HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Who is Eklund???

Old
08-15-2006, 03:26 PM
albertonhabsfan

vCash: 500
Who is Eklund???

hey guys,sorry for the stupid question here, but, who is Eklund and what does he do that people here consider him a source? or what credentials does he have?

albertonhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
he's a clown that knows nothing about hockey and tries to put things in ppl's heads to start rumors for no reason.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

He is a big loser that trys to predict stuff.Everything he says never happens

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Le depisteur

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=30377

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 03:29 PM
albertonhabsfan

then why is he quoted so much? is he media or something??

albertonhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 03:32 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
He is an arsehole.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertonhabsfan View Post

he is quoted so much because, idiots believe his crap.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
DeathFromAbove

Eklund is a fraud who is such a coward he won't even release his identity, and cons people into giving him $20 to listen to even more of his B.S.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
ControlFreak

Send a message via MSN to ControlFreak
Quote:
hey guys,sorry for the stupid question here, but, who is Eklund and what does he do that people here consider him a source? or what credentials does he have?
He's a three-eyed giant goat that eats children.

ControlFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDFA View Post
Eklund is a fraud who is such a coward he won't even release his identity, and cons people into giving him $20 to listen to even more of his B.S.
Yet bob mac defends him

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 04:34 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydified View Post
Yet bob mac defends him
It's too bad he doesn't have proof that he isn't actually a fraud, you know why he doesnt have proof? Because no one does. No one come prove that he isn't a fraud and by some of the bogus **** he posts on his website such as he is 90% sure Weight will go to Ottawa, and Recchi will absolutely not go to Pittsburgh, it seems pretty obvious that he is.

Old
08-15-2006, 04:36 PM
YOUTH OF HABS

Send a message via AIM to YOUTH OF HABS
he is my dad

YOUTH OF HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
There's this fabulous thing on the intermanet called Google Search. There's even a search feature on this very website. Insane, I know!

Please consider that if there were just 20 posters like you taking up boardspace with silly questions every day this site would be most undesirable.

You may also consider something crazy like replying to an existing thread where you see Eklund's name in.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Yeah, he works for team 990 and some other media who use his internet popularity. He have some writing/speaking habilities and have good collaborators on his blog.

The problem with him is that he takes all the rumor around and include them as his, he take credit for thing he did'nt had first and have a very bad % of success.

Also, according to some articles writen about him, all the stuff about his hockey book that he claims made him won enough money to never have to work again is a lie (it never made sense anyway, no hockey book ever been that popular). This story is particulary funny because he is asking for money from the readers of his blog to get the "scoops" first and some stuff.

http://vancouvercanucksoped.com/2006...n-with-eklund/
http://www.ericmcerlain.com/offwingo...ves/006182.php

here's the book he wrote apparantly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...Fencoding=UTF8

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUTH OF HABS View Post
he is my dad
I feel sorry for you

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 04:49 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombThreat View Post
He's a three-eyed giant goat that eats children.
That would explain a lot.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Montrealer

He's a guy who posts rumours, 95% of which are hot air... which doesn't actually hurt anyone except people who fall for the latest rumour over and over again; these people are insanely angry with him and wish him dead.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

He is a global repository of NHL chatter around the league. He got such a bad reputation around here because too many fans have a naive view of how negociation between teams are conducted, and are quick to jump on conclusions based on incomplete information.
Quote:
It's too bad he doesn't have proof that he isn't actually a fraud, you know why he doesnt have proof? Because no one does. No one come prove that he isn't a fraud and by some of the bogus **** he posts on his website such as he is 90% sure Weight will go to Ottawa, and Recchi will absolutely not go to Pittsburgh, it seems pretty obvious that he is.
Why exactly would someone with the reputation of Bob Mackenzie lies on something like that? What would he have to gain?

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Yeah, he works for team 990 and some other media who use his internet popularity. He have some writing/speaking habilities and have good collaborators on his blog.

The problem with him is that he takes all the rumor around and include them as his, he take credit for thing he did'nt had first and have a very bad % of success.

Also, according to some articles writen about him, all the stuff about his hockey book that he claims made him won enough money to never have to work again is a lie (it never made sense anyway, no hockey book ever been that popular). This story is particulary funny because he is asking for money from the readers of his blog to get the "scoops" first and some stuff.

http://vancouvercanucksoped.com/2006...n-with-eklund/
http://www.ericmcerlain.com/offwingo...ves/006182.php

here's the book he wrote apparantly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...Fencoding=UTF8
Old Eky isnt selling many books.
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #2,899,758 in Books

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 05:13 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
He is a global repository of NHL chatter around the league. He got such a bad reputation around here because too many fans have a naive view of how negociation between teams are conducted, and are quick to jump on conclusions based on incomplete information.

Why exactly would someone with the reputation of Bob Mackenzie lies on something like that? What would he have to gain?
Bob Mackenzie said that Eky exists and that he was more plugged in during the strike and less so now. Bob did not say anything to my knowledge about the quality of the rumours or if he believed that Eklund makes them up.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 05:18 PM
CaptCrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
There's this fabulous thing on the intermanet called Google Search. There's even a search feature on this very website. Insane, I know!

Please consider that if there were just 20 posters like you taking up boardspace with silly questions every day this site would be most undesirable.

You may also consider something crazy like replying to an existing thread where you see Eklund's name in.
Could you possibly be more self-righteous?

I don't think your post was condescending enough...

I mean, come on man, the guy's new here and, even if his question was redundant, he asked it in a polite manner.

Please consider that if there were just 20 posters like you acting up like anal retentive *******s every day this site would be most undesirable.

CaptCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 05:21 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
it never made sense anyway, no hockey book ever been that popular
Even the book on Huet ?

StanAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
I mean, come on man, the guy's new here and, even if his question was redundant, he asked it in a polite manner.
This is the same joker that keeps posting on how useless Plekanec and Perezhogin are, yet refuses to actually back up these statements when people debate it. Second offence, IMO.

I was polite as well. I said please.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Bob Mackenzie said that Eky exists and that he was more plugged in during the strike and less so now. Bob did not say anything to my knowledge about the quality of the rumours or if he believed that Eklund makes them up.
True. But giving the comments of some posters in this thread, such that "he's a clown that knows nothing about hockey", I think Eklund doesn't deserve his reputation.

I don't think Eklund get more or less "inside info" than the other seasoned sport journalists. The difference is that a network like TSN won't publish the small talk between two GM, while Eklund won't hesitate to run it. I personnally don't read his blog, not because I think it's ********, but because I'm not interested in small talk.

The problem isn't that Eklund publish rumors; the problem is that easily impressed fans translate "GM X inquired about player Y" into "OMG player Y is going to be traded soon!!!111" and write 10 pages thread on the topic (look the recent Komisarek thread for the perfect example). The fact that player Y end up not being traded doesn't mean that the original claim was false, or that Eklund make things up.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2006, 05:29 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
True. But giving the comments of some posters in this thread, such that "he's a clown that knows nothing about hockey", I think Eklund doesn't deserve his reputation.

I don't think Eklund get more or less "inside info" than the other seasoned sport journalists. The difference is that a network like TSN won't publish the small talk between two GM, while Eklund won't hesitate to run it. I personnally don't read his blog, not because I think it's ********, but because I'm not interested in small talk.

The problem isn't that Eklund publish rumors; the problem is that easily impressed fans translate "GM X inquired about player Y" into "OMG player Y is going to be traded soon!!!111" and write 10 pages thread on the topic (look the recent Komisarek thread for the perfect example). The fact that player Y end up not being traded doesn't mean that the original claim was false, or that Eklund make things up.

You are absolutely right, it's the fact that Eklund doesn't predict the stuff that actually happens which means he makes things up.