Quick melt down that bad like...ever, really. He used to get really mad at himself and it was awesome because he always bounced back with a shutout. This year, you can tell the injury is physically messing with him and mentally wrecking him. It's a real bummer.

Now that I've had time to cool down and I"m paying for last night's festivities, just wanted to say great game--VERY entertaining--and nice to finally see you guys in action. I wish that overtime could have gone on a bit longer! If the next two are anything like this one, should be a great finish to the season. You guys are every bit deserving of that NW title, imo...good luck, and see you...Thursday is it? Awesome! I was watching Brodin a lot--wow. Hopefully we can rough him up a bit more next time, heh.

...and yes, we are bipolar over there. The manic-depressive nature of wins and losses, and when teams are that evenly matched...Kings are usually money at holding the lead, so last night's was a stinger.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:46 PM
TwInS1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Some pretty funny pics in here. Haven't seen Quick melt down that bad like...ever, really. He used to get really mad at himself and it was awesome because he always bounced back with a shutout. This year, you can tell the injury is physically messing with him and mentally wrecking him. It's a real bummer.

Now that I've had time to cool down and I"m paying for last night's festivities, just wanted to say great game--VERY entertaining--and nice to finally see you guys in action. I wish that overtime could have gone on a bit longer! If the next two are anything like this one, should be a great finish to the season. You guys are every bit deserving of that NW title, imo...good luck, and see you...Thursday is it? Awesome! I was watching Brodin a lot--wow. Hopefully we can rough him up a bit more next time, heh.

...and yes, we are bipolar over there. The manic-depressive nature of wins and losses, and when teams are that evenly matched...Kings are usually money at holding the lead, so last night's was a stinger.

Our fan base is pretty bi polar too. That being said I hope we don't have to face you guys round 1...you're size will be tough for us over a 7 game series.

Cheers to the playoffs though as we both appear to be heading in that direction!

TwInS1095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwInS1095 View Post
Our fan base is pretty bi polar too. That being said I hope we don't have to face you guys round 1...you're size will be tough for us over a 7 game series.

Cheers to the playoffs though as we both appear to be heading in that direction!
And your transition is a pain in the ass for us!

Go grab that 2-3 seed and leave us alone for a round

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:54 PM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
Haven't read any of this thread and all of this may have been said already. Kings PGT...

If Cullen's goal should have been stopped then so should have Carter's (wanted to post that in there so badly)

Mods here are very professional but everyone there is crying like b******

Also no mention of Stoners gift wrapped goal for them?

Yea they deserved it...
I think we have the best and most tolerant mods so far when comparing to any other subforum.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 01:01 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
I think we have the best and most tolerant mods so far when comparing to any other subforum.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

That was my 10th game of the season, and I must say, that atmosphere rivaled the Chicago game for me, it may have even surpassed it. The fans were excellent.

People were standing, cheering and yelling during situations they normally wouldn't, chants and cheers were reverberating around the arena and it was just fantastic all around.

Great game to take my cousin to, who was at her first hockey game sitting in the seats we do where the action is that close.

It was actually her that had me still standing before that Parise goal went in.

Our section of the lower bowl was all standing for that 5 on 3, and then the team bungles it and slowly Minnesota sports pessimism sets in and people start sitting one by one, and then we are kind of that "last line of defense" for those who want to stand. I try to sit, she grabs my sleeve and says "DON'T GIVE UP" seconds later. GOAL PARISE!!!!!

Huge call. One of my favorite memories from being in the stands this season.

Paul Bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 02:49 PM
MK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I don't know, I didn't care for Clark as much as everyone else. Sure, he jumped up in the rush a few times and got a couple of shots through (quite the feat for this defense). However, his gaps at the blueline are the worst this team's seen since Nick Schultz. Completely unacceptable. On the Dustin Brown goal, he was straight beaten out of the corner by Brown. Can't be beaten 1-1 on a penalty kill and we seen the result when you are. Gilbert played it right, BTW.
No offense man, but it's been one game. Notably his first in the league for quite a while. If he's doing this in his 5th game back, I'd get that.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:35 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
For those who missed the great OT.

And the full shootout.

Last edited by Fel 96: 03-31-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:16 PM
SPMaximus
Re-sign=/=Resign

the really loud "buildup" music they played during the shootout was pretty annoying

SPMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 06:37 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan View Post
That was my 10th game of the season, and I must say, that atmosphere rivaled the Chicago game for me, it may have even surpassed it. The fans were excellent.

People were standing, cheering and yelling during situations they normally wouldn't, chants and cheers were reverberating around the arena and it was just fantastic all around.

Great game to take my cousin to, who was at her first hockey game sitting in the seats we do where the action is that close.

It was actually her that had me still standing before that Parise goal went in.

Our section of the lower bowl was all standing for that 5 on 3, and then the team bungles it and slowly Minnesota sports pessimism sets in and people start sitting one by one, and then we are kind of that "last line of defense" for those who want to stand. I try to sit, she grabs my sleeve and says "DON'T GIVE UP" seconds later. GOAL PARISE!!!!!

Huge call. One of my favorite memories from being in the stands this season.
Were you over in the 115/116 area? I was in 113 and there was a section to my left that stood for a good chunk of the game.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how predictable the Wild shooutout moves were. I think all three of those guys have been doing the same move all year and they're still effective. That probably explains why Quick was so pissed.

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Surly Furious

I was strangely okay with the Wild getting beat last night. Missed the 1st half of the game, watched LA build the lead, and thought, these are the Champs after all, and a team I feel is underrated by most.

Watching the Wild pull that off, well, they need to beat the Ducks, and they will be free of complexes entering the playoffs.

Hats off Mike Yeo and Co.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:36 PM
BigT2002

They "don't stop the party" while they were interviewing Parise was hilarious

The Medal of Honor recipient and Silver Star buddies of his from here that took him to the game was awesome. Place was very hard.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:38 PM
BigT2002

Oh and Clutterbuck giving Stoll a kidney punch (think it was him he punched) when the play went down the ice was pretty epic.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
Were you over in the 115/116 area? I was in 113 and there was a section to my left that stood for a good chunk of the game.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how predictable the Wild shooutout moves were. I think all three of those guys have been doing the same move all year and they're still effective. That probably explains why Quick was so pissed.
109/110 is where I usually sit (near the aisles of either one).

That side of the rink was standing more than anyone to our right though.

Paul Bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:12 AM
mkoivu9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaw View Post
Her deep Canadian accent was pretty funny combined with her opera style singing the Anthem.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9 View Post
Her deep Canadian accent was pretty funny combined with her opera style singing the Anthem.
Makes me wish FSNorth would show the anthem every now and then instead of worthless commercials.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:03 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Then you need to find another source of entertainment. This is a GAME. No need to even approach the idea even in jest of ending your life over such a miniscule thing.
Obviously, sarcasm doesn't travel well over the interwebs without this -->> My bad.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:23 AM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9 View Post
I think she does teach opera singing somewhere, either Zenon or Russo said so. She's Konopka's sister, if you didn't know.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:36 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
I think she does teach opera singing somewhere, either Zenon or Russo said so. She's Konopka's sister, if you didn't know.
Z was quoted on Twitter or something from Russo of saying she teaches Opera and has a degree in it and that she got all the good qualities and his nose used to look like her she is a looker that's for sure.

Last edited by BigT2002: 04-01-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old
04-01-2013, 04:37 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitogor View Post
Obviously, sarcasm doesn't travel well over the interwebs without this -->> My bad.
No, I got that, I said it's not something to bring up in jest...aka in a joke.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote