HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 12:11 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanltQC View Post
I don't want the Canadiens to trade picks or good prospects. Let's build on the future
Why not go for it this year?

Old
04-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Rentals are rarelly worth it and our depth is good enough IMO. I would look into cheap fix for a tougher defenseman but that's it!

Old
04-01-2013, 12:16 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Why not go for it this year?
We are likely to have a better chance in the future. Patience, our core is still young and will be much better once our current rookies&prospects become good/great NHLers.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
We are likely to have a better chance in the future. Patience, our core is still young and will be much better once our current rookies&prospects become good/great NHLers.
Agreed we have a great future on the backend maybe missing a few pieces on offense but an overall great future

Old
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
What would we have to give up for Jason Pominville? He could be a really good top 6 winger for us for this spring.
Realisticly...

1st, Beaulieu, Bourque.

Buffalo wouldn't go cheap on him that's for sure.

Old
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanltQC View Post
I don't want the Canadiens to trade picks or good prospects. Let's build on the future
I don't want to give up any 2nd rounders either but come on. If we give up a pick and a couple mid level prospects, it's hardly going to cripple our future.

We have a surplus of picks and solid mid level prospects. We can TOTALLY afford to part with some especially if it's going to get us a really solid piece.

Is Clowe that piece? Opinion really seems to differ but I'm sure this season is a bit of an aberration for him.

The only thing is I really can't see Boston wanting to lose out on him. Especially to us. If we get Clowe, Boston's still tougher than us but not by much. If they get Clowe they become a HELL of a lot tougher.

You have to imagine that Clowe isn't going for just a 3rd rounder. I hope we can get him dirt cheap but I really doubt it. Especially if he's most likely going to sign with whoever he gets traded to.

I'd be willing to slightly overpay for him. As long as it's done creatively and we're not giving up anyone/anything real key.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:22 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
I don't want to give up any 2nd rounders either but come on. If we give up a pick and a couple mid level prospects, it's hardly going to cripple our future.

We have a surplus of picks and solid mid level prospects. We can TOTALLY afford to part with some especially if it's going to get us a really solid piece.

Is Clowe that piece? Opinion really seems to differ but I'm sure this season is a bit of an aberration for him.

The only thing is I really can't see Boston wanting to lose out on him. Especially to us. If we get Clowe, Boston's still tougher than us but not by much. If they get Clowe they become a HELL of a lot tougher.

You have to imagine that Clowe isn't going for just a 3rd rounder. I hope we can get him dirt cheap but I really doubt it. Especially if he's most likely going to sign with whoever he gets traded to.

I'd be willing to slightly overpay for him. As long as it's done creatively and we're not giving up anyone/anything real key.
I'd rather deal current prospects in our system that we know can be replaced like Leblanc than potential future home runs knowing Timmins.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:29 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd rather deal current prospects in our system that we know can be replaced like Leblanc than potential future home runs knowing Timmins.
absolutely agree 100%. If we can do that then I'd be thrilled. Especially in this draft and TT's knack for finding elite/borderline elite talent in the 2nd.

Like giving them LL, Nygren and Holland/Pateryn, or Ellis would be in my opinion perfect. Three real solid prospects who have varying degrees of possibly being really good yet don't really hurt our depth.

San Jose wins because they're closer to being NHL ready than picks would be? Maybe?

Old
04-01-2013, 12:31 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Realisticly...

1st, Beaulieu, Bourque.

Pominville's great but that's a pretty crazy overpayment.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Alexdaman

Travis Moen and our 2nd rnd pick if that's not enough than.

Travis Moen, the 3rd we got from Dallas and Louis Leblanc.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:46 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Travis Moen and our 2nd rnd pick if that's not enough than.

Travis Moen, the 3rd we got from Dallas and Louis Leblanc.
Rather not give up Moen. I know Clowe's siginificantly better but it would still feel like a bit of a sideways move. Moen to me at his worst is reliable but can be very effective and is really solid in the playoffs. Can't be a coincidence that he's playing better now that Halpern's with him.

He might not hit and fight as much as we like but he can force a draw with some tough customers and can make the odd power forward type move to the net.

I might get flamed for this but I'd sooner move Gionta for Clowe than Moen. Too bad he wears the C and it won't happen. I don't hate Gio but I just think replacing him on that line with someone with size would make a huge difference. Whether it be Clowe or Bourque. Either of those guys making space for Pleks and Ryder would be amazing.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:58 AM
bipolarhabfan

What I think the Habs should do is trade for a bottom paring d-man and a player with a bit of size on the bottom line. Add depth players without giving up some of our better prospects.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:01 AM
habtastic

Would be awesome if we could somehow get the Wiz back. (for reunion sake)

Old
04-01-2013, 01:12 AM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Then we would get stuck with his ridiculous contract, but I know you we're being sarcastic I hope.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Teufelsdreck

It depends on who's available. Claiming Halpern on waivers was serendipitous and it didn't cost the Habs anything in exchange. With all those 2013 second and third round picks plus the 2012 crop they already harvested the Habs are in a favorable trading position. Bergevin has a grip on the situation.The Bruins seem to be more in need of a trade for scorers.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:43 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
imo we never should of parted ways, P Gauthier could of afford a little less than Columbus and I think he would of stayed. Right now he'd be in Bouillon's spot and we would be even much more serious contenders.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:46 AM
TonyRockyHorror

Quote:
There are ways to go for it this year without sacrificing the future. You never know the the future holds. A responsible run can be achieved, but the loser mentality must stop. We have a very competitive team this year and a couple of key additions can put us over the edge.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:47 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
imo we never should of parted ways, P Gauthier could of afford a little less than Columbus and I think he would of stayed. Right now he'd be in Bouillon's spot and we would be even much more serious contenders.
If we still had Wiz we wouldn't have Galchenyuk, Collberg and probably the rest of our crazy 2012 draft sweepstakes.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:10 AM
thegreatgasby*

vCash: 794
Quote:
Realisticly...

1st, Beaulieu, Bourque.

habs fans pass on this deal

Old
04-01-2013, 02:50 AM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
You are probably right but the east looks pretty weak this year with pitts, us, boston and maybe the sens, you play the game for the playoffs I think if you feel you have any chance you should go for it. Plus if all our rookies turn out to be good it's not like we will be able to sign them all a few years down the road anyways with the cap and all.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:07 AM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
I would take Hal Gill back!!!

Old
04-01-2013, 03:25 AM
Corncob

Quote:
If we had someone with four years left on a >5 million dollar per year cap it playing on the third pairing the main thing he'd be contending for would be a compliance buy out...

Old
04-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Bacchus1

I don't know how Dustin Byfuglien is playing this year, but if he is anything like he was the year he played for the Hawks, I think a big D who can also spend time in front of the net during PPs, or man the point, would be more what the Habs need. I think we need a really strong D with PP strengths, and who can clear the crease, and is not a defensive liability. Rare, I'm sure, but maybe for Leblanc and Webber/Pateryn, and a pick if it is necessary.

Bergervin probably knows if he would be a good fit.

Just an idea! I don't really watch the NHL enough to have an educated opinion, though ...

Old
04-01-2013, 03:32 AM
FinnHab

Quote:
Realisticly...

1st, Beaulieu, Bourque.

Sir, i skip that deal. Easily.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:04 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
If we had someone with four years left on a >5 million dollar per year cap it playing on the third pairing the main thing he'd be contending for would be a compliance buy out...
I don't know what you're talking about Wisniewski plays top minutes in Columbus, he would easily be playing as much as Markov with the habs.

Closed Thread