HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eller to Vancouver

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 07:51 AM
  #76
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAntwon View Post
We traded Hodgson for Kassian I don't believe we would trade kassian for eller
Right but there were other motivating factors in trading Hodgson...and let's face it that's not looking like the best deal for the Nucks right now.

I think Eller for Kassian is roughly fair value, but i don't see Montreal doing it. Eller has been playing some really solid hockey for the Habs.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 07:54 AM
  #77
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
That's your opinion. While I respect it, I certainly don't share it. In a deep draft, with Timmins in control, I'd take a top 5-10 pick overall (by trading up, remember) over Eller and that's not counting Kassian!
And how the hell are you going to get a #5 overall pick? That's seriously dreaming.

Let's say its the #22 and #26 pick. The highest we are getting is probably #12.

No way does the #22 and #26 get a single digit selection. We'd have to add 3 picks to get something like that done and that's ridiculous. I'd rather just give Timmins the extras picks.

I already said, if Bergervin could somehow turn Eller + our 1st into Kassian + #5.. I would do it in a heartbeat. But that would never happen. Not even in NHL '13.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:26 AM
  #78
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
And how the hell are you going to get a #5 overall pick? That's seriously dreaming.

Let's say its the #22 and #26 pick. The highest we are getting is probably #12.

No way does the #22 and #26 get a single digit selection. We'd have to add 3 picks to get something like that done and that's ridiculous. I'd rather just give Timmins the extras picks.

I already said, if Bergervin could somehow turn Eller + our 1st into Kassian + #5.. I would do it in a heartbeat. But that would never happen. Not even in NHL '13.
First of all, if you read my post, you'll see that I wrote pick 5-10.

Secondly, it's happened before and it will happen again. It all depends what you package in return (picks/prospects/current players). It depends who the team has its sights on.

Stop playing the "know-it-all" and digressing into "NHL '13" insults and look at the history of the game instead. You'll see that it's been done.

You throw numbers in the air (22-26) as if it's a fact. You're guessing as you don't even know what could be offered!

You want facts? It's been done before and it will be done again! Eller for Kassian and Vancouver's 1st could be done but I'm not so sure the Canucks would even accept. It's Eller we're talking about here, not Crosby for cryin' out loud.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:43 AM
  #79
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
You might be able to get DD out of montreal. he d be a good 2 nd center for ya

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:56 AM
  #80
Awesomesauce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Some people believe that Vancouver would consider trading Kassian for Eller? Really?

Eller isn't even good enough to make the Canucks right now. He literally would be in the minors right now.

Kassian isn't in the minors because he can't score, its because he hasn't been playing with enough energy or well enough defensively. Given Eller level offensive opportunity I have little doubt he would be outscoring Eller and he unarguably has superior natural talent.

Eller turns 24 in a month and Kassian turned 22 two months ago.

Eller + 1st is MAYBE enough, but quite frankly even that. The Canucks knew exactly what Cody Hodgson was when they traded him and they STILL made the deal.

Awesomesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:10 AM
  #81
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomesauce View Post
Some people believe that Vancouver would consider trading Kassian for Eller? Really?

Eller isn't even good enough to make the Canucks right now. He literally would be in the minors right now.

Kassian isn't in the minors because he can't score, its because he hasn't been playing with enough energy or well enough defensively. Given Eller level offensive opportunity I have little doubt he would be outscoring Eller and he unarguably has superior natural talent.

Eller turns 24 in a month and Kassian turned 22 two months ago.

Eller + 1st is MAYBE enough, but quite frankly even that. The Canucks knew exactly what Cody Hodgson was when they traded him and they STILL made the deal.
right, so let me get this logic straightened out: Eller isn't good enough to play for the Canucks, who have a worse record than the Habs this year, and the 'unarguable' natural talent that is Kassian, who is much better than Eller, is in the minors because his passion and defensive game suck right now

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:10 AM
  #82
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomesauce View Post
Some people believe that Vancouver would consider trading Kassian for Eller? Really?

Eller isn't even good enough to make the Canucks right now. He literally would be in the minors right now.

Kassian isn't in the minors because he can't score, its because he hasn't been playing with enough energy or well enough defensively. Given Eller level offensive opportunity I have little doubt he would be outscoring Eller and he unarguably has superior natural talent.

Eller turns 24 in a month and Kassian turned 22 two months ago.

Eller + 1st is MAYBE enough, but quite frankly even that. The Canucks knew exactly what Cody Hodgson was when they traded him and they STILL made the deal.
Eller play's on the third line in Montreal and started the year on the 4th line. He doesn't get PP time. despite all that the Canucks only have 5 forwards outproducing him (excluding Kesler). I'm not sure what you mean by offensive opportunity, as Kassian has gotten more PP time and they have played comparable minutes.

I can literally find no basis as to why Kassian is better than Eller RIGHT NOW or that Eller couldn't crack Vancouver's line-up.

Is this an April Fools thing?

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:13 AM
  #83
Domino11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
If Eller go to Vancouver u have to send us Hansen .. Danish for Danish !!

Eller and Hansen on the third line would be too good to be true for both team and everybody know it so if someone want to acquired the other one it will cost a lot and a big overpayment ... Eller and Hansen together would defenetly be the best third line in the eagle

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:30 AM
  #84
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Eller play's on the third line in Montreal and started the year on the 4th line. He doesn't get PP time. despite all that the Canucks only have 5 forwards outproducing him (excluding Kesler). I'm not sure what you mean by offensive opportunity, as Kassian has gotten more PP time and they have played comparable minutes.

I can literally find no basis as to why Kassian is better than Eller RIGHT NOW or that Eller couldn't crack Vancouver's line-up.

Is this an April Fools thing?
It is a "fool" thing, all right.

Eller is worth more than Kassian. Kassian is a very interesting and promising prospect, but he is not at Eller's level, yet. Eller has gotten better every single season, defensively AND offensively, even though he gets 3rd and 4th line minutes and no PP time. He is worth more than Kassian.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:45 AM
  #85
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
It is a "fool" thing, all right.

Eller is worth more than Kassian. Kassian is a very interesting and promising prospect, but he is not at Eller's level, yet. Eller has gotten better every single season, defensively AND offensively, even though he gets 3rd and 4th line minutes and no PP time. He is worth more than Kassian.

I've been advocating Eller for VAN for a while now. That said, I would not deal Kassian for Eller. Nor would MTL do it because Eller helps them more now. Kassian is all about upside. He plays with an intention sometimes that Eller has never shown, despite being more polished. If he hits his mark, there's only a handful of players around the league like him. Big, fighting PWFs that can play.

Eller is fast becoming a very solid two way forward. I like the strides he's making. Don't know about his fit in MTL long term, but for now he serves their purpose to compete better than Kassian does. While VAN is going to slowly develop Kassian into the forward they think he can be. The trade doesn't fit and that's all that needs to be said.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:00 AM
  #86
Awesomesauce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Eller play's on the third line in Montreal and started the year on the 4th line. He doesn't get PP time. despite all that the Canucks only have 5 forwards outproducing him (excluding Kesler). I'm not sure what you mean by offensive opportunity, as Kassian has gotten more PP time and they have played comparable minutes.

I can literally find no basis as to why Kassian is better than Eller RIGHT NOW or that Eller couldn't crack Vancouver's line-up.

Is this an April Fools thing?
I watch about 80% of Montreal games, I know exactly where Eller plays and how he is used. Eller is a good 2 way player, right now hes worth every bit of his 4 goals offensively. Let me clarify, Eller would not play on a healthy Canucks team right now. Hes not good enough defensively to play 3rd line center and hes not good enough offensively to play anywhere else. Hes also not a 4th liner (although clearly a better player then that).

My statement was that given equal opportunity this season (a player drafted 2 years after Eller) would imo outproduce him offensively without being significantly worse defensively while having an upside that Eller couldn't dream about.

This is I believe my second post on the trade board, that's how ludicrous the idea is to me. Kassian has shown many signs of Bertuzzi level ability, and is unlikely not to turn into a significantly better player then Eller is likely to ever be and that is ignoring the remaining elc/RFA years that would be very valuable to a cap team.

Hansen is IMO a much more reasonable target for an Eller trade straight across. Hansen is better and cheaper but Eller is younger, has more upside and is a center. I could see that trade making sense even though I am not sure I would do that.

Awesomesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.