HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto deadline deal

Old
04-01-2013, 12:00 PM
philadelphiakessel81

vCash: 500
Toronto deadline deal

Rumours around the leafs is that we are still interest in luo, even if we don't want him as fans and also someone from Dallas (Roy and/or robidas) so her is what I propose.

Toronto:
Derek Roy
Stephane Robidas

Dallas:
Joe Colborne
Jessie Blacker
2014 2nd rounder

Toronto:
Roberto Luongo

Vancouver:
Tyler Bozak
Ben Scivens
Matt Frattin
2014 3rd round

Jvr-Roy-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Macaurther-Grabovski-Komorov
Orr-McClement-Mclearn

Phanuef-Gunnarsson
Liles-Robidas
Franson-Frasor
Gardiner

Luongo
Reimer

What does everyone think? Too much too little?
I posted this on the Toronto board and just got destroyed by them lol but if it's not lopsided for leaf fans it's not a good deal apparently. Let me know what other guys think that's AREN'T leafs fans lol

philadelphiakessel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:05 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

vCash: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by philadelphiakessel81 View Post
Point proven, tell me why don't put a stupid face up
OK, where does Roy play? Who does he supplant as centre?

I actually like Robidas, a little on the small side but he could be a good partner for Phaneuf.

The second trade just speaks for itself. Forget Lu.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:10 PM
philadelphiakessel81

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRamsay View Post
OK, where does Roy play? Who does he supplant as centre?

I actually like Robidas, a little on the small side but he could be a good partner for Phaneuf.

The second trade just speaks for itself. Forget Lu.
Sorry I should note that you only make the first trade if you trade bozak in a package deal for luo. Then Roy fits in the top line with kessel and jvr. And what do you mean the second trade speaks for it's self? Your not getting luo for nothing you need to give up a decent amount

Old
04-01-2013, 12:12 PM
SoulAssassin

Your not going to have success in the Playoffs with BOTH McLaren and Orr in the lineup, just wont happen.

If your really intent on Roy, why not something to the affect of:

Robidas + Roy for Grabo + pick/Blacker/Holzer

More then likely to make a trade of Robidas for Holzer or Blacker + 2nd/3rd.

They could then use one of Gunnar or Liles to acquire something upfront if necessary.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Dallas is looking for Reilly/Gardiner for that package

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
VoicexOfxReason
you cant do that

When is Vancouver going to understand that we dont want any part of Luongo and is stomach-churning contract? Especially for actual value? Your "amazing" GM signed him to that crap, please keep him and live with the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Your not going to have success in the Playoffs with BOTH McLaren and Orr in the lineup, just wont happen.
How do you know? Are you a fortune teller? Which lottery ticket should i buy? Guys like that quite often are the unsung heroes in the playoffs. McLaren has shown that he is a capable hockey player, and not just a goon. Orr is a forechecking monster. If anything im expecting these two plus McClement to be an absolutely vital line in the playoffs. I find this to be an incredibly arrogant statement that shows you dont know a damn thing about our hockey team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty
Lol, no they're not. They want to move Roy before he leaves for nothing, and Robidas doesn't quite fit in with the direction they're looking to go in. Not saying it's a package that will require garbage to get moved, but saying it'll require Rielly or Gardiner is hilarious.

VoicexOfxReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:28 PM
philadelphiakessel81

Quote:

They could then use one of Gunnar or Liles to acquire something upfront if necessary.
If you do the deal you propose it wouldn't make sense for Toronto they would have 2 ufa centres and 1 Rfa centre in the offseason and that just doesn't make sense to put yourself in that position.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:30 PM
firstemperor

We don't want Luongo. Please stop with the Luongo proposals. He's not an upgrade over Reimer. We wouldn't take his albatross contract for free.

Sincerely,

All leaf fans.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:32 PM
ToneBone03
LEAFS

No to Luongo. No to Roy.

Our goaltenders have been playing amazing and our offense is 3rd in the league. We need a top-4 RHD to play with Dion and that's IT!!!

ToneBone03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:

You can pretty much guarantee Orr won't be playing in the playoffs. Mclaren is actually useful, despite what some think.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Cams

No to Luongo - the only goalie the Leafs should look at acquiring is one the play along with Reimer, not replace him as the starter, but one who can play in tandem with him, who has NHL experience (hopefully some playoff success), to use as an insurance policy should Reimer get injured. I really don't feel comfortable as a Leafs fan (nor should the Leafs coaches/mgmt) going into the playoffs with Scrivens and ????? if Reimer is hurt. Scrivens and Owuya????

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Lol, no they're not. They want to move Roy before he leaves for nothing, and Robidas doesn't quite fit in with the direction they're looking to go in. Not saying it's a package that will require garbage to get moved, but saying it'll require Rielly or Gardiner is hilarious.
Its true that Roy will be moved, and that he will fetch a good price, but your analysis of Robidas is totally wrong. He fits perfectly with the direction they are looking to go, in that he is RH and competent in his own end. Just having a bunch of young defensemen is no good if they don't have anyone to learn from, and if Dillon, Oleksiak, Morrow, and Nemeth look to Goligoski, Daley, or Rome for an example of how to play NHL level defense the Stars are never going to make the playoffs again. Robidas is irreplaceable on the current Dallas Stars, so the price is going to be high indeed. If we got Joe Morrow for Brenden Morrow, asking for a top defenseman prospect for a package of two valuable pieces isn't out of the question by any means.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:46 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

No to Roy, no to Lu, both good players but not what the Leafs need right now.

Very interested in Robidas, but I'm not sure what Dallas wants.

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Numbers

I understand if Leaf fans don't want Luongo, but there is a loop hole that will let Luongo stop playing early in his contract without teams occurring any cap penalties. Check out thread explains everything. In affect this nullifies long term concerns with Luongo's contract.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1391767

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CreeksideStrangler

Grabo is better than Roy... when playing top 6

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:47 PM
caribouPINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
LOL Boy are you going to be SHOCKED with what they get if they move them then.

caribouPINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM
NoShowWilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
I understand if Leaf fans don't want Luongo, but there is a loop hole that will let Luongo stop playing early in his contract without teams occurring any cap penalties. Check out thread explains everything. In affect this nullifies long term concerns with Luongo's contract.

im pretty sure leaf fans are good with reimer and scrivens. That's that. If their GM isn't then the move will be made. The fanbase can deal with it then. Until that time there is zero need to continue making proposals regarding Luongo to the Leafs.

NoShowWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:58 PM
VoicexOfxReason
you cant do that

Quote:

Who cares? We dont want him. I could care less if he stopped playing 3 years from now. He is not currently an upgrade on anything we have and it would be bad asset management to trade anything of significance for him. So what, he could choose to not report in a few years. Whoopie doo, cant wait for the media circus that would turn into.

VoicexOfxReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:01 PM
firstemperor

Quote:
Who cares? We dont want him. I could care less if he stopped playing 3 years from now. He is not currently an upgrade on anything we have and it would be bad asset management to trade anything of significance for him. So what, he could choose to not report in a few years. Whoopie doo, cant wait for the media circus that would turn into.
And his contract is a lot worst. Reimer is set to make slightly over 1 million next year. Forget asset management, that's just mismanaging your cap.

And he's in a heavy decline. And his age doesn't correlate with our young core and its development. And we don't need the media circus that accompanies him. The sensible leaf fans could reiterate a laundry list of points why it makes no sense. But other fan bases or our fellow delusional leaf fans will continue with these proposals. It's like a broken record on repeat.

By the way, Nonis basically indirectly said he has no interest in Luongo. He's just looking for a veteran goalie to BACKUP Reimer.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:02 PM
DougGilmour93

Let's go after Kipper instead...

Bozak for Roy

Scrivens + 2nd for Kipper

All we'd need than would be a stabilizing dman, one of Morris/Giordano/JBo/Regehr

I suppose Robidas could be that guy for the right price.

Last edited by DougGilmour93: 04-01-2013 at 01:19 PM.
DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

I'd easily move for Robidas if Dallas is willing to trade him. As for the rest of it I'm not sure. I think simple is the name of the game for the Leafs this deadline. Outside of Liles and Phaneuf the Leafs are a bit lacking on experience on the D. They need a solid Top 4 guy.

Unfortunately Robidas' age might put him out of Nonis' target area, and Dave would have a point.

Spazmatic Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstemperor View Post
And his contract is a lot worst. Reimer is set to make slightly over 1 million next year. Forget asset management, that's just mismanaging your cap.

And he's in a heavy decline. And his age doesn't correlate with our young core and its development. And we don't need the media circus that accompanies him. The sensible leaf fans could reiterate a laundry list of points why it makes no sense. But other fan bases or our fellow delusional leaf fans will continue with these proposals. It's like a broken record on repeat.

By the way, Nonis basically indirectly said he has no interest in Luongo. He's just looking for a veteran goalie to backup Reimer.
If you look at my thread it basically explains a loop hole in his contract. Think it's funny people are ignoring this, because cap hit is great and with loop hole there is no long term downside.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:07 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
How do you know? Are you a fortune teller? Which lottery ticket should i buy? Guys like that quite often are the unsung heroes in the playoffs. McLaren has shown that he is a capable hockey player, and not just a goon. Orr is a forechecking monster. If anything im expecting these two plus McClement to be an absolutely vital line in the playoffs. I find this to be an incredibly arrogant statement that shows you dont know a damn thing about our hockey team.
Would you like to wager money on how much of a difference those two will make in the playoffs? Even Toronto's own media guys think its a joke how Carlyle sends them both out to fight within the first few minutes of the game, then they sit on the bench for the rest of it. Now if you said the Leafs acquired Cal Clutterbuck and he could make a difference with his relentless forechecking, aggressive play and willingness to fight when necessary, then maybe Id agree. ORR and MCLAREN will not be difference makers, unless its in a negative way.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:10 PM
firstemperor

Quote:
If you look at my thread it basically explains a loop hole in his contract. Think it's funny people are ignoring this, because cap hit is great and with loop hole there is no long term downside.
Even if we were talking short-term, Luongo isn't an upgrade over Reimer. We are taking development away from our potential goaltender for the future and long haul. There's no way Nonis just throws Reimer under the bus like that and rattles his confidence. Bad cap management still applies in the short-term, Reimer makes slightly over a million, Luongo makes a lot more. From a hockey standpoint, Luongo isn't even an upgrade over Reimer right now.

Short-term, we're also absorbing a lot more salary, why would we do that? It makes zero sense however you look at it. We know you guys are desperate to dump his deal, but use some sensibility, Nonis has already implied he has no interest, he said he's only interested in a veteran backup. It's just wishful thinking on your part now.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Censored23

The only way Id even THINK about Luongo is if Vancouver took back a really bad contract...ie: Komisarek or Grabovski. Other than that, they can keep Lu and his boat anchor of a contract.

Censored23 is offline   Reply With Quote