HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 2 (Post #693: Rumor -- Clowe to the Flyers)

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 12:38 PM
cheesesteak

vCash: 500
I hope they don't make any of these stupid rumored trades. J Bo interests me depending on the price.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:39 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
people need to realize that you're going to hear a lot of rumors at this time of the season and that 95% of them are complete BS or blown out or proportion.
I don't think it is that they are BS or blown out of proportion. I think that there are probably even more things being discussed than we know about. Just because a trade doesn't happen doesn't mean that the rumor is made up or the guy was "wrong." I mean do you honestly think the only trades that are talked about are the ones that go through plus maybe one or two that fall apart that you read about? Of course not. Around the deadline especially, GMs are likely bouncing ideas off of each other on a daily basis. Someone reporting on such a conversation, when the trade doesn't go through, doesn't mean the guy is less credible or making stuff up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I don't think they've Marlboros, but they certainly look cigaretty.

Edit: Actually, just googled Marlboros, and found examples of packs with that sticker on top.
I would do that deal in a heartbeat if all those cigs were included.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Also FWIW, the Sharks board posted a tweet about the fact that Ryane Clowe is on the ice in SJ right now, so perhaps the trade is not as imminent as once thought?

Quote:
Brodie Brazil ‏@brodiebrazilCSN 57s
Ryane Clowe here at HP Pavilion skating with #SJSharks. That's a sign.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Also FWIW, the Sharks board posted a tweet about the fact that Ryane Clowe is on the ice in SJ right now, so perhaps the trade is not as imminent as once thought?
I don't feel as though that means too much... there is still almost 49 hours till the deadline. And Homer is clinically insane. Anybody who doesn't believe he is capable of a move like this should look at his trade history

Old
04-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux It View Post
I don't feel as though that means too much... there is still almost 49 hours till the deadline. And Homer is clinically insane. Anybody who doesn't believe he is capable of a move like this should look at his trade history
Which past trade is comparable to Couturier for Clowe?

Old
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Which past trade is comparable to Couturier for Clowe?
None, despite what people will tell you. IMO his worst trade was Steve Eminger for a 1st.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux It View Post
Meh. I will say that where there is smoke there is fire, but I really have a hard time believing that the Flyers (or any team) would trade arguably their best young player for a 30 year old, career 50 or so point player, having an awful season straight up. Homer has made a few bad trades in the past, but none like what people are fearing in this one. I think there is either more to the deal (coming and going), or less (i.e. the Flyers inquired about Clowe, the Sharks said Couturier, Homer said kthxbye).

Old
04-01-2013, 12:57 PM
n62

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Clowe skating during SJ practice.
Skating, but not scoring.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:04 PM
JVR21
G

Why did I want this team to lose? Because of **** like this. When I said we needed to lose to protect Homer from himself (i.e. thinking we have a chance and turning into a buyer), nearly everyone laughed at me. Not laughing now, are we? There's a rumor of Couturier for Clowe from a credible source. This is the **** I was talking about. ****. THAT.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Why did I want this team to lose? Because of **** like this. When I said we needed to lose to protect Homer from himself (i.e. thinking we have a chance and turning into a buyer), nearly everyone laughed at me. Not laughing now, are we? There's a rumor of Couturier for Clowe from a credible source. This is the **** I was talking about. ****. THAT.
so... you mad bro?

Old
04-01-2013, 01:08 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
so... you mad bro?
I think we would all be mad if a Couts for clowe trade happened and we didn't receive any other good players or assets.

Old
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Is it bad that even tho it's April Fools, I'm still quite concerned about this rumor?

Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
so... you mad bro?
He's right. This is why I was wary of a winning streak going into the trade deadline. I don't care if we don't sell (what's left anyway?), but moving futures for vets makes no sense.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:09 PM
PhilaFlyers

If I remember correctly they wouldn't trade Couturier for Rick Nash but they might trade him for Ryan Clowe. Makes sense.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:10 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
so... you mad bro?
Are you not? You want Ryan ****ing Clowe on this team?

Old
04-01-2013, 01:11 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Im sure the Clowe trade includes Burns or another defensive player. Not that I think its a good trade. San Jose knows they will have to give up value for Couturier.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:12 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Quote:
Go take a cold shower man. If they do the trade, that's one thing. If Homer does this trade I'll be extremely surprised and I will probably set fire to my house.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:14 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I knew something dumb like this was coming after last night. ****ing Homer and Snider are morons.

I wouldn't care if they tried to sign Clowe in the offseason but there's absolutely no need to trade for him right now.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Ryker

So in this thread people are getting their panties in a twist before anything has actually gone down. If he's getting crucified for stuff he has and hasn't done, no wonder Homer gets so much hate.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:17 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
So in this thread people are getting their panties in a twist before anything has actually gone down. If he's getting crucified for stuff he has and hasn't done, no wonder Homer gets so much hate.
Every source out there has Philadelphia as one of the 3 or 4 likely destinations for Clowe. They aren't just pulling that out of their *****. This means that Homer has at least inquired about Clowe, which in itself is stupid.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:18 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
I would want Clowe on this team. Not for Couturier straight up, but I certainly would want him on the team.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Zinnny

I've always had the feeling that we were going to try for Weber again in the offseason. We wouldn't give up Coots last season, but I could see him being a part of a weber deal this offseason (when Weber is allowed to be traded again).

Old
04-01-2013, 01:21 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

What is there to trade? Don't move Couts, don't move your next 2 1sts, don't move the Schenns. Briere is hurt, Mez is hurt, Talbot is hurt.

Laughton and Read are the only pieces I'd consider for the right price...which is a PMD (McBain, Burns, J-Bo)

Old
04-01-2013, 01:22 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I would want Clowe on this team. Not for Couturier straight up, but I certainly would want him on the team.
Yeah, Clowe would be a good fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hartnell is gone by Wednesday, it's not like Homer cares about the contract he signed players too and if you think about it, there really isn't all that much ice-time and even less cap space for both of Hartnell and Clowe.

I'm pretty sure we could get more for Hartnell than we'd have to pay for Clowe, so it might work.

Meh, don't want Hartnell gone.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:22 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Ok, let's do this. If Homer trades Couturier straight up for Clowe, I come in the "Holmgren is a retard" bandwagon. It won't happen. If Couturier goes the other way, it's for more than Clowe. Like Holmgren said, he'll only make a trade if it can help for the future. He won't get a rental for a playoffs push.

Closed Thread