HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Penguins recall D Robert Bortuzzo from conditioning assignment with WBS

Old
04-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerz View Post
No doubt disco favors vets. But I just don't see Bourtuzzo being anything other than a bottom pairing dman. We have enough of those types on the team in Murray, Engelland, Eaton and Orpik at this point.

Bobby Bourtuzzo is so damn overrated on these boards. You'd think he was a future NHL star like Tabgradi, Caputi or C. Bourque from all the praise.
Except, you know, Bortuzzo's a rookie and everyone else on that list is 30+. Which should probably be taken into account when you're evaluating a player's ultimate upside.

Bort's looked solid in his limited role. No reason not to be optimistic about his chances going forward considering how he's performed so far, his size and skillset, and his cost-certainty.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingerz View Post
No doubt disco favors vets. But I just don't see Bourtuzzo being anything other than a bottom pairing dman. We have enough of those types on the team in Murray, Engelland, Eaton and Orpik at this point.

Bobby Bourtuzzo is so damn overrated on these boards. You'd think he was a future NHL star like Tabgradi, Caputi or C. Bourque from all the praise.
Posts like these make me want to infract myself.
I award you no points whatsoever.

We got Engelland as an important contributor at near league minimum. Playing solid D and making it possible that we can pay significant salary to others. This is crucial. Bortuzzo can have the same role and has been excellent in that capacity this season.

He is the kind of player who is a valuable asset until he can demand a salary that says he isn't.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:12 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Except, you know, Bortuzzo's a rookie and everyone else on that list is 30+. Which should probably be taken into account when you're evaluating a player's ultimate upside.

Bort's looked solid in his limited role. No reason not to be optimistic about his chances going forward considering how he's performed so far, his size and skillset, and his cost-certainty.
Bort actually had surprising offensive instincts and skating ability in the few times he played, imo. He jumped up at the right times, exploited soft spots, and was able to get his shot off. As a rookie. I think there's some room for growth, there.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Bort actually had surprising offensive instincts and skating ability in the few times he played, imo. He jumped up at the right times, exploited soft spots, and was able to get his shot off. As a rookie. I think there's some room for growth, there.
This is so wrong. Everyone knows that if Eaton is in the lineup over you then you suck at hockey. After all, Eaton couldn't even get a contract.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
I'd rather have Bortuzzo play ahead of Orpik sometimes. Hope he get a few.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:15 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
This is so wrong. Everyone knows that if Eaton is in the lineup over you then you suck at hockey. After all, Eaton couldn't even get a contract.
That's true. Does Pennsylvania support executions? If not, we need to ship Bort off to Texas to rectify the situation immediately.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
That's true. Does Pennsylvania support executions? If not, we need to ship Bort off to Texas to rectify the situation immediately.
Take him out behind Consol and shoot him. Instantly frees up a roster spot.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
They tried that with Tangradi once. It turned out they didn't have the mentality to follow through.

Polaris Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:42 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
That doesn't count against the cap?!?!?!

I hope Mike Gillis never finds out about this, I enjoy Luongo's tweets too much.