HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 08:43 PM
zeykshade

vCash: 500
Crunch are floundering. They clearly aren't the same team in roster and play. Team is lacking finish and shockingly, grit as well. They got mauled tonight by the Admirals. Pushed all around the ice. Looked a lot like the Pre-Cooper Lightning.

Last edited by zeykshade: 03-30-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 09:08 PM
crunchrulz

View from the farm thru the non "deep black hole".
Althought the Crunch went 0 fer 8 on the power play, they held Norfolk to 0 fer 4. After giving up five goals last evening, tonight they only gave up 2. Unfortunately, the Crunch scord 0. It was not a one goal loss. The Crunch had over 35 shots on goal.
I had forgotten that Tampa has five more games left than the Crunch. Perhaps it is in the best interest in the development of the players that the folks who are with Tampa stay in Tampa, especially with the injuries that the Bolts have. I mean, what young player needs playoff experience when you take a chance on injury by playing in the AHL level after spending much of the season at the NHL level.
By all indications, the Crunch should make the playoffs. Two points away from clinching a playoff spot means you would have to lose every single game in regualtion for the rest of the season while all the teams still in the hunt would have to win all of thiers. Possible, but next to a zero chance.
Time will tell what happens to the Tampa Bay and Crunch rosters over the next few weeks. With the trade deadline coming up, there will be offers and counter offers like we have not seen in some time. Clubs that are usually bottom feeders will dang near sell thier farm system for those one or two vets they think will enable them to get the Cup this shortened season.
How this affects our rosters is up to SFY. We will just have to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

vCash: 805
People, it's not the players. It's the coach. Crunch were winning even with the players up and Cooper behind the bench.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:44 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
The real concern will be if Tampa does make the playoffs. No way does SFY send down players. His job relies on the success of the big club more than Syracuse.
Understandable - was only speculating if the Lightning were eliminated from the playoff mix.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:33 AM
BoltSTH

Crunch problems seems to get a lot worse once Lee was sent down.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Crunch problems seems to get a lot worse once Lee was sent down.
Well, last game they had a problem scoring.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:47 PM
crunchrulz

In the 14 game since the 1st of March, the Crunch have just five wins. They have been out scored 36-32 during that stretch. It is not the coaching change, it is not Lee. It is a lack of talent to play at the AHL level once the core group of Crunch players are recalled due to injury or quality of play.
Of the players left in Syracuse, Connolly is the only one at forward and Barberio at defense are the only once who can be counted on as true offensive threats. In the cases of Brown and Vlady, they have had injuries off and on this season in thier defense.
The rest of the forwards are third and fourth line AHLers at this point, and some should not even be at this level in thier careers. On defense, the team should be playing a lot better than it is as the only defenseman who was supposed to be in Syracuse for the season and is not is 'The Beard". Unfortunately, the power play which our defense should be running smoothly, is now 0 fer 26 in the last 5. Too many passes around the perimeter and when the shots are "on" net, more often than not the are "off" net. I have expressed my opinion of Riku as our number one goalie enuff that folks know I am not happy with that position.
With the injuries to Tampa, there is no room for us to do anything but moan and groan here in the Cuse. Our job is to groom the talent into the Tampa system, so when needed they can fill open spots on the roster in Tampa. It appears that the players we are sending up are capable and adding to the roster for the Bolts, rather than being chair warmers in the press box. That has happened in past affiliations, players needed in Syracuse for the playoff run and into the post season have been recalled for "conditioning" then sat in the press box collecting an NHL salary.
Perhaps some of the college and junior kids coming up as thier seasons close are the answer. We can only wait and see.
Enjoy your holiday folks!

Old
03-31-2013, 06:10 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
FYI, your prospect, Matthew Peca of Quinnipiac, just scored a natural hat trick in the first period of the NCAA East region's final.

All but punched his team's ticket to the Frozen Four single-highhandedly.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:18 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
FYI, your prospect, Matthew Peca of Quinnipiac, just scored a natural hat trick in the first period of the NCAA East region's final.

All but punched his team's ticket to the Frozen Four single-highhandedly.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:38 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Matthew Peca is a God. As a Quinnipiac student, please take good care of him when he goes to Tampa Bay, he's a gem and a half.

His hat trick was in 3:12 of playing time. His first goal was a beautiful drive to the net, getting a really nice second effort and batting it home. His second goal was a great steal in the neutral zone and a laser of a wrist shot on the goalie's glove side. His third goal he was a man possessed, deking around two guys like they were traffic cones and getting a sick backhand into the net.

He also had a great assist later in the game for the forward pass to Kellen Jones (EDM prospect) and scored on a backhanded swat.

If he makes it to the NHL, you guys will love him. Just don't take him away from us too soon

Old
03-31-2013, 11:01 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Matthew Peca is a God. As a Quinnipiac student, please take good care of him when he goes to Tampa Bay, he's a gem and a half.

His hat trick was in 3:12 of playing time. His first goal was a beautiful drive to the net, getting a really nice second effort and batting it home. His second goal was a great steal in the neutral zone and a laser of a wrist shot on the goalie's glove side. His third goal he was a man possessed, deking around two guys like they were traffic cones and getting a sick backhand into the net.

He also had a great assist later in the game for the forward pass to Kellen Jones (EDM prospect) and scored on a backhanded swat.

If he makes it to the NHL, you guys will love him. Just don't take him away from us too soon
I almost went to Quinnipiac. Shame I didn't.

Guy sounds like a beast though.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:31 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/RomanStrib
Quote:
Fr. goalie Adam Wilcox set a Gophers single-season record with a 1.88 goals-against average. His save pct. of .921 was second best ever.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:51 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
I almost went to Quinnipiac. Shame I didn't.

Guy sounds like a beast though.
He has his flaws. He loves to deke, and most of the time it just doesn't work and he'll lose the puck. He needs to learn to play a much more simple game before he steps foot into the pros.

And yes, you should have come to Quinnipiac

Old
04-01-2013, 01:17 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Old
04-01-2013, 03:48 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

His third goal looked like the famous Jagr one

Old
04-01-2013, 11:49 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013..._flyout_sports
Quote:
Tampa Bay is closing in on deals that could add a couple more players to the Syracuse Crunch lineup by the end of this week.

The two players are center/left winger Tanner Richard and defenseman Luke Witkowski.

Richard was a third-round pick by the Lightning in 2012, while Witkowski was a sixth-rounder in 2008.

Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois said final details on contracts with both should be hammered out soon.
Quote:
"He's a big, strong, good defender, physically minded, physically ready to play professional hockey,'' BriseBois said. "Now, he just needs to adjust to the pace of the pro game.''

Richard was 11-51 for Guelph of the OHL.

"This year he kind of settled in,'' said Guelph coach Scott Walker, a former Syracuse Cruncher. "He has to be more committed, but he's a good player. He's one of the best playmakers in the league.''

Old
04-01-2013, 01:01 PM
InjuredChoker

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 17 s
#tblightning announced they have signed Tanner Richard to a 3-year entry level deal, 3rd round pick from 2012 draft

Old
04-01-2013, 01:19 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 17 s
#tblightning announced they have signed Tanner Richard to a 3-year entry level deal, 3rd round pick from 2012 draft
Nice I like Richard, I see him as a 30-40 point bottom 6 guy in the NHL that can fill in on the top 6.

Old
04-01-2013, 01:28 PM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Nice I like Richard, I see him as a 30-40 point bottom 6 guy in the NHL that can fill in on the top 6.
Like Dominic Moore with a touch more offence.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:15 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
PS Syracuse Crunch ‏@PSCrunchHockey 4m
A player send down from Tampa Bay expected later. Don't know who yet.

Tampa Bay inks forward Richard, will send him to Syracuse Crunch | http://syracuse.com http://******/jDw05

http://twitter.com/PSCrunchHockey

So...who's getting sent down? Maybe one of the injured players coming back? I'll guess Panik is going to Syracuse.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:19 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
http://twitter.com/PSCrunchHockey

So...who's getting sent down? Maybe one of the injured players coming back? I'll guess Panik is going to Syracuse.
Sustr?

Old
04-01-2013, 02:29 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
Sustr?

Didn't even think about him.

Guess I'm not used to him being here yet.

Now this is up on the Crunch twitter.

Quote:
PS Syracuse Crunch ‏@PSCrunchHockey 5m
There's likelihood of a Mike Angelidis recall, no official word from TB yet but that seems to be in the works as of now.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:30 PM
I Am Beat You

Angelidis likely to be recalled.

Edit: Completely forgot about Thompson being suspended. That would seem to be the obvious reason for this.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
They said Angelidis is going to be recalled to replace Thompson. Can't imagine they'd recall him and just send another forward down. It's either gotta be Sustr or there's someone about to come off IR

Old
04-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Also: Witowski should be signed very shortly.

Closed Thread