HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kaberle on waivers. (UPDATE: Cleared Waivers)

Old
04-01-2013, 10:19 AM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Both contracts expire next season, so unless Komisarek provides something substantially better as the 7th or whatever defenseman or Toronto really wants a reunion(Carlyle might not like Kaberle), I don't see it happening.
no way komisarek comes back here with his head down looking for a job. Thats just a way to piss the fan base off for no reason, especially with no upside.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 04-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Haven't I told you a million times not to exaggerate?

Kaberle is +4. Give me a break with these dire predictions of pucks pouring into the Habs' net. Beaulieu is much weaker in his own zone.

Furthermore, Kaberle has 3 points in 10 games at even strength. Andrei Markov has 4 ES points in 34 games!!!!

Kaberle can play in this league.

The Habs have a reason for mothballing Kaberle and playing the kids, but safety in our zone is not the reason at this time.
Agree 100%. Kaberle's biggest problem is his 13-14 cap hit, not his play. He is by no means a great player, but he can play as a #4 guy on half the teams in the NHL and #5-7 on the other half depending on depth.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Agree 100%. Kaberle's biggest problem is his 13-14 cap hit, not his play. He is by no means a great player, but he can play as a #4 guy on half the teams in the NHL and #5-7 on the other half depending on depth.
If what you say is true then a team would be willing to pick up Kaberle secure in the knowledge that they could trade him or toss him out on waivers next year. If what you say is correct then kaberle's value is increasing as time ticks out on his contract. The problem is you are not correct the league has passed judgement on Kaberle.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:04 PM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

I still don't understand why we haven't dressed Kaberle in a while.

In the Greg Pateryn recalled thread I was one of the only people who said I still don't understand why we don't play Kaberle as the 6th D-man and utilize him on the PP. He's not great but when paired with Boullion he can be effective.

I'm all for the kids and giving them a shot but at the same time I consistently see Gorges - Boullion on the 2nd unit PP and it drives me crazy. If we had Kaberle up we could see a pairing of Kaberle - Emelin and would greatly increase our PP who (as of late) hasn't been delivering. I'd even be willing to double shift PK every now and then and let Kaberle feed the one-timer.

I love Beaulieu as a prospect (as do I with Tinordi) so I'm okay with getting him a few games here and there but I feel like at this point Kaberle has more to offer. Outside of his cap-hit he's still a serviceable NHL d-man.

kris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:07 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
I still don't understand why we haven't dressed Kaberle in a while.
Pretty simple, he's getting the bubble-wrap treatment so we can buy him out in the off-season. Objectively, his play hasn't been that bad this year. But it's not worth keeping him in the line-up and risking him getting hurt.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Pretty simple, he's getting the bubble-wrap treatment so we can buy him out in the off-season. Objectively, his play hasn't been that bad this year. But it's not worth keeping him in the line-up and risking him getting hurt.
Basically I think this is it. He has to provide some minimum level of
contribution to avoid "bubble wrapping" I guess the management feel he
hasn't. They gave him two oppertunities, and seem to think he didn't
bring enough. Hopefully we don't see him dressed again. Because that
probably means we've have a lot of injuries on defense.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Habaddict

And I'd love to trade Kaberle for Komiserek. I think Komo is closer to what
this team needs. And if he only sits in the press box, nothing has been lost.
He can still be bought out this summer. And I like his personality. I think he's
a positive guy to have around the team.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Haven't I told you a million times not to exaggerate?

Kaberle is +4. Give me a break with these dire predictions of pucks pouring into the Habs' net. Beaulieu is much weaker in his own zone.

Furthermore, Kaberle has 3 points in 10 games at even strength. Andrei Markov has 4 ES points in 34 games!!!!

Kaberle can play in this league.

The Habs have a reason for mothballing Kaberle and playing the kids, but safety in our zone is not the reason at this time.
Well, nobody has picked him up.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:18 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, nobody has picked him up.
I honestly thought that Kaberle would find a spot on a roster given he can help on the PP. Apparently not one team in the league, even those who are decimated by injuries, want any part of his play/contract. If he was making 1 million, I am sure he would find a suitor, but I think it is clear the 29 other teams in the NHL have no need for a 1 dimensional 4+ million dollar player.

Oh well, he will be bought out and back home to Czech for him.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I honestly thought that Kaberle would find a spot on a roster given he can help on the PP. Apparently not one team in the league, even those who are decimated by injuries, want any part of his play/contract. If he was making 1 million, I am sure he would find a suitor, but I think it is clear the 29 other teams in the NHL have no need for a 1 dimensional 4+ million dollar player.

Same as when Jokinen got waived last week - the extra year is scaring teams off.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I don't think he will have to go overseas. That part will be up to him. A team signed Gomez right away. I don't think Kaberle has been any less effective than Gomez when he has played. And he's at a position where the need is always more acute. So if he is ok signing for $1M or so, I can't see any reason why he couldn't stay in the NHL. He's not _that_ old yet.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:32 PM
bib
#believe

Saw him training on 24CH. Dude looks fat and out of shape.

At least Gomez still wanted to play. I think Kaberle was just waiting to get waived.

Quite frankly, it would have sent a bad message to the team if we let this guy stay. No drive at all.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Same as when Jokinen got waived last week - the extra year is scaring teams off.
I read a couple of gm was interested in him,but they want to send a player (salary)back the other way

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:53 PM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 50
I still can't believe we got rid of spaceman (with only a year left) for Kaberle and his albatross contract what a waste