HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto deadline deal

Old
04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Spazmatic Dan
Voice of Raisin

vCash: 500
Oh great. Another Luongo to Toronto thread in the making. Awesome. This will go well.

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 04-01-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: On the prowl... ;)
Spazmatic Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:31 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstemperor View Post
We don't want Luongo. Please stop with the Luongo proposals. He's not an upgrade over Reimer. We wouldn't take his albatross contract for free.

Sincerely,

All leaf fans.
Well said and it can't be stressed enough around here!

As for Roy and Robidas, neither one is likely to be Leafs anytime soon. Roy is unneed and unnecessary and Robidas is too valuable for the Stars going forward to be traded.

In short.. both of the OP's deals are highly unlikely to happen (and I thank the cosmos for that!).

Last edited by EucaLEAFtys: 04-01-2013 at 02:10 PM.
EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by philadelphiakessel81 View Post
Rumours around the leafs is that we are still interest in luo, even if we don't want him as fans and also someone from Dallas (Roy and/or robidas) so her is what I propose.

Toronto:
Derek Roy
Stephane Robidas

Dallas:
Joe Colborne
Jessie Blacker
2014 2nd rounder

Toronto:
Roberto Luongo

Vancouver:
Tyler Bozak
Ben Scivens
Matt Frattin
2014 3rd round

Jvr-Roy-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Macaurther-Grabovski-Komorov
Orr-McClement-Mclearn

Phanuef-Gunnarsson
Liles-Robidas
Franson-Frasor
Gardiner

Luongo
Reimer

What does everyone think? Too much too little?
I posted this on the Toronto board and just got destroyed by them lol but if it's not lopsided for leaf fans it's not a good deal apparently. Let me know what other guys think that's AREN'T leafs fans lol

I wish my fellow Leaf fans would just listen to previous interviews with Nonis before making dumb trade proposals where we essentially decimate a large part of our prospect pool for older players. (Hint Hint)

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post

How do you know? Are you a fortune teller? Which lottery ticket should i buy? Guys like that quite often are the unsung heroes in the playoffs. McLaren has shown that he is a capable hockey player, and not just a goon. Orr is a forechecking monster.
This.

The ignorance of fans that probably haven't watched three Leaf games this year is actually amusing. That line is been very valuable to this team. Anyone that thinks McLaren and Orr are just talentless goons, doesn't know a lot about the makeup of this team.

Sure, guys like Kadri and Lupul love it because it keeps everyone else honest, but check out McLaren's GWG a couple of weeks ago thanks to Orr's forecheck.

Some people just look at the Leafs and say "Wow, they lead the league in fights, what a bunch of goons", so they try to connect the dots.

Holy Mackinaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 01:56 PM
pooleboy
#chychrun2016

the team is playing well and we want to blow it up?

i would say nty to both these trades.

although Robidas would be nice.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 02:23 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
I wish my fellow Leaf fans would just listen to previous interviews with Nonis before making dumb trade proposals where we essentially decimate a large part of our prospect pool for older players. (Hint Hint)
You're not the only one who wishes this.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
philadelphiakessel81

Quote:
How is this decimating our prospect pool? Out of the guys who are in the proposal how many make it to the NHL Blacker and Frattin? We are deep at the D spot. Frattin is a 3rd liner who could be replaced easily. Colborne's chance of making it the the show is getting slimer and slimer. Hes not performing at any level close enough to be a top 6 centre, possibly a 3rd centre. Roy is 29 and would bring some more experience to the team. Also Robidas is old as hell but who wouldnt want him on your backend? Im not saying I want Luongo either, I BASED THIS TRADE OFF THE RUMOURS (FROM LEGIT SOURCES) THAT ARE CURRENTLY SURROUNDING THE LEAFS. Clearly Nonis has interest in Luo if big name reporters keep mentioning it and it is going around the league. They just dont make up this stuff to get more fans on twitter. And everyday all day I take Luo over Reimer, yes a long contract, cap hits not bad, but he has more experience and can rebound from when things go wrong like what happened to him in Vancouver. He never stopped being a great goalie.

philadelphiakessel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
stavs

Quote:
i dont want to be stereotypical, but there is probably a good amount of Leafs fans that are teenagers on these boards, thus accounting for the abundance of stupidity that sprouts from different sections (check the constant kadri vs. threads and this section for proof)

stavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
How is this decimating our prospect pool? Out of the guys who are in the proposal how many make it to the NHL Blacker and Frattin? We are deep at the D spot. Frattin is a 3rd liner who could be replaced easily. Colborne's chance of making it the the show is getting slimer and slimer. Hes not performing at any level close enough to be a top 6 centre, possibly a 3rd centre. Roy is 29 and would bring some more experience to the team. Also Robidas is old as hell but who wouldnt want him on your backend? Im not saying I want Luongo either, I BASED THIS TRADE OFF THE RUMOURS (FROM LEGIT SOURCES) THAT ARE CURRENTLY SURROUNDING THE LEAFS. Clearly Nonis has interest in Luo if big name reporters keep mentioning it and it is going around the league. They just dont make up this stuff to get more fans on twitter. And everyday all day I take Luo over Reimer, yes a long contract, cap hits not bad, but he has more experience and can rebound from when things go wrong like what happened to him in Vancouver. He never stopped being a great goalie.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413804

Quote:
"I'm not going to give up youth for older players," he said. "We would trade a young player for a young player. We might trade from strength. But we're not going to trade a bunch of young players or first-round picks for short-term gain. You can't build a club that way.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/nonis-leafs-looking-to-buy-at-deadline/article10617657/

Quote:
Despite all the talk recently that the Leafs could land Roberto Luongo or Miikka Kiprusoff, however, their GM sounded like a man prepared for minor tinkering if there’s no big deal he likes.

“It’s not a priority,” Nonis said of adding a goalie. “It’s the same as every other position. If we can add a goaltender that strengthens our group and helps the guys that we have here, then we would look to do it. If not, as we’ve said all along, we think we have two NHL-calibre goalies. They’ve proved that so far this year, and goaltending hasn’t been an issue.”

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Canada4Gold

Quote:
Sorry I should note that you only make the first trade if you trade bozak in a package deal for luo. Then Roy fits in the top line with kessel and jvr. And what do you mean the second trade speaks for it's self? Your not getting luo for nothing you need to give up a decent amount
don't want him and neither does Nonis, so we don't need to give up anything.

If someone wants him they'll have to give up something sure, we're not that someone

Canada4Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:48 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

We are in route to the playoffs for the first time since 2004. Let's not try to fix something that's NOT broken. We currently have two very capable goaltenders whom are having career years stats wise , a great balance up front with talent and grit. We have great young players in the lineup and other on their way. No need for major changes. We're finally seeing the light at the end of a very long tunnel!

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote