HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 12:11 PM
  #276
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al
 
JusticeBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot View Post
we need another Dman alot more IMO than a forward....

we're basically using 5 Dmen....
Beaulieu could be the answer. He brings options to the 2nd PP unit

JusticeBeaver is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:11 PM
  #277
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,718
vCash: 500
Jamie McBain would be available? Make it happen MB! 'Cause if not, I know a team we hate who will...

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:13 PM
  #278
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 500
The more I think about it, the more I think that MB will only make one minor move by adding a Carkner type of player.

Of course, if he knows that Diaz is done for the season and the playoffs (which I doubt), things could be different.

I really hope that people will not get high expectations and hope for a big trade. It is not needed at this point and the prices are way too high. MB will not acquire a big name rental, it wouldn't make any sense.

ChuckyToGally is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:16 PM
  #279
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Any chance at all Buffalo would trade Regehr in division?
Jim Matheson is saying that he is going to the Kings.

Would you give a Murray type of return for Regehr? As much as I want a huge fan earlier in his career, I wouldn't at this point.

ChuckyToGally is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
  #280
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Any chance at all Buffalo would trade Regehr in division?
Why not? He's not a star, just a good steady d-man. It's possible. I'd take him on the habs to add some size, leadership and defensive awareness on the backend.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:19 PM
  #281
FinnHab
Registered User
 
FinnHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: overseas...
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Yes, we need d-man but im happy if MB stands pat this trade deadline. We have Tinordi, and Beaulieu is next good d-prospect coming up...

FinnHab is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:20 PM
  #282
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Then don't expect MB to improve the club. Trade dealine is always around bidding wars.
Sharks insider askin why Clowe to Flyers makes any sense.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KKurzCSN
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_00000010.png‎ (146.4 KB, 29 views)


Last edited by Habaneros: 04-01-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:22 PM
  #283
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,503
vCash: 500
Not sure why we are looking for forwards, when healthy(ignore line-ups, just to illustrate the depth):

Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Prust-Halpern-Moen
Armstrong, White

If you add a top 6/9 forward, where will he play? If he plays top 9 who gets moved down? Already Prust will be on 4th line.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:22 PM
  #284
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,730
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Jim Matheson is saying that he is going to the Kings.

Would you give a Murray type of return for Regehr? As much as I want a huge fan earlier in his career, I wouldn't at this point.
A 2nd and a conditional 2nd? I would do that for Regehr, definitely. I think his game (experienced, reliable, minute-eating, crease-clearing defenseman) should be #1 on our lists of needs.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
  #285
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Not sure why we are looking for forwards, when healthy(ignore line-ups, just to illustrate the depth):

Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Prust-Halpern-Moen
Armstrong, White

If you add a top 6/9 forward, where will he play? If he plays top 9 who gets moved down? Already Prust will be on 4th line.
Because "staying 100% healthy" shouldn't be necessary to compete this year. This is why you acquire depth.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
  #286
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
A 2nd and a conditional 2nd? I would do that for Regehr, definitely. I think his game (experienced, reliable, minute-eating, crease-clearing defenseman) should be #1 on our lists of needs.
I'd also keep him beyond this year if we were to acquire him.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:25 PM
  #287
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
A 2nd and a conditional 2nd? I would do that for Regehr, definitely. I think his game (experienced, reliable, minute-eating, crease-clearing defenseman) should be #1 on our lists of needs.
That would be a great deal. Regehr isn't what he used to be but he's better than Murray.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:26 PM
  #288
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Because "staying 100% healthy" shouldn't be necessary to compete this year. This is why you acquire depth.
But we're missing 1 forward and 1 D. I'm not sure what you want to do? Put Galchenyuk in pressbox? Make our 4th line offensively gifted?

Our need should be at D IMO. At injury to the top 3 and we don't have the depth to succeed.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
  #289
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
But we're missing 1 forward and 1 D. I'm not sure what you want to do? Put Galchenyuk in pressbox? Make our 4th line offensively gifted?

Our need should be at D IMO. At injury to the top 3 and we don't have the depth to succeed.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

If you can find someone who can play effective shutdown and puckcontrol hockey, and still be offensively gifted, then he would clearly be overqualified for the 4th line. I still wouldn't cry if he played there because there is no more room elsewhere.

It would just make us even more dangerous. Depth, depth, depth. I want the opposing coach to be at lost as who how how he'll prepare his line-opposition WHILE AT HOME.

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
  #290
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
But we're missing 1 forward and 1 D. I'm not sure what you want to do? Put Galchenyuk in pressbox? Make our 4th line offensively gifted?

Our need should be at D IMO. At injury to the top 3 and we don't have the depth to succeed.
Clowe would actually be a downgrade from Armstrong or Moen on the 4th line, since he's weaker defensively and doesn't play PK.

I guess if the team was 100% healthy you could either play him with DD or Eller to give us more offense and stick Prust on the 4th line, but that seems like overkill when for what Clowe could cost, we could get a Regehr type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing.

If you can find someone who can play effective shutdown and puckcontrol hockey, and still be offensively gifted, then he would clearly be overqualified for the 4th line. I still wouldn't cry if he played there because there is no more room elsewhere.

It would just make us even more dangerous. Depth, depth, depth. I want the opposing coach to be at lost as who how how he'll prepare his line-opposition WHILE AT HOME.
This isn't a bad mentality to have, I fully support bringing in more depth, but I think depth on the blueline should come first because things are not looking good at all for Diaz.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
  #291
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
But we're missing 1 forward and 1 D. I'm not sure what you want to do? Put Galchenyuk in pressbox? Make our 4th line offensively gifted?

Our need should be at D IMO. At injury to the top 3 and we don't have the depth to succeed.
Come Playoff time, Galchenyuk should miss games, IMO. If we want to win we need impact players, I don't think Alex brings that just yet.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:30 PM
  #292
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Not sure why we are looking for forwards, when healthy(ignore line-ups, just to illustrate the depth):

Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Prust-Halpern-Moen
Armstrong, White

If you add a top 6/9 forward, where will he play? If he plays top 9 who gets moved down? Already Prust will be on 4th line.
I think if Bergevin really believes in our chance to win the cup this season, he should get a top 6 or top 9 forwards with more playoffs performance. Out of our top 9, only Gionta, Plekanec and Ryder have real playoffs experience.

After that, its Eller that has the most games in the playoffs with only 7. Then DD and Bourque has 5 and none for MaxPac, Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

So of our top 9, 6 of them have 7 or less playoffs games.

I'm not sure why people seem to think that Galchenyuk have a save spot in our top 9 when comes the playoffs. The kid is coming from junior to NHL playoffs in under 50 reg. season games. Don't think he's gonna be ready for it.


Last edited by Rosso Scuderia: 04-01-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Rosso Scuderia is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:31 PM
  #293
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I think if Bergevin really believes in our chance to win the cup this season, he should get a top 6 or top 9 forwards with more playoffs performance. Out of our top 9, only Gionta, Plekanec and Ryder have real playoffs experience.

After that, its Eller that has the most games in the playoffs with only 7. Then DD and Bourque has 5 and none for MaxPac, Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

So of our top 9, 6 of them have 7 or less playoffs games.
We can always stick the playoff legend himself Yannick Weber on the 4th line.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:32 PM
  #294
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I think if Bergevin really believes in our chance to win the cup this season, he should get a top 6 or top 9 forwards with more playoffs performance. Out of our top 9, only Gionta, Plekanec and Ryder have real playoffs experience.

After that, its Eller that has the most games in the playoffs with only 7. Then DD and Bourque has 5 and none for MaxPac, Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

So of our top 9, 6 of them have 7 or less playoffs games.
Yes Ryane Clowe 68 playoff games 45 pts...that is the exp your lookin for .

Habaneros is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
  #295
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
We can always stick the playoff legend himself Yannick Weber on the 4th line.
Well, he WAS actually pretty effective on the 4th line against Boston...

PricePkPatch is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:37 PM
  #296
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Yes Ryane Clowe 68 playoff games 45 pts...that is the exp your lookin for .
Yep, or Jagr and his 189 pts in 180 playoffs games.

Rosso Scuderia is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:38 PM
  #297
sakiaba
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
What about Stephane Robidas from Dallas? He's still a good possession player, even if he isn't what he once was production-wise, and would immediately upgrade the second PP wave. On a third pairing he'd be very solid, and would be a more than adequate replacement for Diaz if he's gone long-term. He could even step up into the top four if, god forbid, someone is injured.

My only major concern about him would be that he and Bouillon might be pushed around by larger forwards (though Bouillon is, for all his limitations, actually a decent physical player for someone his size).

It would be odd, admittedly, to repatriate a second player from the same team, and I'm not even sure whether Dallas will be in selling mode.

sakiaba is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:39 PM
  #298
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiaba View Post
What about Stephane Robidas from Dallas? He's still a good possession player, even if he isn't what he once was production-wise, and would immediately upgrade the second PP wave. On a third pairing he'd be very solid, and would be a more than adequate replacement for Diaz if he's gone long-term. He could even step up into the top four if, god forbid, someone is injured.

My only major concern about him would be that he and Bouillon might be pushed around by larger forwards (though Bouillon is, for all his limitations, actually a decent physical player for someone his size).

It would be odd, admittedly, to repatriate a second player from the same team, and I'm not even sure whether Dallas will be in selling mode.
He's not what we need. Small and old. PASS

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:39 PM
  #299
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I think if Bergevin really believes in our chance to win the cup this season, he should get a top 6 or top 9 forwards with more playoffs performance. Out of our top 9, only Gionta, Plekanec and Ryder have real playoffs experience.

After that, its Eller that has the most games in the playoffs with only 7. Then DD and Bourque has 5 and none for MaxPac, Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

So of our top 9, 6 of them have 7 or less playoffs games.

I'm not sure why people seem to think Galchenyuk seem to have a save spot in our top 9 when comes the playoffs. The kid is coming from junior to NHL playoffs in under 50 reg. season games. Don't think he's gonna be ready for it.
I know you're talking about top-9, but don't underestimate Travis Moen's playoff experience. He'll become more valuable in the post-season.

Lshap is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:41 PM
  #300
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That would be a great deal. Regehr isn't what he used to be but he's better than Murray.
Agreed. The more I think about it, the more I like the fit.

Lshap is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.