HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who to lose

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 12:52 AM
  #151
Aufheben
Moderator
The jam must flow...
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,660
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I feel you on this one. Even though both Hank and the Defense are excellent, something does just seem off. It feels like there are more lapses. Maybe I'm subconsciously judging them more harshly because they literally need to hold teams to a single goal otherwise the game is as good as done.
Definitely. McDonagh makes more mistakes in any given game this year than he did entirely in 2012...
I think he'll be better again next season. He has so much offensive potential, I don't understand why he's never utilized in that way.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:57 AM
  #152
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its FedOrov View Post
Definitely. McDonagh makes more mistakes in any given game this year than he did entirely in 2012...
I think he'll be better again next season. He has so much offensive potential, I don't understand why he's never utilized in that way.
I don't think McDonagh has much offensive potential. What you see is what you get with him IMO. He has never been a point producer in college. He should be like Girardi, a 25-30 pt threat on the backend. Good at keeping pucks in the zone, but doesn't have the capabilities to lead a PP.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:18 AM
  #153
Aufheben
Moderator
The jam must flow...
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,660
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I don't think McDonagh has much offensive potential. What you see is what you get with him IMO. He has never been a point producer in college. He should be like Girardi, a 25-30 pt threat on the backend. Good at keeping pucks in the zone, but doesn't have the capabilities to lead a PP.
I disagree, though "so much offensive potential" was vague on my part. I'd just like to see him get some decent PP time.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:30 AM
  #154
zuckera1
#35
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Stralman 2nd pairing. U kidding me? Girardi should stay and should go no where,he is as solid as anyone on the blue line. I'd be quicker to package Staal before Girardi to be honest..I say it ow and have been for two years,don't get everyone's fascination with Staal,it's weird. NYR has played well any time he's been out..

Staal for Ryan straight up
Agreed. I'd move Staal before Girardi because we'd get a better offensive return for Staal. Most likely a top LW that we desperately need. We can afford to give up some D to get more O, especially because we've got Hank

zuckera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:48 AM
  #155
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
Agreed. I'd move Staal before Girardi because we'd get a better offensive return for Staal. Most likely a top LW that we desperately need. We can afford to give up some D to get more O, especially because we've got Hank
You don't trade defensemen like Staal unless you are getting a young All-Star. Shut down defensemen who can log 25 min per game against top lines are GOLD.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:51 AM
  #156
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,171
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
You don't trade defensemen like Staal unless you are getting a young All-Star. Shut down defensemen who can log 25 min per game against top lines are GOLD.
Along with actually providing a decent to good outlet pass, something Girardi can't deliver. That is HUGE. Moving the puck efficiently is so important in this league.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:26 AM
  #157
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its FedOrov View Post
Definitely. McDonagh makes more mistakes in any given game this year than he did entirely in 2012...
I think he'll be better again next season. He has so much offensive potential, I don't understand why he's never utilized in that way.
He certainly has the hands and speed to be a 40 point player, but his shot needs to improve.

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:36 AM
  #158
zuckera1
#35
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
You don't trade defensemen like Staal unless you are getting a young All-Star. Shut down defensemen who can log 25 min per game against top lines are GOLD.
You DO trade a defenseman like Staal when you're last in the League in scoring, have the best goalie in hockey, and have 3 other solid options on D (along with Mcilrath coming up). I've never been a fan of Staal, I like him as a player but I feel like he makes a lot of mistakes and plays inconsistently at times. His value is often inflated by our fan-base, partly because his last name is "Staal". But that's just me.

You've gotta bet money to make money in this League, we can keep Girardi for less money, still have Mcdonagh and MDZ, and get more offense that we desperately need if we trade Staal.

zuckera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:46 AM
  #159
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,459
vCash: 500
Rangers are tied for 5th in GAA. The defense -- as poor as they are offensively -- is the last thing I'd tinker with.

Get rid of Torts, Sullivan, Boyle and Pyatt.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:57 AM
  #160
zuckera1
#35
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Staal for Alexander Semin. Any takers out there?

zuckera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:04 AM
  #161
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
Staal for Alexander Semin. Any takers out there?
Not me. From everything I've heard, Semin has turned it around, but Staal is our #1/2 D man.

__________________
Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:11 AM
  #162
zuckera1
#35
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Not me. From everything I've heard, Semin has turned it around, but Staal is our #1/2 D man.
Semin has been a PPG player this year, his numbers mirror Nash's stats. He also can play Left Wing and fill our lack of depth at that position. The last 4 years, he's averaged around 65 points a year with right around 30 goals. Imagine him and Nash, or him and Gaborik, on the same line.

We need OFFENSE fellas

zuckera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:35 AM
  #163
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,584
vCash: 500
I don't see Gaborik staying unfortunately. But yes, Semin would look good on the LW.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:35 AM
  #164
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Trading Girardi is intriguing. I never felt he was a 1st pairing D-man, but rather a guy that played on the 1st pair for the Rangers, did it admirably, but a D-man whose value is inflated playing this system.

I think the Rangers could swap him to a team for a top 6 LW. Unfortunately, RH defensemen are already a need for the Rangers and jettisoning Girardi just makes that hole larger.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:46 AM
  #165
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Trading Girardi is intriguing. I never felt he was a 1st pairing D-man, but rather a guy that played on the 1st pair for the Rangers, did it admirably, but a D-man whose value is inflated playing this system.

I think the Rangers could swap him to a team for a top 6 LW. Unfortunately, RH defensemen are already a need for the Rangers and jettisoning Girardi just makes that hole larger.
Trade Gaborik for a young RH d-man +. Trade Girardi for a Top-6 LW power forward.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:11 AM
  #166
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Trade Gaborik for a young RH d-man +. Trade Girardi for a Top-6 LW power forward.
Yup...if the Rangers could get back Blum and a #1 from Nashville, you could then move Girardi for a top six LW. Edmonton could use a veteran D-man like Giradi to anchor that young D. Not sure what Edmonton could send back.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:18 AM
  #167
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
Semin has been a PPG player this year, his numbers mirror Nash's stats. He also can play Left Wing and fill our lack of depth at that position. The last 4 years, he's averaged around 65 points a year with right around 30 goals. Imagine him and Nash, or him and Gaborik, on the same line.

We need OFFENSE fellas
we dont trade staal for an older player whos almost 30, plus one whos commited to 5yr 7m/yr, dont want that contract.. we have to get a young player like ryan, hall, etc for him.. not a good trade imo.. only way Staals gone is if he walks as an UFA, and that goes for Girardi and Mcd and MDZ.. all 4 will be here long term..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:21 AM
  #168
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Trade Gaborik for a young RH d-man +. Trade Girardi for a Top-6 LW power forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Yup...if the Rangers could get back Blum and a #1 from Nashville, you could then move Girardi for a top six LW. Edmonton could use a veteran D-man like Giradi to anchor that young D. Not sure what Edmonton could send back.
i understand trading for the right package... but number 1c and RHD top 4 are so hard to find in this league.. Girardi isn't going anywhere! hes only leaving if he walks as a UFA.. not worth loosing such a strong piece like this.. only way is if McIRath Proves hes a top 4 and if Sauer was healthy would I move him.. we have noone to replace him on th right side and they dont grow on trees..

and to say we need more offense is ridiculous... we have Gabs (30-40g) Nash 30+ Callahan 25+ and richards hags and step who are all 20g+.. the issue is our big players gabs and richards arent stepping up.. id only revamp bottom 6 and tweak it.. we dont need to blow this up and make crazy trades.. no way we do this.. its taken so long to build this team the way it is just to start moving all our young good assets..

Pyatt, Powe, Asham.. possibly gabs for the right package but doubt it..
Stralman, Gilroy, Eminger are all trade bait.. we're not moving significant young players, who we dont have in our system to replace them one day..


Last edited by dethomas07: 04-01-2013 at 08:26 AM.
dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:35 AM
  #169
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,431
vCash: 500
Gaborik played a great game in Montreal, and that is the way he needs to continue to play. He is a huge part of this team, and when he's on, he's on. He won't be traded this season.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
  #170
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
Agreed. I'd move Staal before Girardi because we'd get a better offensive return for Staal. Most likely a top LW that we desperately need. We can afford to give up some D to get more O, especially because we've got Hank
NYR built from the net out and still are very stuck on picking d men,which to an extent I like. They can afford to move Staal as the return would be high.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:07 PM
  #171
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
i understand trading for the right package... but number 1c and RHD top 4 are so hard to find in this league.. Girardi isn't going anywhere! hes only leaving if he walks as a UFA.. not worth loosing such a strong piece like this.. only way is if McIRath Proves hes a top 4 and if Sauer was healthy would I move him.. we have noone to replace him on th right side and they dont grow on trees..

and to say we need more offense is ridiculous... we have Gabs (30-40g) Nash 30+ Callahan 25+ and richards hags and step who are all 20g+.. the issue is our big players gabs and richards arent stepping up.. id only revamp bottom 6 and tweak it.. we dont need to blow this up and make crazy trades.. no way we do this.. its taken so long to build this team the way it is just to start moving all our young good assets..

Pyatt, Powe, Asham.. possibly gabs for the right package but doubt it..
Stralman, Gilroy, Eminger are all trade bait.. we're not moving significant young players, who we dont have in our system to replace them one day..
Stralman,Gilroy and Eminger,trade bait for what,the AhL? Who the hell would want them. Best turn around NYR can make is too acquire pieces and picks for Gabby,I say do it. I highly doubt he is resigned after next year. Very highly doubt it.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:13 AM
  #172
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Updated NYR Asset sheet before trade deadline

Still missing numbers on Hughes...

TRADE GUIDELINE
PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT WITH NEW YORK RANGERS 2013 (49)

NEW YORK RANGERS (24)
Nr Pos Player Caphit Status Team Drafted
1 D McDonagh, Ryan (ELC) $1,300,000* RFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #12 Montreal (2007)
2 F Stepan, Derek (ELC) $875,000 RFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHLR2 #51 NYR (2008)
3 F Hagelin, Carl (ELC) $875,000* RFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL R6 #168 NYR (2007)
4 D Sauer, Michael (LTIR) $1,250,000 RFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL R2 #40 NYR (2005)
5 D Hamrlik, Roman $3,500,000 UFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #1 Washington (1992)
6 D Eminger, Steve $750,000 UFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #12 Washington (2002)
7 D Zuccarello, Mats $750,000 UFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL Undrafted
8 D Gilroy, Matt $650,000 UFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL Undrafted
9 D Del Zotto, M. $2,550,000 RFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #20 NYR (2008)
10 F Kreider, Chris (ELC) $1,325,000* RFA 2014New York Rangers/NHL R1 #19 NYR (2009)
11 F Gaborik, Marian (NTC) $7,500,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #3 Minnesota (2000)
12 G Lundqvist, Henrik $6,875,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R7 #208 NYR (2000)
13 F Callahan, Ryan $4,275,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R4 #127 NYR (2004)
14 D Girardi, Dan $3,325,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL Undrafted
15 D Stralman, Anton $1,700,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R7 #216 Toronto (2005)
16 F Boyle, Brian $1,700,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #26 Los Angeles (2003)
17 F Pyatt, Taylor $1,550,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #8 New York Isles (1999)
18 F Powe, Darroll $1,066,667 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL Undrafted
19 G Biron, Martin $1,300,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #16 Buffalo (1995)
20 F Asham, Arron $1,000,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R3 #71 Montreal (1996)
21 F Miller, J.T. (ELC) $1,244,167* RFA 2015 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #15 NYR (2011)
22 D Staal, Marc (LTIR) $3,975,000 UFA 2015 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #12 NYR (2005)
23 F Nash, Rick (NMC) $7,800,000 UFA 2019 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #1 Columbus (2002)
24 F Richards, Brad (NMC) $6,666,667 UFA 2020 New York Rangers/NHL R3 #64 Tampa Bay (1998)

Assigned to AHL/ECHL/Europe (25)
Nr Pos Player Caphit Status Team Drafted
25 D Delisle, Steven (ELC) $733,333* RFA 2013 Greenville Road Warriors/ECHL R4 #107 CBJ (2008)
26 D Niemi, Jyri (ELC) $700,000* RFA 2013 Greenville Road Warriors/ECHL R3 #72 NYI (2008)
27 F Ferriero, Benn $700,000 RFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL R7 #196 Phoenix (2006)
28 D Pyett, Logan $600,000 RFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL R7 #212 Detroit (2006)
29 F Palmieri, Nick $577,500 RFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL R3 #79 New Jersey Devils (2007)
30 F Mashinter, Brandon $550,000 RFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
31 D Parlett, Blake (ELC) $537,500 RFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
32 D Collins, Sean $600,000 UFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
33 F Segal, Brandon $550,000 UFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL R4 #102 Nashville (2002)
34 D Vernace, Mike $525,000 UFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL R7 #201 San Jose (2004)
35 F Jean, Kyle (ELC) $925,000* RFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
36 F Bourque, Ryan (ELC) $900,000* RFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL R3 #80 NYR (2009)
37 G Missiaen, Jason (ELC) $750,000* RFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHLUndrafted
38 G Stajcer, Scott (ELC) $700,000* RFA 2014 Greenville Road Warriors/ECHLR5 #140 NYR (2009)
39 F Wilson, Jason (ELC) $588,333 RFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL R5 #130 NYR (2010)
40 D McIlrath, Dylan (ELC) $1,295,000* RFA 2015 Connecticut Whale/AHL R1 #10 NYR (2010)
41 F Fast(h), Jesper (ELC) $900,000* RFA 2015Connecticut Whale/AHL??? R6 #157 NYR (2010)
42 D Bickel, Stu $750,000 UFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
43 F Newbury, Kris $600,000 UFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL R5 #139 San Jose (2002)
44 F Haley, Micheal $600,000 UFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
45 F Thomas, Christian (ELC) $970,000* RFA 2015 Connecticut Whale/AHL R2 #40 NYR (2010)
46 F Yogan, Andrew (ELC) $800,000 RFA 2015 Connecticut Whale/AHL R4 #100 NYR (2010)
47 F Lindberg, Oscar (ELC) $760,000* RFA 2015 Loaned to Skellefteå AIK/SEL R2 #57 PHX (2010)
48 F Hrivik, Marek (ELC) $685,000* RFA 2015 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
49 G Talbot, Cameron $562,600 UFA 2015 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted

CONTRACTED PLAYERS THAT DO NOT COUNT against 50 contract limit in 2013
Nr Pos Player Caphit Status Team Drafted
+ D Allen, Connor (ELC) $1,775,000* RFA 2015Connecticut Whale/AHL?undrafted
+ D Hughes, Tommy (ELC) $NA* RFA 2015??Juniors - London Knights/OHLundrafted
+ F Nicholls, J. (ELC) $709,167 RFA 2016 Juniors - Saskatoon Blades/WHL R7 #182 Toronto Maple Leafs (2010)
+ F St. Croix, M. (ELC S) $665,000 RFA 2016 Juniors - Edmonton Oil Kings/WHL R4 #106 NYR (2011)

Players still unsigned but with rights retained by NYR
Pos PlayerTeam Drafted
D Pashnin, Mikhail HC Lokomotiv Yaroslavl/KHL R7 #200 NYR (2009)
F Fogarty, Steven Notre Dame Fighting Irish/CCHA R3 #72 NYR (2011)
F McColgan, Shane Saskatoon Blades/WHL R5 #134 NYR (2011)
D Noreau, Samuel Baie-Comeau Drakkar/LHJMQ R5 #136 NYR(2011)
D Čerešňák, Peter Peterborough Petes/OHL R6 #172 NYR (2011)
D Skjei, Brady Minnesota Golden Gophers/WCHA R1 #28 NYR (2012)
F Nieves, Cristoval Michigan Wolverines/CCHA R2 #59 NYR (2012)
D Andersson, Calle Malmö /HA R4 #119 NYR (2012)
F Spelling, Thomas Oskarshamn/HA R5 #142 NYR(2012)

* - includes bonus money in contract
ELC - denotes player on Entry Level Contract
NTC - denotes No Trade Clause in Contract
NMC - denotes No Movement Clause in Contract
LTIR - denotes player placed on Long time injury reserve

NYR Draft picks in 2013
  • 2nd round NYR
  • 3rd round Florida (for W. Wolski 2012)
  • 3rd round Nashville (for NYR 3rd round pick 2012)
  • 3rd round NYR
  • 3rd round Columbus (in Nash trade 2012, conditional - that NYR do not go to SC finals in 2013)
  • 4th round NYR
  • 6th round NYR
  • NO 1st rounder (traded to Columbus for Rick Nash... 2012)
  • NO 5th rounder (traded to Nashville for Nashville 5th 2012 - chose Tomas Spelling at #142)
  • NO 7th rounder (traded to Minnesota along with Eric "Crusher" Christensen for Casey Wellman 2012)
NYR Draft picks in 2014
  • 1st round NYR
  • 2nd round NYR
  • 3rd round NYR
  • 4th round NYR
  • 5th round Florida (for Casey Wellman)
  • 5th round NYR
  • 6th round NYR
  • Eventually NO 7th rounder (conditionally traded to San Jose along with Tommy "horror-movie" Grant for Brandon Mashinter 2013 - condition being if he resigns with NYR then San Jose gets the pick)

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:07 PM
  #173
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Still missing numbers on Hughes...

TRADE GUIDELINE
PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT WITH NEW YORK RANGERS 2013 (49)

NEW YORK RANGERS (24)
Nr Pos Player Caphit Status Team Drafted
1 D McDonagh, Ryan (ELC) $1,300,000* RFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #12 Montreal (2007)
2 F Stepan, Derek (ELC) $875,000 RFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHLR2 #51 NYR (2008)
3 F Hagelin, Carl (ELC) $875,000* RFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL R6 #168 NYR (2007)
4 D Sauer, Michael (LTIR) $1,250,000 RFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL R2 #40 NYR (2005)
5 D Hamrlik, Roman $3,500,000 UFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #1 Washington (1992)
6 D Eminger, Steve $750,000 UFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #12 Washington (2002)
7 D Zuccarello, Mats $750,000 UFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL Undrafted
8 D Gilroy, Matt $650,000 UFA 2013 New York Rangers/NHL Undrafted
9 D Del Zotto, M. $2,550,000 RFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #20 NYR (2008)
10 F Kreider, Chris (ELC) $1,325,000* RFA 2014New York Rangers/NHL R1 #19 NYR (2009)
11 F Gaborik, Marian (NTC) $7,500,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #3 Minnesota (2000)
12 G Lundqvist, Henrik $6,875,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R7 #208 NYR (2000)
13 F Callahan, Ryan $4,275,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R4 #127 NYR (2004)
14 D Girardi, Dan $3,325,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL Undrafted
15 D Stralman, Anton $1,700,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R7 #216 Toronto (2005)
16 F Boyle, Brian $1,700,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #26 Los Angeles (2003)
17 F Pyatt, Taylor $1,550,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #8 New York Isles (1999)
18 F Powe, Darroll $1,066,667 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL Undrafted
19 G Biron, Martin $1,300,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #16 Buffalo (1995)
20 F Asham, Arron $1,000,000 UFA 2014 New York Rangers/NHL R3 #71 Montreal (1996)
21 F Miller, J.T. (ELC) $1,244,167* RFA 2015 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #15 NYR (2011)
22 D Staal, Marc (LTIR) $3,975,000 UFA 2015 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #12 NYR (2005)
23 F Nash, Rick (NMC) $7,800,000 UFA 2019 New York Rangers/NHL R1 #1 Columbus (2002)
24 F Richards, Brad (NMC) $6,666,667 UFA 2020 New York Rangers/NHL R3 #64 Tampa Bay (1998)

Assigned to AHL/ECHL/Europe (25)
Nr Pos Player Caphit Status Team Drafted
25 D Delisle, Steven (ELC) $733,333* RFA 2013 Greenville Road Warriors/ECHL R4 #107 CBJ (2008)
26 D Niemi, Jyri (ELC) $700,000* RFA 2013 Greenville Road Warriors/ECHL R3 #72 NYI (2008)
27 F Ferriero, Benn $700,000 RFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL R7 #196 Phoenix (2006)
28 D Pyett, Logan $600,000 RFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL R7 #212 Detroit (2006)
29 F Palmieri, Nick $577,500 RFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL R3 #79 New Jersey Devils (2007)
30 F Mashinter, Brandon $550,000 RFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
31 D Parlett, Blake (ELC) $537,500 RFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
32 D Collins, Sean $600,000 UFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
33 F Segal, Brandon $550,000 UFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL R4 #102 Nashville (2002)
34 D Vernace, Mike $525,000 UFA 2013 Connecticut Whale/AHL R7 #201 San Jose (2004)
35 F Jean, Kyle (ELC) $925,000* RFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
36 F Bourque, Ryan (ELC) $900,000* RFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL R3 #80 NYR (2009)
37 G Missiaen, Jason (ELC) $750,000* RFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHLUndrafted
38 G Stajcer, Scott (ELC) $700,000* RFA 2014 Greenville Road Warriors/ECHLR5 #140 NYR (2009)
39 F Wilson, Jason (ELC) $588,333 RFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL R5 #130 NYR (2010)
40 D McIlrath, Dylan (ELC) $1,295,000* RFA 2015 Connecticut Whale/AHL R1 #10 NYR (2010)
41 F Fast(h), Jesper (ELC) $900,000* RFA 2015Connecticut Whale/AHL??? R6 #157 NYR (2010)
42 D Bickel, Stu $750,000 UFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
43 F Newbury, Kris $600,000 UFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL R5 #139 San Jose (2002)
44 F Haley, Micheal $600,000 UFA 2014 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
45 F Thomas, Christian (ELC) $970,000* RFA 2015 Connecticut Whale/AHL R2 #40 NYR (2010)
46 F Yogan, Andrew (ELC) $800,000 RFA 2015 Connecticut Whale/AHL R4 #100 NYR (2010)
47 F Lindberg, Oscar (ELC) $760,000* RFA 2015 Loaned to Skellefteå AIK/SEL R2 #57 PHX (2010)
48 F Hrivik, Marek (ELC) $685,000* RFA 2015 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted
49 G Talbot, Cameron $562,600 UFA 2015 Connecticut Whale/AHL Undrafted

CONTRACTED PLAYERS THAT DO NOT COUNT against 50 contract limit in 2013
Nr Pos Player Caphit Status Team Drafted
+ D Allen, Connor (ELC) $1,775,000* RFA 2015Connecticut Whale/AHL?undrafted
+ D Hughes, Tommy (ELC) $NA* RFA 2015??Juniors - London Knights/OHLundrafted
+ F Nicholls, J. (ELC) $709,167 RFA 2016 Juniors - Saskatoon Blades/WHL R7 #182 Toronto Maple Leafs (2010)
+ F St. Croix, M. (ELC S) $665,000 RFA 2016 Juniors - Edmonton Oil Kings/WHL R4 #106 NYR (2011)

Players still unsigned but with rights retained by NYR
Pos PlayerTeam Drafted
D Pashnin, Mikhail HC Lokomotiv Yaroslavl/KHL R7 #200 NYR (2009)
F Fogarty, Steven Notre Dame Fighting Irish/CCHA R3 #72 NYR (2011)
F McColgan, Shane Saskatoon Blades/WHL R5 #134 NYR (2011)
D Noreau, Samuel Baie-Comeau Drakkar/LHJMQ R5 #136 NYR(2011)
D Čerešňák, Peter Peterborough Petes/OHL R6 #172 NYR (2011)
D Skjei, Brady Minnesota Golden Gophers/WCHA R1 #28 NYR (2012)
F Nieves, Cristoval Michigan Wolverines/CCHA R2 #59 NYR (2012)
D Andersson, Calle Malmö /HA R4 #119 NYR (2012)
F Spelling, Thomas Oskarshamn/HA R5 #142 NYR(2012)

* - includes bonus money in contract
ELC - denotes player on Entry Level Contract
NTC - denotes No Trade Clause in Contract
NMC - denotes No Movement Clause in Contract
LTIR - denotes player placed on Long time injury reserve

NYR Draft picks in 2013
  • 2nd round NYR
  • 3rd round Florida (for W. Wolski 2012)
  • 3rd round Nashville (for NYR 3rd round pick 2012)
  • 3rd round NYR
  • 3rd round Columbus (in Nash trade 2012, conditional - that NYR do not go to SC finals in 2013)
  • 4th round NYR
  • 6th round NYR
  • NO 1st rounder (traded to Columbus for Rick Nash... 2012)
  • NO 5th rounder (traded to Nashville for Nashville 5th 2012 - chose Tomas Spelling at #142)
  • NO 7th rounder (traded to Minnesota along with Eric "Crusher" Christensen for Casey Wellman 2012)
NYR Draft picks in 2014
  • 1st round NYR
  • 2nd round NYR
  • 3rd round NYR
  • 4th round NYR
  • 5th round Florida (for Casey Wellman)
  • 5th round NYR
  • 6th round NYR
  • Eventually NO 7th rounder (conditionally traded to San Jose along with Tommy "horror-movie" Grant for Brandon Mashinter 2013 - condition being if he resigns with NYR then San Jose gets the pick)
Thank you BBKers for the time and effort into this post. Very interesting to see what happens.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:12 PM
  #174
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Some people have a horrible evaluation of Staal and are showing they literally know nothing about hockey.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 03:14 PM
  #175
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Trading Girardi is intriguing. I never felt he was a 1st pairing D-man, but rather a guy that played on the 1st pair for the Rangers, did it admirably, but a D-man whose value is inflated playing this system.

I think the Rangers could swap him to a team for a top 6 LW. Unfortunately, RH defensemen are already a need for the Rangers and jettisoning Girardi just makes that hole larger.
As much as I love Girardi, I've been thinking of this for the better part of 3 years now.

He's not a #2. Ideal #3/4, but not a top-pairing guy.

With Staal/McD being #1/#2, we need that 3rd or 4th guy to be much more offensively gifted than Girardi. Sucks to say it but it's true.

That's enough reason for me, let alone the cap situation going forward with our d-corps.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.