HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit and Blues in on Bouwmeester

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I thought I read that STL settled on Leopold because they didn't want to pay J-Bo.
Yeah I was on the St Louis Blues web site and that's pretty much what they said. That they went after Leopold because the price was just way to high on Bouwmeester.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:54 PM
F l a m e s
Money Baer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
FYI for those not interested:

Jay Boumeester stats 2013: 33GP 6G 9A 15Pts. Which puts him at 11th in goals for among defenseman.

Its pretty obvious that Sutter was ruining him and not using him to his full extent.

His value should be really high right now, He logs huge minutes, now puts up pretty good numbers, and hasnt missed a game in a LONG time.

Im expecting 1st + top 3 Prospect + roster player.

Value increases if we retain some Ca
p.
I agree with you. I also agree with the poster above saying "value probably in the middle of Flames and Wings fans expectations."

I think he would excel with the Wings...

Old
04-01-2013, 02:56 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL55 View Post
The first question to ask is what team can afford to give 10.4% of their total cap space to Boowmeester next year?

Looking at cap geek:

Philadelphia Flyers, Vancouver Canucks, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks, Chicago Blackhawks, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins...

None of these teams can take a 6.8 cap hit next year on a player that would most likely not be top pairing, even if they wanted to.

Remove also teams that are going to be sellers and teams too poor to spend to the cap even if they have room...

Consider that Boowmeester has a NTC can eliminate any market he doesn't like...

Consider not every team need a (probably to them) second pairing D badly enough to take on the salary...

We can quibble on what team would be in, but my point is: definetely not a huge market.

Maybe, Toronto and Edmonton?
Not really an issue money-wise. Calgary won't be a serious contender next year and likely won't spend to the max. They could afford to eat some of the contract.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:58 PM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

Detroit makes a lot of sense for Bouwmeester. I don't know their prospect group that well, but I assume they have the ability to make a move for him if they wanted.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:00 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Fingers crossed that he ends up in St.Louis.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Zoombie

I've thought for years that Bouwmeester's game would translate really well to the Wings' system, and since they are moving out of Conference....

Without Bouwmeester for the rest of the season Flames would also get to choose between Seth or Nate

Old
04-01-2013, 03:01 PM
flameaholic

We better be getting a 1st round pick + top prospect back.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Yeah I was on the St Louis Blues web site and that's pretty much what they said. That they went after Leopold because the price was just way to high on Bouwmeester.
If the Flames want a 1st for Kipper and his .873SV...I can't imagine what they would want for JBo.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:03 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
If the Flames want a 1st for Kipper and his .873SV...I can't imagine what they would want for JBo.
Lol they'd be nuts to want a 1st for Kiprusoff. Is that what they're asking for? I was thinking a 2nd at most.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:04 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

St. Louis fans graciously hope for big Detroit success in landing Jay Bouwmeester.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:13 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
FYI for those not interested:

Jay Boumeester stats 2013: 33GP 6G 9A 15Pts. Which puts him at 11th in goals for among defenseman.

Its pretty obvious that Sutter was ruining him and not using him to his full extent.

His value should be really high right now, He logs huge minutes, now puts up pretty good numbers, and hasnt missed a game in a LONG time.

Im expecting 1st + top 3 Prospect + roster player.

Value increases if we retain some Cap.
A factor though is that he's got a NTC. The market for a big contract is also slim with the cap going down next season. So let's say he's willing to waive his NTC for 6-7 teams, and maybe two of them have interest in him. That effectively keeps his trade value down _if_ the Flames want to move him.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:14 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

**** Jaybo let his bloated salary wind up in Detroit.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:25 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
A factor though is that he's got a NTC. The market for a big contract is also slim with the cap going down next season. So let's say he's willing to waive his NTC for 6-7 teams, and maybe two of them have interest in him. That effectively keeps his trade value down _if_ the Flames want to move him.
Again though, Flames can boost the value somewhat by eating some of his salary - which they can afford to do because they're not going to be contending next year.

At this point in his career JBo is likely fine going to any team that will be a potential contender.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
LA fans: Since LA is rumoured to be connected to having interest in Jay, and given the prices we have seen for other trades leading up to this deadline.. what would you think of this offer:

Jay Bouwmeester / Greg Nemisz for Derek Fobort / Colin Fraser / Nick Shore / 2014 1st?
Hmm, anyway we could edit the Colin Fraser part? He's highly needed for the post-season.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:28 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
St. Louis fans graciously hope for big Detroit success in landing Jay Bouwmeester.
Not sure why, Boumeester helps the Wings big time. He's the perfect fit for the Wings.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Not interested unless the Wings can unload Flip to the Hawks or Ducks for a 1st round pick.

Old
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
Hmm, anyway we could edit the Colin Fraser part? He's highly needed for the post-season.
Would Richardson be available?

Old
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
The old saying it doesn't hurt to want? But remember hearing they would get a lot more from Iginla in both what they wanted and their fans wanted.

The thing with Jaybo is the Flames coming up short of their asking price, is still a huge range of things I would be unhappy with the Wings sending their way.

But that sinking feeling is starting to get there that the Wings are going to win this "bidding war" this week. All I can hope is JayBo does fit in well and finally plays a little more up to his potential. But much like Brent Burns, it is beyond time we stop talking about what JayBo could be and admit he will likely never be that player. The prices people are suggesting is payment for that still mythical version of JayBo and has very little chance of turning out well for the Wings in my opinion or any other team. Would be glad to be wrong once the trade goes through, but the assets likely to leave is going to have blood in the water for a lot of Wings fans.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Would Richardson be available?
I think that would be a fair swap, then.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

Remember how hard DET went after him when he was a UFA out of FLA? Holland will give up a lot to get him

Old
04-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD209 View Post
What are the flames asking for, and what are teams actually willing to give up?
My guess is not a ton. Right now there is no way the Blues are involved considering they just traded for JL. That would leave the Wings - and unless someone else jumps in (say Phili) the return would be closer to what the wings fans think then the Flames fans.

Maybe the Blues are driving up the price to the wings???? I think his return will be interesting.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
What about Jordan Nolan?

Old
04-01-2013, 03:43 PM
last_sd

It would come down to who is more desperate.

CAL: Want to rebuild so need futures but could definitely keep him (although I don't really see the point of having him during the rebuild process)

DET: Don't have to get Bouwmeester. Yes our defense would be better with him but we aren't really contending. Definitely not worth blowing up our farm team for him (probably will kick tires but stay away)

Only way I see CAL getting what their fans want is by having a bidding war. Not sure if there will be many suitors because of

1) NTC
2) High cap hit next year.
3) Cap going down next year.

2 and 3 works together of course.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
What about Jordan Nolan?
I think Richardson is more of a fair hockey deal, with Nolan being a tad of an overpayment. Then again, most deadline deals aren't always fair anyway.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:46 PM
BVicious

JBo to STL straight across for Berglund.

Otherwise ship him to Detroit for picks and prospects.

Closed Thread