HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 09:07 AM
  #126
Madevilz
Registered User
 
Madevilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Loca...-sources-say/1



-From Robin Short, lead sports reporter for the Evening Telegram in St. John's, NL where Clowe is from.
Would love to see them give youth and picks for a pending UFA, and then miss the playoffs.

Madevilz is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:07 AM
  #127
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al
 
JusticeBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
Wouldn't put too much worth into it. This guy writes about local senior hockey teams, not the NHL. While it does make sense, local guy, phillys situation, Newfoundlanders inability to keep something secret, why would he be the only guy with the inside scoop? No other NHL insider has gotten word on this?

JusticeBeaver is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:09 AM
  #128
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,944
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Informed opinion on Clowe seems polarized between him being a total idiot and useless, versus being that character guy who could be a power forward.

Can anyone track down where the idea of getting him originated? Was it credible chatter from within the media, or is it just our fan base fixating on this guy and not letting go? Is Clowe a real possibility or just some of our fans' wet dream?
A bit of both. It was pure speculation on his part but Pierre Lebrun did say he wouldn't be shocked if Clowe was the kind of guy Bergevin would be in the market for. I think a lot of media pundits feel like his size/grit would fill an obvious need for us.

On the other hand, Bergevin said he wasn't going to mortgage the future for a rental so if the price is too high on Clowe, he'll likely pass.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:10 AM
  #129
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeBeaver View Post
Wouldn't put too much worth into it. This guy writes about local senior hockey teams, not the NHL. While it does make sense, local guy, phillys situation, Newfoundlanders inability to keep something secret, why would he be the only guy with the inside scoop? No other NHL insider has gotten word on this?
Just posted by Lebrun.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Not written in stone but possible a Clowe trade goes down today... Clowe camp and Sharks on same page as far as teams in mix. Clowe has NTC

HomaridII is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:11 AM
  #130
FinnHab
Registered User
 
FinnHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: overseas...
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Loca...-sources-say/1



-From Robin Short, lead sports reporter for the Evening Telegram in St. John's, NL where Clowe is from.

Of course, what a "surprise". Trigger happy Holmgren and his panic moves...

FinnHab is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:11 AM
  #131
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al
 
JusticeBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
Exactly, and read that teams in mix are Rangers, Bruins, and Habs no?

I read that CSN California reported his agent asked him to waive his NTC this morning.

Edit: Okay looks to be more. Thanks LEBRUN.

JusticeBeaver is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:15 AM
  #132
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,523
vCash: 500
From this post


Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Not written in stone but possible a Clowe trade goes down today... Clowe camp and Sharks on same page as far as teams in mix. Clowe has NTC

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 31s

Among teams that I believe have at least talked to SJ are Flyers, Wild, Canucks, Habs, Rangers, Bruins... and believe there are more...

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...26565213134848

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...26247700107265

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:16 AM
  #133
Lshap
Registered User
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
A bit of both. It was pure speculation on his part but Pierre Lebrun did say he wouldn't be shocked if Clowe was the kind of guy Bergevin would be in the market for. I think a lot of media pundits feel like his size/grit would fill an obvious need for us.

On the other hand, Bergevin said he wasn't going to mortgage the future for a rental so if the price is too high on Clowe, he'll likely pass.
Thanks!

(If I took a drink every time someone used the phrase, "Mortgage the future", I would've mortgaged my liver a month ago).

Lshap is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:25 AM
  #134
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,317
vCash: 500
I'm actually warming up to the clowe idea if the price is right... But I saw in the main trade board that a deal with Philly is close

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:27 AM
  #135
ChesterNimitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CinCPac
Country: Midway Islands
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
We currently have 4 picks in the top 60 choices in the upcoming draft. Depending on how Dallas finishes, we may have 5 picks in the top 70. If you want to get excited, just check out some of the mock drafts online and see the quality of players the Canadiens are projected to select. The 2013 draft is unusually deep and most teams will be able to draft several players that will be valuable assets down the road. To give up such a potential asset for a rental player is dubious planning at best. Perhaps if the team was one player away from making a real run, one could consider such a short term approach. Does anyone in their heart of hearts truly believe that Montreal is one player away from victory? Let the other teams engage in the annual festival of overpayment for declining talent.

One should always be reminded of the old adage that the best trades are usually the ones that you don't make.

ChesterNimitz is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:30 AM
  #136
FinnHab
Registered User
 
FinnHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: overseas...
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,203
vCash: 500
Id luv to have Clowe in our beloved Habs but it seems that bidding war is ahead. Im sure that this trade circus ends as they usually end: Flyers or Rangers will win this (again)...

FinnHab is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:31 AM
  #137
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
I ****ing hope that Clowe will be traded here!! We need him!!!

Hannibal is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:32 AM
  #138
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
We currently have 4 picks in the top 60 choices in the upcoming draft. Depending on how Dallas finishes, we may have 5 picks in the top 70. If you want to get excited, just check out some of the mock drafts online and see the quality of players the Canadiens are projected to select. The 2013 draft is unusually deep and most teams will be able to draft several players that will be valuable assets down the road. To give up such a potential asset for a rental player is dubious planning at best. Perhaps if the team was one player away from making a real run, one could consider such a short term approach. Does anyone in their heart of hearts truly believe that Montreal is one player away from victory? Let the other teams engage in the annual festival of overpayment for declining talent. One should always be reminded of the old adage that the best trades are usually the ones that you don't make.
At this point, I'd not want the habs to trade picks for players because of the deep draft and Timmins factor. But there are bound to be prospects we can trade that we are confident won't come back to bite us in the ass. I won't pretend to know who these prospects are but there are has to be some guys who haven't developed according to plan.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:32 AM
  #139
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,414
vCash: 500
We really don't have any wingers like Clowe. As long as it is not our 1st in this years draft he might be valuable to our small winger situation. They should also try to sign him if the payment is high as a rental player if you give up young talent like Leblanc, Ellis plus picks you need to get your moneys worth long term.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:32 AM
  #140
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Id luv to have Clowe in our beloved Habs but it seems that bidding war is ahead. Im sure that this trade circus ends as they usually end: Flyers or Rangers will win this (again)...
Yeah, my absolute max would be Leblanc + 1st, but I'd be very hesitant. I'd probably cut it off at Calgary's 2nd.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:33 AM
  #141
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,944
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Thanks!

(If I took a drink every time someone used the phrase, "Mortgage the future", I would've mortgaged my liver a month ago).
Yeah sorry, I'm not a fan of that term either but it's still early and couldn't come up with anything else

hototogisu is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:33 AM
  #142
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,340
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Id luv to have Clowe in our beloved Habs but it seems that bidding war is ahead. Im sure that this trade circus ends as they usually end: Flyers or Rangers will win this (again)...
If one of those two teams gets him, it's a good consolation as he doesn't go to a team that we have to worry about too much.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:34 AM
  #143
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,944
vCash: 500
Awards:
For what it's worth, Lebrun did tweet today that the Habs, along with several other teams, have called about Clowe. So Bergevin is definitely kicking the tires, if nothing else.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:34 AM
  #144
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,732
vCash: 500
I'd like to get Clowe (despite the season he's had) but it really depends on the price. Now that Talbot is out, if Flyers aren't sellers, I expect them to give up more for him. Be that the case... I dont want to give up alot for Clowe.

Gary320 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:36 AM
  #145
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Yeah, my absolute max would be Leblanc + 1st, but I'd be very hesitant. I'd probably cut it off at Calgary's 2nd.
Leblanc and a 1st is too much for me...Leblanc was still a first round pick and hasn't been ruled a full lost cause ala Fischer....

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:36 AM
  #146
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,477
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Yeah, my absolute max would be Leblanc + 1st, but I'd be very hesitant. I'd probably cut it off at Calgary's 2nd.
He's not worth that.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:38 AM
  #147
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I'd like to get Clowe (despite the season he's had) but it really depends on the price. Now that Talbot is out, if Flyers aren't sellers, I expect them to give up more for him. Be that the case... I dont want to give up alot for Clowe.
As nice as Clowe would be on the Habs...seeing the Flyers sell off assets for a player they don't need will be priceless.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:38 AM
  #148
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
Good Lord, please, let Clowe come to Montreal if Bourque is not close from a return.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:39 AM
  #149
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
Leblanc + Calgary 2rd pick is what i would give. I would even add a 3rd if necessery.

Hannibal is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 09:39 AM
  #150
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
He's not worth that.
Agreed. That's TWO 1st for a guy who hasn't scored a goal this year. Me thinks not so much

shutehinside is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.