HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumours and Speculation Thread Part 2 (Post #693: Rumor -- Clowe to the Flyers)

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 02:41 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I think the poster was assuming realistic returns...and basically suggesting that the flyers should not braving futures for rentals.

Like I said, our2nd is probably fair for Clowe, but I would still be annoyed if it happened because the2nd could yield a nice prospect and Clowe will cost $4+ AAV to re-sign, which would be better spent on a PMD.
I agree with the sentiment, however asking NEVER hurts. If the return for Clowe was a 3rd round pick and a low prospect, I do it.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
What lesser piece can San Jose add to Clowe to make it a winning deal for the flyers? Clowe + x implies that x is a lesser piece, and I just can't see any deal with Clowe as the centerpiece as a good one,
Hertl

Old
dookie88

Quote:
I think the poster was assuming realistic returns...and basically suggesting that the flyers should not braving futures for rentals.

Like I said, our2nd is probably fair for Clowe, but I would still be annoyed if it happened because the2nd could yield a nice prospect and Clowe will cost $4+ AAV to re-sign, which would be better spent on a PMD.
Our 2nd isn't going to get Clowe, Boston will offer their first rather easily.
I'm also pretty sure that if we get Clowe he will get resigned and if he will get resigned another winger is going out one way or the other.

Old
Curufinwe

Quote:

Unless they have a deal lined up to trade one of the forwards (not G or V) for a PMD.

Old
SilkyMitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Not sure if you guys saw but some reporter (IDK about his credibility) said you guys wanted Clowe and a D-Man

Burns is off limits unless Giroux is coming back (which he isn't), and Garrioch reported Couturier. Garrioch is a hack so I doubt it IS Couturier, but what do you guys think is gonna happen?

Clowe+Demers for Couturier+2nd?
literally made me lol putting burns and giroux in the same trade. you sir owe me the lunch that i just spit out due to laughter.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Ryker

Quote:
What lesser piece can San Jose add to Clowe to make it a winning deal for the flyers? Clowe + x implies that x is a lesser piece, and I just can't see any deal with Clowe as the centerpiece as a good one,
Wingels!!!

Old
04-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Hertl
Is worth more than UFA Clowe, no?

That is my point: some asset more valuable than Clowe would seem to need to be the starting point.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:47 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
That is my point: some asset more valuable than Clowe would seem to need to be the starting point.
Exactly. I can't see Holmgren giving up a significant piece of the future in return for a UFA forward unless there wasn't something else involved to sweeten the pot.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Curufinwe

I hope this is true.

Quote:
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 1m
Flyers source tells me they "aren't close on anything as of now." of course that can always change. Couturier will NOT be part of deal.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I hope this is true.
Might be the best news all day...

Old
04-01-2013, 02:52 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Eklund hasn't been that bad this year.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:52 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

As much as people get up in arms this time of year and are freaking out about Holmgren making a move, remember last year at this time there was a JVR for Ott deal that was mentioned and everyone was up in arms over that as well. Holmgren didn't bite on that deal, so I really doubt he's going to bite on a Couturier for Clowe deal. Of note, it was Bruce Garrioch via twitter, who mentioned that Couturier was the asking price. No one else has confirmed elsewise, so chances are it was probably a selection of draft picks the Flyers offered.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
As much as people get up in arms this time of year and are freaking out about Holmgren making a move, remember last year at this time there was a JVR for Ott deal that was mentioned and everyone was up in arms over that as well. Holmgren didn't bite on that deal, so I really doubt he's going to bite on a Couturier for Clowe deal. Of note, it was Bruce Garrioch via twitter, who mentioned that Couturier was the asking price. No one else has confirmed elsewise, so chances are it was probably a selection of draft picks the Flyers offered.
Plenty of people were up in arms about JVR for L. Schenn as well....

That said, I don't think he will deal couturier for a forward.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

Can't we just watch for once?

Old
04-01-2013, 03:06 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

@Hertl being a piece for trade doubt he is traded, he's too good for this team and is our only prospect with top flight potential

@Wingels being traded he has higher value to us than 29 other teams due to his chemistry with Marleau and Couture. Doubt he would be a second liner on any other teams (or successfully anyway) but he works great here. Prefer to keep him.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

Ryane Clowe makes absolutely no sense for the Flyers! Are we going to move Voracek or Simmonds after just committing to them long term. It wouldn't be the first, second or third time apparently.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:14 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Only on HFBoards will people flip out over absolutely nothing.

And who wouldn't want Clowe for the right price? The guy is a great top 6 forward who is just going through a slump this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
How would y'all feel if he traded Couturier for Clowe and a guy like Demers, Braun, Irwin, Pickles, ETC?
The thing is, I don't get why SJ would ever do a deal like that. They are sitting in a decent playoff position right now.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:17 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
I wouldn't full on rage quit if the deal was Burns Clowe and a first for Coots (and I think his value may be lower but I'm biased. I love #14). Clowe would be worth a look on G's line (yes I'd sign him if he hit FA) and I think Burns is a solid top 4 guy. Both relatively young. I can deal with that. This draft is deep so that first can be used to refill to prospect pool OR be traded on draft day for another asset. This assuming snider has a gun to my head to trade coots

Old
04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Only on HFBoards will people flip out over absolutely nothing.

And who wouldn't want Clowe for the right price? The guy is a great top 6 forward who is just going through a slump this year.

The thing is, I don't get why SJ would ever do a deal like that. They are sitting in a decent playoff position right now.
They're trying to get younger and he's a UFA this summer.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
I wouldn't full on rage quit if the deal was Burns Clowe and a first for Coots (and I think his value may be higher but I'm biased. I love #14). Clowe would be worth a look on G's line (yes I'd sign him if he hit FA) and I think Burns is a solid top 4 guy. Both relatively young. I can deal with that. This draft is deep so that first can be used to refill to prospect pool OR be traded on draft day for another asset
That is awful for San Jose.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:22 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
That is awful for San Jose.
I could careless how awful it is for them. They want a top notch shutdown center under the age of 21, you pay. We didn't take weber or Nash, a package of a scoreless clowe, burns and a first shouldn't be too much more in value. Just shows how I feel about moving coots.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
I wouldn't full on rage quit if the deal was Burns Clowe and a first for Coots (and I think his value may be lower but I'm biased. I love #14). Clowe would be worth a look on G's line (yes I'd sign him if he hit FA) and I think Burns is a solid top 4 guy. Both relatively young. I can deal with that. This draft is deep so that first can be used to refill to prospect pool OR be traded on draft day for another asset. This assuming snider has a gun to my head to trade coots
Then we could trade coburn and our two firsts to try to get Jones. Then we could stop complaining about not having enough Right handed dman. We can dream

Old
04-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I could careless how awful it is for them. They want a top notch shutdown center under the age of 21, you pay. We didn't take weber or Nash, a package of a scoreless clowe, burns and a first shouldn't be too much more in value. Just shows how I feel about moving coots.
The flyers never passed on couturier for Nash or weber. They passes on Couturier + + + for those guys.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Yeah, Clowe would be a good fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hartnell is gone by Wednesday, it's not like Homer cares about the contract he signed players too and if you think about it, there really isn't all that much ice-time and even less cap space for both of Hartnell and Clowe.

I'm pretty sure we could get more for Hartnell than we'd have to pay for Clowe, so it might work.

Meh, don't want Hartnell gone.
According to the TSN rumor mill, Columbus is willing to trade one of their 3 first round picks this year (can you even imagine having 3 first round picks?) for a scoring winger who is signed long term. I would kick the tires with Hartnell on that.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:32 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1010
Here is a quote from Clowe post-practice today in the San Jose Mercury News (newspaper):

Quote:
SAN JOSE — Sharks veteran forward Ryane Clowe sounded like a man at peace Monday whether trade rumors swirling around him prove to be true or not.

With a no-trade clause in his contract, Clowe and his agent are part of the process as general manager Doug Wilson considers offers from nearly a dozen teams reportedly interested in signing Clowe, whose contract expires June 30. Multiple sources are reporting that a deal could happen as early as today.
Quote:
"If I go somewhere, I'm not going to sign unless I see potential, but it's definitely something I'd be open to," Clowe said. "On the other hand, if it had to come down somewhere as a rental it wold probably be to a team that's a top team looking at making a run. We'll see."

Clowe indicated it has taken a while for him to be able to deal with his situation this calmly.

"Sometimes you get to a point where you just come to grips with it," he said. "I didn't know if the last three games could have been my last game here. That's always a possibility. In a way it's sad. I figure it came to the point where whatever the future holds, I'm ready for it."
http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci...s-trade-rumors

Closed Thread