HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marian Gaborik

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 10:37 PM
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust

vCash: 500

Marian Gaborik
Taylor Pyatt
Matt Gilroy

Teddy Purcell
Nate Thompson
3rd round pick

Old
03-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
I think it works for both sides. We need scoring and everyone would want Looch brings.

It would hurt to lose Looch, but you have to give value to get it.
absolutely it would work for both sides. Rangers have 2 quality RWs without Gaborik in Nash and Callahan, but we have no big time LW so Lucic would be perfect return.

Old
jw2

I'd be shocked if Boston traded Lucic... Moreso if its for Gaborik,

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post

Marian Gaborik
Taylor Pyatt
Matt Gilroy

Teddy Purcell
Nate Thompson
3rd round pick
meh, Bruins fan already offered Lucic

Old
04-01-2013, 12:01 AM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post

Marian Gaborik
Taylor Pyatt
Matt Gilroy

Teddy Purcell
Nate Thompson
3rd round pick
Already had Gilroy....did not like...Ottawa did not like....guess Rangers do not like?

Old
04-01-2013, 12:39 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
He has never watched Gaborik play
He thought Gaborik was playing RW on Stepan's line with Callahan playing LW because a website told him so.
He hasn't seen Gaborik play in a defensive system in Minnesota and thrive.
He likes to think he can guess things from looking at stats on a website.

Still waiting for him to answer this question

I would ignore his posts about Gaborik at this point.
Wow, ****ing straw man. I can't even believe that. You're completely ignoring the fact that I never claimed Callahan was playing the left wing on that line. You were the one that interpreted that from the website, I never ever said that. I was merely commenting on the most common line in the past three games from where you claimed that he'd been playing solely with Boyle and Pyatt (or some combination of bottom-6 players). I specifically told you that that website does not record which winger played which site, but you're conveniently leaving that part out of the series of posts that were in that argument.

Who on earth told you I didn't watch Rangers games? I watch plenty of Rangers games, although admittedly only when they're playing an interesting team like the Pens or Isles or Habs.

And lastly, come on. Tell me you honestly watched 07-08 era Minnesota Wild games when they weren't playing the Rangers. Not even Wild fans watched those games.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:42 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Wow, ****ing straw man. I can't even believe that. You're completely ignoring the fact that I never claimed Callahan was playing the left wing on that line. You were the one that interpreted that from the website, I never ever said that. I was merely commenting on the most common line in the past three games from where you claimed that he'd been playing solely with Boyle and Pyatt (or some combination of bottom-6 players). I specifically told you that that website does not record which winger played which site, but you're conveniently leaving that part out of the series of posts that were in that argument.

Who on earth told you I didn't watch Rangers games? I watch plenty of Rangers games, although admittedly only when they're playing an interesting team like the Pens or Isles or Habs.

And lastly, come on. Tell me you honestly watched 07-08 era Minnesota Wild games when they weren't playing the Rangers. Not even Wild fans watched those games.
Hey, you can join be in the Gaborik/Ranger hater club, apparently it's pretty easy to join.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:43 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
This is a joke. Gaborik's been in a 30 game slump and now he isn't worth a freaking mid 1st rounder?
Jeez, read what you want to into my posts, why don't you. You won't get your first rounder back from Columbus because Columbus has no reason on earth to trade for Gaborik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'll just post what has been re-hashed in the Rangers Gaborik discussion thread:

I guess none of those players had value.

But I can't expect much less from HFBoards, it's where a player goes valueless in a sample size of 30 games as opposed to years of success.
Every one of those players is either very young (Kane) and/or has significant defensive or physical value. Gaborik has been an absolute ghost.

I'll stop harping on the benching issue, even though I think it's relevant, seeing as Hagelin was benched for about 5 minutes the other night, but every other point I've made is relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Hey, you can join be in the Gaborik/Ranger hater club, apparently it's pretty easy to join.
Man, Rangers fans sure have it hard, don't they, being the most hated team in the league? I can't believe how difficult it is to be a Rangers fan, you know? Not being able to spend to the cap, being located on the West Coast where no top free-agents want to sign? You and me? We got it easy.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:01 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:

Your recollection is incorrect, I never claimed that he'd been playing solely with Boyle and Pyatt

Quote:
Besides, the New York Rangers are a lowly 22nd in the league in GF/G. Why should they move out their best goalscorer, one of the best in the league?
Quote:
And to answer your second question about Gaborik in NY, he is playing LW on the top lines, because Torts wants Nash and Callahan on the right. Or he is playing RW with Boyle as his center on the third line
Quote:
Strange, considering the Rangers most common line combination over the last three games is Callahan-Stepan-Gaborik, and that same combo is Gabby's most common deployment over the past ten games... I'm sure he gets odd shifts with the mud, but most players do.

(http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...&gametype=10#A)

Old
04-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I never claimed he was. You on the other hand ...
I had good discussions with TheJuxstaposer, I know he has a good hockey sense. But on this one he was wrong and called him out on it. I still like to read his posts.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:42 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Your recollection is incorrect, I never claimed that he'd been playing solely with Boyle and Pyatt
Ah, you seem to be right. However, you'd expect an elite 40-goal scorer to adjust to his off-wing, to be able to be an impact player offensively even if the puck isn't going in for him. In very few games that I've seen this year has that been true.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:13 AM
Henkka

Let's trade with the Red Wings.

Marian Gaborik

<>

Defenceman - Colaiacovo(left)/White(right)
Left winger - Cleary(W)/Filppula(LW/C)
Depth winger - Miller(W)/Eaves(RW)

Take your package. If you want to add something, please inform.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:35 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:

You're caught in a lie. Just give it up.

Your posts indicate that you don't watch him, your words indicate so as well. I've been saying this about you for a while, it's old news.

Old
04-01-2013, 08:36 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Ah, you seem to be right. However, you'd expect an elite 40-goal scorer to adjust to his off-wing, to be able to be an impact player offensively even if the puck isn't going in for him. In very few games that I've seen this year has that been true.
So Ovechkin isn't an elite goal scorer? He had the same problems.

Old
04-01-2013, 09:09 AM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I'd be shocked if Boston traded Lucic... Moreso if its for Gaborik,
i doubt it too, but if boston wants gabs.. sign me up to get Lucic..

hes exactly what rangers need.. would be perfect player for rangers..

Old
04-01-2013, 09:16 AM
BoobaFett

Peverley, Khoklachev and a 1?

Old
04-01-2013, 09:51 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoobaFett View Post
Peverley, Khoklachev and a 1?
would like to have Ferlin included in that.

Pevs, Koko, Ferlin and the 1st

for

Gaborik and a 3rd

Old
04-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The pride of St. Lawrence, Koko and a first? That is pretty tempting, I have to say. Might pull the trigger on that one.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Jeez, read what you want to into my posts, why don't you. You won't get your first rounder back from Columbus because Columbus has no reason on earth to trade for Gaborik.
Right now, well yes they have very little reason of doing so because they're on a rebuild. I'll admit I only skimmed through the quoted post and it seemed like you insinuated that Gaborik wasn't worth a NYR 1st.

Quote:
Every one of those players is either very young (Kane) and/or has significant defensive or physical value. Gaborik has been an absolute ghost.
That's not really the point. Players struggle to produce big time, even the 70-90 pt scorers. 30 games in a shortened season isn't enough to completely diminish the value of a player who scored 41 the year before.

Quote:
I'll stop harping on the benching issue, even though I think it's relevant, seeing as Hagelin was benched for about 5 minutes the other night, but every other point I've made is relevant.
Torts benches everyone at times except for Callahan, McDonagh and Girardi.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:43 AM
mich25

I think Boston should go after him. Might cost them Lucic or Peverley, 1st and Koko. Gaborik would be a boost to the Bruins offense, as a Bruins fan I always really like Gaborik and think he needs a change of scenery. I think Lucic could benefit from having Nash around him, and brings a physical element that NY has been lacking, but I just don't know if Boston is ready to trade Lucic (still very young)...

Old
04-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
I think Boston should go after him. Might cost them Lucic or Peverley, 1st and Koko. Gaborik would be a boost to the Bruins offense, as a Bruins fan I always really like Gaborik and think he needs a change of scenery. I think Lucic could benefit from having Nash around him, and brings a physical element that NY has been lacking, but I just don't know if Boston is ready to trade Lucic (still very young)...
Lucic for Gaborik.

No trade backs.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
LOL. Lucic for Gabby? How much does a plane ticket to Boston cost? I'll buy it for him. What size skate does Milan wear? Gotta be at least a 58. I'll buy those too.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
LOL. Lucic for Gabby? How much does a plane ticket to Boston cost? I'll buy it for him. What size skate does Milan wear? Gotta be at least a 58. I'll buy those too.
Absolutely. I'm foaming at my mouth just at the thought of him with Nash. That size.

Old
04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Miller Time

To NYR
Jagr
Roy
Robidas

To Dallas
Gaborik
Boyle

NYR don't get the kind of prospect/long-term value you might expect in trading Gaborik, but they get immediate offensive depth/help & a RHD whom would fit in well to Tortorella's style/team identity.

Dallas gives up some leadership and passes on the picks/prospects 2-rentals like Roy/Jagr might fetch, but get the biggest talent in the deal who is signed next year as well. Add a bottom-6 physical C in the process.

deal hinges on Sather being more committed to Tortorella then to Gaborik... if Torts is coming back next year, hard to see them keeping Gaborik & with his salary he'll be tough to move for the boatload of young assets you'd expect for a player of his ability/track record.

Old
04-01-2013, 11:07 AM
pld459666

Tortorella would not know what to do with a player like Lucic.

He'd make Boyle his center

Closed Thread