Old
03-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
On another note...

According to this source: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...interstitial=1

The freakin Blackhawks are out to grab Nielsen...
If Frans Nielsen ends up playing for Chicago it would basically cure your dislike for them.....because you can't dislike Frans Nielsen

Old
03-31-2013, 08:36 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yeah good start for Oliver Lauridsen. I don't know if he will play more games but he has shown that he can handle it.
Actually all this "great dane" stuff will be totally obsolete when Frederik Andersen gets his debut. His size is without question

Otherwise it was another forgettable danish night with absolutely no points:
Philadelphia won 3-1 over Boston (Daugavins didn't play, so no dane-latvian battle).
NYI lost 0-2 to Pittsburgh and Frans Nielsen was -1.
Montreal won 3-0 to NYR. Eller was +0
Ottawa lost 0-4 to Toronto (Regin was benched again, bad sign).
Vancouver lost 0-4 to Edmonton (auch, that must hurt). Hansen was +0.
Phoenix lost 2-3 to San Jose and Bødker was +0.

So on the positive note: New Danish record with 7 danish players on the ice this season. Still a possibility of Frederik Andersen or Nicklas Jensen might get a game in case of injuries.
Markus Lauridsen will with all likelihood be kept in AHL to further his development.
As far as i know he will likely play against Ottawa(need to get some documents straight),so he maybe will play against Regin

Old
03-31-2013, 08:37 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
If Frans Nielsen ends up playing for Chicago it would basically cure your dislike for them.....because you can't dislike Frans Nielsen
Ah,justinov thats not how rivalries work

Old
03-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Ah,justinov thats not how rivalries work
I know. I just follow the man more than the jersey

Old
03-31-2013, 08:48 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I know. I just follow the man more than the jersey
I`m guessing Nielsen is you favourite danish player,right?

Old
03-31-2013, 09:59 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
What a paradox that'l be for me... Absolutely adore Nielsen, and absolutely do not like Chicago..

What to do....

Old
03-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Bank

... Hockey Denmark's on a roll. Nicklas Jensen has been called up to the 'Nucks! He will be the 8th(!!!!) Dane in the NHL this year.

Old
03-31-2013, 03:17 PM
dklap3

^^ That's just awesome.

...just too bad it's for the damn Canucks.

Last edited by dklap3: 03-31-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old
04-01-2013, 06:59 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
... Hockey Denmark's on a roll. Nicklas Jensen has been called up to the 'Nucks! He will be the 8th(!!!!) Dane in the NHL this year.
Sounds great since he appeared to be stalling a bit in the AHL. Maybe it was that super shootout goal that convinced them to bring him up

Otherwise Oliver Lauridsen got 11 min. against Washington and was +1 in Philadelphia's 5-4 OT win. That's a pretty good start for him.
Philip Larsen was -1 in the 2-3 loss for Dallas against Los Angeles.

Having 8 players in the NHL we are in front of Switzerland with 7 and Germany with 6. Only Canada (397), USA (175), Sweden (51), Czech Rep. (40), Russia (27), Finland (24) and Slovakia (11) are in front of us. We are 8'th best nation in NHL and only 3 players behind Slovakia!

Last edited by Justinov: 04-01-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old
04-01-2013, 08:18 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Nope. nope don't like this move at all!

This is how it is going to go down:

Jensen is put on the 1st line with the twins to max out his capabilities, he wont show the magic he is expected to by many fans, and wont put up any points in his im guessing 4-5 game stint, and he will be scorched for it and prolly loose confidence.

IMO he is not ready at all....

Old
04-01-2013, 08:30 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Sounds great since he appeared to be stalling a bit in the AHL. Maybe it was that super shootout goal that convinced them to bring him up

Otherwise Oliver Lauridsen got 11 min. against Washington and was +1 in Philadelphia's 5-4 OT win. That's a pretty good start for him.
Philip Larsen was -1 in the 2-3 loss for Dallas against Los Angeles.

Having 8 players in the NHL we are in front of Switzerland with 7 and Germany with 6. Only Canada (397), USA (175), Sweden (51), Czech Rep. (40), Russia (27), Finland (24) and Slovakia (11) are in front of us. We are 8'th best nation in NHL and only 3 players behind Slovakia!
It makes me depressed that i once thought we were better at hockey than you guys

Old
04-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Nope. nope don't like this move at all!

This is how it is going to go down:

Jensen is put on the 1st line with the twins to max out his capabilities, he wont show the magic he is expected to by many fans, and wont put up any points in his im guessing 4-5 game stint, and he will be scorched for it and prolly loose confidence.

IMO he is not ready at all....
If he starts with the Sedins, you can really say it's THE chance of his career! It can go either way, but I would get happy if he got the chance.
If it fails a lot of fans would say it's because he was rushed, so he will have some slack. If he loses confidence? I hope that his AIK experience with being benched might have hardened him somewhat.....

Old
04-01-2013, 11:53 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
If he starts with the Sedins, you can really say it's THE chance of his career! It can go either way, but I would get happy if he got the chance.
If it fails a lot of fans would say it's because he was rushed, so he will have some slack. If he loses confidence? I hope that his AIK experience with being benched might have hardened him somewhat.....
Well I hope im wrong, but I don't think he is ready to shine yet.. And that is what many couch fans in Vancouver want and expect.. You guys need to understand the pressure on the players in this city.. Im just scared that if he does not put up good numbers or strong 2 way play in this little stint of his, then yeah he will most certainly get scorched by the lesser fan.

And yes, it is now confirmed that Jensen will be playing with the Sedins..

Don't get me wrong im stocked to see him, I have friends from Canada over at the moment, so we are going to watch the game tonight..

Hope for the best, expect the worst...

Old
04-01-2013, 11:54 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
It makes me depressed that i once thought we were better at hockey than you guys
Ohh I wouldn't go that far just b/c of a few NHL players. Id say we are still pretty much even taking depth and especially available depth into consideration.

Sorry bout the double post ...

Old
04-01-2013, 12:02 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Ohh I wouldn't go that far just b/c of a few NHL players. Id say we are still pretty much even taking depth and especially available depth into consideration.

Sorry bout the double post ...
Well yeah,but still if you have 8 NHL players it shows that whatever youre doing with your hockey system youre doing it right

Old
04-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Bank

Quote:
Well yeah,but still if you have 8 NHL players it shows that whatever youre doing with your hockey system youre doing it right
Trade ya the Lauridsens brothers and Regin for Girgensons and 10 KHL'ers?

Old
04-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

The canucks should trade for Eller or Nielsen and make an all-Danish line of Hansen - Nielsen/Eller - Jensen

Old
04-02-2013, 12:24 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Trade ya the Lauridsens brothers and Regin for Girgensons and 10 KHL'ers?
How about our top 2014 prospect Rihards Bukarts +our top u-22 player Miks Indrasis and a bunch of khlers and you give us Nicklas Jensen and Boedker

Old
04-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Well I hope im wrong, but I don't think he is ready to shine yet.. And that is what many couch fans in Vancouver want and expect.. You guys need to understand the pressure on the players in this city.. Im just scared that if he does not put up good numbers or strong 2 way play in this little stint of his, then yeah he will most certainly get scorched by the lesser fan.

And yes, it is now confirmed that Jensen will be playing with the Sedins..

Don't get me wrong im stocked to see him, I have friends from Canada over at the moment, so we are going to watch the game tonight..

Hope for the best, expect the worst...
Nicklas Jensen got his debut with 17 min and -1. So still an open question whether it was good or bad for him. So what do you and your canadian friends think?? Vancouver pressure is probably the classical black or white attitude. Saviour or rubbish, all decided within 1-2 matches. He had slack the first match to get used to it.......now fans wants results - right??
Where the Sedins-Jensen forward line failed to produce, Jannik Hansen got 2 assists, but Vancouver lost nonetheless 2-3 to San Jose.
Lars Ellers has hit a slump in his point production but Montreal keeps winning. 4-1 over Carolina.
NY-Islanders are still in the playoff race with a 3-1 win over New Jersey. 1'st star and two assists from Frans Nielsen.
Philip Larsen was -1 again and Dallas lost 0-4 to Anaheim. Playoff seems to disappear in the horizon.

Zuccarello was back in NY-Rangers and got an assist and +1 in their 4-2 win over Winnipeg. So we will have norwegians to fight with in the NHL now as well. NYI vs NYR (Nielsen-Zuccarello) for 8'th spot in playoff
Rumour has it that also Tollefsen will play for Nashville next season or at least after Färjestad has finished the playoff in SEL.

Old
04-02-2013, 06:59 PM
dklap3

I found out what this thread is missing - hockey cards!

Made cards of all the Danish players...more hopefully to come soon.

Ordered by debut...hope I got the info right:

@ Justinov: Maybe you can add these cards + other usefull info to Post #1 of this thread?

Old
04-03-2013, 05:19 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklap3 View Post
I found out what this thread is missing - hockey cards!

Justinov: Maybe you can add these cards + other usefull info to Post #1 of this thread?
I have added them to post 1: I'll try to put some order in it when i get more time!

EDIT: Put the front page in order with the hockey cards!

Last edited by Justinov: 04-04-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old
04-03-2013, 08:41 AM
dklap3

^^ Cool!

Btw, Frans (and his 2nd line) is playing great at the moment. A goal last night, and 3 stars two night in row for him now. He also tied Bødker and Hansen for most Danish points.

In fact Isles are playing pretty well at the moment. If they keep it up they could vey well end up a playoff team this season. I still have my doubts, but at the moment they look great on the ice.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Bank

As a Dallas fan it's kinda depressing that teams like Columbus, the Islanders and Winnipeg are looking more like playoff teams than the Stars

Trade deadline update:

Vancouver: Great to see them building for a long run...
Montreal: Will be interesting to see if/what they add and if it will be offense.
Ottawa: Will be interesting to see if/what they'll add depth-wise.
Phoenix: Selling? Pushing for the playoffs? Staying put?
New York Islanders: Pushing for that playoff run that's finally within reach or just staying put. Hard to see them selling - but if they got something planned for next year they might try to make the most of the assets they got. Frans Nielsen could come into play that way - but I'm having a hard time seeing it.
Dallas: Selling big time. So far mostly forward for young D. VikingNuck maybe be able to elaborate but from the scouting reports both Connauton and Gauce seems like offensive minded D-men with some size.

Not sure if/how this effects Philip Larsen but as a sheer numbers game he's now up against Oleksiak, Nemeth, Morrow, Dillon, Connauton, Gauce and some other long shots(Vance, Klingberg, Jokipakka) for the spots next the core of Daley and Goligoski + Benn + 2 more years of Rome and it's starting to look some what tight there. Let's see if the sell of some piece.
Philly: Can't be adding so perhaps some more games for Lauridsen?
Colorado: With the Gaunce-switch there seems to be more room for Markus Lauridsen. Lets hope they don't add more minor league d-depth.
Anaheim: Can't see how anything related to Frederik Andersen is gonna change

EDIT: Oh and great with the hockey card thing! Almost though you'd made a mistake with Boedker/Regin but you easily forget those Gretsky years where Boedker took a step back before reemerging as the player he is today.

Last edited by Bank: 04-03-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old
04-04-2013, 05:05 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Well another dane clash last night and once more a victory for Philly Ollie got himself an assist.

Montreal lost 5-3 and Eller was, wait for it, MINUS 4 :O

He has not had a point in ages and now he get's a minus 4 rating, only one on the team..
Is Eller Degressing, does he need to go back to the doghouse?

Anywho Eller is not a the most popular guy over on the habs board anymore..

Old
04-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Bank

Phoenix - although a lot of talk of how Sullivan, Torres and Lombardi wasn't fitting perfectly - seemed to be selling. Morris and Gordon stayed but I'm holding my breath for Mikkel Boedker getting another PO-run.

Don't know if I'd say Philly made a push for a ticket to the PO's but they didn't make their chances better. Maybe some luck and Oliver Lauridsen adds to the list of Danes in with PO-games on the CV

Ottawa added Cory Conacher. Not a player which career plans in anyway should collide with Regins but he add another player to the lines of Ottawa-forwards ahead of Regin

Closed Thread