HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 2 (Post #693: Rumor -- Clowe to the Flyers)

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
I am going to lose my **** if 2 wins (one against a goalie who had a down game, and one against a slumping team) has made management decide this team can compete in the playoffs.

At best, the defense is average. That's not good enough for the playoffs. The goaltending is disappointing. That's not good enough for the playoffs. Even strength offense sucks. That's not good enough for the playoffs. The PP and PK are the only things good enough.

04-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Ok, let's do this. If Homer trades Couturier straight up for Clowe, I come in the "Holmgren is a retard" bandwagon. It won't happen. If Couturier goes the other way, it's for more than Clowe. Like Holmgren said, he'll only make a trade if it can help for the future. He won't get a rental for a playoffs push.
What lesser piece can San Jose add to Clowe to make it a winning deal for the flyers? Clowe + x implies that x is a lesser piece, and I just can't see any deal with Clowe as the centerpiece as a good one,

Old
YuioIklo

Management has always wanted to compete lol, it's not about 2 wins. But they won't blow up our future for a rental. If they make a trade, it's because they think it will help us in the long run. That's what they said.

Old
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I am going to lose my **** if 2 wins (one against a goalie who had a down game, and one against a slumping team) has made management decide this team can compete in the playoffs.

At best, the defense is average. That's not good enough for the playoffs. The goaltending is disappointing. That's not good enough for the playoffs. Even strength offense sucks. That's not good enough for the playoffs. The PP and PK are the only things good enough.
If this happens I'm officially moving over to the hate on Homer crowd.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:26 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Not sure if you guys saw but some reporter (IDK about his credibility) said you guys wanted Clowe and a D-Man

Burns is off limits unless Giroux is coming back (which he isn't), and Garrioch reported Couturier. Garrioch is a hack so I doubt it IS Couturier, but what do you guys think is gonna happen?

Clowe+Demers for Couturier+2nd?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:27 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Management has always wanted to compete lol, it's not about 2 wins. But they won't blow up our future for a rental. If they make a trade, it's because they think it will help us in the long run. That's what they said.
Homer also said he wouldn't trade Jeff Carter and then traded him a few days later. You can't take anything the man says serious.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
They won't? This is the team that wasted a first round pick on Versteeg for about 2 months of injured play.

Old
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
What is there to trade? Don't move Couts, don't move your next 2 1sts, don't move the Schenns. Briere is hurt, Mez is hurt, Talbot is hurt.

Laughton and Read are the only pieces I'd consider for the right price...which is a PMD (McBain, Burns, J-Bo)
I really want them to get McBain... such a great Simpsons name.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
What lesser piece can San Jose add to Clowe to make it a winning deal for the flyers? Clowe + x implies that x is a lesser piece, and I just can't see any deal with Clowe as the centerpiece as a good one,
Idk, picks? I don't think Couturier is gonna be traded to SJ anytime soon, just saying that if he's traded, it definitely won't be for Clowe alone. This would be Holmgren's worst trade ever.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

How would y'all feel if he traded Couturier for Clowe and a guy like Demers, Braun, Irwin, Pickles, ETC?

04-01-2013, 02:29 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

No credible source said Couturier for Clowe. The credible sources said Philadelphia and Minnesota were the front runners. Bruce Garrioch (about as credible as Eklund) said Couturier was coming from Philly.

It's like if you guys were rumored to be trading Hartnell, and some dudes said SJ was the front runner, and then Garrioch said Couture is the piece coming back. If Couturier comes to San Jose, it will probably be for more than Clowe.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:30 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
How would y'all feel if he traded Couturier for Clowe and a guy like Demers, Braun, Irwin, Pickles, ETC?
I rather just not trade Couturier yet unless its part of a deal for a good Defensemen.

Old
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Not sure if you guys saw but some reporter (IDK about his credibility) said you guys wanted Clowe and a D-Man

Burns is off limits unless Giroux is coming back (which he isn't), and Garrioch reported Couturier. Garrioch is a hack so I doubt it IS Couturier, but what do you guys think is gonna happen?

The Flyers are not adding to Couturier in that deal.
I like Demers, but that's not enough high-end potential for Couturier.

What I believe is happening is Homer just gets his feelers out there concerning all guys who are available to see where prices are at.
Clowe was rumoured to the Flyers during the 2010 (?) draft, as was Bouwmeester who we are supposedly in on as well.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
I think I'd feel aggressively disgruntled. I have Couturier in the same "never trade unless for amazing return" camp I had Giroux in. I don't set that camp up lightly either.

Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

Eh,

Clowe = 2nd (36th overall)
Demers < couturier

It would be better than cloweforcouturier, but it still seems like a bad deal.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:31 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
They won't? This is the team that wasted a first round pick on Versteeg for about 2 months of injured play.
We weren't 14th (or whatever we are now) in the east. I think we were first, actually. Or close. That year, they went for a rental. This year? No way.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:32 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I rather just not trade Couturier yet unless its part of a deal for a good Defensemen.
Exactly.
You gotta ask yourself, would you rather have Clowe and Demers or Yandle etc.
Pretty easy answer for the Flyers, imo.

Old
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I don't wanna do that either but I was wondering if everyone would go on a rampage if he actually did get a defenseman back.

Old
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Every source out there has Philadelphia as one of the 3 or 4 likely destinations for Clowe. They aren't just pulling that out of their *****. This means that Homer has at least inquired about Clowe, which in itself is stupid.
Why is that in itself stupid?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:33 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Why is that in itself stupid?
Agreed. You're telling me that if the Sharks offered up Ryane Clowe for Garrett Klotz or Derek Mathers, you'd be outraged that Homer inquired?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
We weren't 14th (or whatever we are now) in the east. I think we were first, actually. Or close. That year, they went for a rental. This year? No way.
I don't really care where we were ranked that year, I think it was a dumb waste of a pick that helped keep our prospect pool drained and tainted with the Klotz. So, so much Klotz.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Agreed. You're telling me that if the Sharks offered up Ryane Clowe for Garrett Klotz or Derek Mathers, you'd be outraged that Homer inquired?
I think the poster was assuming realistic returns...and basically suggesting that the flyers should not braving futures for rentals.

Like I said, our2nd is probably fair for Clowe, but I would still be annoyed if it happened because the2nd could yield a nice prospect and Clowe will cost $4+ AAV to re-sign, which would be better spent on a PMD.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:38 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
I don't really care where we were ranked that year, I think it was a dumb waste of a pick that helped keep our prospect pool drained and tainted with the Klotz. So, so much Klotz.
I'm fine with this opinion, but the situation is totally different this year. They don't think they'll get the cup.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
No credible source said Couturier for Clowe. The credible sources said Philadelphia and Minnesota were the front runners. Bruce Garrioch (about as credible as Eklund) said Couturier was coming from Philly.
I don't even think anyone said that the Flyers were offering Couturier or even discussing him. I think the source said that the Sharks were asking for Couturier.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
I don't wanna do that either but I was wondering if everyone would go on a rampage if he actually did get a defenseman back.
If it's not Weber or Karlsson I'd probably go full-on Godzilla.

Full disclaimer though, I am all about Couturier. I would build his bandwagon out of my bones and then pull it myself, like a slug, with my floppy body.

So I might be biased.

Closed Thread