Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Board 2013 NHL Draft Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 12:18 PM
HubOfHockey1918

vCash: 500
What do you think of this draft?

I know it's early, but I'm in a mock draft game where I'm the Bruins these are my picks so far:

1-21 Kerby Rychel F Windsor (OHL)
2-51 Chris Bigras D Owen Sound (OHL)
2-57 (NSH) Jimmy Lodge F Saginaw (OHL)
3-81 Luke Ripley D Powell River (BCHL)-Notre Dame Commit
4-111 Daniel LaFontaine F Avon Old Farms (HIGH-CT)

I traded Jordan Caron to Nashville for a 2nd rounder (Lodge) and a 7th rounder (206) overall.

What do you think of this draft for the Bruins?

HubOfHockey1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:35 AM
MTaylorJ1

Latest draft rankings from Dom.

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/janua...ntdown-10-1--2

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:56 PM
bobber

Watching Bailey play yesterday against London who have Domi and Bo Horvat. I thought he out played both. He is 6'3" and almost 200 pounds and you can see he has some filling out to do but he will be a good pick for some team. Bo Horvat is one of those real thick type individuals that plays hard every game. Has the size to play pro hockey. Always looks good. Domi is a very smart player with great hands and although on the short side he is about 195. Fast skater. Just a little selfish with the puck at times in my opinion. Still should go high with his skill level.

bobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

The 20-30 spot in this draft looks to have an abundance of forwards available. I'm all for BPA, but would really like to see another stud d-man drafted by the Bruins. Our defensive depth in our top 4 could become a weakness without resupplies coming up through the system. I'd like to see some more possible top 6 forward and top 4 d-man talent added to the system. Enough of the bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing small d-men.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:37 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
The 20-30 spot in this draft looks to have an abundance of forwards available. I'm all for BPA, but would really like to see another stud d-man drafted by the Bruins. Our defensive depth in our top 4 could become a weakness without resupplies coming up through the system. I'd like to see some more possible top 6 forward and top 4 d-man talent added to the system. Enough of the bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing small d-men.
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a stud defenseman if there were to be one there.

But if there is a big physical winger with top 6 potential available, then the Bruins have a real need in the system for one of those as well.

The development of Hamilton, along with the high level of play starting from Krug gives the B's some youth. Add in Trotman, and Grzlecek and there are 4 really solid prospects.

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Bruins78

Jordan Subban with 3 goals and an assist tonight...now with 14/27/41 totals on the year.

Dom or anyone else high on any undrafted Juniors slated to be FA's? Looking strictly at point totals in the O, Charles Sarault seems like an intriguing playmaker but I noticed it looks like a killer line overall and not sure what's driving those results. Was also curious about Riley Brace if anyone has insight into his game. Both have their draft status as FA on their OHL profile but would both these guys be draft eligible again?

Bruins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins78 View Post
Jordan Subban with 3 goals and an assist tonight...now with 14/27/41 totals on the year.

Dom or anyone else high on any undrafted Juniors slated to be FA's? Looking strictly at point totals in the O, Charles Sarault seems like an intriguing playmaker but I noticed it looks like a killer line overall and not sure what's driving those results. Was also curious about Riley Brace if anyone has insight into his game. Both have their draft status as FA on their OHL profile but would both these guys be draft eligible again?
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...h-signing.html

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...be-signed.html

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Bruins78

Well that works, thanks.

Bruins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Dom - OHL

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...-for-2013.html

Old
02-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a stud defenseman if there were to be one there.

But if there is a big physical winger with top 6 potential available, then the Bruins have a real need in the system for one of those as well.

The development of Hamilton, along with the high level of play starting from Krug gives the B's some youth. Add in Trotman, and Grzlecek and there are 4 really solid prospects.
Have to disagree. With Payne and Camara in the system, the team appears well positioned at Power Forward.

I believe the Bruins need a big D for depth. Krug and Warsofski and Grzelczyk are all small albeit talented. A mobile thumper is my call at the Bs selection.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:05 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
my February Red Line has Horvat the highest ranking Knight at I think 14 overall....Nurse is rising and is at 8 overall. Good stuff though Dom, will be using this for our draft (Joe has become the latest HF to good for us snob so screw him if he has a problem if I bug you for tips)

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
my February Red Line has Horvat the highest ranking Knight at I think 14 overall....Nurse is rising and is at 8 overall. Good stuff though Dom, will be using this for our draft (Joe has become the latest HF to good for us snob so screw him if he has a problem if I bug you for tips)
NP Dan. Don't think Joe will be to upset. Haven't heard from him in weeks. Use to text me everyday about trades. If he didn't make a trade a day he wasn't happy

That's not my work though, that's Brock Otten's blog. He posts here once in a while. Well respected around the OHL. Those rankings are based on a survey of 17 folks who cover the OHL either through media or scouting. Brock is always kind enough to include me.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Dom - OHL

I know some are interested in stats, so here's the draft eligible player statistical leaders from the OHL

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/draft...ers-week-22--2

Old
02-25-2013, 11:20 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
I know some are interested in stats, so here's the draft eligible player statistical leaders from the OHL

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/draft...ers-week-22--2
Sweet list. Do you have an idea which of these players may actually be available for our beloved?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Sweet list. Do you have an idea which of these players may actually be available for our beloved?
I assume you mean 25 to 30 range?

Take out Monahan, Nurse, Domi and maybe Zadorov and there's your answer.

Some will be second rounders however.

The guy I want is Justin Bailey from Kitchener. Having a very good rookie year and I believe Kirk now has him ranked number one among New York State born players.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Rumpy

Quote:
I assume you mean 25 to 30 range?

Take out Monahan, Nurse, Domi and maybe Zadorov and there's your answer.

Some will be second rounders however.

The guy I want is Justin Bailey from Kitchener. Having a very good rookie year and I believe Kirk now has him ranked number one among New York State born players.
Reading your write up Bailey is the guy I found compelling.

From the couple fun games I've caught Mirco Mueller is the only guy I'd consider. Not a prototypical Bruin though and I highly doubt they take a soft dman.

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:00 PM
reffree

I don't know how to ask the question, but do you think B's draft alot of OHL players recently because of prefference or connection or do you think it was just becauses the OHL was the stronger place to draft in those years?

Since this years The Dub as a good year and the Q as an amazing year could we see the Bruins drafting from other CHL league? My answer to this is yes, but I'm not in the known.

Edit: I'm asking because they drafted alot of OHLer recently and have alot of prospect playing there. You wanna see the developpement of your prospect so you may see more OHL game and the more you see a player the more you can find something interesting to developp in that player and it kinda goes full circle.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Dom - OHL

My latest OHL draft rankings.

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/end-o...skater-1-10--2

Justin Bailey - ton of potential and upside, but still raw. Few years away but damn he'd look good in black and gold. Should be on the board when Bruins pick

Old
03-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Suck, suck, suck!

What are the odds the Bruins keep their 1st round pick? OOG, are the in on any deals that would require their 1st to be dealt?

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
My latest OHL draft rankings.

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/end-o...skater-1-10--2

Justin Bailey - ton of potential and upside, but still raw. Few years away but damn he'd look good in black and gold. Should be on the board when Bruins pick
Dom would you ever be so kind to do maybe your top 10 or top 30 or take a shot at a mock and see how you do?

I have seen people put Nurse ahead of Monaghan and SM seems to have taken a hit over the last few months... my guess is lack of offensive production for that?... but he is on a very poor team so shouldn't be blamed... Begining of year he was a top 5/6 lock but seeing mocks with Nurse ahead and SM going in the 7,8 and 8 spot.

Curious your thoughts on all the above if possible.

Thanks.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:09 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

Dan talking sh**, as usual, trying to stir the pot. This one is as about as truthful as me having beer with Haggs

Quote:
NP Dan. Don't think Joe will be to upset. Haven't heard from him in weeks. Use to text me everyday about trades. If he didn't make a trade a day he wasn't happy

That's not my work though, that's Brock Otten's blog. He posts here once in a while. Well respected around the OHL. Those rankings are based on a survey of 17 folks who cover the OHL either through media or scouting. Brock is always kind enough to include me.

I figured I would give you a rest from my incessant SIM trade questions so you could do your real job Tried a different approach this year, and let the team gel for about half a season before adding a couple of guys at the deadline.

Have no feel for the draft yet, although I think I will be attending (with my son and Lou). Too busy with work, lacrosse and baseball right now.

ps Dan is just jealous

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Dom would you ever be so kind to do maybe your top 10 or top 30 or take a shot at a mock and see how you do?

I have seen people put Nurse ahead of Monaghan and SM seems to have taken a hit over the last few months... my guess is lack of offensive production for that?... but he is on a very poor team so shouldn't be blamed... Begining of year he was a top 5/6 lock but seeing mocks with Nurse ahead and SM going in the 7,8 and 8 spot.

Curious your thoughts on all the above if possible.

Thanks.
Its not that I don't want to take the time too, but to do one properly would require spending enough time watching all the players involved and I just don't do that. There's a definite (I wouldn't say biased but for lack of a better term) OHL bias for all the time I spend at those games.

I try and stay away from consensus rankings as well. For example, last one was in 2011 with 11 other people. We got to number 10 and I voted Brandon Saad. Kept getting outvoted from that 10 spot all the way into the 50's where most finally agreed. If memory serves me, Saad went early 40's so they were probably right, at least in comparisson to the actual draft.

But, would you take Saad top 15 in a re-do of that draft today? Still to early to tell but based on what we've see so far - probably

Old
04-06-2013, 11:29 AM
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!

If the players on Chiarelli's board that he wanted are already gone, Shea Theodore is the one I would like to see taken by Boston. Seen him a few times while visiting Seattle, he brings it every game. I would even move up a few spots to make sure I did get Shea.

SanDogBrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Its not that I don't want to take the time too, but to do one properly would require spending enough time watching all the players involved and I just don't do that. There's a definite (I wouldn't say biased but for lack of a better term) OHL bias for all the time I spend at those games.

I try and stay away from consensus rankings as well. For example, last one was in 2011 with 11 other people. We got to number 10 and I voted Brandon Saad. Kept getting outvoted from that 10 spot all the way into the 50's where most finally agreed. If memory serves me, Saad went early 40's so they were probably right, at least in comparisson to the actual draft.

But, would you take Saad top 15 in a re-do of that draft today? Still to early to tell but based on what we've see so far - probably
Thanks Dom.

Any comment on the Nurse/Monaghan?... Do you personally put Monaghan ahead of Nurse or was that just the general OHL writers concenus?

Asking because now Craig Button has Nurse ahead of Monaghan as well, mind you I don't always agree with Mr. Button (find he is out to lunch most of the time) but it does relate to the trend I mentioned earlier of other mock drafts/people slotting Nurse ahead of Monaghan and just curious your thoughts on that or those 2 players in general (if possible)

Thanks.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Thanks Dom.

Any comment on the Nurse/Monaghan?... Do you personally put Monaghan ahead of Nurse or was that just the general OHL writers concenus?

Asking because now Craig Button has Nurse ahead of Monaghan as well, mind you I don't always agree with Mr. Button (find he is out to lunch most of the time) but it does relate to the trend I mentioned earlier of other mock drafts/people slotting Nurse ahead of Monaghan and just curious your thoughts on that or those 2 players in general (if possible)

Thanks.
I've been real high on Nurse going way back to last season. I've seen those rankings but i find them more in mock drafts than i do rankings.

That said, no I have Monahan number one and there's no doubt in my mind. That's not a knock on Nurse. Monahan is NHL ready today, Nurse is 3 maybe 4 years away but his potential is sky high. Still very raw.