HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kaberle on waivers. (UPDATE: Cleared Waivers)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 10:19 AM
  #251
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Both contracts expire next season, so unless Komisarek provides something substantially better as the 7th or whatever defenseman or Toronto really wants a reunion(Carlyle might not like Kaberle), I don't see it happening.
no way komisarek comes back here with his head down looking for a job. Thats just a way to piss the fan base off for no reason, especially with no upside.


Last edited by THE HOFF: 04-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:21 AM
  #252
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Haven't I told you a million times not to exaggerate?

Kaberle is +4. Give me a break with these dire predictions of pucks pouring into the Habs' net. Beaulieu is much weaker in his own zone.

Furthermore, Kaberle has 3 points in 10 games at even strength. Andrei Markov has 4 ES points in 34 games!!!!

Kaberle can play in this league.

The Habs have a reason for mothballing Kaberle and playing the kids, but safety in our zone is not the reason at this time.
Agree 100%. Kaberle's biggest problem is his 13-14 cap hit, not his play. He is by no means a great player, but he can play as a #4 guy on half the teams in the NHL and #5-7 on the other half depending on depth.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:24 AM
  #253
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Agree 100%. Kaberle's biggest problem is his 13-14 cap hit, not his play. He is by no means a great player, but he can play as a #4 guy on half the teams in the NHL and #5-7 on the other half depending on depth.
If what you say is true then a team would be willing to pick up Kaberle secure in the knowledge that they could trade him or toss him out on waivers next year. If what you say is correct then kaberle's value is increasing as time ticks out on his contract. The problem is you are not correct the league has passed judgement on Kaberle.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:04 PM
  #254
kris
No JDru for TB - yet
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Calgary via Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
I still don't understand why we haven't dressed Kaberle in a while.

In the Greg Pateryn recalled thread I was one of the only people who said I still don't understand why we don't play Kaberle as the 6th D-man and utilize him on the PP. He's not great but when paired with Boullion he can be effective.

I'm all for the kids and giving them a shot but at the same time I consistently see Gorges - Boullion on the 2nd unit PP and it drives me crazy. If we had Kaberle up we could see a pairing of Kaberle - Emelin and would greatly increase our PP who (as of late) hasn't been delivering. I'd even be willing to double shift PK every now and then and let Kaberle feed the one-timer.

I love Beaulieu as a prospect (as do I with Tinordi) so I'm okay with getting him a few games here and there but I feel like at this point Kaberle has more to offer. Outside of his cap-hit he's still a serviceable NHL d-man.

kris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:07 PM
  #255
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,491
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
I still don't understand why we haven't dressed Kaberle in a while.
Pretty simple, he's getting the bubble-wrap treatment so we can buy him out in the off-season. Objectively, his play hasn't been that bad this year. But it's not worth keeping him in the line-up and risking him getting hurt.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
  #256
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Pretty simple, he's getting the bubble-wrap treatment so we can buy him out in the off-season. Objectively, his play hasn't been that bad this year. But it's not worth keeping him in the line-up and risking him getting hurt.
Basically I think this is it. He has to provide some minimum level of
contribution to avoid "bubble wrapping" I guess the management feel he
hasn't. They gave him two oppertunities, and seem to think he didn't
bring enough. Hopefully we don't see him dressed again. Because that
probably means we've have a lot of injuries on defense.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:27 PM
  #257
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
And I'd love to trade Kaberle for Komiserek. I think Komo is closer to what
this team needs. And if he only sits in the press box, nothing has been lost.
He can still be bought out this summer. And I like his personality. I think he's
a positive guy to have around the team.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 12:33 PM
  #258
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Haven't I told you a million times not to exaggerate?

Kaberle is +4. Give me a break with these dire predictions of pucks pouring into the Habs' net. Beaulieu is much weaker in his own zone.

Furthermore, Kaberle has 3 points in 10 games at even strength. Andrei Markov has 4 ES points in 34 games!!!!

Kaberle can play in this league.

The Habs have a reason for mothballing Kaberle and playing the kids, but safety in our zone is not the reason at this time.
Well, nobody has picked him up.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:18 PM
  #259
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,029
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, nobody has picked him up.
I honestly thought that Kaberle would find a spot on a roster given he can help on the PP. Apparently not one team in the league, even those who are decimated by injuries, want any part of his play/contract. If he was making 1 million, I am sure he would find a suitor, but I think it is clear the 29 other teams in the NHL have no need for a 1 dimensional 4+ million dollar player.

Oh well, he will be bought out and back home to Czech for him.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
  #260
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,491
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I honestly thought that Kaberle would find a spot on a roster given he can help on the PP. Apparently not one team in the league, even those who are decimated by injuries, want any part of his play/contract. If he was making 1 million, I am sure he would find a suitor, but I think it is clear the 29 other teams in the NHL have no need for a 1 dimensional 4+ million dollar player.

Oh well, he will be bought out and back home to Czech for him.
Same as when Jokinen got waived last week - the extra year is scaring teams off.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:55 PM
  #261
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Oh well, he will be bought out and back home to Czech for him.
I don't think he will have to go overseas. That part will be up to him. A team signed Gomez right away. I don't think Kaberle has been any less effective than Gomez when he has played. And he's at a position where the need is always more acute. So if he is ok signing for $1M or so, I can't see any reason why he couldn't stay in the NHL. He's not _that_ old yet.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:32 PM
  #262
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Saw him training on 24CH. Dude looks fat and out of shape.

At least Gomez still wanted to play. I think Kaberle was just waiting to get waived.

Quite frankly, it would have sent a bad message to the team if we let this guy stay. No drive at all.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
  #263
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Same as when Jokinen got waived last week - the extra year is scaring teams off.
I read a couple of gm was interested in him,but they want to send a player (salary)back the other way

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:53 PM
  #264
ottawa
go habs go
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,748
vCash: 50
I still can't believe we got rid of spaceman (with only a year left) for Kaberle and his albatross contract what a waste

__________________
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/SpiderManNL/24cups.gif
ottawa is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.