HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

McLaren vs Kassian

Old
03-31-2013, 10:30 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
McLaren has been good in fights this year vs Ottawa, but the Sens have made Colton Orr their personal punching bag this year.

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:03 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
Carkner also did the most damage out of all the Carkner/Orr fights,

Might want to watch this before spewing garbage

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:21 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Trollmarov View Post

And your point is? Carkner issued a challenge to Orr in that same game for a rematch. Check Orr's fightcard after Orr v Carkner round 2.. Orr didn't fight for a month and a half because Carkner broke his face and made Orr a useless hockey player during that time.. I fail to see how that's less damage compared to a TKO in which Carkner was absolutely fine. I also don't get why Leaf fans are so defensive about facts and discrediting actual events.. it's pretty silly..

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 11:50 PM
Renner*

Quote:

lol wtf..was he out for a minute there? His arms were kind of flailing on the ice.

I do remember all the Orr Carkner fights but never noticed that before.

Orr def had carkners number and beat him badly almost every time they fought except once. Carkner had heart though..he took a beating almost every single time..but still came back for more.

Orr is lucky he hasnt been KOd more..the way he goes toe to toe and leaves himself open...anyone can catch that guy at anytime.

Renner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:08 AM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renner View Post
the way he goes toe to toe and leaves himself open...anyone can catch that guy at anytime.
Thats right! Orr is a fighter and is not scared to stand and bang with the best in the game!

He is not a B*tch that looks to wrestle a guy down to the ice and then thinks he just won a boxing match! LOL

McLaren is another guy who is not scared to stand and throw bombs! Just ask Sens fans when he ******* KO'd their fighter leaving him sleeping on the ice! That was the most brutal KO in the NHL all season. McLaren also knocked the sense out of Kassian dropping him on his face on the ice with 2 big right hands last game... Damn he sure is kicking the **** out of Ottawa! LOL

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:21 AM
OttawaSenators11

vCash: 50
Don't worry, Neil will take care of Mclaren and complete the sweep of the Toronto goons when they play in a couple weeks on HNIC!

Give you guys another reason to hate him

OttawaSenators11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:27 AM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
Don't worry, Neil will take care of Mclaren and complete the sweep of the Toronto goons when they play in a couple weeks on HNIC!

Give you guys another reason to hate him
Complete what sweep?

Toronto has been smashing the Sens senseless this season. Literally knocking you guys out cold!

Kassian got punched out last night by McLaren too. Put him down face first on the ice with PUNCHES, Not a lame ass wrestling match

I can't wait too see Orr land that monster of a right hand on Neils jaw!

T M L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:55 AM
H2ODP

First time I've heard David Dziurznski referred to as a fighter..

Old
04-01-2013, 01:02 AM
H2ODP

Gotta love TML's posts.. Such brilliance, logic and unbiased material..

Old
04-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
lol wtf..was he out for a minute there? His arms were kind of flailing on the ice.

I do remember all the Orr Carkner fights but never noticed that before.

Orr def had carkners number and beat him badly almost every time they fought except once. Carkner had heart though..he took a beating almost every single time..but still came back for more.

Orr is lucky he hasnt been KOd more..the way he goes toe to toe and leaves himself open...anyone can catch that guy at anytime.
Agreed on all parts. Carkner got him once, he hit his head on the ice and was done for a while. Orr has ZERO defense, just throws the biggest bombs in the league, surprised he has lasted this long, but he seems to be doing something right.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
lmfao
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
So sad. Perhaps you'll mature with age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeGoat View Post
Uh oh, got a bunch of defensive Leaf fans after me

Give it up, guys. I don't know what Leaf fans problems are with admitting you lost fights. Orr has been nothing but a punching bag for the Sens this year. The only people saying otherwise are Leaf fans. Going on Hockeyfights.com, 79.4% of people voting thought Neil beat Orr (http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/116538). On the Kassian fight, 78.8% of people thought Kassian beat Orr (http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117159).

MacLaren has definitely been the better fighter on the Toronto side of the Battle of Ontario this year. Although I will admit, I realized that MacLaren is actually a decent skater seeing how fast he skated away when he saw Kassian got up and wanted to continue the fight. Never seen that speed out of him. I'm impressed.

Quote:

Did you completely miss his point? Orr won the majority of fights. Carkner never missed a game due to a fight by Orr. Carkner, however, made Orr useless for six weeks with his win.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:25 AM
TieClark

It must be a sad day when you have to use a guy holding on for dear life and guy with his helmet caught in his face for a very brief fight as "making someone their *****".

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
It must be a sad day when you have to use a guy holding on for dear life and guy with his helmet caught in his face for a very brief fight as "making someone their *****".
There's always excuses in Toronto

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:06 PM
TieClark

Quote:
There's always excuses in Toronto
It's not an excuse... it's fact. For future reference, making someone their ***** would refer to McLaren knocking Drzynski the f out. Not a non eventful fight where in one case you have a guy holding on hoping not to get clocked and in the other you have one guy with his own helmet stuck in his face which resulted in the fight lasting all of 5 seconds.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Guys, guys...

I think the TML fans are a bit mad...

Keep it up!

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
Guys, guys...

I think the TML fans are a bit mad...

Keep it up!
Yeah, Leafs came into ACC 2.0 and beat the crap out of the Sens...and we're the ones that are mad.

If this is mad, I hope I am mad for as long as I live.

Just be happy we rested Kadri in the third...otherwise it would have been a touchdown.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
OttawaSenators11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Yeah, Leafs came into ACC 2.0 and beat the crap out of the Sens...and we're the ones that are mad.

If this is mad, I hope I am mad for as long as I live.

Just be happy we rested Kadri in the third...otherwise it would have been a touchdown.
Congrats on beating a team without it's best players, you talk like it's a big deal.

Last edited by OttawaSenators11: 04-01-2013 at 02:15 PM.
OttawaSenators11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Classless Goon
-_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
It's not an excuse... it's fact. For future reference, making someone their ***** would refer to McLaren knocking Drzynski the f out. Not a non eventful fight where in one case you have a guy holding on hoping not to get clocked and in the other you have one guy with his own helmet stuck in his face which resulted in the fight lasting all of 5 seconds.
I don't think I have ever seen a fanbase so delusional and so hilariously incapable of discussing fights objectively as leafs fans. I mean holy hell. Even Bruins fans, who you could expect to be homers after being brainwashed by Jack Edwards, are not nearly as delusional and childish as Leaf fans on this topic, my god.

For the billionth time Neil-Orr was a clear win for Neil, deal the **** with it. Neil didn't ''hold on hoping not to get clocked'' or any of that fictional non sense, he outlanded Orr at least 13 to 3 being generous to Orr. There was no ''holding on'' or whatever other stupidity you guys want to invent to discredit Neil. Neil was busy throwing punches all fight, and Orr didn't do squat. Enough with this **** already. 95% of people agree it was a clear win Neil, the only delusional idiots still arguing otherwise are Leaf homers who live in their own world where Neil was ''holding on for dear life'' even though that's not what happened.

I mean seriously, what's the point of having discussions about fights on this board? No matter what happens, you people will just make some excuses or straight up invent things to prove the Leaf won, or to somehow discredit the loss the leaf suffered. Get over yourselves already. Get off the Hockey Fights board if you are not willing to discuss fights rationally.

As for the topic at hand. Clear win McLaren. No excuses from this Sens fan to dismiss this. Kass got surprised and overwhelmed by McL. It happens. I'm sure Kass will want a re-match, and I'm sure McLaren will be more than happy to oblige him.

Last edited by Classless Goon: 04-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Renner*

Quote:
Uh oh, got a bunch of defensive Leaf fans after me

Give it up, guys. I don't know what Leaf fans problems are with admitting you lost fights. Orr has been nothing but a punching bag for the Sens this year. The only people saying otherwise are Leaf fans. Going on Hockeyfights.com, 79.4% of people voting thought Neil beat Orr (http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/116538). On the Kassian fight, 78.8% of people thought Kassian beat Orr (http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117159).

MacLaren has definitely been the better fighter on the Toronto side of the Battle of Ontario this year. Although I will admit, I realized that MacLaren is actually a decent skater seeing how fast he skated away when he saw Kassian got up and wanted to continue the fight. Never seen that speed out of him. I'm impressed.

Did you completely miss his point? Orr won the majority of fights. Carkner never missed a game due to a fight by Orr. Carkner, however, made Orr useless for six weeks with his win.
I do understand the heated discussion between fanbases because its a rivalry but as a fan of neither team..Im a bit confused by all the outright lying and exaggeration.

McLaren beat up Kassian..but it wasnt an actually beating. So lets stop with mclaren killed Kassian stuff

And this punching bag crap with Orr is just really really pathetic attempt to troll leaf fans. I saw both those fights and I dont even think any punches were really landing.

Id actually like to see some decent arguments between the two fanbases and not a bunch of lying.

As for hockeyfights....anyone in the world can vote...and yes when it comes down to win they are wins...but if you read all the comments from people who ARENT sens or leaf fans..everyone says nothing crappy fight..who cares.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:03 PM
H2ODP

Quote:
Id actually like to see some decent arguments between the two fanbases and not a bunch of lying.
You should avoid posting then because you have yet to make a compelling argument in a single post yet. I enjoyed your "unwritten code" you spoke of the other night regarding fighters getting a free pass after one fight in a game. Quality stuff.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:15 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
And your point is? Carkner issued a challenge to Orr in that same game for a rematch. Check Orr's fightcard after Orr v Carkner round 2.. Orr didn't fight for a month and a half because Carkner broke his face and made Orr a useless hockey player during that time.. I fail to see how that's less damage compared to a TKO in which Carkner was absolutely fine. I also don't get why Leaf fans are so defensive about facts and discrediting actual events.. it's pretty silly..
You do understand what a TKO is right?

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:25 PM
H2ODP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
You do understand what a TKO is right?
I've seen Colton Orr TKO'd enough to get a good idea.. (McLaren on DD/VandenBussche on Kypreos is a KO)

Old
04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Renner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaSenators11 View Post
Congrats on beating a team without it's best players, you talk like it's a big deal.
really? You are going to go there? lol

This same poor injured team beat a lot of the best teams in the NHL and went on a pretty good streak but now its a weak deflated injury riddled team because they lost to the leafs?

Come on man there is some serious reaching but this is pretty bad

Old
04-01-2013, 04:40 PM
KT7

wow, there's a lot of idiots on both sides of the puck in these threads. I don't think either fight was very definitive at all. Slight edge to Kass in bout 1, slight edge to McLaren in bout 2. no real glancing shots in either direction.

I was more surprised that Fraser didn't clean up Greening than either of these 2 fights to be honest.

Does it really need to come to this in every fight?

KT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

I know this is for naught but whatever ill bite. We leafs fans enjoy a good old fashioned swing off. That's what we consider a fight as that's how all of our fighters fight. Win or lose we'd rather see an exciting fight where both men swing for the fences. This is where the disagreement comes in. Sens fans enjoy a technical fight where the fighters grab onto to eachother and spend half the fight trying to get their arms loose while throwing minor jabs to the face. Yes this constitutes as a "win", yes both of the fights Neil got in were "wins" but us leafs fans do not see it as a "win" per se as we hve a different definition of how a fight should go. Yes it's not a smart way to fight, and it is a brilliant move by Neil to do it so he doesn't get punched to the ice by a much bigger Orr but again, win or lose leafs fans would rather see a fight where both fighters are teeing off on eachother. But please, it is not "domination" on the part of Neil but rather just a win. Hope this clears it up

Drop The Mits is offline   Reply With Quote