HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Targets (Part II)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 09:24 AM
  #551
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
With Philly salary would have to come back, so that seems odd. I assume our targets would be Schenn, Couturier, and Read. For a signed Clowe I don't know what the package would be of those 3, but you have to think it includes Philly's first if so. Seems like an odd move.
It wouldn't be for Schenn or Coots.... we didn't offer them up for Shea Weber, it won't happen for Clowe....

It doesn't make much sense, we hear you guys want to get young and like the size he brings, Clowe - so I thought it would be for Mcginn + a pick?

It is April fools after all.... ??

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:24 AM
  #552
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
With Philly salary would have to come back, so that seems odd. I assume our targets would be Schenn, Couturier, and Read. For a signed Clowe I don't know what the package would be of those 3, but you have to think it includes Philly's first if so. Seems like an odd move.
talbot just broke his leg, so that free's up 1.8 million in salary for them.

even with talbot counting, as it stands right now. the flyers can add 4 million in salary without taking any back.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:25 AM
  #553
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
It wouldn't be for Schenn or Coots.... we didn't offer them up for Shea Weber, it won't happen for Clowe....

It doesn't make much sense, we hear you guys want to get young and like the size he brings, Clowe - so I thought it would be for Mcginn + a pick?

It is April fools after all.... ??
mcginn doesn't play for the sharks any more.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:27 AM
  #554
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaShark View Post
Perhaps there's a blueliner going there, too? Philly needs D. (I know y'all do, but I hope it's not Boyle)
If so, the Sharks are tanking pure and simple. You trade Boyle right now and this team is done for the season. Frankly, it would be the most obvious tank I think i've ever witnessed. Would be a very bizarre thing to do right when the Sharks are playing good hockey finally.

Philly cannot afford to trade a D back, so if it's Clowe + Boyle for instance, we are getting a massive return in the form of forwards and picks. I'd literally want Schenn, Coutourier and the 1st. Not even sure that's enough...

We basically have to get enough that we can turn around and trade some small parts and peices for Yandle or Bouwmeester or something, and still move Burns back to D.

Basically, thats not likely.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:29 AM
  #555
FeedingFrenzy
Registered User
 
FeedingFrenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
With Philly salary would have to come back, so that seems odd. I assume our targets would be Schenn, Couturier, and Read. For a signed Clowe I don't know what the package would be of those 3, but you have to think it includes Philly's first if so. Seems like an odd move.
I said earlier that Clowe + for Voracek makes the most sense from a Sharks perspective. Still believe that..

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:29 AM
  #556
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
If so, the Sharks are tanking pure and simple. You trade Boyle right now and this team is done for the season. Frankly, it would be the most obvious tank I think i've ever witnessed. Would be a very bizarre thing to do right when the Sharks are playing good hockey finally.

Philly cannot afford to trade a D back, so if it's Clowe + Boyle for instance, we are getting a massive return in the form of forwards and picks. I'd literally want Schenn, Coutourier and the 1st. Not even sure that's enough...

We basically have to get enough that we can turn around and trade some small parts and peices for Yandle or Bouwmeester or something, and still move Burns back to D.

Basically, thats not likely.
WILL NOT happen.... we didn't offer either of that for the BEST D man in the game, Weber - it's not happening for them. Don't get to high.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:31 AM
  #557
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
I said earlier that Clowe + for Voracek makes the most sense from a Sharks perspective. Still believe that..
The only players that make sense on our board are READ or TYE MCGINN, WELLWOOD, Harry Z, HOLMSTROM, Scott Laughton, Cousins plus picks - hopefully not our first.... - all these guys are young which is what most sources from the SJS say is wanted back.

This doesn't make a lick of sense.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:35 AM
  #558
SilkyMitts
Registered User
 
SilkyMitts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Clowe for a 2nd and 4th.

lol @ giving up voracek

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:36 AM
  #559
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
The only players that make sense on our board are READ or TYE MCGINN, WELLWOOD, Harry Z, HOLMSTROM plus picks - hopefully not our first.... - all these guys are young which is what most sources from the SJS say is wanted back.

This doesn't make a lick of sense.
yes young, but other then read i don't think any of those players are nhl ready, which is another thing the sharks need from a clowe trade. unless of course after a 4 game winning streak and moving up to 6th in the west would cause them to give up on this season which would make absolutely zero sense whats so ever lol.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:36 AM
  #560
Sharksfan83
Registered User
 
Sharksfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
Clowe for a 2nd and 4th.

lol @ giving up voracek
I don't know if we move Clowe just for picks, I see some form of player coming back. Read + 2nd? Im not sure with values.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:37 AM
  #561
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,205
vCash: 500
So... we are giving up out best forward this season (Voracek) for 0 goals Clowe?

Ya... Homer better be run out if that happens.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:40 AM
  #562
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
yes young, but other then read i don't think any of those players are nhl ready, which is another thing the sharks need from a clowe trade. unless of course after a 4 game winning streak and moving up to 6th in the west would cause them to give up on this season which would make absolutely zero sense whats so ever lol.
like I have been posting, it makes little sense - it is aprils fools - even tho scouts were at the game...

too much for a day like today. ha!

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:41 AM
  #563
Arrch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NorCal
Country: United States
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
I hope my fellow Sharks fans don't get all high and mighty on other teams' boards.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:42 AM
  #564
SilkyMitts
Registered User
 
SilkyMitts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
I don't know if we move Clowe just for picks, I see some form of player coming back. Read + 2nd? Im not sure with values.
i really dont see us giving up anyone on the top two lines, or even anyone who dresses, for clowe. we need clowe because we have injuries and we need serviceable players who can step right in.

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:46 AM
  #565
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
like I have been posting, it makes little sense - it is aprils fools - even tho scouts were at the game...

too much for a day like today. ha!
None of those players you listed are going to get you Clowe + Boyle, which is what is being discussed here. The entire post was predicated on the idea of us sending Boyle back too (which someone asked about above).

I get the impression you guys are all jumping to slam us without actually reading what I wrote. If you think those players are going to get you Clowe + Boyle you are just as delusional.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:47 AM
  #566
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
I hope my fellow Sharks fans don't get all high and mighty on other teams' boards.
I think it would be a good dialogue - have we been high and mighty? I hope not.

I for one don't know much about Clowe, only that he works hard and is inconsistent at times, plays a two way game and has grit.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:47 AM
  #567
Sharksfan83
Registered User
 
Sharksfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
i really dont see us giving up anyone on the top two lines, or even anyone who dresses, for clowe. we need clowe because we have injuries and we need serviceable players who can step right in.
Then it'd most likely have to be a first if you have nothing serviceable to come back - Especially with Clowe resigned. Your forward prospects are not the most attractive pieces.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:50 AM
  #568
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
None of those players you listed are going to get you Clowe + Boyle, which is what is being discussed here. The entire post was predicated on the idea of us sending Boyle back too (which someone asked about above).

I get the impression you guys are all jumping to slam us without actually reading what I wrote. If you think those players are going to get you Clowe + Boyle you are just as delusional.
Sorry, I was under the impression I was speaking about Clowe only - b/c of the article in his hometown paper that was printed online - the salaries I'm not sure match up with the 3 pieces listed in your other post.

I think we are all trying to make sense of it all.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:50 AM
  #569
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I think it would be a good dialogue - have we been high and mighty? I hope not.

I for one don't know much about Clowe, only that he works hard and is inconsistent at times, plays a two way game and has grit.
i hope homer thinks this, because it just makes the deal all that much better for us lol.

but much worse for you lol

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:50 AM
  #570
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Then it'd most likely have to be a first if you have nothing serviceable to come back - Especially with Clowe resigned. Your forward prospects are not the most attractive pieces.
We know all too well...



dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:52 AM
  #571
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I think it would be a good dialogue - have we been high and mighty? I hope not.

I for one don't know much about Clowe, only that he works hard and is inconsistent at times, plays a two way game and has grit.
He does not play a two way game at all. He's the worst defensive forward on the team.

Clowe is a playmaking, goal scoring, poor skating, super physical forward. He's got very high hockey IQ, and is a very underated playmaker. He has a good wrist shot and can go toe-to-toe with anyone in the league in a fight. Basically a heavweight enforcer who also happens to be a very good (offensively) top-6 forward. He's having a bad season due to injuries, he has not lost a step or anything from what I've seen.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:53 AM
  #572
OffSydes
#tank2014/5
 
OffSydes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 715
vCash: 500
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 45m
Not written in stone but possible a Clowe trade goes down today... Clowe camp and Sharks on same page as far as teams in mix. Clowe has NTC


Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 44m
Among teams that I believe have at least talked to SJ are Flyers, Wild, Canucks, Habs, Rangers, Bruins... and believe there are more...

OffSydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:54 AM
  #573
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
He does not play a two way game at all. He's the worst defensive forward on the team.

Clowe is a playmaking, goal scoring, poor skating, super physical forward. He's got very high hockey IQ, and is a very underated playmaker. He has a good wrist shot and can go toe-to-toe with anyone in the league in a fight. Basically a heavweight enforcer who also happens to be a very good (offensively) top-6 forward. He's having a bad season due to injuries, he has not lost a step or anything from what I've seen.
hope he doesn't lose a step for another few years, because it will be cheechoo 2.0, except clowe has a few other things he can fall back on if he does.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:54 AM
  #574
SilkyMitts
Registered User
 
SilkyMitts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Then it'd most likely have to be a first if you have nothing serviceable to come back - Especially with Clowe resigned. Your forward prospects are not the most attractive pieces.
i am assuming we are getting a Clowe that is not resigned.

SilkyMitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:55 AM
  #575
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyMitts View Post
i am assuming we are getting a Clowe that is not resigned.
Assume he will be re-signed. Every reliable source is claiming Clowe will be traded with a new deal in place.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.